• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Years
Updated with some fixes:
  • You can now talk to your pokemon while surfing (if enabled)
  • Not only is there a setting for surfing pokemon to follow you, there's also now a setting that lets flying/levitating/user defined pokemon also follow you over the water
  • Follower should refresh after evolving
  • Switching from your party screen no longer can make non-applicable pokemon appear while surfing
  • Having an egg first in your party hides the follower sprite
  • Having an egg first or a fainted pokemon first no longer shows step animations in grass
  • Switching between pokemon on the water no longer sometimes displays the incorrect animation
  • Someone mentioned a problem with bridges. There is no problem, if you have your bridge tile set correctly and use pbBridgeOn it works perfectly

Just to clarify the problem I'm having right now using Dialga here as an example. Basically, I'm trying to get the animation to look like this.
Spoiler:

But instead, it looks like this:
Spoiler:

I've tried to modify the code to where it's on a walking basis instead of a stepping basis, but nothing I do seems to help, and it's frustrating me.

Update: The follower now uses the proper walk cycle, and issuing move routes to the follower now works, recopy script.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Found two bugs with this.

1. When entering a map that always has you on a bicycle, ie Cycling Road, the "recall" sound effect constantly plays until the game eventually crashes. Even recalling the Pokemon ahead of time causes the game to crash.
2. When using Dive, the game treats the underwater map like any other map, making you walk on the floor of the river/ocean/lake/etc. and not be able to get back up.

Years
Found two bugs with this.

1. When entering a map that always has you on a bicycle, ie Cycling Road, the "recall" sound effect constantly plays until the game eventually crashes. Even recalling the Pokemon ahead of time causes the game to crash.
2. When using Dive, the game treats the underwater map like any other map, making you walk on the floor of the river/ocean/lake/etc. and not be able to get back up.

Update: Fixed transferring to cycle-only maps crashing, and diving underwater now works properly. There's a setting that allows or disallows water type followers to follow you when underwater.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
If only there were some sort of instructions that explicitly tell you how to set up the events that start the following.

Man nice script indeed but I have a problem. When I heal my pokemon I want to make the pokemon behind me come back to the pokeball so I can give pokeballs to the nurse.. I tried everything when I heal my pokemon just keep behind me, How can I setup a script to make it work?
Ty anyways and sorry for my horrible english ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
i keep getting an error on line 746
tform = ($Trainer.party[0].form && $Trainer.party[0].form>0) ? "_"+$Trainer.party[0].form : ""

error is
Message: Section196:746:in `+'cannot convert Fixnum into String

changing +$Trainer.party[0].form to +$Trainer.party[0].form.to_s resolves the issue

The same with line 326, needs to be
+form.to_s

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
If only there were some sort of instructions that explicitly tell you how to set up the events that start the following.

sorry about that! I found a bug, if you spam ctrl then you can breach through non passable tiles.

Years
i keep getting an error on line 746
tform = ($Trainer.party[0].form && $Trainer.party[0].form>0) ? "_"+$Trainer.party[0].form : ""

error is
Message: Section196:746:in `+'cannot convert Fixnum into String

changing +$Trainer.party[0].form to +$Trainer.party[0].form.to_s resolves the issue

The same with line 326, needs to be
+form.to_s

I could have sworn I fixed that a while ago, must not have saved. Anyway, fixed in the post now.

Years
  • Age 22
  • RD
  • Seen May 9, 2016
mej help plz
when i talk to my pokemon
it appears a roleplay error and the game closes :(
help plz!!!! how do i fix it???

Years
mej help plz
when i talk to my pokemon
it appears a roleplay error and the game closes :(
help plz!!!! how do i fix it???

You could start by actually posting the error, otherwise I have no idea what's wrong. My initial guess is you didn't follow my instructions exactly.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Made a minor update to fix Blacking Out from removing your follower, please update your script.
Everytime I use transfer Player the animation of the pokemon coming out of the pokeball will play again, is that normal or something I should fix? Because its kinda annoying. Ty very much

Years
Everytime I use transfer Player the animation of the pokemon coming out of the pokeball will play again, is that normal or something I should fix? Because its kinda annoying. Ty very much

That's normal. If you want to stop that, find where the transferring occurs, and add the red part to this line
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite[COLOR="Red"](false)[/COLOR]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
That's normal. If you want to stop that, find where the transferring occurs, and add the red part to this line
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite[COLOR="Red"](false)[/COLOR]
NO worries then.....If it is normal It will stay like that. Ty very much.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
when i talk to the pokemon or just go through a door i get this error... (i'm using pokemon essentials v16.1 with gen 6 added)
Spoiler:

How can i fix it?

Last edited:
Years
when i talk to the pokemon or just go through a door i get this error... (i'm using pokemon essentials v16.1 with gen 6 added)
Spoiler:

How can i fix it?

You have to close rmxp before replacing Animations.rxdata
You did not.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
https:// gyazo. com/a71040141afb1f934ed62a294002e796 - I cannot post links yet.
I was using your follower script and I noticed that this happen when I try to cross connected maps. I was in my game testing route 2 and Doyle city and this happened.
Tell me is this a bug or not ...or a known bug that is not fixed yet. Thank you very much once again

Back