• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black hack: Pokemon Pure White/Pitch Black

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

logos.png

FEATURES:

*Rated X for eXtremely hard!
Because let's face it, Pokemon was made with children in mind so it's made possible for a 6-year old to beat it. These hacks will prove difficult even for adult Pokemon fans. You can beat the real games simply by using your most powerful attacks, but that won't work in Pure White/Pitch Black. You'll have to rely on more advanced strategies like status effects, stat-lowering moves, and switching constantly to keep your team alive. A guide will be given to tell you how to beat the Gym Leaders/Elite 4, but their actual teams won't be revealed because that's for you to find out!

*Old Places, New Faces

Non-Unova Pokemon will be available to you as soon as you begin your adventure. This gives you more team options to face the upcoming challenges. Of course, you should expect your opponents to use non-Unova Pokemon as well.

*Gotta Catch 'Em All!
All 649 Pokemon will be available in this game without trading, transferring, or accessing the Dream World. This includes legendary Pokemon as well, although they will be especially tough to find. A list of Pokemon locations will be provided.

*The Solution to Evolution
Pokemon that used to evolve by trade have new evolution methods so you won't have to trade anymore. A list of new evolution methods will be provided.

*Trainer is about to send in..."something"?
By default in the real games, you'll always be told what your opponent will send in which gives you a chance to easily counter your opponent's next Pokemon. In these games, the trainer's Pokemon name has been replaced with the word "something" which means you'll never know what your opponent will send in next!

*Smugleaf just got Smugger
The truth is, starting with a Snivy gives you a disadvantage since this game is especially tough on Grass-types. To make up for this, the Snivy line now evolves much quicker than the other two starters. In addition, it also learns two new moves - Earth Power instead of Wring Out and Dragon Pulse instead of Gastro Acid. If for some reason, you still want Wring Out and Gastro Acid, you can always learn them as a Servine.

*Pseudo Tutors
The reason a lot of Unova Pokemon don't learn many good moves is because the huge list of tutor moves from 3rd and 4th gens are missing. To slightly make up for this, some Pokemon now learn a "tutor" move by level up. For instance, Unfezant gets Superpower, Lilligant and Vanilluxe get Earth Power, and Klinklang gets Zen Headbutt.

*Doctors? More like Murderers!
Doctors will always heal your Pokemon to full health...if you can beat them! But they'll always engage in triple or rotation battles and have extremely powerful Pokemon with extremely powerful moves. They may be even tougher than Gym Leaders! Don't expect to win against them the first time. However they are completely optional, just like in the real games.
Nurses on the other hand, are very easy to beat and use Audinos, Chanseys, and Blisseys which are great for EXP.

*Maybe you'll actually Read this time.
Regular trainers in the real games never have anything to say other than a few generic lines. In these games, some trainers here and there will have a bit more interesting dialog. Expect to hear references to pop culture, world events, internet memes, innuendos, and maybe even a few things not appropriate for a Pokemon game!

*Gender Bender
Major trainers you'll meet in the game will have their genders switched, so males will become females and females will become males. Their overworld sprites, VS sprites, and battle sprites will be edited to reflect this change. This keeps the game fresh even when you're not battling or catching Pokemon.

*WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT GETS HARDER?!?
Don't expect the challenges to end once you've beaten the main storyline. Besides the rematches against the Elite 4 and your Rivals, there are more difficult battles in store for you. Can you beat the Riches family, who are even tougher than the Elite 4? Or how about clearing Challenger's Cave, where everything is at Level 100 (even the wild Pokemon!). Don't even think about beating Morimoto the first time!

A Dream Come True!
Now you can get Pokemon with Dream World abilities without actually having to access Dream World. All the best abilities have been added to Pokemon who need them such as Drizzle Politoed, Drought Ninetales, and Speed Boost Blaziken.

What a Steal!
Time to put Thief and Covet to good use. Many wild Pokemon will be holding items that are rare or completely unavailable in the regular games. This include Berries mostly, but also expensive or hard-to-get items such as Vitamins, Rare Candies, and Battle Subway prizes.

*Winners really Win!
When the hacks come out, it will come with another challenge for players. Record your victories against the major trainers in the game and you can win actual prizes! I'll give you free shiny Pokemon (legit ones, not ones made by Pokesav), free art requests (because I can draw), and even free online gift cards! I'll post a video up with rules and more details when it is released, so stay tuned!

Screenshots:

tepig.png
bellsprout.png
rotation.png
something.png
wartortle.png
serperior.png
cressow.png
cressvs.png
cressb.png

picture3.png

Trailer:

DOWNLOAD:
Mediafire

Credits:
KazoWAR for his Trainer Editor and Sprite Editors
Pedro250 for his Evolution Editor
SCV for PPTXT
Drayano for telling how to edit Wild Pokemon locations
elementking for telling how to edit Pokemon Level-Up moves
neltazero for his Wild Pokemon Editor
twistedfatal for his Pokemon Stat Editor

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I actually like the sound of this particular hack, even though there's a few other Black & White hacks circulating the Slideshow forum, I'm drawn to this one the most, maybe cause' it's the fact that it has way more information that the others. :3

Good luck on completing the rest, and I cannot wait to play it! :D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Looks awesome dude. I cannot wait to play it, however like dragonomega says, there are alot of Black/White hacks going on. They should actually spread over time so we have time to play them.

something.png

U managed to edit text? :o

FlameEntei

Old fan
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Hi I was wondering how do you edit the Wild Pokemon data in the roms.

I just nailed down Route 1 but I got lost in finding the 20 slots that a member called Drayano talked about in Project Pokemon.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

Thanks for the comments!

U managed to edit text? :o
Yeah, it's easy with PPTXT, the same tool used to translate the Japanese ROMs to English.

Hi I was wondering how do you edit the Wild Pokemon data in the roms.

I just nailed down Route 1 but I got lost in finding the 20 slots that a member called Drayano talked about in Project Pokemon.
I made a little guide here.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
Possible dialogue:

*Trainer engages you from an area where he is not visible. Item is right after that as bait*

Trainer: "IT'S A TRAP"

The trainer is named Admiral Ackbar. The item behind it is a Burn Heal. By the way, this looks like a pretty good thing you're making. I would play it if I could, looks great.

Another idea. Have a trainer GARBAGE DAY! and make him have only Trubbish and Garbodor.

Last edited:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Instead of 'Somthing' couldn't it say

"Gym Leader 'name' is sending out their next pokemon!"

blue

gucci
Years
This actually looks really intresting & fun to play and some of the features you've enhanced make the game alot more unique to the other hacks.

*Trainer is about to send in..."something"?
By default in the real games, you'll always be told what your opponent will send in which gives you a chance to easily counter your opponent's next Pokemon. In these games, the trainer's Pokemon name has been replaced with the word "something" which means you'll never know what your opponent will send in next!

I like this feature because then you won't be able to get a pokemon that's a good matchup. I'll certainly be playing this once released.

Are they're any beta testers current? I really want to test & play this ASAP.

geox123

"Can go all night" Philosopher
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Nice. It goes without saying that Joey (Dreamyard Youngster) should talk about his top percentage pokemon (not necessarily a rattata).

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
Years
I personally think this is an absolutely amazing hack idea that I would love to test :D
Would there be a slight level curve? Or would we just have to fend for ourselves?
I think if you lose to Cheren in the first battle he should say "Winning!", I don't know why, it just appeals to me.
If you do get to the point of music editing, can the champion battle music from HG/SS or G/S/C please be put in, I miss it so bad
The titles look cool, putting those in there would be fantastic.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Forreal though, if I can test, please let me know

Years
Hm. ideas... Yay.
Trainer using mostly water type: "Dance Water, Dance!" After defeat: "Run, Run away!" talk to after defeat- "Now that's just plain rude!" (Kingdom Hearts 2 reference)

Trainer. Intro- Says name then 'Got it memorized?'

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Finally, dialogue changes I can look forward to! Will be playing this when I get my NDS emulator working.

Years
nice, what you have listed there are the exact improvements that i want for black and white.
this is going to be epic, thanks in advance and good luck competing with the others

JSwagg

Bug Catcher Justin
Years
I'm in, and the end of April is coming up here in a few weeks. I'm patient.....ish. But all jokes aside, this looks like a Hack I can REALLY get into.

Question for the veterans....Is a hacked DS game operated just like the VBA games? Create the folder, place the hack file in folder, place the original game in folder and rename to match the hack? I need to know before I do something I'll regret XD

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I really like this hack, the leveling/battling improvements really shine. I'm going to look forward to this hack than the other Blackk/White sub-hacks more often. Detailed features you have added, and cannot wait to see where all the 40+ legendaries will be found.

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2011
This looks AMAZING save for the doctors and nurses. :(

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

cressow.png
cressvs.png
cressb.png

Whoo! Thanks to KazoWar, sprite editing in B/W is finally easy. So this bring us to another feature of this hack:

*Gender Bender
Major trainers you'll meet in the game will have their genders switched, so males will become females and females will become males. Their overworld sprites, VS sprites, and battle sprites will be edited to reflect this change. This keeps the game fresh even when you're not battling or catching Pokemon.

This will most likely take the place of music editing. Since sprite editing takes some time, the release of the final version may be delayed a week or two. However, I will be releasing a beta version for a select few people to test.

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
Years
This looks excellent! The sprite hacking is great, the gender blender thing made me laugh. I'm really looking forward to playing this when it comes out. I have a question however... would it be possible to create another version of the game in which whenever a Pokemon of yours faints, it is instantly released? I understand if it is too difficult to locate the "release" script but if you could, it would make a great game to Nuzlocke from the sounds of it!

That strange and wonderful request aside... great job and keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to playing this in the future!

Back