• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Smashmons: Spirit Red (Version 1.02)

Should the IVs still be random for each Pokemon?

• -Keep IVs as is, making every Pokemon unique, with some being better, while others being worse, whic

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • -All IVs are always 31, making every Pokemon the same, except for their nature, making practically e

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
0pTGT9z.png

Introduction:
What if you took the concept that Smash Bros has, but put it in a Pokemon game. I've always wondered why someone hasn't asked themselves this question, beside me. Therefore, I just decided to do it myself.
Many different creatures from many different gaming franchises (some of my bias including) are featured in this hack, as replacements for Pokemon. All of them are unique in their stats and typing, to reflect on their attributes in their own games.

This is my biggest and most poilshed hacking project yet. It took about 15 months, probably mostly due to my procrastination.
(disclaimer: Some POKEMON names might not make sense in the context of the game they come from. This is mostly due to their names not even existing or being simplified for the hack. Some evolutions also might not make sense in the context of the game they come from. This is for gameplay reasons, so we actually have a decent amount of evolutions in the game.)

Features:
-Many different creatures from many different franchises as catchable Pokemon, each with their own unique stats, typing, movepools and abilities
-Remodified Kanto, with expanded areas and more of them to explore (still, play with expectations of playing Fire Red, but with a few changes)
-A physical/special split
-A different story
-Post game content with Trainer Tower and more story after becoming the Champion
-Familiar video game characters as trainers or gym leaders
-Moves from newer generations, custom moves and rebalanced old moves
-Pokemon base stats in the Pokedex entries, so you can easily check them anytime
-Fully completable regional Pokedex, with a mini reward for the completion
-Possible challenge playthroughs with special rewards. This includes speedrunning challenge and 0 EXP challenge
-Many items can be held by wild Pokemon, including evolution stones, which are now much rarer
-Move relearner moved to Cerulean. The mushrooms needed for him are often held by wild Grass type Pokemon
-HMs can be forgotten anytime

Balance changes
-There is a regular version and "Casual" version, which makes the hack easier in some ways and making it much more nuzlocke friendly (still not reccomended for a nuzlocke tho)
-You cannot use items in battle, however, neither can your opponents. Held items still work and can be commonly found in marts
-Critical hits reworked. Now, a crit has only a 0,001525% chance of happening. With increased crit chance, it rises as by each stage as follows: 12,5%, 50%, 100%.
-Move type boosting items, like Silk Scarf, now increase power by 20%, instead of 10%.
-(not present in Casual version) Removed badge boosts
-(not present in Casual version) Game is locked to "Set" style (no switching between KO-ing opponents)
-(not present in Casual version) Removal of EVs
-(not present in Casual version) IVs not random anymore, with every Pokemon having all of them at 31

Challenge runs:
Spoiler:

Smashmons Wiki:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:
The download comes with both versions of the hack, the "normal" and "casual" mode. Make sure to view the differences up above, in the "Balance changes" section.

The original fire red ROM that was modified for this hacks was called: "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba". For best results with patching, using the same type of ROM is reccomended.

-->DOWNLOAD LINK<--
This is the download for version 1.02.

Version 1.01 save files should be compatible with version 1.02 save files. This means that if you have a 1.01 save file, you can rename it to the ROM name of the 1.02 version and "update" your 1.01 version this way.

Version history:
Spoiler:

Credits:
-Me
-DoesntKnowHowToPlay for Physical/Special split patch
-Any creators of the bajillions of tools that are being used
-Any artists of the original images, reused for sprites
-Super Soursky for HG/SS sprites, that were remodified
-Alisa180 for "All-Instrument Voicegroup" Patch
-Creators of various MIDI's used: Ashura Demon, Rexy, Robert Hanson, MetaKnightMK, tahutoa and whoever posted "Under my Control " on http://kimagurenagareboshi.web.fc2.com/ (sorry, I dunno japanese)

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
wow this is a pretty awesome idea. I had been hoping for a similar concept to this for a long time, albiet a straight up mario and pokemon crossover adventure of some form but this is good enough. I'll try this out.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
wow this is a pretty awesome idea. I had been hoping for a similar concept to this for a long time, albiet a straight up mario and pokemon crossover adventure of some form but this is good enough. I'll try this out.

There is the Mariomon ROM hack, it just isn't on Pokecommunity

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
ah I see. I'll look that up too. that said I'll keep an eye on this

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Ooh! Will there be regular pokemon or maybe enemies from Miitopia?

Regular Pokemon will be non-existent, except maybe, if I decide to put one in as a joke or something.

For the Miitopia thing, my bias will probably be a major factor on what gets in the game and doesn't, mainly on games I've played or didn't. I'll try to have variety, but I can't make a promise on that.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Same for me. And when he does finally finish talking he shows me a Pokemon and then the game freezes.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Same for me. And when he does finally finish talking he shows me a Pokemon and then the game freezes.

The game does not start.. Professor Oak keeps talking :/

Ummm... Eh... That's supposed to be the joke... The title screen warns you that the game is still in development, like it says in the post. Proffesor Oak is rehashing the Bee movie script, but because there is so much text, the game crashes.
When the hack is actually finished, I'll make a post about it and update the page to give the actual hack.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Ummm... Eh... That's supposed to be the joke... The title screen warns you that the game is still in development, like it says in the post. Proffesor Oak is rehashing the Bee movie script, but because there is so much text, the game crashes.
When the hack is actually finished, I'll make a post about it and update the page to give the actual hack.

Hmm ok than. but in regards to this hack. It looks like it has potential. Good luck

Years
Hey nice hack and I hope it will come soon! By the way can you add Mikael Jackson and some characters from Roblox? Not really a Joke but one day maybe the will come on SmashBros

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Hey nice hack and I hope it will come soon! By the way can you add Mikael Jackson and some characters from Roblox? Not really a Joke but one day maybe the will come on SmashBros

The only character of the ones you mentioned, that has a CHANCE of getting in, is this one:
Spoiler:

Years
If you're considering suggestions for Mons. Might I suggest Some Viruses and or Characters from the MegaMan Battle Network and StarForce Series? The sprites can translate well into the game.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Man, I love your hacks are very deviant in nature from Kody hacks. Truly unique.

My perspective on making hacks is that, if it's not unique, why bother? (and as long as it doesn't take too much scripting hehe xd)
Although "unique" has bitten my ass a couple of times, sometimes hacks being kinda stupid, looking back at them (even for my standards), or way out of my league, resulting in a buggy mess.

Back