• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Four Paws [Rated T] (Complete)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 40
"There," Bill smiled as soon as he finished tying this weird collar-thingy around my neck. "Try it out."

It felt cold and heavier than that pink collar I used to wear. Anyway, it has a shiny black circular icon-badge-whatever thingy, which has a filter-like microphone and small speakers inside. Talk about a weird invention.

I touched it with my paw for no apparent reason, and then coughed.

"Ahem," I said, shifting slightly on the sofa. "Testing, testing... One, two, three..."

Bill's smile grew wider. "It worked! And you even test it like a human does!"

I deadpanned. "That's because I am one."

Bill nodded. "I wonder if I could filter your Eevee voice so English will not mix with it whenever you talk..."

"Whatever... At least you understand me now..."

Krys walked beside me and curiously poked the collar with a paw. "I can't believe he actually managed to make one..."

I grinned. "Don't let our poor technology back home judge the technology of this world."

"So," Shock gestured with a hand, "the human can understand everything you say through that thing?"

I looked up at Bill. "Hm... You're an ugly human."

"Hey!" he frowned. "I'll have you know that girls used to storm over me, and I could have dated all of them if I weren't so busy with science and stuff!"

I grinned. "And when was that?"

He blinked, and glared at me. "I'm starting to regret inventing that thing now..."

I chuckled and turned to my snickering Pikachu friend.

"I'm convinced," Shock chuckled.

Fay excitedly jumped in place. "Oh! Oh! Can I try it! Can I? Please?"

Oh, if only... Nah. I shook my head. "Sorry Fay, but I don't think his small head can take it."

"Okay," Bill suddenly grabbed the collar. "I'm taking this back before I'll do something I'll regret."

I chuckled and allowed him to remove the collar. Ah, it's good to have a lighter neck.

Bill then sat back on his chair in front of the sofa. He then sighed and took a paper that Krystal and I printed from his laptop. While everyone were having lunch, we borrowed his laptop and typed down a few things that our little group has found out about the black-magic phenomenon. We were kinda disappointed that we only managed to fill half of the paper, but meh, it was at least straight to the point.

He scratched his head as he read it again and Lais landing on his shoulder. "A legendary Pokémon who is protecting whatever stops normal Pokémon from evolving..." He leaned against his chair and stared at us. "If it's true, then this is big...like, really big..."

I was about to talk, but I suddenly remembered that I no longer had the collar on. I gestured with my paws to have them back, and he eyed me suspiciously. I rolled my eyes and pointed to Krystal instead. She just blinked and gasped.

"Oh no! No!" she stepped back, and bumped on Vixie's side. "I don't like public speaking or anything like giving my own opinion to a large crowd!"

"That didn't stop you from voicing out your opinion when we were outside," I pointed out. "Besides," I pointed Bill, "you're just going to talk to him anyway."

"I think it's a good idea for the others to hear this as well," Bill spoke out loud as he stood up. "They're about to resume, so I guess that will be the perfect time to let them know about what you guys know." He then turned to Krystal. "No offense to Jay, but Krys, you're a more sensible one, so—"

"No!" Krystal barked at him.

"Sheesh, girl," I shook my head. "You are bound to talk in front of many people when we get back home. What, with graduation, job interviews..."

"No," she glared at me. "No! And that's final!"

"Sheesh," I rolled my eyes, "you don't have to be a b*tch about i—ack!"

She slapped me! How the heck can she slap me? At least no nails were used.

"Jay," Shock called with a smile, "you keep that up, and you'll never find yourself a mate."

"Put a sock in it," I then glared at the slapper. "And you..." I trailed off as I noticed she wasn't paying me any attention. Typical teenagers. "Never mind."

"Ah, young love," Lais suddenly said, staring at the ceiling with dreamy eyes.

"I'll take it that Krystal doesn't want to talk," Bill sighed as he put the collar on me again. "Just promise me to talk properly..."

"Don't count on it," Krystal whispered all too loudly. That...kinda ticked me off.

"Hey you," I turned to the Chikorita. "Do something about our princess' attitude, will ya?"

"I'll try," she replied. "But you'll need to do something about your attitude as well."

The Surskit nodded.

"And what does that su—you know what? I'm not going to argue with you, 'cuz I don't even know you." I jumped off the sofa and walked towards the kitchen. "The sooner I'll get back to human, the better."

"Someone's on a foul mood," Fay chirped as the rest of my friends followed me.

I heard Bill sigh and said a few things to Krystal before he walked after us and opened the door to the backyard.

"Maybe you should let Shock or Saur do the talking," Vixie said, who walked beside me. "No offense, but I don't think you can think straight when you're angry."

"Gee, ya think?!" I snarled. I suddenly felt a powerful slap behind my head, throwing me a few paces forward. "OW!" I heard series of gasps, but I ignored it as I spun and glared at Saur, who was in the process of retracting his vine. "What the hell was THAT for?!"

Shock slowly lowered his hand and closed his mouth, and let Saur do the talking.

"You're angry," he calmly replied, "but you shouldn't pour it on Vixie, or us."

"Do you know what I think?!" I snarled as I pulled the collar off, and threw it on the ground. "Screw this!" I turned around and walked off. I don't know where I was headed to, but I don't care.

I'm angry? Yeah, obviously, I am! Thank you for pointing that out, genius!

...why am I so angry all of a sudden?

I sighed as I spun around, sat on the ground, and slowly leaned my back against the tree. Wow, I was probably a few meters away from the meeting site. Still inside Oak's property, but whatever. Also...it's kinda strange that it's now a habit to kick my tail before I sit down... Anyway...

I guess Krystal's attitude just ticked me off. Sigh... Well, at least I now know that I'm never going to have the patience to be a dad. I guess that's a good thing. Is it a good thing? Blah.

I felt myself slipping down, but I didn't bother. I slipped from leaning on the tree, and my back was now on the ground, my gaze on the soft rays of the sun that poked through the leaves that quietly danced with the soft breeze. Wow...that was almost poetic.

"You okay?"

I sighed and closed my eyes. "A bit, yeah..."

Vixie sat beside me. No idea what she was doing, since my eyes are closed.

"Sorry if I snapped at you back there..." I said quietly. "I didn't mean to."

"Eh, I got used to it. Shock's always like that."

That made me chuckle. "Heh, good point. Still," I opened my eyes, and saw her gently smiling back at me. "I'd like to say sorry..."

"Forgiven," she simply replied.

She's cute when she smiles though. Well, Vulpixes are really cute Pokémon, I guess. She then turned her head up and stared at the sea of leaves.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and sighed through my mouth. I love how peaceful this world is. Well, not really, but, oh never mind.

"So..." I said, "I imagine that the humans are eagerly listening, huh?"

Vixie chuckled.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." I chuckled as I opened my eyes.

Vixie then turned to me, her smile slowly fading. "So, we're going to find out what is causing us from not evolving."

"Yeah," I felt my own smile fading as well. Welp, time to go back to seriousville... "I guess I'll wish you guys good luck."

She frowned. "You're...not coming?"

I slowly shook my head. "Sorry, Vixie, but," I rolled to my belly and pulled myself into a sitting position. "I told you guys that I'm human, and I just want to go back home."

Her ears drooped and her gaze fell on the ground. "Oh, right, that..."

I smiled. "Hey, cheer up. At least you got Saur, Fay, and Shock." She looked at me. "And who knows," I shrugged, "maybe you can force Shock to be your mate."

She had a blank expression on her. "What?"

Smile...fading... "I...mean... Well, Shock seemed overly-protective of you, so...um..." I trailed off when she was now angrily staring at me. "...please don't hurt me?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Well, I did liked him before, but..." she looked away.

I blinked. Ah... "He turned you down because he's into his own specie?"

She sighed again and nodded.

"That's...kind of racist, don't you think?"

"I don't know what 'racist' means, but I got over it." She shrugged and smiled. "I guess I'm just glad that we're still friends, after I offered him my...love."

"I am starting to imagine a very very sappy story..." I teased.

"Oh, shut up..." she then turned her gaze to the peaceful rolling clouds. "And...just curious, but..."

She trailed off... Sheesh, fine, I'll bite. "But...?"

"Do you like Krystal?"

I choked on air and coughed. "Wh-what?!" I fixed her a glare. "No! I am NOT a freaking pedophile! Damn it!"

She blinked at me. "Sorry but, I don't know what that means as well..."

I blinked. "Oh, right... Sorry, again, for snapping at you..." I sighed. "It means an adult that wants to have sexual relations with a child."

She blinked. She cringed. "Eewww..."

I nodded. "And your vocabulary has been expanded."

"I wish I didn't..."

I grinned. "You fault." I then took a breath and sighed through my nostrils as I turned to the sky. "I've been accused of being one when I was just helping a young girl one time who was lost." She was lost in a mall and was crying. I bought her some candy and promised to help her. Unfortunately, those who were watching branded me as a...sigh... Humans are stupidly judgmental that way... It's no wonder that people are rarely helping each other... Well, to be fair, not all humans, but...

"But she doesn't look that young," Vixie said. "I think she's already thirty moons old."

I blinked and turned to her with a confused look. "Moons?"

"Well, that's how we count our age."

"Ah..." Moons... No idea how that works... "And what about me?"

She examines me with critical eyes. "Hm... I think you're also thirty moons old. Or maybe older. So...it's not considered, erm...pedo, if you'll as—"

"Don't," I glared at her, "finish that sentence. Whatever our ages might be in this world, the two of us are still humans, and our human ages will still count. Besides," I waved a paw, "I don't like her that way." And then curiosity struck me. "What about you? How many moon cycles old are you?"

Hm... Moon cycles. Ah, I think I now have a vague idea of how their moon age works. Each month has one full moon, right? Yeah, I think so. Or maybe not all. I dunno. Anyway, maybe they count their age on each full moon? I think I've read something like that back home a long time ago.

"Twenty-seven moons," she replied.

Twenty-seven moons. There are twelve full moons in a year if there's at least one full moon in a month, so... Vixie's 2 years and a few months old. Wonder if it's also like dog years. Seven human years is equivalent to one human year?

Anyway, I nodded. "And if Lithe was any indication, I'd say twenty-seven moons is an acceptable age for having a mate, yes?"

She frowned at me. "I don't want him to be my mate."

I shrugged and turned back to staring at the sky. "I never said that. I don't have one, back home I mean. Even though I'm already at that age as well." I shrugged yet again. "I guess I haven't found that special girl yet." I'm still planning to ask that girl. I just hope time froze back there while I'm here. Wait, no... Krystal was here for some months now, so time didn't stop... Darn it...

"Still, I'm also looking for a mate..." she turned to stare at the sky. "Sometimes, I think he's just somewhere out there..."

Sheesh, and I thought those kinds of lines are only for Disney movies...

"...or...he's somewhere nearby..."

...uh... I turned to her and arched her an eyebrow.

She looked back at me with a very soft smile. "...or...maybe he's just right in front of me..."

... ...

... ... ...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 41
A strange feeling of thin and ticklish hairs on my cheek snapped me back with a quiet chuckle.

"Ah," Fay chirped, who pulled her whiskers back. "You've been floating on clouds for quite a while now," she giggled.

I blinked and suddenly realized that I was still seated on the sofa in Professor Oak's living room. I was by the arm-rest, and Fay was beside me. Beside her was Shock, and beside him was Saur, and beside him was Vixie, and beside her was Krystal, and beside her was Lais, and beside that bird-brain was the Chikorita plus the Surskit bagpack.

And I think we came here to discuss a few things with Bill and Professor Oak, who currently sat on the other sofa in front of ours, a simple table in between, where Bill's laptop and stacks of papers were placed, and some cups of coffee, and two plates of Pokémon brownie-like food.

Aaannnddd...there's a reason why, as Fay put it, I was floating on clouds... Vixie's confession was...uhm...shocking? Surprising? Unexpected?

For all my life, Vixie was the first female who ever confessed their um...feelings to me...or at me? Anyway, yeah, she was the first, human or Pokémon, and I have absolutely no idea how to handle such a situation.

My cheeks suddenly felt hot as I recalled my reply to her when she told me about it.

"Um...okay..." I blinked as I felt my heart started pounding nervously hard, my eyes were deeply locked on hers. "...th-thanks?"

Oh, how her smile faded and that disappointed look she gave me... Goddamnit, that was so freaking embarrassing! How stupid of a reply was that?! Ack! Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupi—

"Are you okay?" Bill asked, and I blinked back, and realized that I was gritting my teeth.

I saw everyone's eyes were on me as well, and I felt my two ears droop. "Uh...y-yeah... Yeah, I'm fine..."

"He said he's fine," Krystal said, who currently was wearing the Pokémon-to-English translating collar. She was still angry at me, if her voice was to be judged. "Just busy thinking of home."

I turned to glare at her, but my eyes instead fell on Vixie, who then took a glimpse at me and smiled. My throat suddenly felt dry, and I found it super-freaking hard to turn my head back.

Ugh... This is really really stupid. Why in blazes am I feeling this way? I mean, com'on! She's a freaking Pokémon! I'm a human! Yeah... Yeah, I'm right... She's a Pokémon, while I'm a human... That won't work. That will never work! And I don't care if there was a human eks Gardevoir watchamacallit. I am NOT into Pokémon! Period! Nope! No siree!

"Are you in love?"

"Ayyyiiieee!!!" I jumped back in surprise, and saw Fay's confused stare. I looked at the others, and their eyes were once again on me.

Fay slowly, slowly had a grin on her lips, and a very mischievous glint on her eyes. "You are, aren't you?"

"No I'm not!" I replied. "That's just stupid and silly!"

"What's stupid and silly?" Oak asked, blinking at me.

My...voice was probably very loud for the collar to translate it.

"Um...nothing?" I gulped.

Krystal rolled her eyes and turned back to the two humans. "Ignore him. He's probably currently hitting puberty."

"Hey!" I said as the two humans chuckled. I was about to add something more when I saw Fay's snout closing in on Shock's curious ears.

"Whoa!" she gasped as I pulled her beside me with her tail.

I grabbed her face with both paws, fixed her gaze on me, and I glared into her very soul.

"Don't," I hissed, ignoring Shock who was asking what was going on. "You. Dare. Spread. Such. Lies."

She just grinned, strangely got off from my grip, and leaned beside my ear. "So who's the lucky girl?" she whispered.

"I told you that I am not in love!" I whispered back, ignoring Saur and Shock, who were giving me strange looks. "Nor am I attracted or magnetized or whatever you wanna call it!"

"Liar," she snickered. "There's Vixie, Krysie, Lais, Chiko, and me."

I groaned as I pushed her away from me. She however, was still talking while in deep thought, her gaze concentrated on the sofa.

"But I don't think you're into birds, so Lais is out..."

This time, Vixie joined in on giving me a strange look. I just chuckled at the trio. "Please ignore her?"

Shock shook his head. "You've been acting very weird ever since Vixie fetched you..." He then turned to her. "What happened?"

Saur turned to her as well as Vixie blinked at Shock.

"Oh, uh," Vixie slowly looked at me, and I glared at her. She just gave me a grin before turning back to Shock, still wearing that grin. "Nothing out of the ordinary."

Shock fixed her a suspicious glare. "You're lying..."

"Oh my gosh!" Fay suddenly shouted and turned to the surprised Pikachu. She pointed a paw at him. "That's it! Jay's in l—mmf!!!"

I jumped on the rat's back and pushed her face against the sofa. She struggled to break free while Saur and Shock wondered if they should stop me.

Krys just sighed. "See? Puberty..."

I wanted to glare at that annoying brat, but once again, my eyes fell on Vixie, who was just smiling at me. I glared at her as I mouthed 'we need to talk.'

She just nodded and returned her attention at the humans. Shock was already pushing me off of Fay as Saur blinked at me, and then back at Vixie, and then back at me, and then a wide smile formed on his lips.

Oh, poop... This is spreading incredibly and annoyingly fast. I tiredly glared at the Bulbasaur and gestured with my paw to zip his lips. He just nodded and returned his attention to the discussing humans.

"Really Jay," Shock rubbed Fay's back as he fixed me a glare. "What was that all about?"

I shrugged. "Just stopping Fay from saying something, which is completely nonsense and could ruin my day..."

"Ah..." Fay turned to me and grinned yet again. "So it's true then."

I looked away.

"Fay," Shock sighed. "Stop pushing his buttons."

"Okay," she chirped happily at Shock, who nodded and turned back. She quickly then turned back to me with a very big grin. "For now..."

"Oh, Joy..." I buried my face against the sofa.

Fay chuckled and leaned her mouth by my ear. "She likes yellow flowers," she whispered, and I mentally blinked. "She doesn't like Rawst Berries. She hates it if you give her stuff she thinks are useless. She used to have a huge crush on Shock. She always wondered how it would feel to lie on her mate's back while he carries her around. She—"

I touched her nose with a paw as I slowly pulled myself into a sitting position. "Shut up, please," I sighed. "Just...shut up." I pulled my paw back and looked away. "I don't like her, okay?" I turned to her. "So, stop. It's...annoying."

Fay nodded with a smile. She then turned and sat beside me. "Yeah, I know." She took a breath and sighed. "Love's confusing, no?"

I hung my head and sighed. "Yeah..." I blinked...and blinked, and blinked. "Wait..."

She giggled and hurriedly walked away before I could hit her head.

"Darn it," I hissed at her retreating form as I lowered my paw.

Fay pushed herself in between Shock and Saur, eliciting an annoyed grumble from the Pikachu as he moved beside me. Fay then walked back and pushed herself in between Saur and Vixie, wherein Saur gladly moved as he turned to me with an apologetic smile. I felt my two ears droop yet again as I sighed and as Fay whispered nonsense to Vixie...

Ugh... I just want to go hooommmeee...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 42
"Vixie," I said as I finally got to her.

She turned and smiled. "Hi."

I kept a flat face. I wanted to tell her how long it took me to find her, and here she was, under a tree in Oak's front lawn, beside the gate. Unfortunately, there were more pressing matters we needed to talk about, and my heart wasn't making things any easier.

I took a deep breath and sighed to calm myself down. It didn't work. "We need to talk."

"I know." It was quick, but I noticed her frown before she quickly replaced it with a smile. "What do we need to talk about?"

"First," I sat in front of her and raised a paw. "Could you please drop the smiling act. It's getting annoying," and making me having a difficult time to be serious at you.

She frowned and sighed. "I heard a lot from females that a smile will always charm our potential mates."

I rolled my eyes as I brought my paw back down. "You're just making yourself look so plastic."

She blinked. "What's plastic?"

"Never mind that," I shook my head and squinted my eyes a bit. The clouds have moved and the golden sunset rays struck my eyes. "Just be yourself if you want to attract someone."

She grinned at me. "I'll keep that in mind."

I rolled my eyes. "And the second thing... Could you please..." My throat suddenly felt dry. Am I going to say it? I never wanted to break hearts. I know what broken hearts felt like. B-but... She should have known better! I'm a human... "Go and find someone else to be your mate..." I lifted a paw to stall her. "...who will be willing to be your mate." I brought it back down, sighed, and looked away. The mountains are golden now... "This won't work. You and I, I mean. You're a Pokémon, while I'm a human..."

"But you're not human yet..."

I turned back to her and gave her a soft glare. "And by the time I'll turn back into human... What then?"

She shut her mouth and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry, Vixie," I sighed. "I'm just saving you from a potential heartbreak in the future. It's better to end a blooming flower now than taking down a full-grown tree..." Wow, I admit, that was deep.

Silence reigned. I sighed.

"I'm a human. Please Vixie, remember that."

She said nothing. She just stared on the ground.

I sighed and stood on all four paws. There, I said it. I turned and started walking away. It's better to leave her alone to think things through. Now, to concentrate on going back home...

If I recall correctly...

I stopped as my heart suddenly felt too freaking heavy. It was heavy, and painful. I sighed and slowly turned my head over my shoulder. There was no sound, but I saw her movements. She was sobbing quietly.

I wanted to comfort her... B-but that would be awkward, wouldn't it?

"I'll take care of it," Saur's soft voice said.

I turned in time to see him walking pass me with an unreadable expression.

"Go inside and stop Fay." His voice was calm, but it felt so commanding.

"Sorry..." I whispered. No idea it reached his retreating form.

I sighed and slowly walked towards the front door of Oak's house. The door was opened slightly, so I poked my head inside and pushed it wide enough for me to enter. Instantly, Shock turned to me from the sofa and gave me an arched eyebrow.

"So...you and Vixie, huh?"

Fay suddenly jumped beside him, giving me a wide toothy grin. Chikorita smiled at me, and Krystal just gave me a blank look.

It took them all a second or two to notice my frown.

"I...take it that things didn't go too well?" the Chikorita finally said, breaking the silence.

Shock jumped down and started walking towards me with a threatening glare. "If you hurt her, I swear to Cresselia's moon, you'll be so—"

"Could you shut up?" I spat, and Shock stopped in surprise as I fixed him a glare. "It was freaking hard to dump her, okay?! It hurt! And I have no idea why!"

"Then why have you—"

"I'm human!" I snarled at him. "She's a Pokémon! And I am a human! It will never work!" I grit my teeth and walked pass him. I continued walking pass the sofa.

"S-sorry..." Krystal said, but I didn't mind her, or anyone, as I turned to a corner and started climbing up the stairs. "H-hey!" she called as I heard her paws landing softly on the carpet. "Wait!"

"Leave me alone," I continued my climb. "I want to be alone for a while."

I heard her started climbing after me. "No! I'm not going to lose someone again!"

I blinked as I reached the last flight of stairs and turned to her with a puzzled look. "W-what?"

Her ears drooped as she stopped climbing. "M-my brother died from a broken heart..." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "L-long story, but please!"

Despite everything, I deadpanned. "Sorry, but I'm not suicidal." I turned. "But sorry about your brother..."

"J-just promise me you'll be okay..."

"Why do you care?" I turned to her and gave her a painful smile. "Earlier today, you wouldn't even care if a meteorite fell on me."

She glared at me. "Fine. Go and lock yourself in a room for all I care!"

I sighed as she carefully started climbing back down. I lost my sense of direction, so I randomly picked a room and pushed open the door. I suddenly found myself in a small room. The Ledyba from earlier was peacefully napping on a bed.

I quietly walked through the room and went out of the small balcony. Big mistake. I saw the tree...the gate...and my four friends...

I quietly lied on my belly as I stared at them who were trying to comfort her. Chikorita and Krys suddenly appeared from the edge of the balcony and were slowly walking towards my friends.

I quietly sighed. What's wrong with me? I thought that I'm not into furries...that I'm not into Pokémon. I had a few dates before, and lots of breakups... Why is this one so freaking different, and painful?

...is it because that this is the first time that a girl was the one who made the first move? Mmmaybe, but that sounded kinda shallow...

...is it because I've been wanting to love someone, but never actually lucky enough until now? Gah, now that just sounded stupid...

...or is it because...she was the first girl who I felt was so true and sincere about her feelings...for me...

B-but...she's a Pokémon... Yeah, sure, I'm a Pokémon right now but, what if I'll finally be able to return home as a human being again?

I know it's sad, and I know it freaking hurts, but I also know that I did the right thing. It's useless to make her feelings bloom. And I also need to stop worrying about her. She's just a Pokémon. She's just a Pokémon...

...now that I think about it...it's kinda surprising that she didn't beat me up to a pulp... I mean, she can do that to me if she wanted to...b-but...

...um... I just noticed that Vixie was staring at me. I blinked to clear my blurry vision, and finally noticed her eyes. She had very determined eyes. She had a very determined frown. And after she knew I was now staring at her, she gave me a very determined smile.

...she's giving me a determined and a very persistent smile.

...suddenly, jumping off this balcony sounds like a very very wonderful idea...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 43
"This is so degrading..." Krystal sighed as she slowly started eating her bowl of meatballs.

We were having our dinner in the living room, and ever since we started, I was annoyingly pushing my bowl away from Vixie, who kept on pushing hers close to me. At least Fay, Saur and Chiko found it funny to watch.

Shock however... "Could you two quit it?" he hissed and glared at us.

I glared back. "If you're so angry with her chasing after me, then you shouldn't have dumped her!" And there she was again. "And get away from me!"

She chuckles and finally sat down. "Fine, I'm getting hungry now, anyway." She then grinned at me. "But afterwards..." she trailed off.

I gritted my teeth and pushed my bowl with my nose and settled down beside Krystal. "You wouldn't mind, right?"

She just sighed. "How are you accepting that we're no longer eating with our hands?"

I shrugged as I ate. "Dunno," I replied with a half-full mouth. "Hunger does wonders."

She puffed and grunted. "Ugh... I can't believe you..."

"Why?" I grinned. "If you're staying here forever as an Espeon, then you should start getting used to it. Besides," I shrugged. "You've been here longer than I have. Why haven't you gotten used to it yet?"

She glared at me, and I chuckled. I was about to continue eating, but I noticed Vixie from afar, fixing me a glare. Hm... I turned to Krystal. Hm...

I sighed. Vixie may be annoying, but I won't go all pedo-mode just to push her away...

"I think your girlfriend's getting jealous of me being near you," Krys commented, adding an evil grin to it. "Pedo."

My eye twitched. I pushed my bowl away from her chuckling form and settled down in between Saur and Shock.

"Seriously," Shock grunted. "Get a den already."

"Someone's jealous," I grinned, receiving a glare from him. "You know that I can still give her to you, right?" and I resumed eating.

His eye twitched. "Vixie is not an item you can just pass to someone else!"

"She will be if she keeps on bothering me," I said simply. I was about to eat the last of my meatball when Shock rudely grabbed my collar-fur thingy and forced me to look into his angry eyes.

"You will not treat her that way," he hissed. "I won't let you!"

I deadpanned and was about to reply when Saur spoke.

"Let him go, Shock."

Shock's eye twitched, and reluctantly lets me go.

"You know he doesn't mean it."

I blinked and turned to the Bulbasaur. The heck? Of course I meant what I said.

"It's just annoying to hear," Shock sighed.

"Now listen here," I said to the still-eating Bulbasaur. Oh, he's eating some crispy leaves, by the way. "I don't love Vixie, ya hear?"

"Oh?" I heard Shock spoke. "I wonder what was that 'I'm hurt, but I don't know why' you said earlier."

My eye twitched and was about to glare at him when Mr Mime came in and started levitating our bowls away. Huh, isn't he an evolved form as well, or does he have the same case as Shock? Anyway, I immediately bit the last meatball before it flew away from me.

Bill suddenly walked beside the maid-mon and clapped his hands. "Okay everyone. Light's out in ten. We need to sleep early so we can leave early tomorrow."

I blinked at his retreating form. "We're going somewhere?"

Shock sighed. "Sheesh... You and Vixie need to pay more attention during meetings."

"Well, he was lovesick at the time," Fay chirped, making Shock grin. "So it's understandable."

"I hate you all," I mumbled. I shook my head and turned to my more sensible friend. "Where are we going?"

Saur blinked at me. "I thought Vixie said you're not coming with us?" And then he smiled at Fay and Shock, who were behind me.

"Well, duh," Fay chirped, and I am no longer liking where this is going. "He's coming with, since Vixie's his mate now! If she's coming, then so will he!"

I gritted my teeth. "You three are so...gah!" I was about to storm off when I noticed Vixie in front of me. "Oh, uh, hi?"

She smiled. "You're coming with us, right?"

"I guess so." Wait... What the f*ck, mouth?! "I mean, n—mmfff!" a vine shut me up.

Fay giggled. "See? Told you he'll come with!"

"Ow," Saur winced when I poked his vine with a nail.

"I'm staying here!" I glared at Saur. "And you can't make me come with you guys!"

Vixie suddenly brushed herself beside me, sending electric jolts to my spine. "I guess I'll stay here as well."

I quickly jumped beside Saur and wrapped a paw behind his neck. "We should all get some sleep! Yep! Need to rise up early to wherever we're going, right?!" I hate the world right now... "Right! So goodnight everyone! I'm sleeping with Saur tonight!"

Saur just blinked.

Krystal shook her head in disappointment. "Pedo and gay..."

"Shut up, you," I glared at her. I then took a breath and sighed as I pulled my paw back. "But seriously though. Where are we going?"

"Green Forest," Shock said as the Ledyba flew by and switched off the lights. She greeted us good night and flew away. "Remember what that Nidoran said?"

I blinked. "We met a Nidoran before?"

Despite the darkness, I could still see Shock's deadpanned expression. "Yes."

"Wow," Fay chirped, who lied down beside Vixie. "He's head has been on clouds for far too long."

"Har har..." I deadpanned.

"Anyway," Shock continued, "we're going to Green Forest to see what the gathering was all about. Even if the gathering is already over, we can still ask a few Pokémon there some details."

"Okay..." I nodded. "But how will Bill fit into this quest of ours?"

"He'll drive us there," Krystal said, who was trying to get comfortable in between Vixie and Chiko. "You really haven't paid any attention at all, huh?"

"Lovesick~" Fay quietly sang, and then yawned.

Oh yeah, Yawn's a known Pokémon move, so it's no wonder everyone else yawned as well, including myself.

"Suddenly, I feel so sleepy..." I whispered, making Saur chuckle. "Good night, everyone."

After a series of 'good nights', everyone became quiet and went to sleep.

My ears twitched when I heard Vixie's soft voice. "Night, Jay."

I took a breath and sighed through my nostrils as Fay quietly giggled.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 44
"She's a heavy sleeper, no?" I chuckled as Bill carried Krystal's sleeping form from the living room to his white pick-up truck.

Chikorita and Surskit, who was still glued on the grass starter's back for reasons unknown, chuckled in embarrassment.

"Yeah," Chiko nodded. "She's worse than a rock when she's asleep."

Bill then carefully placed her on the carpeted surface of his truck, where the rest of us were currently waiting. Aside from us Pokémon back here, there were also three wooden crates, filled with papers and some random machinery-thingies of his. Lais stood on top of a crate though, also asleep.

"Hurry up, professor!" Bill shouted after he turned back to the house.

"In a moment!" came Oak's reply from the second floor. "Waaahhh!" and then crashing noises.

I winced before I turned to Chikorita. "So, what gives?"

She blinked at me. "Pardon?"

"I mean," I gestured her back with a paw. "What's up with you cosplaying as a Bulbasaur?"

She frowned. "You humans certainly have a lot of weird words, huh?"

Ouch?

"But I think I understand your question." She slightly raised her head up with a smile, enough to tilt her long leaf and pet Surskit on his head. "We're best friends." They then stopped and smiled at me. "More than friends, but..." she flashed me a sad smile. "But still, its how we feel for each other's important."

"Uh...huh..." I nodded with a lame smile. "Too romantic and cheesy for my taste..."

Chiko frowned while the Surskit chuckled. "Get's one to know one," he said.

I blinked, and was about to ask what he meant when I suddenly heard Vixie's giggles from behind. I shot the couple a glare. "Har har..." I then turned around, and glared at Shock.

He quickly hid his grin. "What did I do this time?"

"It's not fair!" I shouted as Oak came out from his house, assisted by Mr Mime and Ledyba, who were carrying a few of his things. "Why does she keep on pestering me after I said no, while you got an easier way out?"

"Did he?" Vixie grinned, turning to the glaring Pikachu.

"Don't remind me," he hissed at her before turning to me. "Been there, gladly to be done with it." He then grinned. "My turn to enjoy the show."

"I think Vixie's just going easy on you," Fay nodded.

"She's just warming up," Saur smiled, Fay and Shock chuckling afterwards.

Mr Mime and Ledyba placed a few of Oak's items beside the crates as the professor took a seat on the passenger's seat.

I closed my eyes as I moaned in frustration. "I can't believe this..."

"Jay, was it?" Oak asked, who poked his head out and was looking at me. I nodded, and he smiled. "Well, don't you worry. I promise that we'll help you out."

"Yeah, sure," I sighed. "Whatever..."

He just nodded with a smile, completely oblivious of my reply. Bill took the driver's seat and started the engine as Oak spoke to Mr Mime and Ledyba.

"Seriously, Vixie," I turned to her smiling face as the truck slowly began moving down the hill. "Can't you just treat me as a friend? I WILL turn back into human sooner or later."

"Yeah," she nodded. "I know. So what?"

I blinked... "W-what?"

"So what if you turn back into human?"

I deadpanned. "You do realize that what you've just said is incredibly stupid, right?"

She frowned.

"What you're telling me is bestiality, and I am in no way into that kind of...thing."

"Another strange word again," the Chikorita behind me sighed.

"It means humans and anim—" and I almost bit my tongue. "—Pokémon having s...you get the idea."

"So?" Vixie asked, but my attention was to Shock, who was slowly turning green.

"That's disgusting, Vixie!" Shock snapped, turning to her. "Sorry, but I'm with Jay on this one!" He glared at her. "It sounds absolutely, ridiculously, stupid!"

She glared back at him. "You can't decide how I live my life, Shock."

"Vixie," I quickly said, cutting Shock off. "Are you really, really, REALLY, that desperate in finding a mate?"

She turned to me, opened her mouth to reply, yet no words came out. I stared at her eyes, ignored how fast my heart suddenly felt, and saw a conflict there.

"Besides," I softly said, "it's not like I'm the last male you'll ever meet anyway." I looked up and stared at the thin whispy clouds in the still-waking sky. "The world is a big place, Vixie. There are still other male Eevees, and Vulpixes out there." I shrugged as I looked back to her. "Or are you maybe in heat?"

She blinked and blushed furiously. "W-what? No!"

I grinned as Fay quickly turned her head to the Vulpix, while Saur chuckled and Shock laughed.

A voice from behind me didn't sound so very amused, unfortunately. "Being in heat isn't something we should laugh at, you know."

I turned and saw Chikorita's frown. I almost forgot she was even there.

"She doesn't smell in heat," Fay said.

"Sorry," I said to the Chikorita. "I'm a human, so if talking about it offends you," I turned to Vixie with an apologetic smile, "then I wanna say sorry. I didn't mean to."

I'm also quite glad that it's a bit easier to look at her, even though she has this whole crush-thing on me at the moment.

Vixie quietly stared on the ground, and after a few more seconds, she quietly sighed and turned, and moved closer to the crates.

Sigh... There she goes again.

"I'll handle it," Saur said, who was about to turn when Shock grabbed his bulb.

"No. Let's—"

"I'll do it!" Fay chirped, but Shock grabbed her tail with his other paw. "Um... Shocky? You need to let go of my tail if I want to go with Vixie over there."

"I told you not to call me that," Shock grunted. "And no." He lets go and turned to me. "You break something, you fix it."

I blinked at him. "Why would I if others are willing to do it?"

He glared at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, fine... Sheesh..." I stood on all four and slowly made my way to Vixie, who's back was on me. I wobbled a bit when the truck ran on some log or something, but after that, I got to her no problems at all. I internally sighed as I sat a foot or two away from her. "Vixie..." and I have no idea what to say? Well, I did offend her, I think? "I wanna say sorry for...um...insulting you, or offending you...or whatever I did that made you angry or sad or whatever it is your feeling right now."

I heard a paw to face behind me. I almost chuckled at that sound alone.

The Vulpix inhaled, and quietly exhaled. "I suck at this..."

I blinked. "Suck at what, exactly?"

She slightly raised her head, staring at the white wall of the truck. "T-this..." She sighed. "I tried to smile all the time, but it didn't work. Then I tried your suggestion of just being myself, but it's still not working."

Ah... "You don't exactly suck at it though."

Nothing.

"But...maybe you're looking at this the wrong way?"

And finally, she turned to me, fixing me a confused look.

I shrugged. "I mean, hey," I smiled, "for a relationship to work, the two must like each other on the same level, right? That's basic knowledge, for humans, I mean."

She blinked. She closed her eyes, turned to the crate, and bumped her head.

I arched an eyebrow.

"Of course..." she mumbled. "I'm such a dummy..."

Uh huh... Go on...

"I keep forgetting that our ways and human ways aren't always the same."

Uh huh... "I don't get it."

She pulled away from the crate and flashed me a frown. "Well, honestly, I um..." she looked on the ground. "What I was um...doing was um..." She took a breath and sighed. "Let's just say that in finding a mate, what I was doing was the cheapest and lowest of ways to get one as a female." She looked up at me with a frown. "And it really hurt my pride but, I like you, I really do, so um..." she looked away, blushing a bit. "...yeah..."

I let out a slow whistle. And I'm actually surprised I could whistle. Yey? Hey, I should cherish the small discoveries as well. Anyway...

She once again took a breath and sighed. "And...now you know."

Despite everything, I smiled, stood up, sat beside her, and wrapped a paw behind her neck. "Why don't we start small and see where that'll lead us." Oh wait... "But you do realize that I'll still want to turn back into a human, right?"

"Y-y-ye..." Wow, she was stammering way too hard.

I chuckled as I let her go. "Like I said though, I just want to avoid hurting you in the future." I shrugged. "But uh... I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and see where it'll lead us."

Am I actually going with this? Really?! But the poor gal's been crushing her poor pride and heart just 'cause she likes me. Might as well give her what she wants until her little crush on me dies down, right? But what if it wont? What if it'll grow and grow, like how her smile was growing wider?

"Oh, just f*ck already!" Krys yelled from behind.

My eye twitched as I turned and shot her a glare. "Way to ruin the moment, Krys. And goor morning to you, too."

I suddenly felt another set of fur brushing on my side until I felt a head nuzzling my neck. I shivered as electric jolts shot up to my spine and made my heart beat sky high. I quickly pushed Vixie away with a paw as I nervously smiled at her confused frown.

"Start small, 'member?" Ugh... I hope I won't regret this...

"Seriously," Krystal groaned. "Just f—"

"Missy," I hissed as I glared at her. "When we get back home, I am SOOOO telling your parents!"

She gasped. She glared. "You wouldn't dare!"

I grinned. "Try me."

She glared some more.

The others looked at each other and shrugged.

"Probably a human thing," Shock said.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 45
"Who knew that there are drive-thru's in this world!" I said as the female employee gave the food to Bill through the opened service window.

We were already in Viridian City, and the city just woke up, since the sun just completely risen up from the horizon a couple of minutes ago. I turned and ran to the other side as Saur and the Chikorita grabbed the Pokéfood from the woman with their vines. I climbed up and stared at the other parts of the city.

"I wonder who's running this city's gym..." I whispered to myself as Vixie climbed beside me, and started looking around as well.

"Oi, lovebirds!" Krys called from behind. "You eating or not?"

I huffed and dropped myself back down, Vixie following along. I still think I'm going to regret letting Vixie being all lovey-dovey around me though.

"I'm starting to reconsider getting captured if I get to eat these kinds of food everyday," Shock said as he ate.

"You and me both," Fay chirped as Vixie and I joined in.

I didn't even realized that the truck was moving when I noticed that Bill parked in a parking area by a tree. They were probably going to eat as well.

"Ah, yes," Lais smiled. "Humans may be very weak and fragile, but mostly weak."

Krys and I gave the bird a glare.

"But they taste good when cooked!"

I almost choked, but Krys wasn't lucky enough.

Lais blinked. "Wait. I think I said that wrong."

"Ya think?!" Krys hissed, her eyes a bit tearful.

The Murkrow just shrugged and resumed eating.

"It may be delicious," Saur nodded as he calmly chewed. "But we're not supposed to always eat these kinds of food."

"They're not healthy," Chiko added. Damn, I need to know their names once again... "But no harm in eating them from time to time, right?"

"I wouldn't mind eating this stuff all the time," Shock said.

I smiled at his direction. "Then you'd get fat and can no longer run fast."

He gave me an arched eyebrow. "Oh? You're just pulling my tail."

Fay giggled. "Chubby Shocky."

He shot her a glare. "I am not chubby! And stop calling me that!"

Fay giggled again. "Well, Saury Shocky."

Shock groaned as Saur and Fay chuckled.

"Good one," the Bulbasaur said.

Vixie and I chuckled along.

"Jay," Krystal called, and I blinked at her. She pointed at Vixie, who was beside me, and she then pointed at the Pokémon food, and then she pointed at her opened mouth.

I glared at her.

She rolled her eyes and pointed at Vixie again.

I turned.

Vixie stopped eating and blinked at me.

I turned back to Krystal with a glare.

Krys slowly put a block-like Pokéfood into her mouth.

I glared at her some more.

Krys closed her eyes and sighed. "You're hopeless..." she whispered as she chewed. She then opened her eyes and gestured with her pupils.

I followed the direction and saw Chikorita using her vines to grab a few Pokéfood and feed her Surskit buddy.

I looked back to Krys, and instead to glare, I arched an eyebrow when I saw that she was pouting her bottom-lip.

I gritted my teeth behind my closed mouth as I turned to my other friends. Shock, Fay and Saur were busy chatting among themselves. I turned again. Chikorita and Surskit were in their own world at the moment. I turned to Lais and...who is she talking to? I turned to Krys, her pouty lip was still present.

I sighed and grabbed a block of food with a paw. I turned and stared at Vixie, quietly enjoying the meal. When she noticed that I was looking at her again, she stopped and raised her head to look at me curiously.

"Hm?" she asked.

I shot a quick glare at Krys' direction before I lamely smiled at the Vulpix. I slowly moved the paw with the block so she could notice it.

"Er...want some?"

She blinked at my offering. "Why?" She looked back at our meals. "There's plenty to go around."

...I turned, feeling a bit disappointed and relieved at the same time, and my eyes were on time to see Krys slapped her forehead with a paw.

"Not sure who's hopeless here..." she groaned as she slid her paw from forehead to chin.

"It's Vixie's first time," Saur suddenly said. I turned to him, and saw that he was no longer with Shock and Fay's chat circle. Worse, Saur was proudly smiling at me. "Give her time."

"What are you two talking about?" Vixie asked.

I groaned as I placed a paw behind the Vulpix's head and pushed her back to her meal. "Go back to eating," I said as Krys shook her head in disapproval and Saur chuckled.

The food was gone after a couple of minutes, and soon, the truck went back to life and started moving again. Lais squawked and flew on top on a crate once again, and fell asleep.

The others kinda grouped themselves into their conversation buddies. Saur and Chikorita plus Surskit, Fay and Shock, and finally, Krys and Vixie.

Saur said something, and the Chikorita just nodded. Fay probably asked something, since Shock looked like he was giving a long explanation about something, complete with paw gestures. Krys was talking to Vixie, while holding a block of food with a paw, and sometimes gesturing at it.

Since everyone seemed busy, I decided to simply watch the scenery. The truck stopped when the traffic light turned red. If it weren't for the fact of how clean this place was, this city wouldn't be any different from the city where I work.

I felt something poking my hind paw. I looked down and saw Vixie staring up at me. Wondering what she wanted, I jumped back down and faced her. And I just now noticed a block of Pokéfood on her mouth.

...and if I'm judging the slight blush on her cheeks, I already do not like where this is going.

She slowly grabbed the block with a paw as her gaze shifted from my eyes to my nose and vice versa. "Would you...like some?"

I just took a breath and sighed through my nostrils. Although it felt kinda late, it still was kinda nice of her to offer, and uh, sweet? But yeah, the fact that it's late...well...

I just flashed her an apologetic smile. "Maybe next time. I'm full now since," I shrugged, "ya know...we just finished eating?"

Her ears drooped, but she smiled in embarrassment. "Oh, right..."

I faintly heard another paw to face behind me, followed by a quiet groan.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 46
Bill parked the truck outside Viridian Forest, a few kilometers away from where trainers usually enter or exit the said forest.

In the games, there was a building that separated the forest from the route. At least in the first gen. and the remakes of the first gen. games.

Anyway, yeah, we were up on a hill-like parts just outside the lines of trees. Oak sent out an Abra and helped him set up some research camp thingy, while Bill was making some final adjustments with the collar translator thing with Krystal.

Shock was quietly staring at Viridian Forest though.

"Hey," I said as I sat beside him, Vixie following behind.

Shock's ears drooped as he sighed. "What do you want?"

I arched an eyebrow. "Stingy much?"

Vixie chuckled. "He's like that when we disturb his moments of deep thought."

Eh, well, I'm like that, at work most of the time. It's kinda irritating to be disturbed if we're concentrating and having a lot on our minds, trying to solve a stupid problem on a broken webpage.

Aaannnyyywwwaaayyy...

"Sorry," I whispered to Shock.

He sighed again and rubbed both his cheeks. "Nah, forget it." He then took a breath as he turned to us. "So, we're ready to go?"

"Hm..."

I turned back and saw Bill was busy with his laptop while Krystal sat on the table a few inches in front of the laptop. Bill said something, and Krystal appeared to be talking. I faintly heard English words coming out from the laptop though, and I think that was a video player, currently showing Bill's face, slightly covered by his laptop. The collar has a built-in camera now?

I turned back to Shock and slightly shook my head. "Nope."

Shock frowned, then turned to Vixie. "So, how are things between you two?"

I shrugged as Vixie replied. "Boring."

Ouch. I glared at her. "Well, excuse me if I want to take things slow."

Vixie sighed. "Human ways of mating is slow and boring."

Mating also means...

Shock just chuckled. "What? You're giving up already? Quite unfair on my part, don't you think?"

Vixie just rolled her eyes and then turned to me. "Why am I falling for complicated males..."

I shrugged. "You could have just accepted Lithe's o..."

I swear, Shock's and Vixie's glares almost vaporized my soul...

I gulped... "...eh...heheh... S-sorry?"

Our ears twitched as a loud clap was heard in the air. We turned and saw Bill addressing to us.

"Jay," he said. Or, he was just addressing to me. "Come here for a sec."

I gladly ran towards him, but I felt humiliated as he suddenly and easily carried me on the table. I gave him a glare, but he didn't notice as he busied himself again with the collar.

Krys snickered. "You'll get used to it."

I sighed. "I sure hope not. It felt like seventy-five percent of my adultness just went down the drain..."

"Well, does that mean I'm the older sibling now?"

"Don't get your hopes up, sister." We're not even related by blood to begin with.

"There," Bill suddenly said and put the collar on my neck. "In case the other one glitches up or something."

I blinked. Eh? I turned to Krys, and yeah, there's a black collar around her neck. I tried to loosen my collar a bit though.

"It's kinda tight..." I said.

Bill heard what I said from his laptop and made the collar a bit more comfortable. "Sorry about that," he said. He then took a small black circle and inserted it inside my ear.

"An earphone?" I asked.

"Wireless," Bill said with a proud smile as he lets me go. "That way, we can stay in touch with each other."

I stared at him. "Won't these be more suitable for legendaries?"

He frowned as he shook his head.

"A fine question, lad," Oak's voice was heard from the tent. "Unfortunately, the legendaries seem to be quite busy to stop and talk with us humans."

"So we're using whatever we can get to gather information if the legendaries aren't going to help or cooperate," Bill said.

"So..." I pointed at myself. "We're your data collectors now?" He frowned as I shook my head. "I didn't sign up for this." I glared at him. "I don't really care what you guys agreed from that meeting, but my only goal is to go back home."

"Uh huh," Bill nodded. "How are you going to do that?"

"By..."

...Palkia?

Bill nodded with a soft smile. "Exactly. There might be a chance that what caused your arrival is linked to what disables Pokémon from evolving."

I still find it hard to believe how accepting Bill and Oak was to me and my claims of being a human. I guess Krystal has done quite a lot of convincing before I arrived.

Also, linked? Hm... In Krystal's case, since she was here for two months now, I think. And it's been two months since the devolution process... Her being here might be linked, but me? No idea...

I sighed and adjusted the earphone on my ear. "Fine, fine. Just make sure not to blast me with your voice."

Krys nodded. "Oh yeah, mine as well." She suddenly became conscious of her ear. "I don't like loud noises."

"Eh," I shrugged. "It's you who'll be making loud noises when the time comes."

Both of them blushed as I chuckled. Kinda weird that I'm making green jokes, while I don't want to hear green stuff from Fay. Eh, I guess I'm weird like that. Oh well.

While Bill made some adjustments with his laptop, Krystal fixed me a glare, but her blushing cheeks lightened her glare's weight.

"I hate you," she hisses.

"Testing, testing," Bill said through a thin microphone. He was looking at us, and Krystal and I just nodded at him.

"Yeah," I said. "Volume's okay. Anything else?"

"Yeah," Bill nodded. "Be careful."

I rolled my eyes and jumped down from the table. "It's Viridian Forest. What's the worse it could throw at us?"

"Beedrills live there," Bill replied as he sets Krystal down beside me. "They're quite dangerous, especially if they'll swarm."

I nodded. "Yeah, thanks for the heads up about a devolved swarm of Beedrills." I lamely stared at his sheepish smile. "Seriously, give us something here."

"Other than the Pidgeots and the Beedrills," Shock said as he and the others approached us. "There's nothing else to worry in the forest."

Saur nodded. "But since they 'devolved', they're not much of a threat, if we keep a cool head and work together."

I blinked. I turned to Krystal. She blinked at me. I nervously smiled at her. "Working together?"

Her eye twitched. "With you? No way!"

"Ah...young love," Lais sighed, who was on the table, staring dreamily at the sky.

"Why do I feel like you've already said that same line before?" I glared at her. She ignored me though.

"Anyway," Bill said. "Professor Oak and I will be out here, monitoring your progress. If trouble comes up, and you couldn't handle it, let me know and we'll send our Abras to fetch you."

I blinked at him. "You have an Abra?"

"What's an Abra?" Fay asked.

Bill nodded. "Your collars have special stones that our Abras can detect. But they can only teleport you back one at the time, since," he frowned, "they're Abras. They're not as strong as they used to be when they were Alakazams."

"I still hate how lazy their names were made," Krystal frowned. "Abra, Kadabra, and then Alakazam? Talk about childish cartoon magic."

"Oi," I said, a bit offended. "Old cartoons back in the days were the best. The new Tom and Jerry show felt so boring and...bleah. It didn't have the old Tom and Jerry feel to it."

She frowned at me. "Because it's for the new generation of kids. Not for old pedos like you."

My eye twitched. "You teenagers are really...you know what? We've derailed the discussion."

"Indeed you have," the Chikorita nodded with a sigh as Fay chuckled.

Bill blinked. "Oookay... You guys need to focus though. Now, just a small recap of what we've talked about before. The gathering of Pokémon held in Viridian Forest—"

I heard Shock mumbled something, but I failed to catch what it was.

"—might have some info that we need. Of course, it probably ended but, there's a chance that Pokémon living in the forest might know what it was about."

"Go inside," I said. "Ask about the gathering. Survive. Sounds simple enough."

Bill frowned. "It's not really that simple. You should—"

"You worry too much," I glared at him. I then turned to my friends. A question suddenly popped in my head, about Bill not joining us, but eh, he and Oak might scare the Pokémon away... "Let's get this over with. Who knows," I shrugged and turned to Shock with a sly smile. "We might find Shock a mate there."

Shock glared at me, but his ears drooped. "Funny. Hahah..."

I tilted my head to the side. "Shock. Something wrong?"

He shook his head and turned, and marched towards the forest. "Just like what you said: let's get this over with."

I blinked and turned to the others. Even Krystal, Chikorita and Surskit arched an eyebrow at the retreating Pikachu.

I turned to Vixie. "Is there something I should know about?"

Vixie just gave me a confused blink. "If you're talking about Shock, then no," she shook her head. "No clue..."

I turned to Saur. "Saur?"

Saur just shrugged. "He'll tell you when he wants to."

I deadpanned. "I hate you too, by the way."

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 47
Krystal and I agreed to split into two groups: my friends and I, and her friends and herself. That way, we could cover more ground, and it'll make her be away for a while to stop giving Vixie some advice.

The usual, I stayed behind our small group. The unusual, Vixie walked beside me. It was a bit annoying at first, but the feeling of annoyance immediately disappeared when Vixie and I noticed Shock was in the middle of our group, Saur and Fay leading on the front. It was strange, since Shock was always the one leading our little group. What was worrying was that his ears were drooped.

Vixie and I shared a troubled and worried look. Strange that we could almost communicate just by making eye contact.

'What's up with Shock?'

'No clue... And I'm worried about him.'

'Yeah, same here...'

'Should we ask him?'

I shrugged. 'He'll just tell us that he's fine.'

Vixie sighed. 'You're right...'

We then looked ahead, and turned left after Fay and Saur spotted a bunch of Weedles by a stream.

"Hi!" Fay chirped as we arrived.

The Weedles, all four of them, turned and immediately sprayed sticky strings at us. I yelped and turned, but I slipped and couldn't move. I heard sparks and fire, and painful yelps soon followed, and then splashes of water.

"You okay?" Vixie asked with a worried frown as she leaned her head too close to mine, our noses almost touching.

"Yeah," I said as I heard Saur and Shock helping Fay out from the webs. "Can't move, though..." I tried to move, but I found my paws locked on my sides.

Vixie grinned at me. "I could keep you like this forever."

I glared at her.

"Is it just me," Bill's voice echoed comfortably on my ear from the earphones. "Or does that Vulpix like you?"

"Bill said hi," I groaned as Vixie used her nails to cut the strings around me.

"That sure is helpful," Shock groaned as I shook myself.

I turned and blinked as I noticed the absence of the worms. "Where are those creeps?"

"Fled," Saur said. "They jumped to the water."

"It's common for wild Pokémon to attack humans," Bill's voice made me lose my attention on my friends who were currently discussing the next course of action. "But it's weird for them to attack other Pokémon."

"Survival of the fittest, I guess," I shrugged. I accidentally caught my friends' attentions, and I smiled back at them. "Sorry. Was talking to Bill." I then touched my collar.

"Ah," Shock said. "Forgot about that thing on you..."

"What a bunch of meanie Weedles!" Fay kicked the grassy ground with an angry pout.

Saur just patted her shoulder with a paw as Vixie and Shock turned to me.

We then heard flapping noises from above. We looked up and saw two Pidgeys about to fly by.

"Oh!" Fay chirped, waving both front paws at them as she sat on her bum. "Hey! Hey!"

The Pidgeys were about to fly by, but one of them hovered on a spot and looked at us.

"We're friendly," Vixie shouted. "We just want to ask some questions!"

The Pidgey hovered in the air, probably thinking things through. The bird sighed and slowly landed on the other side of the stream.

"If this is a trick," the Pidgey glared at us, his voice sounded young. "I swear, I'm going to—"

"Look," Shock interrupted. "We just want to know about the gathering."

The Pidgey's angry features disappeared as he blinked.

"We're kinda late, so we're hoping to know what it was about."

"The gathering?" the bird blinked again. His brows then furrowed as he glared at us. "Are you trying to trick me or something?"

Shock and I groaned.

"Just," I said slowly, "go away if you don't know anything about it."

"Thanks for wasting my time then!" the Pidgey shouted as he extended his wings, but he yelped and immediately fled when Shock fired a thin bolt of electricity at him.

"I didn't know Pokémon could be so mean," Bill's voice echoed in my ear. "What an eye-opener."

"An update of Krys' group would be more useful, Bill, rather than your obvious observations," I deadpanned as I stared on the stream, my friends turning to me.

"Oh, right, right," Bill said, and I could almost hear his sheepish smile. "I'll get back to you." And then I heard a soft clicking sound from the earphone.

"So?" Shock asked. "Anything?"

I shrugged. "Bill's still asking her."

"I see," the Pikachu replied simply, looking around. "Didn't know the Pokémon living here could be so..." he trailed off.

Vixie and I shared a confused look before turning back to him.

"But..." I said, "don't you live here?"

Shock shook his head. "Green Forest is a big place, you know."

"Ah," was my only reply.

"I don't live on these parts of the forest." He turned and headed north, walking close to the stream.

The others and I followed him, this time, Shock was leading the way, Fay and Saur in the middle, and Vixie and I following behind.

"Jay?" Vixie whispered.

"Hm?"

"Can we walk together?"

I gave her a deadpanned look. "We already are."

"Yep," Bill's voice echoed on my ear. "She likes you."

I ignored him as Vixie chuckled. "I know but..." She suddenly closed the gap between us, and I could actually feel her fur against mine, sending shivering jolts to my spine. "I mean...like this." She sighed softly and leaned her head on my neck.

"Confirmed," I heard Bill smirked.

I kinda can't picture how awkward the two of us would look like this while walking. And her weight was making me turn to the side, so I had no choice but to apply some force back to balance things out.

"Bill," I said, my eye twitched slightly, "shut up. An update, please?"

"Kinda weird how Jay's talking to himself all the time, huh?" Fay chuckled.

While Bill was talking, Saur turned his head and blinked at the two of us, and then smirked. "Someone's enjoying some sweet time."

I glared at him. "If you're jealous, go get a mate of your own."

"Does that mean Vixie's your mate now?" Shock turned with a teasing grin.

Vixie suddenly purred as she slowly rubbed her head on my neck and cheeks, making me blush.

I took a calm breath and sighed. "Bill said that Krys' group found a lead. They're on their way to the said location to confirm."

Saur and Shock stopped and turned to fully look at me.

"I thought we're suppose to only ask about what was talked about?" Vixie asked, thankfully returning my personal space.

"Yah," Fay nodded. "Unless Krysie's group asked someone who just heard about it, but never actually attended."

Shock and Saur stared at the smiling Rattata, while I just blinked at her.

"Um... Bill said yes," I slowly nodded. "And yes, Bill. She's as weird as hell."

We suddenly heard faint noises from the lines of trees. We slowly followed the sound. As we got closer, the sound got louder and more detailed. There was a fight, and there was a voice.

"Use Ember!" a young male's voice said.

"Right," another voice, much younger, replied, and was followed by sounds of fire.

There was a screech of pain, and as my friends and I took a peak behind the line of bushes, we saw a young human trainer throwing a Pokéball at a beaten and burned Spearow.

The Spearow glowed red as the Pokéball hit it and floated in the air, and then the red-glowing Spearow was absorbed by the Pokéball.

I shivered involuntarily as the memories of what it felt like being inside one came back to me.

"Oh my gosh, an Eevee!" a young feminine voice shouted excitedly from behind us.

I yelped and turned to see a young teenaged girl staring at us with star-sparkling eyes.

"Zap her!" I yelped.

"On it," Shock said, his cheeks sparked.

A torrent of water struck him, pushing him hard on a tree and knocking the air out of his lungs.

"Shock!" We shouted in unison.

"Bubbles!" the girl exclaimed. "You missed! How could you miss?!"

I turned and saw the Squirtle scratching his head as he looked at his angry trainer. "So you wanted to get zapped instead?"

"Whoa! You're right!" I gasped and turned my head up, and my vision was filled with a smiling teenaged boy. W-weren't these the trainers we saw back in Route 1? "This Eevee's mi—" He blinked, and suddenly, his eyes rolled back and he fell beside me, snoring.

Um...what just happened?

"What did you do?!" a Charmander leaped out from the sleeping boy, his claws glowed white.

"Eek!" the teenaged girl shrieked. "That Bulbasaur's using sleep powder!"

Vixie and I jumped back before the Charmander's claws could hit us. The earth shook slightly, and Fay came out from the ground underneath the yelping Charmander, pushing him up in the air. Her tail glowed and she turned while in mid-air, slapping her tail on the Charmander's cheeks, and throwing him towards the yelping Squirtle.

"Eep!" the young female trainer pulled out a Pokéball and threw it in the air. "Hearts! Help me!"

A blob of energy came out from the opened Pokéball, and it materialized on the ground, into a female Nidoran. She looked ready to battle, but she then blinked and dropped her stance.

"H-hey!" the Nidoran said. "I know you!"

"Use double kick!" the trainer commanded as she turned to the rising Squirtle. "Bubbles, use water gun again!"

Vixie and I jumped on opposite directions before the torrent of water could hit us. Fay quickly ran towards the turtle, but jumped back before fumes of fire could hit her. I jumped once again to dodge another water gun, and I bumped into the blinking Nidoran.

"I DO know you!" she smiled. "We met outside that human town a few days ago!"

"Hearts! What are you doing?!" the trainer angrily stomped her foot on the ground. "We're being attacked! And...uh..." she suddenly smiled goofily as she slowly fell back on the ground, snoring.

Her underwear's white. I couldn't help it if she collapsed right in front of me.

"Pervert," Bill's voice echoed. "Concentrate on the battle!"

I gulped and turned to the blinking Nidoran. "You're trainer whited out—" I don't even know what that means. "—so you can't fight without her orders!"

"Is that how it works?" she blinked at me as I heard growling noises from behind.

"No!" I turned and saw the Squirtle and Charmander glaring and growling at Fay and Vixie. "They can still hurt our trainers!"

Suddenly, two vines wrapped around Fay and Vixie, dragging them back to Saur. "We're leaving," he simply said while helping Shock up, who was leaning on him.

"Let's get outta here," Shock whispered as he and Saur began to move back to where we came from.

Vixie and I kept an eye on the trainers' Pokémon as we retreated. Once we were on a safer distance, we both let out a tense breath and followed the trio.

"Wow, Shockie," Fay chirped walking beside him. "You went down with just one water gun! Talk about lame!"

His ears drooped.

Silence...

...shouldn't he be angry with that kind of remark? Or at least, since she called him with a nickname?

"Shock?" Vixie called. "Are you okay?"

Nothing... Even Fay began to look worried.

Vixie and I shared a worried look as I ignored Bill's directions of where Krystal's group was.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 48
I'm a bit thankful for Shock for suddenly being quiet, weird, mysterious, unresponsive, and some other words. I know it's bad for me to think like that, since, he's a friend and I'm his friend but, it turned Vixie's attention from me to him, which is a totally great relief at the moment.

I am really starting to regret accepting her love though, and now I am afraid of breaking up with her, just because 'it was a mistake on my part.' ...I don't want what happened to Lithe's...um...thingy...to happen to me as well. Well, this Eevee body's not mine, so whatever harm happens to this won't apply to my human body, I think. But still, I'm currently 'using' this body, so I can already imagine the hurt I'm going to be in if my Eevee thingy meets Miss Bitey.

"Why are you shaking?" Fay asked from behind as I led our little group. "It's not cold or anything."

Oh yeah. It's kinda weird for Shock and Saur to tell me to lead the way. Well, it would make sense, since I am currently the one wearing the ear-piece, or earphone, or whatever. Anyway, Bill's giving me directions of where to go.

I shook my head to get rid of the awful image in my head. I took a breath and sighed. "It's nothing..."

"Did that Billy-guy said something bad?" Fay asked.

"Uh..." Bill's voice echoed in my ear. "I said what now?"

I shook my head, turned, and flashed my friends a soft smile. "Just something I suddenly thought about. Nothing to worry about."

Shock blinked. "You're not leading us to our deaths, right?"

I deadpanned. "Unfortunately, I am."

Even though he's clearly troubled about something, Shock still has his sense of...sarcasm? Or Humor? Or sarcastic humor? Whatever. Still, it was nice to know that at least that whatever was troubling him wasn't really pulling him further down to moping.

Anyway, we've been walking around the forest for almost maybe forty minutes now. During that time, we met a few Pokémon living in the area. We dared asked a few, and thankfully, none of them attacked us. Unfortunately, none of them knew anything about the gathering as well. Still, we were thankful that they didn't gave us a hard time.

...Now that I think about it, I should have asked that female Nidoran back then. Then again, two trainers wanted to capture us, so I don't think I would have even thought of asking her about the gathering anyway.

Or maybe the gathering was cancelled because that Nidoran was caught? She did tell us she was going to attend. Maybe that's where she was caught? Although it was also possible for her to be captured before she arrived there.

Blah, why am I suddenly thinking too much about all of this?

Left? Okay.

Hm. Then again, I guess it's perfectly fine for me to think about this. I mean, it's either this than Vixie. She's cute and all but, eh...still not into furries. Why in blazes did I let her, anyway? I did say that we'll take things slow, but so far, I don't feel any progress on me. I still don't like it, and I doubt I ever will. Still, our relationship isn't even a day old yet, so who knows?

Wait... Why do I think like I'm hoping that I'll like her back? I'm a human. Unless Eevee genes are starting to eat away my humanity. That'd be horrifying. Also, what ever happened to the real owner of this Eevee? Did its spirit drifted somewhere and turned into a ghost type? Would it haunt me forever once it found me? Or did my human body transformed into this Eevee, like those typical fanfics I read a few times during boring hours at work?

Damn, I think lots of weird stuff when there's nothing else to do. Turn right. Oh, there's a clearing up ahead.

"Oh!" Fay chirped. "There's a clearing up ahead!"

...that was redundant...anyway, I stopped and turned around to face them. "Bill says they're over there." I gestured with my head towards the clearing behind me.

"Oi!" Krystal's voice sounded from behind. "We're over here!"

I deadpanned for yet another redundant line. If this was a fanfic, I'd remove that line. Sadly, this isn't a written fanfic of some die-hard PKMN fan who wants to share his weird imagination to the world of other PKMN fans...

Anyway, I turned and waved a paw at her and the Bulbasaur cosplayer. My friends and I then went out of the trees, and into the bright clearing.

"Just for the record," I said, looking up, "the leaves and trees here doesn't seem to have any difference from Ilex Forest..."

"Hah hah..." Shock lamely said from behind.

Krystal blinked in confusion. "Buh?"

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it." I just then noticed how big this clearing was. It wasn't a circular-like clearing like most in an anime, but...eh...its just big. There were a few sleeping and chatting Pokémon around though. Mostly were Weedles, Pidgeys and Caterpies.

"This is where the gathering was held?" I asked, looking around.

"Yep," Krystal said, and then frowned. "Bill said you guys got into trouble. All of you okay?"

"We're fine," Fay sat with a smile. "Nothing we can't smile about."

"That's taking things lightly," Saur said.

Fay grinned at him. "Hey, we weren't captured, right?"

Krystal and Chikorita gasped.

I just shook my head. "We're in one piece, and that's the only important part of it."

They both frowned, but didn't say anything. Our groups then sat in a circle by the treeline, with Vixie sitting in between me and Shock...

"So," Vixie said, "the gathering? What was it all about?"

Krystal frowned slightly. "Bill didn't tell you yet?"

I blinked. "Um...maybe?"

I heard Bill sighed. "I did."

"Then I was probably not paying attention then..." I chuckled. "Still, it's kinda better to hear about it together."

Krystal frowned, but nodded anyway. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense."

"If that made sense," Shock said, "then us meeting here isn't."

I blinked and turned to him. "What?"

Shock crossed his arms and showed mild annoyance. "We could have just returned to those two humans and talk about it there."

Oh. Right. Yeah. That'd make perfect sense.

Krystal and Chikorita, and Surskit, just shook their heads.

"No," Chikorita said. "Not if we're going to look for that Scizor."

"Oh." I blinked. Yeah, I should have paid more attention when Bill was telling me all about it. At least I was paying attention now. "Wait, Scizor?"

Krystal and Chikorita nodded. I turned to my friends, and they also had confused looks on their faces.

"But," I turned back to the news bearers. "Scizor's an evolved form, right?" I waved my paw around. "Impossible to mistake a Scizor from a Scyther..."

Krystal frowned. "Red and black armor. Two pairs of pincers for arms. Yellow eyes. Yeah, definitely a Scyther."

I glared at her. "You don't have to be d*ck about it, you know."

"Oi oi, you two," Bill's voice echoed while the others, minus Krystal, blinked. They probably are trying to figure out what that 'd' word meant. Shock shrugged after muttering 'human thing' again. Well duh, it is a human 'thing'. "I don't want you guys arguing right now, you hear?"

It kinda felt weird being scolded at my age, but eh. I took a breath and sighed. "Yeah, sorry for snapping, Krysie..." Her glare lightened, and disappeared. "Continue?"

"Well, to make things short," Krystal said, "from what we've heard, that Scizor was looking for strong Pokémon who was worthy of evolution. The gathering was like a boxing match, to see who can hurt the Scizor."

"Worthy of evolution?" Shock and Saur asked at the same time.

Chikorita nodded. "The Scizor was the speaker, but there were also two other evolved Pokémon with him, but they just stayed in the audience. Those two were a Pidgeot and a Rapidash."

"But," Krystal frowned, and turned to look at the few gathered Pokémon.

I turned as well, and I just noticed the grass. A few patches were cut down, pulled out, and other evidence of a battle.

"They said that they killed every single challenger, claiming they weren't worthy of evolution." She then turned back to us with a very sad look. "A lot then began to escape, while those desperate to evolve stayed and fought...and got ki..."

Silence...

Oh great... Just what we need. We got the heroes, their friends, and to complete the fanfic, we got an evil team. Great, just great...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 49
There are a few things I don't understand in the world.

...well, in my world, at least.

In this world? There are LOTS! And one of them that really struck the number one spot in the mysterious charts is that...why the f*ck are we going after those...those...killers?!

They murdered almost everyone who wanted to evolve!

And oh, before I go further, number two of the mysterious charts at the moment is the mystery of "how the heck were the bodies and blood of those who were killed disappeared: no traces nor stenches"! It doesn't make sense!

I did asked my friends here, who were currently pretty determined to meet the killers. Unfortunately, they, minus Krystal, didn't find it a thing worth to be concerned about. Seriously?

I would have bothered to ask them about it, if it weren't for the fact that the majority of "us", which is "they", decided to directly ask the evolved ones how they evolved, who were they working with, and if our deaths will be swift as well.

...that last one was mine, but come on, that's bound to happen if we keep this up.

"Sh-should we—"

"No." Shock quickly said, sounding seriously tired of me making any more excuses to turn back. He and the others were leading the way, Krystal and I at the tail of our joined groups.

Krystal was also determined at first, but after a few of my whining, human versions of "common sense" finally managed to worm their way back into her teenage brain and now she was starting to doubt if this was a good idea to begin with.

"Jay," Vixie called, looking back at me with a smile. "We'll be fine, so don't worry!"

My ears drooped. "We're gonna die..." and I hung my head as I felt my heart sank. Goodbye cruel world. At least there's still the 'what if I wake up in my human body if I die' mystery. I really don't want to test that mystery out, but, sigh...

"We should run," Krys whispered beside me. I turned to her, and saw her nervously trying to calm herself down. She barely looked ahead, her gaze almost on the ground in front of her. "Still not too late to run..."

I blinked. Yeah, she's starting to become a scared little teenaged girl who is lost and is now being forced to face death against her will.

She suddenly sniffed, and she stopped to wipe an eye with a paw. I stopped and turned to face her properly. She grit her teeth and shook her head. Bill's voice of concern rang in my ear, but I ignored him.

"What's wrong?" Chikorita asked, her voiced sounded like they were a bit farther now, but then their steps began to get louder, so they were probably walking back to us.

"Jay," Shock hissed, "we got no time for your nonsense!"

I turned and glared at him as Krystal sniffed and sobbed.

Shock's ears twitched, and his angry frown disappeared as his ears drooped. "Oh..."

I moved to the side to let Chiko pass and comfort her friend. I then stared at my friends and gestured with my head to give them some space. Luckily, Saur understood, and he and I led our friends away from Krys, just to give her some space.

"What happened?" Fay asked, looking sad at the trio as we sat by the base of a huge tree.

I sighed. "I guess her human instinct kicked in."

"Meaning...?" Shock asked.

I sighed yet again. I don't understand these Pokémon... "Shock, we're walking to our deaths here by following those three evolved Pokes."

"Pokes?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's just short for Pokémon, Fay."

"So it's 'humes' for humans?"

I grit my teeth as my eye twitched. "T-that's not the point!" I shook my head. "Look, why can't you guys see the death flag?"

"What's a flag?"

"Mmf!" I shut my mouth. I took a big breath, and exhaled. "Look, Fay, shut up for a moment and let me finish, please?"

She nodded with a blink.

"Thank. You." I hissed. "Seriously guys. Can't you see we're walking to our deaths by following those three evolved Pokes...émon?"

Shock just blinked, and then looked at me as if I just lost it. "You think we're weak to just die?"

"They're evolved, Shock!" I argued. "How in blazes can we fight them?! How—!"

I stopped when Shock raised a paw. I don't like it when I'm interrupted, but fine, I sighed and shut up.

Shock then cleared his throat. "Again, do you really think we're that weak?" He pointed Vixie. "Vixie can burn the Scizor." He pointed at me, or rather, beyond me. "The Surskit can handle the Rapidash." And he then pointed at himself. "I'll handle the Pidgeot." He then pointed at Saur. "Saur can give them trouble with spores."

"Shock," I sighed. "Not to ruin your confidence or anything, but you barely even won the fight against Lithe!" I pressed on before Shock could make a word. "And Lithe's a freaking unevolved Growlithe! How the freaking hell can you expect ME to believe that YOU GUYS can defeat THREE EVOLVED POKES if you CAN'T even BEAT A GROWLITHE?!"

Shock glared at me, his cheeks sparking a bit.

I glared back, unwilling to stand back down. I know I made a good point. Hell, I'd probably kill myself if Shock can counter that fact I just laid.

"Point," Shock hissed, still glaring at me. "...taken." and he looked away.

I actually blinked at that. Wow, I actually made him see how valid my point was! Th-that's a huge win for me, I guess. Though I doubt we could just simply let go of such a lead, but at least we can make time to actually plan stuff now. And why the heck is Krystal still crying like an idiot?

I looked back, and saw Krystal and her friends staring back at us. She wasn't crying anymore, which, I guess is a good thing, but why do I still hear that someone's still crying? I looked at my friends, and they were wondering the same thing, I think.

Fay's ears twitched, and walked around the tree. "There," she said as she pointed at the tall bushes.

We carefully gathered at the bush, and sure enough, the sounds of crying was coming from the other side. As Krystal and her friends walked near us, Shock nodded to us and slowly pushed his head through the bushes. Seconds of quiet struggle later, Shock's tail fell on the ground.

Well, curiosity finally made me see what was going on beyond the bushes. The small and sharp twigs are annoying though, but I'm just thankful for having fur. Once I was able to push my face through, I finally had a clear look at...oh hey...there they are...

...crap.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 50
"Why?!" the Scizor cried, on his knees, by the stream, his claws covering his eyes, and he was crying, well, sobbing. "Wha-hu-hu-hy?!"

"Oh, for Arceus' sake," the Rapidash shook her head, her burning mane slightly flying to each side and disappearing in the wind. "Give it a rest already!"

"Hush, you," the Pidgeot hissed, glaring at the Rapidash, who just rolled her eyes. He extended a large wing and slowly patted the back of the sobbing Scizor. "There, there now. It's okay, it's okay..."

"It's okay?!" the Scizor shouted, sharply turning his pathetically-sobbing face at the wincing Pidgeot. "It's okay?! How in Giratina's balls could it be okay?! I killed them! I killed them!"

"By accident!" the Pidgeot reasoned back. "You didn't mean to kill them all, right?"

"B-b-b-b-but I still killed them!" the Scizor cried, again burying his face back to his claws.

The Rapidash groaned, sat down, and slammed her face to the ground...twice.

The Pidgeot ignored her, and continued to pat the armored bug's back. "Hey now. It's wasn't your fault! It was...erm..."

"Accidental murder?" the Rapidash suggested, making the Scizor sob even louder.

The Pidgeot glared back at her. "You're not helping." He then sighed and turned to the Scizor with concern. "Hey now. It was them that threw themselves at you while you were explaining things!"

"These t-things..." the Scizor whispered, pulling his face and claws away from each other. He stared at his shaky claws, slowly opening and closing them. "I...I tried to put them down so I could continue talking, but...but...I..."

"You cut them in half," the Rapidash continued.

"By accident!" the Pidgeot hissed at the flame horse. "And stop making him feel worse!"

"Oh, joy..." the Rapidash dropped her face on the ground again. "Yeah, and ignore me for suffering from his pathetic outburst."

"You'll live," the Pidgeot hissed, and then turned back to the Scizor. "It was an accident! Don't blame yourself for what happened!"

"B-but I killed them!"

"Um..." the Pidgeot looked away, trying to think of something to say. "T-they'll turn into ghosts anyway, so, uh..." he turned back to him with a nervous and hopeful smile. "You just...erm...transformed them?"

"By killing them!" and the Scizor sobbed again. "I don't know my own strength, and I killed a lo-ho-ho-hoooootttt..."

"Oh Arceus..." the Rapidash groaned. "Please kill me now..."

I felt something poking my...um...bum...so I slowly and quietly pulled myself back and out of the bush. The first face that greeted me was an unimpressed Pikachu.

"Oh, yes," Shock said, sounding veeerrryyy unimpressed, "we'll definitely let those pathetic creeps kill us."

"Oh, shut up," I shook my head. "They're still evolved Pokes, so we'll still have to be careful if we want to go and talk to them."

"K-killing by accident..." Krystal shivered.

I turned to her and flashed her a small smile. "Eheheh...yeah. Those are the bad guys of our fic..."

She blinked at me. "What?"

...I said that out loud? "Um...er...never mind."

"They don't look like how those Pokémon described them to be," Chikorita noted, and the others nodded in agreement.

I shrugged, ignoring the quiet sobs from the other side of the bushes. "They probably just exaggerated the story, since," I shrugged again, "y'know, they were on the receiving end of 'getting killed.'"

Vixie smiled at me. "So, it's a good thing that they're unlikely to kill us, right?"

I nodded, feeling great relief. "Yeah."

"I knew there were voices here," a female voice said from above me. I froze and found difficulty in turning my head up, and saw a bored-looking face of the Rapidash, towering over the bushes. "I can talk to you Pokémon, right?"

"Uh..." my mouth suddenly felt very dry.

"Hi!" Fay chirped. "We were just talking about you guys!"

I snapped to my senses and hit her head with a paw. "You shouldn't have told her that!" Oh, poop, me and my big mouth.

"Owie..."

"That's no surprise," the Rapidash sighed, and just laid her neck on top of the bushes, her head hanging like a vine. "Always the center of talks ever since I evolved..."

"About that," Shock said, walking closer to her, "how did you evolve?"

The Rapidash stared boringly at him. "Shouldn't you know that as well?"

"Huh?" Shock blinked, and then understood. "I was born as a Pikachu."

"I see no difference."

"Just answer my question," Shock snapped back.

I'm starting to feel nervous at how Shock was talking to the unicorn horse of fiery doom. That horn looked very very sharp...

The Rapidash glared at him for a moment before she sighed. She then pulled her head back as she stood up. "And here I thought I could have a normal chat with you Pokémon." She then turned back to her comrades. "If you really want to know, ask the Scizor over there." She then started walking away. "But try not to touch him."

Shock shook his head and turned back to us, but his gaze fell on me, and he arched an eyebrow. "What?"

I glared at him. "If only you were a little bit kinder, then maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't have to talk to that Scizor."

Shock was about to say something when Fay cheerfully skipped in between us, humming to herself.

"Fay?" Vixie called, but Fay ignored her, "where are you going?"

"To the Scizor, of course!" was her only response before she leaped through the bushes.

Saur sighed and pulled his vines back, too late to catch the happy rat. "Let's just keep our distance from them as we ask them questions."

"Hi!" Fay's loud voice reached us. Knowing her, I'd say she doesn't understand the word 'distance'...

"I'll just..." Krys spoke, "...um, stay here."

I turned to her, and saw Chikorita smiled and nodded at her. "We'll keep you company."

"Can I stay, too?" I asked, but then something pinched my ear and dragged me towards the bushes. "Ow ow ow...!" I hissed, my vision started to blur from the tears of pain as Shock dragged me to the bushes, Saur and Vixie helplessly followed.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 51
"AHHH!" the Scizor shouted, jumping to his feet.

"AHHH!" I shouted back, pushing my paws to run back.

"AHHH!" the Scizor pushed his back, um, backwards, flailing his claws around.

"AHHH!" Shock pinching my ear is starting to hurt.

"AHHH—"

Splash!

A wave of water rained down on the face-winged Pidgeot while the Rapidash...dashed off to somewhere to avoid the water.

"..." I blinked, trying to understand what just happened. "...um...ahhh?"

Shock sighed and let go of my ear.

"So much for making a first good impression..." the Pidgeot sighed again as the Scizor got out of the water's surface, and was now flailing his arms around.

"Help!" the red bug cried. "I can't swim!"

Saur calmly walked towards the stream and extended his vines, but a large wing blocked them. Saur and the rest of us turned to the owner, and the Pidgeot just shook his head and folded his wing back.

The Pidgeot sighed once again and turned to his drowning friend. "It's shallow."

"No it's not!" the Scizor cried, then blinked, and slowly stopped moving. "Oh."

"Yes, Jay," Shock said, "we're dead."

I ignored him. I still can't believe how...um...pathetic the Scizor was, who crawled out from the water and smiled sheepishly at his deadpanning Pidgeot friend.

The Scizor turned to us and, "AHHH!" fell back into the water again.

"Does he love shouting before taking baths?" Fay chirped, but I ignored her.

"He probably is still traumatized from the murder he did," the Rapidash's voice said from behind us.

"Pyra, please," the Pidgeot hissed, pulling the red bug back on soaked ground. "It was an accident." One of his large talos quickly grabbed the frightened head of the kneeling Scizor, the entirety of the bug's face was almost covered. "And please, oh please, stop screaming."

The Scizor was crying, trying to get away.

The Pidgeot sighed and turned to us. "Um... Little ones," little ones? Ouch. "May I ask of you to take lots of steps back away from us?"

"That is," Pyra, the Rapidash, smiled, "if you don't want our friend over there to 'accidentally' murder every single one of you."

The Scizor whimpered loudly.

"Honestly, Pyra," The Pidgeot grumbled as I pulled Shock's tail back, who was stubbornly wanting to stay on his ground to ask them. "Give it a rest already."

Pyra grinned as we walked passed her. "Oh, I will when Scythe over there does as well."

I wonder if she wouldn't mind if I'll look up. I've never really seen a horse in real life back home. Just curious what her parts would look li—ow!

"Let go of my tail already!" Shock hissed after pounding me on the head.

"Ow..."

Fay chuckled. "Hahah. Now you know what it's like!"

I hit her head.

"Ow!"

"This good enough?" Vixie called, making Pyra take a few steps to the side for the Pidgeot to see us.

The Pidgeot then looked back at his held bug friend, studying whatever features he could still see from taloning his friend's face, and nodded at us after letting the Scizor go.

"Please don't come near me..." Scythe, the Scizor, whimpered and sobbed, and his entire body shook a bit. He then stared at his arms, er, cla...pincers? "Th-these things... Th-they kill things!"

"Oh, Xerneas' hairballs..." Pyra groaned.

"What's a Xerneas?" I mumbled to myself. I then shook my head to get rid of the thought. "Anyway, can't you guys just tape that thing?"

Aside from my friends, the Rapidash and the Pidgeot blinked at me.

"Um...I mean...String Shot it in place?"

"Good idea!" the Scizor shouted, making the rest of us jump. He then grabbed the Pidgeot by the wing joint, or shoulder, or base. Whatever. "Get me some strings! Plea-he-he-hessss!"

The Pidgeot's eye was twitching, and if he had teeth, I'd say he would grit them as well. "Pincers, ow ow ow, pincers..."

The Scizor gasped, pulling his pincers off of his friend. He then looked at his ar...pincer, you know what? I'm gonna stick with arms! He looked at his arms in horror, his mouth quivering as his eyes starting to water.

"No no no no—" the Pidgeot tried, but the Scizor cried a river once again.

"I need an arm to slap my face with..." the Rapidash sighed as she walked away. "I'll go grab some worms."

"Finally!" the Pidgeot shouted back at her. "Thank goodness, you're being useful for once!"

The Rapidash just ignored him as she went through the tall bushes. Well, those are tall in my perspective. To her, they're just knee-high. I miss being a tall human...

The Pidgeot sighed, and looked at his crying friend for a moment before turning to us. "Um...whatever you're here for, may I ask of you to wait just a bit more?"

"No," Shock said firmly, crossing his arms. "We're kinda wanting to know—heymmf!"

A green vine wrapped around his head, covering his opened mouth in the process. Shock shot a venomous look at Saur, who completely didn't notice as he stared at the Pidgeot with a smile.

"We can wait," Saur calmly said, and calmly turned his calm smile at the glaring Pikachu. "Can't we?"

Shock's ears drooped, and nodded in defeat. Saur chuckled and lets go of the vines and retracts them back.

While they were busy doing those things though, I kept on wondering why the freaking hell was I checking out that fire horse. I thought I already told myself I wasn't into furries! Gah...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 52
Remember when I said that there are way too many mysteries in my world and this world? Well, seems like that these mysteries liked to pile themselves up to kill whoever planned to solve them all.

Anyway, after the awkward web-cuffing of the Scizor's pincers, and the Rapidash kicking the Caterpie to kingdom come after his usefulness was over—the Pidgeot wasn't happy about that however—, the red bug finally managed to calm down and the three evolved Pokémon were now seated in front of my and Krys' group.

The Scizor first cleared his throat and then apologized for his behavior after seeing us the first time. After that, he began a short story of what was happening around the world, er, this world, at least. During the story-telling however, other Pokémon began to appear and joined the audience, listening intently to the story.

The story went like this...

Arceus created worlds, and then created guardians to watch over those worlds before he went to slumber, because, hey, when a god is bored and randomly decided to created worlds, he'll need living, breathing and intelligent beings to watch over them after he wasted all of his power just to satisfy his boredom.

First, there's Dialga, who watches over space. Then, Palkia, overseer of space. Sorry, I often mix these two dragons up. Dialga watches over time and Palkia watches over space. Then there's Giratina, who watches over the Torn World, a world that balances this world, wherein Mew's the one who's watching over.

I really don't see how Mew can do a good job though, which the Scizor has pointed out, after the evolution process went glitchy. Sorry, can't think of other terms at the moment. I was a human working on computers and internets and blah blah blah. So sue me.

So anyway, back to the story.

Apparently, inside a mountain, there's this weird gem-like rock that was taller than any tree the Scizor has ever seen. I bet the Scizor will take that back after he learns the existence of the Tree of Life where Mew... Huh, now that I think about it, are there two Mews in this world? Eh...

Wait...I meant the Tree of the World's Beginning. Wait... Isn't that like the same thing? Bleah, whatever.

So anyway, this Scizor must not have seen that tree yet.

So there, Mew was being happy-go-lucky, something went ka-blooey, everyone devolved, Mew went nutsy. I don't know if Celebi already knew this or not. If she does, then I don't really know why she kept this information from us if she and Mew were soaring all over the world together, trying to figure out what caused this. Maybe she just didn't want to cause a panic or something. The audience here are feeling scared though, after the Scizor told us that something tampered with the Evolution Gem.

Yep, so Pokémon's evolution is possible thanks to the great big rock of evolution. It sounds like a Digimon animé though, now that I think about it. If that evolution rock suddenly turned into a Pokémon, then this will definitely start to sound like a cheap Digimon 3 rip-off.

Fortunately, that was not the case. The Scizor explained that the rock used to have been glowing brightly like that of the sun at high noon. Unfortunately, now, it's fluctuating like a dying light bulb.

A random Pokémon among the crowd asked how he knew all of these. The red bug explained that he lives in that very cave, or at least, near the cave, where lots of other Pokémon live as well. They have heard stories about that bright towering rock being the source of evolution, but they didn't really believe it until everyone living there started to devolve after a sort of darkness exploded from the glowing rock, and after he, the Pidgeot, and the Rapidash evolved when they touched it.

Other Pokémon also tried touching the stone, but none of them evolved except for the three in front of us. The Pokémon living there then called them the chosen ones, for reasons unknown. Mew checked that place a day after, and tried using her psychic powers to try and fix it. Unfortunately, it didn't work, though she did felt small traces of dark essence that lingered in the place. Mew said she used to live there when other Pokémon started living there a long long time ago. So the dark essence was new to her, and that's what kept her from believing that someone did do something with the gem.

Unfortunately, none of the Pokémon living in the area see nor hear anything that would have caused the gem to malfunction. It just went wonky.

So now, this infamous trio are going everywhere to gather other Pokémon to try and see if they can evolve, for reasons unknown yet again. There have been other Pokémon who were able to evolve though, but the number sadly only consist of one digit, five, excluding the trio in front of us. So there are eight evolved Pokémon in the world.

And that's the story. While the trio were doing some Q's and A's, I wondered if that dark essence belonged to Darkrai. Well, if the movie was to be judged, he's a good guy, right? After Palkia accidentally town-napped Alamos to another dimension.

Then again, there was another Darkrai that pawned Ash's team in a league match or something. But Krystal told me that neither Ash nor Red exist in this world, after she went around Pallet Town. Though Professor Oak does have a grandson, but the name escapes me at the moment, but I'm sure it wasn't Gary nor Green.

So, I guess I should stop using the show or manga as sources. Or at least, not base this world on Ash's nor Red's adventures.

So... Darkr—

"What's on your mind?" Vixie's voice snapped me out of my train of thought as she sat beside me.

I shook my head. "Nothin'. Just thinking about what the Scizor just told us."

She blinked. "Well, at least now we know why everyone couldn't evolve."

I sighed as a thought popped in my head. "Yeah, but nothing about why Krysie and I got here." I saw a small hint of sparkle in her eyes, and I glared at her. "Well, I'm glad that's good news for you."

She frowned. "You...don't like me, do you?"

I blinked. I didn't expect that coming. I looked away and sighed. "Sorry, Vixie. I tried, but..." I took a breath and sighed again. If she kills me here and now, well, at least someone can try and stop her... "Don't take this the wrong way, but I do like you, I just don't like you as in completely like you. If that makes any sense." I slowly glanced back at her, and I could clearly see a question mark above her head.

She lightly shook her head. "I'll just try harder then."

Whew, that was a big load off of my chest. So she wouldn't tear me apart if I break up with her? Cool. I'm a bit thankful that Bill's busy studying all the information that he just gathered to pay attention to what Vixie and I were discussing. But anyway, there was a new question that popped in my head. "What do you see in me, anyway?" There. Better be blunt about it than swaying around the point.

"Um..." she stared on her paws. Then she looked around.

I looked around. Everyone were busy with their own discussions, but I guess this wasn't really the right place and the right moment to ask such questions. Then again, she started it.

"I just like you," came Vixie's reply. I turned my attention back to her and saw her small smile. "I don't know how humans do these things, but for us, well, for me, when I see someone that I want to live the rest of my life with, well..." she trailed off.

I blinked at her. "You weren't like that when we first met."

She glared at me. "These things don't grow overnight, you know." She took a breath and sighed. She then looked at me with tired yet longing eyes. "Feelings are like flowers. They take time to grow."

Heh, wow, she used my metaphor when we first talked. But eh, two can play at that game. "If you give a flower to the wrong person, then that flower won't last long." And brain, shut up. I meant a flower. Nothing else.

She smirked. "Good thing you're not a person then."

I frowned at her. "Har har..." I shook my head. "Seriously Vixie. I tried, but I...just see you as a friend." Please don't hurt me...

She still wore a smile as she stood up and...nuzzled my neck, and that contact made me freeze in place. She pulled back and smiled. "Your flower's just taking longer to grow. I can wait."

My brain's dirty side was immune to freezing, it seems. I shook all over, brr, and shook my head. "Fine, fine... Just don't do that again."

"No promises," she winked, complete with a slightly tilted head.

I groaned, though I found that really really cute. ...um...

"Shock?!" a really loud voice erupted from the crowd somewhere. I was a bit thankful for the interruption though, for that at least made Vixie wonder who that was.

I turned to Shock, and was just in time to see his ears droop as he slowly pushed himself down to the ground. "Oh no..." I arched an eyebrow at that.

"Oh, Arceus!" a Pikachu exclaimed, who just got through the crowd and was now smiling wide, staring at Shock. "It is you!"

The newcomer was a female though, if her voice and that heart-tipped tail wasn't any indication. She rushed towards us and tackle-hugged Shock—I barely dodged in time—pushing him back and landing on top of him.

"Oof!" Shock groaned as he tried to push the female Pikachu off of him, who was currently nuzzling his neck. "Get off of me!"

"Where have you been all this time, Shockie?!" she asked cheerfully as she crawled off of him. "Mom and dad are gonna be so so happy to know that you've come back home!"

I blinked at the exchange. I turned to my friends, but they were busy staring at the scene as well. I poked Vixie's shoulder, capturing her attention.

"Um, explanation please?"

She just gave me a confused blink.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 53
This new female Pikachu's annoying. She force-dragged Shock away from us, and we didn't have any other choice than to follow wherever this Pikachu's taking our Shockie. Krys and her friends decided to stay behind to gather more info from the evolved trio.

So anyway, back to our situation. This jolly female Pikachu's cheerfully walking on two feet, and pulled Shock's tail as she walked. Shock was gritting his teeth as he clawed on the ground, but his efforts were useless as we followed along the two line paw marks he left behind.

And oh, the female Pikachu kept on talking.

Worse, Fay was walking alongside her AND cheerfully talking with her.

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked the two females for the umpteenth time, but once again, it fell on deaf ears. I sighed and looked at Shock. "You okay there, bud?"

He shot me a very venomous glare. "Do I look like okay to you?" He then gritted his teeth as he tried to dig his hands on the ground to stop the female 'chu from dragging him, but he failed.

"Where do you think she's taking him?" Vixie asked as she turned to Saur.

The Bulbasaur calmly shrugged as his reply.

I sighed again. I'm getting derailed more and more. I need to return home, and the sooner, the be...

I stopped when I saw something from the corner of my eye. I turned to where I thought that something was supposed to be, but all I saw were bushes and trees. Just a forest, and nothing out of the ordinary.

"Huh..." I mumbled as Vixie turned and walked beside me. "I swore I..."

"Swore what?" she asked.

I just shook my head. "Nothing, I guess." At least there are berries on those bushes. "I'm probably just hungry." Quick white lie.

"Then why didn't you say so?!" shouted the female Pikachu, who was already far ahead. No idea how she hea...eh, Pikachu ears... Never mind. She turned to smile at me. "We're almost there!"

"There where?" Vixie asked as we resumed our walk.

"Where else?" she grinned and turned her attention ahead.

I blinked, and noticed that we were heading towards a clearing, if the sun's light from there was an indication. I looked around and noticed that the line of trees are getting smaller. I guess that we're either heading towards a clearing, or we're going to exit the forest.

"Wow!" Fay chirped as the duo plus Shock exited the line of trees, Vixie, Saur and I close behind. "What a lovely place you got here!"

"And so many Pikachus..." Vixie breathed out as we exited the forest.

"Just kill me now..." Shock mumbled before he planted his face on the ground.

I have no clue where in the world map this place is. There's a stream, lots of miniature green hills and burrows underneath. And as Vixie pointed out, there were a lot of Pikachus around. There were even smaller versions of Pikachus playing around!

Anyway, this place was a clearing, that much I'm sure, since there were still lines of trees that bordered the place, but damn this area's huge. A few scattered trees here and there, bushes and flowers, the small hills I mentioned earlier, and...and...that's about it.

Also, Pikachus weren't the only ones living in this area though. As far as my little height vision could see, I could also see Poliwags near the streams, Pidgeys, Sandshrews, and Rattatas. Each species of Pokémon are grouped into their own kind and are settling in one part of the clearing.

"Visitors!" a random voice shouted from somewhere. It was loud enough to make almost every Pikachus' ears to twitch and their attention to turn to us.

I suddenly felt really conscious about myself with that many eyes on us...on me. I couldn't help but take a step or two back.

The Pikachus smiled and waved a paw at us while a chorus of hi's and hello's bombarded our ears. There were even Pikachus who were close enough to walk up to us and...started smelling us.

I awkwardly pushed myself beside Vixie as I try to push a Pikachu head away from me. I think some are even smelling my behind.

Vixie was 'very helpful' for giggling at my awkward situation.

I got awkward replies of 'what's with you?' and 'stop pushing me' and some other crap. I just kept on muttering to stop invading my personal spac—"EEP!"

I jumped forward, bumped on a yelping Pikachu, spun with a racing heart, and stared in disbelief at the Pikachu who poked his, I mean, her (if her heart-shaped tail's an indication) nose on my... She just blinked and smiled at me.

"Hey, back off!" Vixie hissed at her as she walked beside me and glared at the Pikachu. "He's mine."

"You squealed like a girl, by the way," I heard Bill say, and he chuckled.

I just dropped myself on the ground and put my two paws over my eyes. "Can't this get any more awkward?"

...ah, poop. I hope I didn't jinx it.

"—and then I saw Shock among the crowd!"

My ear twitched when I heard the female 'chu's voice. I pulled myself into a sitting position and ignored Vixie's fur that brushed on my side, and turned to look. I'm glad the large numbers of Pikachus already went back to whatever Pikachu business they were doing. The female 'chu's hand still has a tight grip on the tip of Shock's tail, and Shock was still lying flat on the ground.

They were surrounded by other Pikachus though, clearly happy for some reason. The female 'chu was talking to what looked like an old-looking Pikachu, complete with wrinkles and a graying fur. A shiny silver Pikachu! Har har...

My attention was caught by two small Pikachus who offered me and Vixie some berries. There was an adult Pikachu behind them, and Vixie growled at her. I just rolled my eyes and petted the two Smallchus on their heads. ...and they awkwardly liked it.

I guess Pokémon Amie taught me a lot of stuff. I wonder if belly rubs will work.

"So you like Pikachus more than Vulpixes?" Vixie side-glared at me.

W-what? I turned and raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm just petting them."

She turned to fully give me the full intensity of her glare. She opened her mouth, closed it. She mumbled. She looked away, clearly frustrated.

And oh, the three Pikachus were already gone. I'm surprised I hadn't notice them leaving. At least they left us some berries.

I...internally sighed. I better fix this not-in-a-good-mood fox friend of mine before she eats me. And shut up brain. You of all body parts should know what I meant.

Anyway, I sat up straight...raised my paw, sighed, and scratched Vixie's nape. And by scratch, I mean like scratching an itch on one spot. I dunno. Back home, my neighbor's dog loved it. And it kinda surprised me that Vixie purred, her whole body shook, if only slightly.

I arched an eyebrow, but continued 'pet-scratching' her. She purred again as she turned her head and...leaned closer and started brushing her head under my chin like how cats do on our feet and knees. ...It was my turn to tremble.

"Aw..." I heard the female 'chu 'aww'ed' at us. "Shockie, why can't you be just like your friends over there?"

From the corner of my frozen eye, I could see and feel Saur's giant grin.

"Get a den, you two!" Fay shouted teasingly.

"There are lots of dens around here!" the female 'chu chirped. "I'm sure there's an empty one around."

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 54
"Shockie," I said, but I received a venomous hiss from the Pikachu. I rolled my eyes and sat beside him by the clearing's stream.

He didn't seem to mind my presence, minus the nickname part. He just stared down at his frustrated reflection on the water.

"Oi, what's up?" Well, I kinda knew what was going on. Though I am still just guessing what's what, but it's kinda obvious, if what that female Pikachu said—during that little 'affection show' of Vixie rubbing her face on me—was any indication.

Shock closed his eyes and sighed. "The sky..."

I felt my two ears droop as I deadpanned. "Har har... Seriously though, what's going on?"

He was quiet for a few minutes though, just sitting there, staring at his reflection. Finally, he sighed again as he rubbed his forehead with a hand. "She likes me."

"That much is obvious," I replied. "Though at first, I really thought she was your sister or a relative or something..." I shrugged.

Shock just sighed again. "If only she was..." He sighed again as he slowly turned his gaze up to the blue sky. "I don't like her, but she couldn't accept it."

I rolled my eyes. "I think I can relate."

He chuckled bitterly. "Hah hah... Good point."

"But I thought you'd like to settle down with...y'know...your own kind?"

He shook his head. "Yes, I did, but not so soon!" He turned to face me, angry. "She's too impatient! I don't want to settle down just yet! And definitely not with her!" He extends both hands to his side as he stared back at the thin white clouds. "There's still a lot of things that I'd like to see in the world! I'm not ready to stay in one boring spot, being annoyed to make babies all the time!" And he finished it by punching the water, splashing the both of us in the process. He took a long breath and sighed as he pulled his hand back. "S-sorry..."

"Nothing to be sorry about," I said as I shook a paw towards the stream, so the droplets would land there instead of on me or on Shockie. "But can't you just, I dunno," I shrugged, "leave?"

"'cha! Mewtwo's toenails," he chuckled. "If only it was that easy."

...he knows Mewtwo, too? Eh, Pokémon have weird kinda-swear words here... What was that previous one? Xerneas' hairball? Then again, those are probably their versions of my world's 'oh my god!' or 'holy sh*t!' or 'Jesus effing Christ!'

"Arceus knows how many times I tried and failed to get outta here..." he then turned to look back, and pointed at a direction. "See those?"

I followed the direction and saw a small group of Pikachus near the edge of the forest. Fay was with them as well, handing them some berries on her back. "I think so," or maybe he was pointing at the thorny-looking bush behind those 'chus...

"We have scouts and watchers here," Shock explained as he turned to me. "They're the fastest Pikachus around here, and they can easily...outrun me..."

I arched him an eyebrow. "What? Why would they want to catch you?"

He sighed. "Because they're ordered to."

My arched eyebrow arched even further.

He rolled his eyes at me, and then turned back to the water. "She's the daughter of the herd leader."

"Ah..." I think I get it. Actually, I think I'm starting to get it. "Does that mean you'll be the next leader then?"

He glared at me. "That's not the point!"

I chuckled. "I know."

He grunted in frustration. "Gah! And I thought I could seriously talk to you about my problem! I'd rather talk to Fay!"

"Talk to me about what?" Fay asked, who spooked the living crap out of me by suddenly appearing right beside me from out of nowhere. There were still a berry or two on her back though...

Shock growled. "Go away, Fay."

"Okay!" she cheerfully said and hummed to herself as she walked away.

"What am I going to do...?" Shock whispered to himself.

I lamely stared at him. "Oi," I poked his shoulder. He ignored it. "You forgot. This time, you got us!"

I smiled wide long enough for him to see it as he turned to me a few seconds later. He arched me an eyebrow.

I huffed and grunted. "Aw, com'on. Let us help!" I grinned wide. "Besides! You don't want to stay here, and we don't want you to leave just yet!"

"That's just you," Shock sighed. "They don't really mind if I stay here and leave the group..."

I blinked at him.

He then stared back at his sad reflection. "But, thanks for caring."

I...don't know what to say to cheer him up... I honestly don't. I wanted to say something. Heck, my mouth is even opening and closing, making me feel the need to say something.

But, two green vines started to wrap around Shock, which surprised him, if only slightly. It forced him to turn around, and so did I. Behind us were our friends, and behind them were...

Shock gasped. "W-wh-what happened?"

Behind the innocent and happy smiles of our friends, each and every Pikachu on sight were...lying on the ground...and asleep.

Fay jumped on her feet and flashed us a berry. "Sleep powdered berries!" She then pulled it close to her and ate it, much to Vixie's surprise. "See?" And she was out like a light.

Saur rolled his eyes and pulled her on his back.

"How'd you..." Shock stammered. "Why'd you... B-but... H-how?"

"Saur," was Vixie's simple answer.

I nodded and chuckled. "Good enough for me." I turned and slightly punched Shock's shoulder. "See? We helped!"

He turned and arched me an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyebrows. "Fine. I was useless once again. They helped."

He smirked as he turned to our friends. "I could hug you guys, but eh," he turned around and started running. "That's not how I roll!"

"You're welcome!" Vixie chuckled as we chased him out of the clearing.

I dunno why, but I'm actually feeling quite glad that Shock's not leaving us just yet. Vixie and I shared a smile before focusing on the road ahead of...

I skidded to a stop and turned to my left. I swore I saw something. And this time, I'm not hungry to see black spots of unconsciousness.

"Jay?" Vixie called, but I ignored her.

"Oi!" Shock shouted. I turned and saw that they were already back in the forest. "What are you standing around there for?!"

"Ah..." I looked back at where I saw...something. It's not there... I tsk'ed and ran after my friends. I guess I'll have to tell them about what I saw later, when we're far far away from the land of the Pikachus.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 55
"—and then you're seeing these black spots in the corner of your eye?" Vixie asked, or rather, turned my statement into a question.

Shock rolled his eyes. "That's called 'being hungry', Jay."

"I told you," I said, "I wasn't hungry that time. And they weren't exactly spots..."

"Hidden hunger, most probably."

I turned and arched an eyebrow at Saur. "What? Is that a name of an attack or something?"

We were currently walking through the forest, heading back to Krys' group. It was hard to get lost though, since Shock left a pretty good trail behind.

Saur closed his eyes and shook his head. "You were hungry, you ignored it, your mind learned to ignore it, but in fact you're actually hungry."

I shook my head. "That doesn't make sense."

Saur just shrugged. "I heard the old human couple say it a lot of times on young trainers who leave their Pokémon for them to take care of. They usually compliment or scold the young humans, reminding them of their health."

I chuckled. "That was the longest line I've ever hear you talk, Saur."

He just smiled.

Fay chuckled. "You should listen to him when he drinks a lot of Rawst juice!"

Saur frowned at her. "Hey now. You promised not to—"

Vixie and Shock chukled.

"Oh, I remember that," Shock chuckled again.

Saur gently glared at him, and Shock just chuckled, and didn't say another word.

I just blinked at everyone. "Yeah, I'm clearly missing something out here, but anyway..." I looked ahead. "It looked like something was hiding behind the bushes."

"LOTS of us hide behind the bushes," Shock said.

My two ears drooped. "Er, well uh... Good point. But still. Twice?"

Shock sighed and turned to look at me. "Loo—"

"Make that thrice," Vixie announced, stopping.

We stopped and stared at her for a second or two before we followed her gaze. A bush shook, if only slightly.

Vixie growled low, jumped forward as she inhaled, and breathed a large wave of fire as soon as she landed. The bush burned, but only after a blur of red leaped out and stopped meters in front of us.

"Well," I said, taking a step back, "...f*ck..."

The Growlithe grinned wickedly. "Been a while, Vixie." He then ducked low to dodge a lightning bolt, slightly jumped to his left to avoid numerous razor leaves, tilted his head to avoid a fast shadow ball, and his grin was still plastered there. "...and company."

I made a quick check. The bush was mostly burned, but flames were already out. The second to the last thing we needed right now would be a forest fire.

Shock stepped forward, cheeks sparking. "What do you want?"

"What do you think?" He lifted a paw and pointed at Vixie.

"No!" Vixie growled, and then ran to my side, and quickly nuzzled my cheek before glaring back at the shocked Growlithe. "I'm with Jay now!"

Well, if looks could kill, then Lithe's furious glare would have melted my soul already.

Lithe was angry, and slowly, red flames started covering his body. He growled. "Then let me change that!" And he charges at us. "You're mine, and you WILL be MINE!"

"SH*T!" I jumped back and slipped.

Fay suddenly popped out from the ground in front of Lithe.

The Growlithe stumbled, and rolled towards us as the flames around his body weakened. He jumped before a bolt of lightning could struck him. He landed, well, he could have, if it weren't for the vines that wrapped around him.

Saur hissed, bearing the pain as he lifted the growling Growlithe up and slammed him back on the ground. His eyes watered as he quickly withdrew his smoking vines back.

Fay's tail glowed, and spun horizontally, but Lithe was too quick to get back up on his feet.

Lithe breathed out fumes of fire at Fay, who was awkwardly still recovering her balance.

A bolt of electricity struck the ground in front of her, creating a wall of rocks and dust that shielded her from the flames.

Vixie suddenly appeared beside him and bit his back.

Lithe howled in pain, ducked, and jumped as he breathed out a blaze on the ground below him, sending him up like a miniature rocket, and carried Vixie with him. They were almost over the tree tops when Lithe stopped as Vixie yelped in panic. He grinned and grabbed her, and bit her nape as they both started falling back down.

Shock appeared below them, ready to catch her. He was instead showered by a wave of fire.

Lithe used Vixie as a cushion as they landed on Shock. He jumped and breathed another wave of fire to counter Fay's shadow ball. He then howled in pain as he landed, and wobbled. Two green leaves were stuck on his side.

Fay's tail glowed once more. She ran and jumped, and spun her body to slap her tail on him.

Lithe growled, and bit her glowing tail. The Rattata yelped as he pulled his head on one side, and slammed the Rattata on the ground on her back. He then breathed fire around and above him, burning the spores that were falling towards him.

Saur tsk'ed as he took a step back. "He knows us too well."

Lithe growled and charged towards us.

I yelped and ran a safer distance, but Saur stood his ground. I skidded to a stop and witnessed just in time to see Saur slammed his head against Lithe. Saur was thrown back.

Lithe then breathed fumes of flame at Saur, and then turned his glare at me.

I gulped and took a step back. I then stared at my friends. Shock and Vixie were both unconscious. Fay was out cold. Saur was smoking...

"We Arcanines are born of strength," Lithe hissed, turning his whole body to face me directly.

My ear twitched when I faintly heard someone from far away shouted someone's name...

"And no one stands in our way!" Lithe shouted, his body ablaze once more, and charged towards me.

F*ck, I hope that old trick still works! I quickly dug my paw on the ground and with all my might, threw sand and pebbles at him. I then quickly ran to the side, but Lithe turned an—

"ACK!" I wa...

THUD!

I fell on the ground, my back feeling completely...hurt... I ignored Bill's stupid question if I was alright as I...

...oh, goddamn it...it hurts to freaking much...

"That's it?!" Lithe growled. I slightly opened an eye and saw him already standing in front of me. "What does she sees in a pathetic fur ball such as yourself?!"

He bit my nape, and I was too weak to even yelp or cry. I felt air rushing to me, and the next thing I knew, I felt myself landing on the ground...hard, and rolled twice before I stopped on my side.

This pain...is too much... I wanted to cry...but I can't... I can barely move my body... Everything sounds so peaceful and quiet now... I could actually hear the gentle rustle of the gentle breeze against the blades of grass, the rumbling thunder that came louder and louder by the second, the angry female scream shouting Shock's name...

...what?

A tiny spark...um...sparked on my nose, causing me to jerk to consciousness. I gasped for air, and coughed as I saw through my blurry eyes a sparking Pikachu a few meters in front of me.

"Who are you?" the female Pikachu asked. "And where is Sho—" she gasped, and suddenly ran towards me. Well, not really towards me, but she stopped close. "Shockie? Shockie?!"

Lithe must have tossed me close to them... The Growlithe stood from a distance, and shook his head. "I'll take the Vulpix, if you don't mind."

"What happened here?"

I coughed... I coughed again... I tried coughing louder this time...

Finally, I felt two paws grabbing my head. "Hey! Hey, you're awake!"

"He won't be, soon enough," Lithe growled.

"Gr..." ugh...talking hurts as well... "Growlithe...fed you...sleepy berries..."

Though blurry, I could tell the female Pikachu blinked in confusion. "He did what?"

I hope this lie works... "To...to hurt...Shockie..."

Hey, if I die, at least bring along the one who killed me.

The Pikachu gently put my head back down, and if I wasn't in total pain as I already am, my ears would have felt another wave of pain from the angry shout and violent roar of thunder from the Pikachu right next to me.

"B-B-Bill..." I hissed, barely even hearing my own voice from the loud clash of fire and lightning. "Tele, please..."

...a flash of light.

...yellow hands...

...a flash of white...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 56
"Vixie," I said as I stared at the setting sun as Vixie and I sat on a rock on this beach. I turned to her.

"Hm?" She was smiling as she stared at the golden orb that slowly returned to the sea. Her fine and beautiful(bleah) features were highlighted magically.

Unfortunately, none of these magical things were affecting my confusion, and I was pretty sure my face was showing it. "Where are we?" I then turned around, and looked around. The place seemed really peaceful and quiet, which disturbed me. "And the others?"

I looked at her.

She looked at me. She smiled.

I frowned.

"They're not important," she said softly.

I arched an eyebrow.

She placed a paw on top of my own. "Not right now, at least," she said as she leaned close.

I awkwardly leaned back, but I froze when our noses touched. I saw a weird shadow from the corner of my eye, but my gaze were locked on Vixie's beautiful eyes that made my throat dry.

She moved her head up, and licked my lips and nose in the process. She giggled as I jerked back, and I fell down on the sandy ground on my back.

"Wh-buh-hu..." Yeah, I'm a jumbling-mumbling mess at the moment.

Vixie poked her head over the edge of the rock, smiling down at me. Smiling down... Smiling as she eyed down... Oh god...

"No!" I shouted as I noticed her preparing to...drop herself on me. "No! No no no no no—" I tried to run away, but was too late, she was already on top of me, grinning as her two paws pinned my shoulders down.

"You've been a naughty prey," she growled, grinning.

My heart raced as I actually felt my pupils shrunk to dots.

She suddenly bit my neck with a 'rawr'. Well, not really. I mean, she did bit my neck, but not forcefully. She just bit my fur, and shook her head as she growled, all the while eying and grinning at me. ...and she was slowly working her way down.

I suddenly felt my shoulders were freed. I quickly pushed them up, if only I could. I suddenly found my paws, separately wrapped by two green vines, and forced them on the ground.

I shouted in horror as I then saw Fay and Shock — both grinning like maniacs — each holding down my hind legs as Vixie hungrily eyed my—!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Wow..." a voice echoed everywhere as I shut my eyes and waited for the inevitable. "You're a weird one if these arousing dreams are what you considered as nightmares..."

I ignored that annoying echo-voice as I tried to calm my racing heart by breathing fast and hard...shut up, brain.

I slowly opened an eye, and it was dark. Well, it was dark. Everything around me was dark.

I felt happy. I seriously felt really happy. Oh, god-damn it, it was all just a stupid dream!

I chuckled. I was still shaking all over, still breathing fast, and heart still racing, but I chuckled. Damn, I never felt so relieved.

"Definitely a weird one..."

I slowly rose up into a sitting position, and looked around. Weird that I can clearly see my own paws as if there was light, but everything around me was dark. Shouldn't I be awake by now?

I took a breath and called, "hello?"

Something suddenly appeared a foot or two in front of me. "Hi."

"Darkrai!" I shouted, jumping back and...and...what the heck am I supposed to do here?!

"Whoa, whoa! Easy!" he(?) said, waving his hands at me. Weird that I could actually see his features clearly despite the dark background. His white wavy 'hair' was...well, waving? And his light-blue eye, wasn't so...threatening? "I'm not going to hurt you!"

I...just froze there. Darkrai, right? A nightmare legendary than can turn itself into a shadow and can jump at you without you even knowing?

He sighed, dropping his hands on his sides. "Sorry about the nightmare I gave you. It happens each time I come near someone who's sleeping..."

...I guess I've pictured him way too wrong? "Darkrai?"

He strangely sighed in relief, and nodded. "Yes, that's me."

I blinked. "You're...um... You're weird." Is that even the right word to use?

He rolled his eye. "Says the one who considers having a sexy dream a 'nightmare'," he said.

I arched an eye. I shook my head. "Whatever. It's just that I..." I waved a paw, "...I pictured you to be more...tough? Serious? Scary?"

He actually chuckled. "Try being with Mew for a millennia. She managed to rub her childish ways on me," he shrugged.

I shook my head. "Okay, so uh..." I looked around, despite knowing there was nothing else to see around here. I ended up facing him, still feeling awkward. "You paid me a visit?"

"Yes," he nodded as he floated there.

I waited a few seconds, thinking he'll say something more. But after a few awkward and quiet seconds of nothing, I cleared my throat. "Um...why?"

He blinked in surprise. "Oh, right!" He fidgeted awkwardly, making me arch an eyebrow. "Celebi says you're a...um..." he waved a hand at me. "...human?"

I blinked. Wow, I didn't expect that. I nodded, feeling slightly hopeful.

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head. Damn, this Darkrai is weird... He completely destroyed how I pictured him. "Well um, Arceus sent me here to tell you that he'll look into it."

My hopes...dropped like an anvil as my eyebrow soared like a rocket. Am I being treated like those annoying agents on the phone? Arceus, the 'god' of all Pokémon, just told me to 'please hold' and hung up? "Bullsh*t."

Darkrai just blinked.

I stomped a paw on this dark ground and hissed. I glared at my own paw as I gritted my teeth. My eye twitched as I felt my blood boil.

...but why? Why the heck am I getting angry? Arceus just got notified that I shouldn't be here!

But what the actual f*ck! He just told me to wait for a moment? Can't his godly powers just, I dunno, send me back?! What the heck is far more important than my—!

I gasped and looked up. "You!" I shouted, stepping back and pointing a shaky paw at the blinking Darkrai. "You! You're the...y-you messed with the evolution gem thingy!"

He blinked. "What?" he asked with a flat tone.

"You're the one who caused every single Pokémon to devolve!" I shouted, feeling stupid that I'm actually saying this on my lonesome. He's a freaking legendary! Dream or not, he could kill me here if he wanted too, and I'm actually giving him a reason to!

I turned tail and ran away as I chanted to myself to wake up. This is a dream. MY dream, to be exact! And I want to wake up!

"What are you doing?" Darkrai's voice echoed as he hovered beside me.

In actuality, I seriously have no idea if I was really running or not. He was just...hovering there, staring weirdly at me.

"For the record," he said, crossing his arms, "I did NOT tamper with the evolution stone."

"Lies!" I should probably just shut up now. No idea why I felt like I shouldn't. "You're a dark-type! The Scizor told us that Mew felt your darkness around that stone!" I should also stop running now... I'm just tiring myself, strangely...

He blinked at me, uncrossing his arms. "Well, yes. Mew did told us she felt a dark essence there..." He closed his eye and shook his head. "But that wasn't me." He opened his eye and stared at me. "I haven't been there before. So," he actually shrugged again, "I have no idea where that stone is located." Then he glared at me. "And even if I do," his voice sounded...loud and scary, making me wince and stumble down.

I gasped as I felt his cold arms picking me up, helping me to stand back up. "C-cold arms," I shivered.

He shrugged as he let me go. "Anyway, no, I didn't do anything with it."

I looked down on the ground. "Then who?"

"No clue. And we legendaries are trying to figure that out as well."

I looked up at him. "For two months now?"

He scratched his arm with the other. "Well, actually, almost three months now, and it's rather difficult to solve this mystery if all we had was that dark essence to go by..."

I tilted my head to the side. "Then why not ask Dialga to open some time-portal thing to see what happened in there?"

He blinked. He blinked. He blinked. And oh, he blinked. "Huh..." he whispered. "We never thought of that..."

I facepawed.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 57
I woke up, and found myself staring at a white ceiling. I felt tired all over, and I wanted to fall back to unconsciousness. I could have easily have done that though, but after I turned to my left to have a more comfortable position on this comfy bed of mine, the crestfallen faces of Saur and Shock shook my sleepiness away. The two of them plus Fay were all seated on the bed right next to mine.

"Um," my throat felt itchy and dry. "Hey guys."

Saur and Shock just glanced at me, and went back to staring down. Fay, on the other hand, who's back was on me, turned to flash me a...rather pained smile.

"Hey, Jay," Fay chuckled, lowly. "Good to see you're awake."

It's strange that Fay was the one who greeted me. It felt like Shock or Saur should have been the ones doing the greeting. I forced myself up into a sitting position and ignored them for a short while as I scanned my surroundings.

We were inside a white four-walled room. The wall close to the bed's head had nothing but two picture frames. Opposite to that wall only had a door. The other two walls had glass windows, where I could see a hallway on the other, and a city under the golden hues of a...rising or setting sun.

I saw a bowl of water on the middle of my bed though, and beside it was my black collar, with a few holes on them. Huh, I guess that thing kind of saved me from Lithe's bites. Anyway, I satisfied my thirst first, which helped me with my throat problem. With that done, I returned my attention back to my friends.

I just then noticed their bandages. Saur around his forehead, Fay around her stomach, back, a paw and her tail, and Shock on one ear, and around his chest and back. I inspected myself and noticed that I had some around my neck, stomach and back, and on my right paw.

"So," I said, "what'd I miss?" I then slightly looked around again, double-checking. "Where's Vixie?" Not that I really care that much, anyway. She's a tough cookie.

I noticed my friends wince, making me arch an eyebrow.

Fay chuckled nervously at me. "Um... Lovely weather we're having?"

I furrowed my brows at her, ignoring the growing worry within me. "Fay. And the rest of you. Where's Vixie?"

Shock turned to look at me, and he tried to glare at me. Tried though. The intensity of his glare was...off, and...weak, and... "Why would you care, anyway?" He looked back down on the soft white bedding. "You don't care about her, anyway."

I gritted my teeth, forcing my mouth to not bite on that one. I turned to Saur. "Saur," he winced slightly, but didn't look away. "Where's Vixie?"

"She's...still recovering."

I blinked at him. I furrowed my brows as I glared at him. "No lie?"

He shook his head, slowly. "No lie."

I sighed in relief, if only slightly. I then rolled my eyes. "Sheesh, so she's still recovering. That's good to hear, right? Or..." I suddenly felt my throat dry again. "...she's not dying, right?"

"Of course not!" Shock suddenly shouted at me. He gritted his teeth and hissed as he looked away.

"What the f*ck is wrong then?!" I shouted back at him. He ignored me. "She's alive and recovering! What's the big deal then?!"

"The big deal—" Shock shouted as he turned and glared at me, and this time, I felt his glare, "—is that she's—!" he stopped. He opened and closed his mouth several times, but he sighed in frustration and looked away again.

Saur looked worried at him. "She's...in another room."

"A-and um," Fay stammered, keeping her back on me, "we...we just don't know if she's already awake or not! Yeah!"

"Uh huh," was my only flat reply. Yeah, I'm not buying it. I wore my collar back, and winced during the process, and glared at my so-called friends. I was about to ask why they were lying when the door of the room suddenly swung inward, Nurse Joy and a tall Chansey coming inside.

"Good afternoon, every—h-hey!" she yelped as I jumped down, bore the pain from landing on my four paws, and scurried out of the room.

Fay and the others called for me to come back, but I ignored them. They're clearly hiding something, and it's about Vixie, too.

The hallway felt really big and long for a small one like me, but I finally reached an intersection of sorts. I turned left, for it had the brightest of lights out of all the three.

Up ahead was the main hall of the Pokémon Center. Y'know, where trainers come in and out, and where another Nurse Joy was stationed at the counter. That's what's up ahead. A few inches in front of me was no other than a startled Vixie, and if I hadn't stop in time, I would have crashed into her.

"Vixie!" I gasped, taking deep breaths as I suddenly felt how tired I was for bearing my painful body.

She was surprised. She was conflicted. Her mouth curved in a loop of smiles and frowns.

I actually felt...relieved to see her okay. I smiled, but now that I'm here...erm... I should probably say something other than shouting her name though. Maybe after I've caught my brea—

"There you are," a teenaged boy said, stepping a few feet behind Vixie, who winced after she heard the guy. "You seriously need some training and discipline if you're going to run off like that!" The guy said as he pulled out a small Poké...ball...

My mouth dropped open in shock at the sight of the Pokéball, and I ignored the slow footsteps of my friends coming closer from the hallway behind me.

"Vi...Vi..." I stammered. I couldn't...believe it... I...

She looked away.

The Pokéball grew bigger after the trainer pressed the button on the middle of the device. "I already have an Eevee if you're looking for a good time. But," he pointed the ball at her, "that would be your reward if you decide to be a good Pokémon."

"Jay... I..." Vixie said, looking at me with tearful eyes, but she couldn't finish whatever she was going to say. A red aura enveloped her, and soon she was absorbed into the trainer's Pokéball.

"Vixie..." I whispered...at nothing...

"Go find another Vulpix, Eevee," the guy said before walking towards the exit. "It was trouble enough to catch her from those rampaging Growlithe and Pikachu in Viridian Forest." He shook his head. "Caught that strong Growlithe though, which is nice."

I snapped and inhaled sharply at that.

"Tsk, but that Pikachu got away. Missed that Abra, too..." he sighed.

Time seemed to slow down as I stared at the trainer's retreating form. Vixie was captured, by that guy... He stood in front of the door, waiting for them to slide open.

...he caught Lithe as well...

"Jay..." Fay whispered behind me.

I ignored her as I watched the trainer walk out, and as I felt hot all over...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 58
Elsewhere...

A huge and tall mountain stood taller than its neighboring mountains. From afar, one could say that half of the said mountain was already covered by the thick and peaceful white clouds. In reality, it actually does. Its peak was as white as snow, going down until it was only a few more kilometers before it reaches the area where mountain's earth and the clouds itself touched each other, where hues of brown and green colored the mountain until it's very base, with a wide and blue water crashing down.

The tall mountain's base was overgrown with trees as old as time itself, housing many magical creatures of different species. Some flew, others walked and crawled, and others swam. The forest was full of life and chatter as the creatures prepared to embrace the darkness of the night as the sun beyond began to set.

However, a strange wind blew on tree tops, silencing the creatures who've felt it. After a second, silence governed as each creature froze to concentrate on what it was.

Something was wrong, they thought. Something was approaching, they felt. Something big.

There it was again. That strange wind. It blew in the opposite direction of the calm air current. Everyone shivered.

Finally, something boomed, a strong gust of air blew over the trees as a bright and white light broke through the space far above a clearing. Some shrieked and yelped as they tried to hold their ground, trying their best not to be blown away, even though the shockwave of air wasn't strong enough to blow anything away but loose twigs and leaves.

A huge purple creature leaped out from the large portal. It looked down before it dropped itself on the clearing below. The gigantic creature would have created a miniature earthquake if it didn't hover a few feet above the ground before landing as gently as its massive body could. It still made a loud thud! when it landed, but it was better than a miniature earthquake, it's black companion clearly pointed out to it.

"Huh, I'm impressed," the black and small one said as it hovered just beside the tall creature's shoulder. This one was small that the giant purple one could actually eat it in one gulp. "That's actually a very big progress that you've showed me, Palkia."

Palkia rolled its red eyes as it slightly shook its head slightly.

Another giant creature, a dark blue one, emerged from the portal up above. The newcomer floated down slowly and landed gently beside the purple one. Blinking, the blue one darted its red eyes left and right as it looked around.

"Hm..." the blue one said as the portal high above them disappeared. "I was expecting your fourteen-hundred seventy-eighth crater, sis."

"Hah hah," the pink one glared at the blue one. "Your head could use a good crater."

"Now now, you two," the dark one said, floating in between them. It actually softened the giants' glares. "We don't want to destroy the other creature's homes around here, now do we?"

"No, Uncle Darkrai," Palkia grumbled.

Darkrai nodded at Palkia before it turned to the blue one. "Dialga?"

Dialga sighed, and then rolled its eyes. "No, Uncle Darkrai. We don't want to make the lives of those puny creatures to be more miserable than it already is..."

Darkrai quietly stared at the blue one.

Dialga grumbled and turned its eyes on the tall mountain. "Can we please just get this over with?" It turned once again and glared at Palkia. "I don't want to be anywhere near her."

Palkia growled low. "We actually agree on something for once, brother."

Dialga flashed a small smirk. "What? You can't stand yourself as well?"

Palkia roared at Dialga, it's gauntlet-like arms glowed bright pink as the air was filled with an other-worldly hiss.

Darkrai sighed and floated in between their line of glares. "I'm still here, you two..."

Palkia growled long and low as her arms dimmed and went back to normal, its glare never leaving its brother's teasing smirk.

Darkrai sighed again and murmured to itself, "I could use one of Mew's stolen candies right about now..."

"I can give you one if you'll let me punch a hole on that blue bastard's face."

"Deal!" Darkrai suddenly said.

Dialga gasped in surprise. "Wh-what? That is not fair!" he cried.

"I was joking," Darkrai said before turning its attention to the tall mountain. "Jokes aside, I ask you two to bear each others presence and work together of solving this mystery."

"Fine," the siblings grumbled in unison.

Darkrai then turned to the blue one. "Dialga," it extended a hand, gesturing at the mountain. "If you may?"

Dialga nodded and took a step. And another. And another, until his two giant front legs were barely touching the lines of trees. He stared at the mountain, his gaze working up, up, and up.

"Hm..." Dialga hmm'ed as he slowly worked his gaze back down. "Sis needs to go away while I do this one..."

"What?" Palkia asked, angry. "I didn't ask you to go away when I opened that portal to get here!"

Dialga looked over his shoulder to glare at her. "I'm serious. Your space-aura might break the time here and of the time I'll be opening."

Palkia and Darkrai blinked at him. Dialga ignored them and returned his attention back on the mountain.

Darkrai turned to Palkia. "Do as your brother asked, Palkia."

"Grr...fine," she turned and walked to the other edge of the clearing before turning back, ignoring its strong tail from creating a strong sweep on the trees behind her, eliciting a lot of startled cries as a cloud of earth, dust and leaves slowly settled back down.

Darkrai sighed and rubbed its head.

"What?" Palkia asked in annoyance...and in complete innocence.

"Nothing," Darkrai simply said before turning back to Dialga. "Good enough?"

Dialga simply shook his head.

Palkia huffed. "Fine!" She extended her wings and flew up, much to the small creature's relief.

"I should try and calm her down," Darkrai noted as it eyed the floating Palkia up above, who was obviously glaring daggers at Dialga. "Will you be fine on your lonesome?"

Dialga simply nodded, and Darkrai flew to Palkia.

Palkia stared at the approaching Darkrai, which helped her in calming down, if only for a bit. As soon as Darkrai settled on hovering beside her shoulder, she returned her angry gaze at her brother down below.

"Who do you suppose have caused this mess?" Darkrai asked, only to receive a low growl as a response. Darkrai rolled its eye. "Oh, but of course you'll blame him." It crossed its arms as it stared at the concentrating time dragon. "But my bet is on that Cresselia. I still think she wants to frame me of causing this."

"You and Aunt Cres are really angry at each other..." Palkia spoke out loud.

"I could say the same to you and your brother."

Palkia growled lowly at that.

Darkrai crossed its arms. "It's not really my fault if Mew favors me more than her."

Down below, Dialga had his eyes closed as he concentrated. Suddenly, he opened his eyes, his pupils glowed in hues of white and blue.

"Now...let me see..."

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 59
Darkness.

The air was cold and still, and undisturbed.

Nothing could be heard but the occasional droplets of water that either lands on solid ground or on a small puddle of water.

A loud booming noise suddenly erupted from the used-to-be-dark cavern, which was now engulfed in bright white flashes of light as an enormous portal appeared from one of its walls.

The cave-dwelling creatures of the area shrieked in fright. Some flapped their leathery wings to fly away, while those bound on the ground worked their claws, feet and slithery bodies to flee from the sudden source of their terrifying awakening.

A purple creature leaped out from the portal —THUD!— and bumped it's massive head on a giant stalactite, much larger than the wincing purple dragon.

"Is it too late to say to watch where you're going?" a blue dragon said as it emerged from the very same portal and landed gently on the cavern floor below.

The purple dragon hissed and dropped itself down, crushing a stalagmite or two in the process.

A small and dark creature then emerged from the portal, and hovered in between the giant dragons.

Finally, the swirling portal vanished, washing the cavern once again in total darkness.

"It's too dark in here," muttered the dark one, "even for my taste..."

"Oh?" the blue dragon said as it began to radiant a faint blue aura around its massive body. "That is strange to hear, coming from you, Uncle Darkrai..."

The faint blue light was enough for the three creatures to see enough detail of their surroundings.

Darkrai shrugged, and then looked around. "I believe the gem should be...around here?"

"Palkia must have made a mistake..." the blue dragon glared at the purple one.

Palkia hissed at the blue one, as its body started to glow with faint purple light. "Be quiet, Dialga. It was you who have told us where to go."

"Visitors of the gem, perhaps?" a voice echoed in the cavern, silencing the two arguing dragons. A gray spherical boulder suddenly began to move from a corner. Slowly, strong sets of arms and feet pulled out from it. It stood, turned around slowly, and an old yet smiling face greeted the legendary trio. "Are you here to test and see if you are worthy of evolution?"

The trio blinked at him. Palkia wanted to break the piece of rock for not addressing her as a legendary. Dialga was in awe for it was his first time for a normal creature to address him normally.

Darkrai was just wondering how a rock could move and talk. Then again, he already have seen a living ice cream and a living cotton candy in one of its and Mew's adventures a long time ago. Then again, he probably have already seen living rocks before, though he probably didn't pay them enough attention to care for their existence.

Blinking back to the scene at hand, Darkrai floated lower and settled in front of the old Golem. "We're..."

"Huh," the old Golem scratched its chin in wonder. "You are a weird-looking Dusknoir, if you don't mind me saying."

Darkrai just blinked at him. It doesn't actually know what a Dusknoir is, nor is the Pokémon before it. "Yes. Excuse me, old...rock thing, but may you tell us where the gem is?"

The Golem nodded. "You are very lost if you've reached this high part of the mountain. The gem is located far below, though—"

Palkia roared as she created a massive white portal underneath the four of them. They all glowed in white as the portal absorbed them, and vanished the instant they landed on a rather very well lit cavern.

The creatures living in the area yelped in surprise from the four's sudden appearance

"—I wonder how you could have missed it. The Pokémon living around the entrance of this mountain would have directed you there," the Golem continued to explain.

"Is that it?" Dialga asked, staring far ahead where the light was coming from.

"Huh?" the Golem asked, turning to the same direction. "Why yes, yes that is it." He smiled. "My my. How did we got here so quickly? I must be getting very old if I couldn't notice the time..."

The giant dragons ignored him as they flew towards the light.

Darkrai said its thanks and good byes to the old Golem before floating after them. As it followed them, it noticed that there were fewer and fewer Pokémon around the cavern, until there were no more. Or maybe some of the rocks lying around are probably sleeping Pokémon, it thought.

Emerging from the tunnel-like cavern, Darkrai noticed that the gem was glowing brightly, but not bright enough for it not to notice it's crystal-like features.

The gem had an almost transparent color, and towered even beyond the large cavern's ceiling. It stood in the very middle of a calm body of water, where other smaller and almost-transparent stalagmite-like gems surrounded the giant gem.

"Reminds me of that large crystal in Anistar where Mew visits her friend Dian...Deian..." Darkrai said as it stared at the crystal. "...the name escapes me at the moment..." It then turned to Dialga. "You said that whoever was responsible came here, correct?"

Dialga nodded. "It was during ... as you call it, a new moon. The darkness of the evening could easily hide its presence, but it's companion was easy to spot."

Darkrai nodded. Dialga have told them that he saw two beings stealthily going inside the cave. They were suspicious, but it could have been nothing. But he kept on watching that timeline, and after almost an hour after the two creatures went inside the cave, a much darker-colored wave of energy erupted from the colossal mountain.

Dialga's eyes started to glow.

Darkrai took notice of this. "Is it okay for you to see through time in here?"

"We are in a closed space." Dialga replied automatically. "Palkia's presence won't be a hindrance."

Palkia was silent, but it took a few steps back, just in case.

Darkrai followed Palkia by giving the dragon of time some space. It hovered back and settled on floating beside the dragon of space.

Dialga glowed in a faint blue light. Faint white wisps of other-worldly aura swirled around him as he concentrated. Hiss fin-like metal-gray wing glowed in white. Finally, Dialga roared, creating a wave that grayed everything around them. Everything except for the trio of legends, where Palkia and Darkrai blinked and turned to see two four-legged creatures emerging from the long tunnel behind.

The two beings, just like their surroundings, were removed of color. The one walking up front was darker. It had a sleek body, two pointed ears and a bushy tail. Its ears and tail had a lighter shade of rings on them.

The other quadruped creature had a lighter tone of color. It had slender legs and dainty paws. Its ears were large, it has tufts of fur near its eyes, and had a small gem on its forehead.

Darkrai held a breath of awe. Never have it thought that they could actually see the events of the past. Why Dialga never have done this while outside puzzles it. It probably has something to do with closed spaces, as Dialga mentioned earlier.

"There it is," the darker quadruped creature said in awe, it's voice that of a male.

His companion shivered and stopped. It nervously took a look back at the dark tunnel behind them. "I...I am starting to doubt that this is a g-good idea..." she said, her voice that of a female, her tone full of doubt and nervousness. She looked back at her male companion. "I...I really think we shouldn't be here."

"What's with you?" the dark one asked in annoyance as he turned around to glare at her. "We've done so much research and already gotten this far! We can't stop now!" He looked back at the brightly-glowing tower of gem. "We'll be the greatest Eevees in the whole world! We can evolve to our different evolution branches at will! We'll be the first two that could achieve such greatness! We will never have to worry about being weak to other elements! We'll be invincible! We'll be..." he paused, took a breath, turned, and smiled victoriously at his doubtful companion. "...legendaries!"

"Insanity!" Palkia growled, creating a distorted wave around them.

"Hush, sister," Dialga said in annoyance, his eyes still glowing as he stared at the scene of the past. "Don't break the sequence, or you might accidentally alter the past."

Palkia growled lowly, not understanding this whole time-thing Dialga was spattering about, but altering the past is bad, that much she knows, so she kept quiet and controlled herself as the scene before them continued on Dialga's command.

Actually, now that she thought about it, changing this exact moment in the past wouldn't be a bad thing, would it? She is not certain, but she will have to remember to ask this to Arceus if she were to be given a chance of meeting it.

"Now, come on!" the dark one said in a mix of excitement, impatience, and annoyance, snapping Palkia's attention back to the scene. "Let's begin the extraction!"

"The...extraction..." Darkrai repeated in a whisper as it and the two dragons watched.

The lighter one gulped nervously and slowly, slowly, walked towards her impatient companion.

"Ugh..." the dark one growled, hurried behind his startled female companion, and pushed her forward with his head on her— "You're in heat? Already?" he asked with a slight shiver of excitement. "Is that why you're being so nervous?" he chuckled as he stood beside her, and nuzzled her neck.

"U-um..."

"Don't worry," the dark one whispered, still nuzzling her. "After this, we'll deal with that problem of yours."

The lighter one shivered, but tried her best to nuzzle him back. They have been together for a long time now, going out on adventures. He promised that this would be their last adventure. After this, they'll settle down, start a family, and live a peaceful and loving life together. That recollection alone made her feel confident enough to swallow her nervousness. After their little show of affection, she took a breath and nodded, looking at him with determination. "Okay. For our last adventure."

The dark one arched an eyebrow, and chuckled. "Last? Hey," he nuzzled her again. "Every single day together with you is an adventure."

Darkrai took note of that one. "Celebi might learn a few things from these couple."

Dialga rolled his glowing eyes.

"Okay," the dark one said, stepping aside and turned his attention at the glowing tower of gem.

He and his partner adjusted their paws and started concentrating, their energies making their bodies glow faintly.

A melodic hum started echoing around the cavern, making Dialga blink in confusion. The gray scene before them started to fade as Dialga lost his concentration.

"Dialga?" Darkrai asked, turning to the dragon. "Is something..."

The cavern they were in was back to normal. They were now seeing their own time, where the evolution gem was humming as it glowed brighter and brighter.

"...wrong..." Darkrai breathed out.

"Evolution," a new voice said, coming from the tunnel. The tree legendaries turned and saw the old Golem slowly walking towards them. "My my. It's been such a long time since I last saw the gem this bright." He took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the glowing gem before he addressed the confused legendaries. "Right. So, which one of you has been granted of evolution?"

The three blinked at him.

Back