• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
I noticed some mistakes that happen with HGSS (but not DPPt) when trying to change the Wild Pokémon:
_Saving on any given Wild map will swap the third and fourth rows' levels for the Pokémon you get by Walking;
_Surfing rate is not read at all;
_In place of the Surfing rate SMSDE reads instead the max level for the 1% row while surfing;
_Saving on any given Wild map will save that value on both the Surfing rate and the 1% Surfing row max level bytes.

Here are the lines you want to check in Form9 Wild Editor.cs:
Code:
line 1014 should be numericUpDown22.Value = readWild.ReadByte()
line 1437 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown68.Value)
line 1438 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown67.Value)
line 1014 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown22.Value)

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2019
You, sir, are a god, but unfortunately I've got a problem.
See, I use blender, and I imported a map I was going to edit (from HGSS) When the map showed up in blender, everything was textureless... That wouldn't be a problem, except for the paths and flowers on the ground... I really don't want to have to get used to a different modeling program, please help. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
I am having some issues using this tool with SoulSilver. For some reason it is showing that New Bark Town uses Texture 15, but that is not correct. The trees that are part of Texture 15 aren't the correct ones.

sshot-1.png

sshot-4.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
I'm fairly new to this modding community and I am interested in using SDME but I keep getting an error once I try loading a rom. I have downloaded SoulSilver, HeartGold, Diamond, and Platinum. I have downloaded the roms from multiple websites so I don't think they are corrupt. Am I supposed to convert the file or anything like that? Any Help is appreciated.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm fairly new to this modding community and I am interested in using SDME but I keep getting an error once I try loading a rom. I have downloaded SoulSilver, HeartGold, Diamond, and Platinum. I have downloaded the roms from multiple websites so I don't think they are corrupt. Am I supposed to convert the file or anything like that? Any Help is appreciated.

Alrighty, first of all, download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, then make sure SDSME is at the root of the C:\ directory. Secondly, run the program as Administrator (you can also make it permanent by right clicking SDSME, click properties, click compatibility tab and select "Always run as Administrator" box, then click OK).

That should solve most of the problems that you currently have. I hope it helps! ^^

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Thank you, that really helped. Any advice on where to find a good tutorial?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2022
Hi guys, the Download link is down. Is it just for me or is it happenning with someone else?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Seems to work fine for me. Either way, the GitHub link will always work.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
can someone tell me how to look up a specific map?

I can make it go from the header to the wild pokes or events, but i can't figure out how to change the map from there.

it's frustrating, because i'm tired of looking through 600+ maps trying all 60+ tilesets to see if its the right map.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've been working on fixing a few of the bugs in some of SDSME's editors recently and figured I'd share my updated source code.

So far I've done the following:
  • Fixed the DPPt wild editor; it now saves fishing encounters to the correct location and doesn't corrupt encounter data
  • Added ball capsule (all gen IV games) and ability (HGSS only) editors to the trainer editor. This data was being overwritten in earlier versions
  • Rearranged the trainer selection box; you can now search for a trainer by name instead of having to scroll through the entire list, as in pk3DS
  • Added auto-suggestion to all wild Pokemon and trainer editor combo boxes (e.g. typing "ea" in a move selection box will bring up Earthquake instead of Ember followed by Absorb)

I'm currently working on getting the script editor to actually save changes, though the code is hard to read so it's going to take some time. Once I've fixed all the bugs I plan to add a few more editors to SDSME, such as move, item and Pokemon editors.

Source is available here: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/SDSME

There are no compiled versions right now, and some of the modified UIs are a bit messy, but everything I've modified should be safe to use.

I noticed some mistakes that happen with HGSS (but not DPPt) when trying to change the Wild Pokémon:
_Saving on any given Wild map will swap the third and fourth rows' levels for the Pokémon you get by Walking;
_Surfing rate is not read at all;
_In place of the Surfing rate SMSDE reads instead the max level for the 1% row while surfing;
_Saving on any given Wild map will save that value on both the Surfing rate and the 1% Surfing row max level bytes.

Here are the lines you want to check in Form9 Wild Editor.cs:
Code:
line 1014 should be numericUpDown22.Value = readWild.ReadByte()
line 1437 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown68.Value)
line 1438 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown67.Value)
line 1014 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown22.Value)
I've also included all of these fixes except the last one due to the typo, though I'll get that sorted too at some point. If you still know which line that code was supposed to be on, and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

I know this is a long shot, but if you're still around Spiky, I'd appreciate a chance to ask you a few questions about the source code.

Years
  • Age 26
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 10, 2021
I've been working on fixing a few of the bugs in some of SDSME's editors recently and figured I'd share my updated source code.

So far I've done the following:
  • Fixed the DPPt wild editor; it now saves fishing encounters to the correct location and doesn't corrupt encounter data
  • Added ball capsule (all gen IV games) and ability (HGSS only) editors to the trainer editor. This data was being overwritten in earlier versions
  • Rearranged the trainer selection box; you can now search for a trainer by name instead of having to scroll through the entire list, as in pk3DS
  • Added auto-suggestion to all wild Pokemon and trainer editor combo boxes (e.g. typing "ea" in a move selection box will bring up Earthquake instead of Ember followed by Absorb)

I'm currently working on getting the script editor to actually save changes, though the code is hard to read so it's going to take some time. Once I've fixed all the bugs I plan to add a few more editors to SDSME, such as move, item and Pokemon editors.

Source is available here: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/SDSME

There are no compiled versions right now, and some of the modified UIs are a bit messy, but everything I've modified should be safe to use.

I've also included all of these fixes except the last one due to the typo, though I'll get that sorted too at some point. If you still know which line that code was supposed to be on, and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

I know this is a long shot, but if you're still around Spiky, I'd appreciate a chance to ask you a few questions about the source code.

Hey, how do I like, apply or whatever the updated source code you did?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, how do I like, apply or whatever the updated source code you did?

You'd have to download the source code and compile it using Visual Studio, which is a free but kinda big download. Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a while, I plan to have a compiled release with a fixed script editor uploaded sometime in the next two weeks once my exams are over.

BM_Animation

Bruno [DS]
Years
Can you make a sort of "Music Associate" ?... Like Towns....

But we can associate music to specific trainer classes.... Like Youngster boy i want associate to Youngster Class the Twinleaf Town OST.... So if we add new trainer class... and i add new song to the SDAT File... we can associate new files or original files to specific class.

Years
  • Age 26
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 10, 2021
You'd have to download the source code and compile it using Visual Studio, which is a free but kinda big download. Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a while, I plan to have a compiled release with a fixed script editor uploaded sometime in the next two weeks once my exams are over.

Yeah I can wait. I do have Visual Studio but by the time I plan to test this tool out you should have the compiled release up.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024

Yeah I can wait. I do have Visual Studio but by the time I plan to test this tool out you should have the compiled release up.
Just a quick update on this: I've released a compiled version for anyone who wants it, but haven't been able to get the script editor working yet. I was hoping that the function that saves changes to scripts was the only major problem with 1.9.0's editor, but it seems that other parts of it are broken as well. I haven't been able to identify which parts just yet, so it may be quite some time before I can get a fix up.

Years
  • Age 26
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 10, 2021
Just a quick update on this: I've released a compiled version for anyone who wants it, but haven't been able to get the script editor working yet. I was hoping that the function that saves changes to scripts was the only major problem with 1.9.0's editor, but it seems that other parts of it are broken as well. I haven't been able to identify which parts just yet, so it may be quite some time before I can get a fix up.

Ooh, I'll take the compiled release. Wasn't planning on editing scripts anyway.

inared

Just a PokéCommunity User.
Years
Splendid.

This Rom-hack tool it's needed for my new ROM-HACK of Pokémon Sun Diamond.
I'm starting to make it, Right now.

Last edited:
Back