• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DNS - Day, Night and Seasons

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
I had created another day and night-system now with seasons. It's based on interdpth's RTC and supports R/S/FR/LG/Em in all languages. Unfortunately you must install interdpth's RTC in R/S/Em too to use this DNS-System. But this tool can install it, so you need only a few bytes of free space in your ROM.

Additionally...

• ... Offsets in 32MB ROMs are supportet and you can decide if you want to write the Offset with the 8, 9 or nothing, 1.
  • ... the DNS supports battles.
  • ... I had to split the 5th time period in the script at midnight so I had decided to make 6 time periods.
  • ... you can decide to install all, the RTC and DAN, the RTC and seasons or only the RTC.
  • ... finally both systems (DAN and Seasons) writes an statusbyte in the RAM which represents the current time period and Season.
Screen:

Unfortunately i'm not allowed to post any links or pictures from the DAN, because i have less then 15 posts. So i must post censored links...

DNS.png

Download:

http://www.memoryresources.de/DNS/DNS.zip

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I must say that this is a really nice tool! I saw that it was supported by A-map 1.95, so I decided to try this out, and I was seriously impressed. This is a very nice tool! :)

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Thanks Prime-dialga now I can make season-exclusive Pokemon

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hmm it seems that turning off the DAN Battles causes the game to crash upon entering a battle.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Seems both very useful and very interesting.

Being a beginning hacker, I hope you build more tools like this--there are many trainer editors, etc., but few things like these.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Other than the fact that setting the clock in RSE (and also Jambo's custom day-of-the-week setting routine) is no no longer supported, I like this tool. At least the clock is displayed correctly. If you could just add in support for these two things, I would be grateful.

In other news, I seem to not be able to remove the old RTC/DN system from my FireRed ROM. It gives me an unhandled exception and quits.

Last edited:

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Great tool, but the screen make flickers when using DAN in battles (which you can't disable without crash).

May I suggest to not use dynamic checking of the time during battles in order to not refresh palettes everytime.

Years
I used it in a Fire Red 1.0 ROM on XP...
Good news is it worked fine..
Bad news is I don't know how to use it. = (
Can anyone post a tutorial?

Thanks.

Years
I had intalled the RTC and DAN system in Emerald rom (Japanese version) and used the GBA flash card with the RTC to play it. I found out that the background palette won't changes along with all the time periods, it always the dark night (dark blue palette). If I use the emulator to play it, the background palette will change along with the RTC that inside the computer. May I have a DAN system that the background palette will change along with the RTC which inside Emerald rom itself? Please help me to achieve it. Thanks a lot.

PS: Sorry for my poor English

Last edited:

RegisteelX

Too many days to get lost
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
how can you find 0x3DO bytes? i can't do that with Free space finder.

and when i apply them, nothing happens in the game.

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Nice! I installed the RTC in my hack, and it's pretty nifty!
One question though... how do I access that "statusbyte" thingy that displays the time?
I mean, it showed a statusbyte thingy offset but how do I display its status in the ROM?
Please help. :)

Last edited:
Back