• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Found massive stash of cards - Need help!

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Hi there. I know there are some threads to help valuing cards, but this is kinda big so i decided to make a thread of my own.

Thing is, not too long ago i was at a recycling station. Here i found a massive folder filled with pokemon cards in the drawer of some old furniture. I'm not very good with pokemons, so i decided to seek help here :D

I wish to sell the cards, as i don't really have any interest in keeping them. I want to know what they are worth, how they can best be sold and where.

Below is a list of the pokemons in the folder (Trainers, Energy and stuff like that will be added later) sorted after the rarity icons and their names in alphabetical order - amount of each pokemon is included, as well as if they are glittering.
If there is something that cathces your eyes, feel free to ask for details i may have forgotten/don't know about. I can also provide time-stamped photos if required.

Also, some of the cards has a "1'st edition" badge thingy, which i was told made them more valuable.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION:

Rare Pokemon's:
Spoiler:

Pokemon's i can't figure out the rarity of:
Spoiler:

Uncommon Pokemon's:
Spoiler:

Common Pokemon's:
Spoiler:

Thank you for your time :D
I will post the list of trainer/energy stuff later

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Without the sets, this doesnt help much. Pictures would be useful.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Didn't know what you meant with "sets" at first, but i think i got it figured out now.

Every single card is generation 1 & 2 as far as i can tell. All the year-numbers on the bottom at the cards Range from 1995 to 2001

I will try to take a picture of some of the rares just to give you an idea about everything.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
You could just start collecting? :D

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Nah, my interests are elsewhere atm, and it would be a shame to have these lie about in the home of an unenthusiastic collector :3

I do believe my younger self would have been mindblown by this collection however xD

Edit: I updated the "Rare" section with set numbers and notifications on whether they are holographic and/or 1st Editions.

Also, is this website a good place to base your pricings off?
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
That is not exactly the best website to base pricings off of. Using the "Show Only Completed Listings" feature on eBay, though, you can look up what a card has sold for (sold listings have green prices, while unsold listings have red prices) by calculating the average selling price for all the recently sold listings of a card (pay close attention to the details, because the 1st edition listings of a card will show up even in a search for the non-1st edition listings because of how the search feature on eBay works). The average price of the recently sold eBay listings is much more accurate for determining the value of a card.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sets actually is not about generation. It's about what package it was released in. You should see a symbol on the bottom right hand side of the picture. If there's no symbol, then it's base set, which is the first one. If there's a little flower symbol, it's Jungle Expansion, if there's a fossil, it's Fossil expansion, and the list goes on. You can find out what symbols mean what set on web sites like Bulbapedia, or even Serebii I think. Definitely would make it easier to identify how much something is worth if you know what you actually have.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Updated the rare list with said symbols. There should be no doubt which cards those are now xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's a shame thatb Base Charizard is damaged. Out of curiosity, does the Charizard have thinner HP lettering, and is there a shadow along the edge of the picture?

Back