• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Character?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
One of my favorite characters is May. She's pretty and she has had good character development throughout the Advanced generation. My absolute favorite is Ash; I like how he puts his mind to something and never gives up.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I haven't seen much if the new anime but Iris is funny with her Axew :). But Ash and Brock are my favourites xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
Kanto/Orange Islands - Brock, I like the way he treated his Pokemon and I liked his team.

Johto - I don't really have a favourite character for this series.

Hoenn/Frontier - Max, it was nice to see him grow as he travelled with the group.

Sinnoh - Zoey, she was too smart to not win. And she was cool but also a nice person.

Unova - Trip, I just think he is the guy who I would be like the most. Trining up strong Pokemon whilst learning the basics before progressing and learning from my mistakes. I also the way he hands out respect like to Cilan he shows respect because Cilan is mature and analytical whereas Ash is just some kid who lucks out.

The whole series - James. He is probably one of the best trainers in the series we just don't get to see it. He is smart and caring but he can also battle well when he wants to.

If he competed in the league in the next region using all the pokemon he can retrieve from his past then I imagine he could get far. Imagine his possible team if they evolved whilst he was challenging gyms; Chimecho, Arcanine, Cacturne, Carnivine, Mr Mime, Cofagrigus. That is quite a team to go up against and with James in charge they could do well in the league conference. I would love for that to happen.

Years
I think consistently through the series, Jessie has made me laugh the most, I just love that she has so many sides to her character plus I always thought her outfit was super cool lol :D

Years
My fave characters:

Dawn - I loved her development and the cute outfits she wears in contests. I loved her so much she inspired my username.

Cilan - He makes me laugh at lot in the Unova saga and he has an iconic Japanese voice (Mamoru Miyano, who also voices one of my fave non-Pokemon anime characters).

May - She uses some pretty cool Pokemon, I love her Glaceon especially. Not to mention my hair is the same color as hers.

Iris - I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't find her annoying. She's pretty tough and I love her Emolga and Excadrill.

Jessie, James & Meowth - I love how funny they are, even though the Unova saga toned down their comedic personality. Meowth's voice is so funny.

Bianca - She's really cute and hilarious, but she's also very tough.

Paul - My fave of the Sinnoh rivals, he uses strong Pokemon and I love his voice, it's very enthusiastic.

Zoey - My fave of Dawn's rivals, and I like how she's a tomboy compared to most of the main girls.

Barry - Again, love him cos he's funny. I also love how most of his Pokemon are based on his in-game team.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Here are my faves:

Ash - The BEST Protagonist ever and he is so cute with his Pikachu!

Bianca - So clumsy and cute! She is always hyperactive.

Barry - Yep. Bianca and Barry are so related, not really. Also, Hyperactive.

Cilan - Two Words: EVALUATION (TASTING) TIME!

Dawn - The Girl I Really Admire!

Paul - ...hmph... Thats All I Have for Him

Stephan - Much like Butch from Team Rocket cuz other people didn't pronounce his name right.

The fave characters from Game that appear in one or couple episodes:
Flint (E4), Volkner, Aaron (Both Movie 8 and Sinnoh E4), Alder, Byron, Roark, Wake, Elesa, Lt. Surge and Ranger Ben.

The Fave Characters of the Day:
AJ, Samurai, Sho (DP074), Glenn (BW067), Narissa.

Info on Pokemon Characters:

Flint - Tough and Hard-Hitting with an Afro. He is also friends with Wild Bouffalant lol.
Volkner - One an Emo Dude, Now a brave Sunyshore representative
AJ - Like his voice, as opposed to Meowth lol.
Narissa - She is sure of herself and keeps her head in the game by admiring Flint.
Alder - He helped me enjoy life!
Roark - Dunno.
Byron - A digging enthusiast and he's 40!
Elesa and Wake used to be my favorite Leaders. Although Elesa and Volkner (Denkami) is implied.
Aaron - Yep. Girls think he's H4WT!!! Wish he has Scolipede and Galvantula
Ranger Ben - I like him of his optimistic ways, much like cilan.
Jack Walker - 2nd favorite Ranger.
Attila - Very tough and the coolest badass ever.
Glenn - Looks like Beyblade Blader DJ.
Sho - His street slang is awesome and specializes in Electric Types like Volkner, Elesa and Surge.
Lt. Surge - THE BEST ELECTRIC TYPE GUY IN THE WORLD!

So this is why I chose Ash becaue of his Pikachu. ELECTRIC TYPES.
Although I like Piplup and Oshawott.

Last edited:
Years
My favorite character is Dawn. She's so cute. (Yes, I'm of the masculine gender and I like Dawn. Any problem with that? o.O Ahihihihi.)

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Out of the entire show my favorite character has got to be James. He's funny and surprisingly strong when motivated, unfortunately he's not motivated very often. Poor guy. But he's also quite a complex character, even he seems confused about where he should draw the line when committing criminal deeds.
Plus the eternal question..... is he gay?

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Gary Oak is my favorite, who else? I despise Ash Ketchum with a passion. I do not like his whiny ass. Gary, on the other hand, is such a snarky character. I love him. "Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" is the funniest thing I've seen on a cartoon. >:] I just wish Gary were in more episodes. It's maddening.
And I've always loved Team Rocket too [especially James]. He's a goof. I love him. And dat blue hair! x)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I really do not understand the huge hype with Cilan, i find him quite annoying but what ever floats your boat.

My favorite character would have to be........ Wow Its a lot harder than i thought it would be to answer this question. I started typing with a clear answer in my head and as soon as i was about to type it i had my doubts.

My favorite character would have to be Jessie or Ash, like the poster above Jessie has given me the most comical relief and i also like the main character.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
Kanto: Gary Oak - I just love his cocky attitude.

Johto: Brock - I was happy when he returned

Hoenn: May - she is by far my favorite female character.

Sinnoh: Barry -its funny when he always bumps into everyone.

Unova: Trip - I like him because he reminds me of a mix of paul and gary.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Paul is my favorite character. He has a wonderful personality and a unique training style, which has landed him into some trouble, but he is a different character from what the anime typically provides. Ash didn't consider him as a friendly rival; in fact, it was more like they were enemies. Either way, Paul made Ash want to train better. His personality does give him a bad reputation with just about everybody in the fandom, but I liked it. It was cold, ruthless, and almost mean. Still, he was smart and knew how to battle along with coming up with a variety of strategies. His training tactics were also pretty dang good, especially with him nearly forcing Chimchar to evolve, although that didn't work at all. I thought it was creative.

He pushed his Pokemon to limits they probably never dreamed about, but most of them pulled through anyway. I liked the rivalry he had with Ash as well as his character development in the anime, which is a novelty within itself. He developed from being an ass to a nicer ass. That's why I love him.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Out of the main and secondary characters, I like everyone. Well, except for Shigeru and Shinji, I hate them.

I like Satoshi because he's always such a derp. Kasumi is entertaining too, espcially when she yells at Satoshi. Takeshi's obsession with women is always funny. As for Haruka and Hikari, while they aren't as funny as Kasumi, they are very nice, and I really like their singing (well, okay, I like everyone's singing, but that's besides the point). Iris is pretty unique due to her being adventerous. As for Dent, he's cool, but he says 'taste' a little too much, I love his design though.

Um, who haven't I covered.... well, there's Masato. I haven't seen enough Advance Generation to really form a good opinion on him. I was able to get a better opinion on his sister, Haruka because she talks more. Then there's Kenji, who's cool, since well, he draws and I do too. Then Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are entertaining to watch, and I like the backstories they gave them.

Oh, crap, forgot about Kosaburo and Yamato. Well, Yamato is just a jerk, I don't like her. As for Kosaburo, he's cool I guess.

All in all, I can't decide, all I know is I hate Shigeru and Shinji, so definatly not them.

Back