• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Maractus Vs. Simisage!

It doesn't matter that Maractus is the newest Cacnea!

• [img]http://media.pldh.net/pokecons/556.png[/img]

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • [img]http://media.pldh.net/pokecons/512.png[/img]

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
556.gif
6219A.png
512.gif

This week's poll is between two Grass Types with fairly high HP and Sp. Atk stats, but who will win your vote?

Will it be Maractus, the pure manifestation of a Water Type's nightmares with it's Chlorophyll to outspeed and destroy via SolarBeam and oher abilities that render Water Types useless, or Simisage, the copycat of the starters, being able to have Overgrow ability via Events? Or is it because of other reasons, such as design, in-game use or even just pure strength.

Vote know to show you're support for the better Pokemon!​

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Simisage simply because I find that it looks better then the other one that I can't even spell.

Years
I went with Simisage cos it has much better usable stats, balanced Attack and Special Attack, meaning it can go physical, special or both. It also has a neat TM movepool to work with, getting moves like Rock Slide, Brick Break and Acrobatics, all of which are very handy. Also, I love monkeys due to my Chinese Zodiac sign.

Maractus may have nice Special Attack and gets Water-type immunity with Storm Drain/Water Absorb but sadly its pretty mediocre and doesn't learn much moves that aren't Grass-type.

Simisage would definitely beat Maractus easily with an Acrobatics, so he wins.

ZePokemonGuy

PokeTuber Novice
Years
I went with Simisage just because if you start with either Oshawott or Tepig, then you can raise your Pansage into a Simisage and still get that feeling that you've had a decent Grass type Pokemon from the start.
Plus his bush mohawk is awesome. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Simisage > Maractus. Not only does it have a cool hairdo, it also has better Speed and a better movepool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Simisage is best imo. Stronger and has access to awesome stuff like Nasty Plot :3

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
I don't care for either Pokemon and don't plan on using them either, but if i had to pick i'd use Simisage any day over Maractus

Years
Enough cactus Pokemon.

Simisage is overall the cooler one, imo.
It's got to have one of my favorite designs in B/W.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm tossing it up between the two, Maractus does have an amazing ability in my opinion and it's an adorable cactus, but its movepool honestly for me is rather shallow. Also Simisage has access to brilliant moves like Nasty Plot which can wreck through teams, it has a badass sort of appearance and I find it more diverse, so I think my pick will go to Simisage! :D.

Years
I haven't really used either... but I guess I'll have to go with Simisage. First of all, it's got an afro. While I like Maractus's design.. there still isn't an afro. I do think that maractus would probably be more fun to use ingame, just cuz you get it later, and it's more interesting of a pokemon (since there are two other monkeys and only one other cactus pokemon). As for competitive, I'd go with Simisage. I'm not sure what Maractus really does, but I know Simi can set up a few Nasty Plots and wreak havoc, so I'll go with the afro-monkey on this one! :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For battling I go with Pansage/Simisage, great attack and move sets, but for design I'll go with Maractus - I wish there was an option for picking both....

in Pokemon I usually go with Pokemon design as reason for loving Pokemon so my vote will go with Maractus.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I wish there was an option for picking both....

You probably could've just simply not voted at all, it wouldn't make much of a difference that way.

Anyway, I've voted for Simisage. I love the beehive-like hairstyle on its head. While Maractus looks adorable, I think that her yellow eyes look quite scary to be honest.

Back