Thread: 6th Gen The Pokémon Names (So Far)
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
    I like all the names so far, English or French (I live in France) . They are simple, easy to pronounce, and reflect more or less what the Pokémon is. As I've said in the thread about deigns, I like when the Pokémon people keep it simple.

There's also one thing I noticed about French names: at least two of them, Pandespiègle (Pancham) and Cabriolaine (Skiddo) are more than 10 letters long. Looks like that limit is getting bumped up to 12!

One last thing: for those who say Gen 1 names are not that creative, I'm surprised no one mentioned the absolute worst Pokémon name ever in terms of being creative: Golem. It's just the word "golem". As much as I like simple Pokémon names, just using an already existing word without changing it at all is too much even for me.

Friend codes:
    Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
    PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.