• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

UsagiKurimu

Mimilop-chan~
Years
Oh ok, that's good then! It would only make sense to have them look different, since they said the game was going to diverge from the previous ones. Making a game like the others would make people become bored and they already know what to expect. They said they would add some other characters too, but they won't tell us which ones yet. Knuckles' look is just to highlight his position in the team as the brawn, that's what the creator said.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
ef7af81760b879908528ed8ef82ba2d3.png

Okay, who put that reference there!?

---

Hm, I wonder how they'd handle Blaze if they decided to use her. Not sure that I'd wanna see Blaze in SPORTS TAPE though...

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
31. Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?

I liked him better when PINGAS

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
31. Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?

I liked him better when PINGAS

Funfact: Mike Pollock HATES that "SnooPING AS usual" line with a burning passion.

Years
I have to say, the more evil version of Eggman makes for a better cartoon. A hero is only as good as his villians, just like Batman.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Oh man have I been busy... SORRYYY! D8

I have to say, the more evil version of Eggman makes for a better cartoon. A hero is only as good as his villians, just like Batman.

I prefer the Eggman in Sonic X... maybe because I grew up with that one, but it did make for an interesting dynamic between the two. I'm not really sure what to make of the Eggman in the Sonic X comics though... maybe I should go and read the few volumes I have of that.

Speaking of comics

Have you ever read any of the comics/mangas, and if so, which ones?

I live in America, so sadly, I'm limited to the Archie comics.. )= I'm not really much of a fan of the main series, but I like to pick up Universe when it follows some characters that I like. Treasure Team Tango was really fun to read!

I'd love to be able to read the Fleetway comics, and the old mangas from Japan too! In fact, I think I saw Dash & Spin online somewhere...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Great topic, as I've just read Team Dark's recent arc in Sonic Universe #59 through 62. I make it a habit to read Shadow's arcs in SU because a) he's has more roles besides being his typical broody self b) Rouge actually opens up and trusts him / her
teammates and c) Omega is hilarious when he tries to use slang using technical jargon. Also, he calls mortals meat bags. <3

Treasure Team Tango has Dark and Team Rose with Blaze. It's #21-24. There is another arc with Shadow and Metal Sonic and Marine, and another one with Gamma / Omega,but I'm on my tablet so lazy. Great arcs too.

Check it out if you're a fan!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Username: Digimon Kaiser
Favorite Sonic Character(s): The Chao, Vector, Shadow
Answer a Discussion Topic: What's your favorite Sonic song?

Definitely Live and Learn, as Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my all-time favorite video games (as well as my favorite Sonic game)

Years
Welcome to the club Digimon kaiser:)

My family got my son a sonic comforter, sheet set, blanket, and stuffed animal "pillow" from target about two weeks ago.
The day before, we had gotten him the same sonic blanket and they had mystery balls with sonic toys in them so we got him one of those too. When we got it, he said " I hope it's sonic! " Sure enough, it was:)

Then last friday, I got my wife a new puppy for a late mothers day present. It was late intentionally but she though she was getting a ferret. She let our son name the puppy. Any guesses on the name?....you got it, Sonic!
I call him sonic the hedgedog for fun.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Willkomen Bei das Sonic Club, Digimon Kaiser! Ah yes, Live and Learn, I LOVE that song to bits an pieces. Ever try singing it? It's VERY hard to nail it.

Hahaha, That's awesome, Lunis! I remember seeing that Sonic "Pillow" Plushie.. it's not Pillow-like at all! and it's really shiny and fuzzy. :3

OMG GAIS!!! BIG NEWS!!!11!!

Sega just revealed a new character for Sonic Boom, both the game, and the show, her name is Sticks the Badger! Apparently she's a wild-child that grew up in the wilderness, and somehow became friends with Amy.

I'm just going to leave the link to the article here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/sega-reveals-new-sonic-boom-character-named-sticks

Years
Yea I don't even know how they got to put the term pillow on it at all. XD.

I really really like sticks! I can't wait to see her in action. I think when this show starts, I will wake my son up so we can drive to my parents house and watch cartoon network.

TwilightBlade

Years
I really want Sonic pillows. I had my eye on this item for a while now haha

Ohh! I hadn't heard of Sticks, but I have seen her in a leaked photo and folks speculated it was Marine... Here's what Sega wrote about Sticks, though:

14107378857_08314c9078.jpg

In advance of the highly-anticipated launch of Sonic Boom, the newest branch of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe announced earlier this year, SEGA is pleased to unveil Sticks, a brand-new character that will play an integral role across all Sonic Boom platforms. Sticks, a jungle badger who has spent most of her life living alone in the wilderness, will appear in the Sonic Boom TV series, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video games, and merchandise, forming a common thread across all iterations of the new Sonic Boom world. Sticks joins Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to form the core ensemble featured throughout the Sonic Boom franchise.

"Sticks is a significant addition to the Sonic Boom universe and the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise," said Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Chief Content Officer for the Sonic Brand, SEGA of America. "She brings a quirky personality and perspective to the team dynamic, and we look forward to sharing this energetic and funny new character with the world."

Sticks is new to Sonic's circle of friends– actually new to friends in general– and as the most primal character in the Sonic universe, she is a force of nature in every way. Sticks is wilder than the other members of Sonic's team with unparalleled animal instincts and extremely sharp survival skills. She's a fearsome combatant and a tenacious hunter who's armed with handmade weapons at all times, most notably a handmade boomerang that she keeps in tow.

Her wildness means that her social skills need plenty of work and she's not the most trusting individual. Full of outrageous suspicions, Sticks' instincts often prove to be accurate. While the concepts of sharing, compassion and friendship are foreign to her, Sticks has a good heart and a genuine desire to get closer to her new friends, particularly Amy, who helps Sticks adapt to civilization. Sticks and Amy quickly become best friends, with Sticks willing to go to extremes to protect her new pal, a quality that will play out through new Sonic Boom content. Her eccentric character adds an endless amount of humor and surprise to the Sonic team.

Sonic Boom - Sticks Reveal
The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGA of America Inc. and OuiDO! Productions, will debut on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France during the 2014/2015 season. Every episode starts from a small character-driven story and explodes into an epic tale of saving the world, robot battles and more.

Serving as a prequel to the stories revealed in the TV series the Sonic Boom video games will deliver a totally different experience to previous Sonic games with collaborative gameplay at its core. Developed in the U.S by California based Big Red Button Entertainment (Wii U) and Sanzaru Games (Nintendo 3DS) in collaboration with Sonic Team, this is the third title to be released as part of an exclusive deal with Nintendo. Sonic Boom will take advantage of the innovative hardware of both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with traditional elements of Sonic games, such as speed, also featured. The videogame will also introduce exploration, combat and a new Enerbeam tether mechanic that will allow the Sonic Boom world to be discovered in totally unique ways.

Sonic Boom will be supported by a robust global licensing and merchandising program, anchored by master toy partner TOMY. TOMY's line will showcase the new character looks, stressing interaction between core characters, and will feature new play patterns based on both the new games and TV series. TOMY will develop a comprehensive toy range across a broad number of categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. Sonic fans can expect a high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation and energized with speed, lights, sounds, motion-activation and action-performance.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Sonic Boom between the 3ds and WiiU will be different, with the 3ds version being called "Shattered Cystal", and the Wii U being "Rise of Lyric". Which Version will you be picking up?

As it stands right now, all I have is a 3ds, so I must go with Shattered Crystal by default. If I had both systems, I'd get both. I'm looking forward to playing as Sticks, it seems her playstyle is a bit different from usual Sonic fare.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I slept in... till 4pm. Somehow. Then again, I was up all night for whatever reason. So I woke up, and I went to get the mail... and I got a nice little package. I open it up and read the paper thing first...

And I pull out this! and I just love her, she's so cute and cuddly. A bit smaller than I thought she'd be, but hey, she's soft and nicely proportioned, and fills in a whole in my collection, up until now, I never owned a modern Amy plush, only the classic one![/S]

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
I thought it was June 23rd as the first release of Sonic 1? Anyway, I have a new respect for Sonic in Brawl. Sure, I used him a lot, but I never really got my butt handed to me by someone else playing as him before.

Back