• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yay cool thank you! You suggested I do icons yesterday and I ended up making tons today and then I was like crap what do I do with these besides copy Syddy???

And also I'm like really in love with my avatar rn? I mean I actually used this exact same fanart for a very similar avatar/icon set two years ago but this one's just so much better.

Years
So I don't really do challenges, but I like to see what kinds people come up with. Earth Day is not that far away. Maybe someone could do an Earth Day challenge. Something like:

- a Grass-type Pokemon
- a green-colored Pokemon
- a Pokemon with the Healer, Honey Gather, Natural Cure, Pickup, Poison Heal, Regenerator, or Sap Sipper ability. (Or one that can have it? Or an evolution?)
- a Water-type Pokemon
- a Pokemon that you caught/obtained in a "forest" named area of the game: Viridian Forest, Ilex Forest, etc.
- a Pokemon with the move Earth Power, Natural Gift, Nature Power, or Recycle. (Or just one that can learn it?)

Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute - You may not use a Poison-type Pokemon. You must also defeat every Poison-type Pokemon you encounter. (No running away, using Roar, etc.) If a wild Poison-type Pokemon causes the battle to end then you must search the area until you find another of the same kind and defeat it.

Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires - You may not use a Fire-type Pokemon. You must also defeat every Fire-type Pokemon you encounter. (No running away, using Roar, etc.) If a wild Fire-type Pokemon causes the battle to end then you must search the area until you find another of the same kind and defeat it.

And so on.

Years
Sounds like you put a lot thought into that challenge. If Syd doesn't make that an event, you can make that your own challenge.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I really like this idea as a challenge. Might do it on HeartGold once I clear it up, just because it's probably more interesting than:
a) playing Igo, Reversi, Chess or solving Sudokus on the phone all day
b) listening the teacher repeat same old things for the nth time... (we learned about using masks in photoshop on the first year darn it...)

Last edited:
Years
Sounds like you put a lot thought into that challenge. If Syd doesn't make that an event, you can make that your own challenge.
I would, but I don't really have the time/will to do a challenge myself right now and the rules say you gotta participate in your own challenges, so... I dropped it here for anyone who want to play with it and make it their own.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cute idea, Scarf! Kinda missed the mark to make it an event though (I'm really OCD with them apparently?), but it'd be great if someone wanted to start it. :) I know you don't have time for it now, but hopefully if someone else makes it, you could come back and play it sometime. :) I think it's a cute idea though. It'd be a challenge for me...no Fire types...really difficult for me not to use one. XD

Years
In other, unrelated news: The computer I'm getting is second hand, and is currently getting formatted. I might be able to finally start challenges again. Sadly, all my files and other stuff are forever gone, so I can't continue any of the challenges I started. I promise I won't be competeing in more than one challenge at once, only exception being events.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I just submitted two more eras for the time warp challenge! Pirate Golden Age, and time rift. I probably won't be writing any more eras for this challenge. I hope they both get added!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have had a very productive week so far, and I will be adding to that productivity tonight by working on my challenges! ...And watching YGOTAS. 8)

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I have had a very productive week so far, and I will be adding to that productivity tonight by working on my challenges! ...And watching YGOTAS. 8)

I wish I was productive right now.I'm procrastinating on some work I got over Spring Break. :p Guess I'll be "productive" tomorrow,challenges and all.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I was on a roll, but then I kind of ran out of momentum and now I need a push to get going again. :| Although really what I need to be doing is cleaning the entire house rather than challenges, PC, and watching Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
What about making a challenge where you have to use pokemon that are first evo and have to be done first first evo in a team of 4 (so you can have hm slaves) maybe call it baby challenge or egg challenge or something

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
What about making a challenge where you have to use pokemon that are first evo and have to be done first first evo in a team of 4 (so you can have hm slaves) maybe call it baby challenge or egg challenge or something

We already have a Baby Pokémon Challenge.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297240

You have to use pokémon from the list of 18 baby pokémon in it and your team can be as large as you want it to, but has to have at least 2 Pokémon in it (else it wouldn't be a team xD).

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Wish I had a computer right now. The laptop i'm using has its hinges broken off,but the screen is still connected,so it still works XD.

in other news,finished my 2nd Challenge!

Edit:Deciding between doing the Time Warp Challenge on Storm Silver,the Ones That Got Away on Yin Black,Or the Gym Leader Challenge on Volt White 2. All of the challenges look good to try. Decisions Decisions....

Last edited:
Years
I decided once I get my new laptop, I will start a post-apocalypse Time Warp challenge. Instead of a screenshot run however, it may just be a comic. I already have a team planned out, though it's in the rough draft.

Blaziken, Sableye, Weezing, Flygon (if allowed, if not: Armaldo), Tentacruel, and Pinsir.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I finally caught a Feebas... I fed it up to the max number of Pokeblocks you can feed it and now I can't feed it anymore.. and it still doesn't evolve into Milotic.. I gotta get another Feebas so I can waste my berries on it again.. UGH! ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back