• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCard Lounge

Should M-EX's system be implimented everywhere custom art is available for request?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Paint sucks

I think the problem might be paint, its craptacular, try get Photoshop, (PM me if you want it illegally) or download Paint.Net (google it) which is sooo much better than paint, not as simple but easier to use than photoshop with as good results, all my TC's turn out good and thats what i use.

EDIT: Also the reason the trainer sprite looks craptacular, is when you used the paint bucket it removes the black from the sprite aswell as the black background so what i use to do was get the pencil and make a 1 pixel line border between any black i want to keep and want to get rid of.
Look at the difference between your trainer sprite and the trainer standing next to the Bowser Lvl 70 Blastoise, theres a big difference

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Checked them and still had the same problem. Black behind the images.
The black occurs because the graphic was made to have a transparent background, so there really isn't much you can do about removing the black yourself, cept for trying out Parania's suggestion.

And by the way, it isn't what program you use at all.

Anywho, a while ago I intended to set up my own TC shop, and I may do so one day. But at the moment I can't be bothered, so I'll just display my two designs here.

MiniTC: Involves a trainer sprite and 6 pokemon icons.

LargeTC: Involves a trainer sprite, 3 pokemon and a space for moves on the side. Inspired by the Battle Trainer Ecards

Yeah, that's how I prepared them for my shop, and I even went to the trouble to create a lil RGB tutorial for those who might not have understood ^^;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 5, 2007
I have a question. DOes anybody have any normal Coordinator cardd templates, frontier pass templates, and gym leader card templates I can use? I can make TC's, but I can't find any of those templates.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
Shop Question

I'm thinking of opening a shop(again) for my pokemon info cards.
teamcard0jo.gif
<<< Example

But there is a problem, I have a very short attention span and thats why my first shop got closed. Do you think I should still open one.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
The reason it's a that speed is if someone wanted to look at the info on your pokemon, but I could easily speed it up. If you mean the transition between each card, I think I could speed that up too.

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
Years
I just started making trainer cards a few days ago. Here are my first two:

Dreavus2.png

Firenze.png

The first one I made for myself. That was my first card. Then I made a Kanto Fire themed one. Now I am making a Kanto Grass themed one ^_^ I love Kanto.

What do you guys think?

Zari

Memento mori.
Years
@MrDreavus:

The only issue with the first one may be the colors...you may want to stick with one color and its shades (like blue) or pick less saturated colors (not as bright colors.)

Second one is very nice, the yellow and red go well together and the background doesn't overpower the rest of the card. Well done!

EDIT:

Okay, out of boredom I decided to scratch a template to test my own card-making abilities. NOTE that the data here does not reflect my current status...I don't own Diamond and Pearl yet. Also, the ID no. and Friend Code are NOT mine. They are FAKE.

dptc.png

Credits are as follows:

Pkmn Icons: PokemonElite2000, Pokesho
Trainer: PE2K, major edits by me
Overworld Sprite: Original screen is from Serebii, restored by me to the best of my abilities. STEAL AND SUFFER.
Background: Spriter's Resource
Mini-Pokeball Icons: ME. If you want to use them, PM me.
Badges + Ribbons: Again, here.
Pochama Sprite + Item/Ball sprites: Serebii
Template: ME

--

Comments + Critique greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
Hm... maybe a 6? I'll try to ignore the 1000s of pixels of white you left on there. Hopefully you were planning deleting it when you're finished.

Ok - First thing: Why did you resize it? Never, ever resize cards.
Second: The name looks out of place on the card. Maybe use a different font?
The badges look slightly misaligned, but it might just be the resized effect.
The background looks very nice, and the pokemon are all in the boxes. Good.
The trainer looks fine also.

It's nothing special, just the average 6-pokemon card, with badges, trainer sprite, and name. Not much to be said about it.

You might want to edit that into a link, it's kinda huge.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Brian - That's an awesome template :) If you put it in your shop, PM me, I'd love to have one of my own for alternating in my siggy xD :) Though one thing I noticed... where do you put the name? ^^;

ck1109

Mew Rules!
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2009
sorry.... here is a better one. I uploaded it wrong.
2rdc8yo.jpg

now rate!

I cant edit the last post...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
It's decent, better then some people's =P Though a couple tips

Save the File as .png, as jpeg WILL pull color out of the cards, and make them fuzzy.
Bring the file into paint and get rid of all the white around it by pulling the ACTUAL card (not the white stuff) to the top left corner so that the top and left ends are on the edge of the screen, then pull the rest of the cavas to the bottom and right side, which gets rid of the whiteness (Paint can also save as png, that's where I do all my cards :))

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
i mak tranir cardz lolz

Hey guys and girls, I've made a nice trainer card today to pass some time. So here it is!

nyskylinetcard.png

...hmm, now that I look again, I think Mewtwo's a tad off-center...

Tools used:
Microsoft Paint
Paint.NET
The Internet (via Mozilla Firefox)

Resources used:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ni...esource.com/nintendo/pokemon/pkmndp/alldp.png - Spriter's Resource Pokemon D/P Pokemon Front (Male, Frame 1)
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ni...urce.com/nintendo/pokemon/pkmndp/trainers.png - Spriter's Resource Pokemon D/P Trainer Front
http://www.wirednewyork.com/manhattan/skyline/new_york_skyline1.jpg - wirednewyork.com image New York City Skyline at Evening

Well, that's all. Later, potaters!

ck1109

Mew Rules!
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2009
nice job white mage! i like the background.

I made another one. im proud of it.

2w5jal0.png

i put a difrent background for each poke by the way.

Years
Very Good. Though I do have one suggestion: Change the green to a red-ish/pink-ish color. The green conflicts with the red too much.

@White Mage: I like it. Alot. The shiny 3D-ish effect on the black looks very nice, and the background picture doesn't overpower the sprites, but stands out. Just a few places that didn't get the white deleted; above typhlosion's flame at the top there's one pixel, under it's right arm there's a fairly large space, and between raichu's ears. Other than that, it's perfect, imo.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
No one answered my question so I am posting it again.

I'm thinking of opening a shop(again) for my pokemon info cards.
teamcard0jo.gif
<<< Example

But there is a problem, I have a very short attention span and thats why my first shop got closed. Do you think I should still open one?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Ichida of Sinnoh

Well, the forum description does mention showing off designs, so here's my latest creation.

Ichidasinnoh.png

As you can see I used a map of Shino for the background. Thanks to Alana for the badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back