• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Urgh, this mailing process is taking forever. >:( At least the hurricane/tropical storm is gone now, so we didn't lose power around here. I should be glued to my email for the next few days.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm still waiting for my email, but today is Sunday, so it may not come in today. :3 My emails are also being flooded by Tumblr which has nothing to do with Harry Potter, unless you count seeing a lot of Draco Malfoy humor on there.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
No email on Sundays, just like no post on Sundays, huh? XP I actually learnt "no post on Sunday's" from HP. I just hadn't noticed before...

I'm unsure. When Ravenclaw was in the lead by like 1,000 members or something like that, Slytherin was in second. For the most part, Slytherin is the one that's always had the least amount of members. Even thought they're closer now, I don't think all too much that the amount of members in the houses would play much of a threat against ones with lesser numbers. If you think about it, the way the house functions probably will play more of a threat. To my knowledge, since Pottermore opened, most of the time it was Ravenclaw and Slytherin neck and neck for the lead and that makes sense when you look at the house with both of them being achievement-oriented houses. At the moment, Hufflepuff is in last place, and it's the house with the second largest number of members. Slytherin is the one with the least, and it's only 400 points away from getting the lead again.

Wow, that actually is really interesting. I wonder if JK predicted it would turn out that way. If so..those questions are really good @~@

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Still waiting anxiously for my Welcome email. Good to know none came when the power went out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Tip for spell casting in Pottermore:

Spoiler:

I felt this should be somewhere so that people wouldn't sit there wondering why they weren't getting the spells right like I did for two days. x___x

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
My sister got a welcome email today, but I didn't. Epic rage >:< But it glitched on Ollivander's so she couldn't get her wand and continue XD It's sort of annoying because even I wanted to know what house she'd be in XD

Oh, she got put into Slytherin. If I get into Hufflepuff when she got into Slytherin...how humiliating ;_;

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I want to rage rn. OMG JUST GIVE ME MY LETTER ALREADY POTTERMORE!!

Bleh, whatever. But seeing that some of you guys already started playing then it makes me happy....kind of. ;;

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I want to rage rn. OMG JUST GIVE ME MY LETTER ALREADY POTTERMORE!!
Sure, and what about fast-forwarding to October? That might be just the thing to put off my rage.

Need. To. Start. Another. Topic. Might be reminiscing but oh, well.
So do you guys remember the first time when you affiliated yourselves with the HP universe? How was it? What led you to it? I'm eager to know. ;D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
So do you guys remember the first time when you affiliated yourselves with the HP universe? How was it? What led you to it?
Well, duh. Ever since I was born obviously! :3
I mean, the Harry Potter series is my life after all. :P

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I can't wait any longer!! At this point I really don't care what House I end up in, or the wand I get. I just want to get in!! [/end rant]

So do you guys remember the first time when you affiliated yourselves with the HP universe? How was it? What led you to it?

Oh yes. Never realized how reading a book again felt so good. Cause before HP, I loathed reading books.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Re: Sorting: I'm thoroughly convinced that I did something wrong in my sorting. I should be a Gryffindor.

I followed the owl! -- I don't remember how old I was, I just know that my grandparents brought over the first book for Christmas one year when I was really rather young. I want to say it was 1999, but I don't want to be wrong. But for the past few years, my obsession increased. I'd like to say the first time I got obsessed over the world was when the third book came out.

Now I listen to Wizard rock, listen to the podcasts, obsessively reread the books looking for foreshadowing and watch the movies more times than I can count - as if I didn't do that enough as it was. Sometimes I even dress up and go out in public like it. Back in 2006 and 2008 I used to go to a lot of Harry Potter roleplaying forums, but have since stopped doing so. I plan to go to LeakyCon too!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You know, there's always been one thing about the third book which I read and I've never really forgotton. It's when Harry's about to go on the Knight Bus and when the conductor asks for his name he mentions he's Neville Longbottom, whereas in the movie, he just says he didn't say what his name was.

Fun fact about that bus: when they filmed the scene the bus was only going at 35-40 miles and all the cars were going twice as slow, and then they sped it up. Pretty cool way to think about it if I say so myself. ^+^

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
You know, there's always been one thing about the third book which I read and I've never really forgotton. It's when Harry's about to go on the Knight Bus and when the conductor asks for his name he mentions he's Neville Longbottom, whereas in the movie, he just says he didn't say what his name was.

Fun fact about that bus: when they filmed the scene the bus was only going at 35-40 miles and all the cars were going twice as slow, and then they sped it up. Pretty cool way to think about it if I say so myself. ^+^

Haha, that's neat!

I remember most of the differences between the movie and book of HP1.

Ron instead of Neville in the Forbidden Forest, crap I forgot the rest...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
When I was on vacation once (well, I say vacation but it was just a trip into nowhere-land to visit my extended family), my mom picked up the first three books from the grocery store since she heard they were good. I wasn't excited or anything but once we read the first chapter together, I was absolutely hooked. A week later, by the time we were on the plane home, I was starting the third book and then a few days after that, began the agonizingly long wait for book 4. XD;

I don't remember exactly when that was though. All I know is that it was recent enough that Philosopher's Stone is a paperback... but the other two are hardcover and, I think, first prints. (And PS is early enough that the error on the list of supplies in the Hogwarts letter still has the erroneous second wand listed. :P)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I remember how I received the first books, playing the game on my uncle's PS1, and how I waited for the final three books. /awesome memory.

The first four books were a gift from my godmother - she revealed them to me when she opened the trunk of her car. Then at my Nonna's house, my Uncle was staying there. He had Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the PS1 - which was strangely addictive. I currently have the game and am searching eBay for a controller and memory card I need so I can return back one of my favorite childhood games.

I received the fifth book for a birthday present, and was fairly happy. Then through school I ordered the Half-Blood Prince, but to my dismay it came to my possession as a Christmas Special of a different book. I started crying and they helped me replace it. Then Mum bought me the final book when I was at school. It was a nice surprised, and I was distant from all signs of life for the next two days until I finished it.

Tada.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, sort of, it took me a while to get into it though. I got the 3rd book from my uncle, I read a bit of it but didn't get it (since I didn't know what it was about), so I just left it on the shelf. A supply teacher we had once loved HP, and read the first chapter of the first book out to us, but I can't concentrate well when other people read stuff out so I didn't listen. Then the 4th book came out and everyone was saying how huge it was...so I tried to read the 3rd again but still didn't like it. I don't know who gave us the 4th, but I read the first chapter and liked it, so I got the 1st book out from the school library...well...it was the first book I ever loved :D It took me 5 days to read in between school, and that's all I did when I got home. My parents were amazed I was reading so much XD And that's how it began.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I remember that, since my copy of the first book was paperback, and the rest were hardcover, I later went on and bought the hardcover copy of PS/SS. Just to keep it consistent. Don't know what happened to the paperback copy though...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I always wanted to go buy a hardcover copy too but could never quite convince myself it was worth it. :'(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Hardcover is so much better!

You should totally go out and buy the hardcover copies!

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
All of mine are hardcover except PS and CoS. And urgh, the version of PS I have is one of those stupid special shiny ones so its 100 times easier to make creases and shows up 100 times more than usual paperback >_< I didn't even want to buy that one, it was just the only one they had in Asda at the time ;_;

Back