• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next main Pokemon game

Years
2012- BW2
2013- XY
2014- ORAS
2016- SM

I'd say the announcement will come later this year or early next year. The game is expected to be a third version of S/M (Stars?).

pkmin3033

Expectations =/= Reality. Everyone thought we'd get Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z too. I'm not saying it's unlikely or impossible, all I am saying is that if you set your heart on a third version of Sun and Moon (Why? They were awful!) you could end up disappointed.

In any event, E3 is coming up. Nintendo always do a direct at E3, so perhaps we'll catch glimpses of it then.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Expectations =/= Reality. Everyone thought we'd get Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z too. I'm not saying it's unlikely or impossible, all I am saying is that if you set your heart on a third version of Sun and Moon (Why? They were awful!) you could end up disappointed.

In any event, E3 is coming up. Nintendo always do a direct at E3, so perhaps we'll catch glimpses of it then.

When is the E3?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
In my opinion, early next year maximum and Nintendo will have at least announced a new Pok?mon game. It's uncertain if they will keep the "astronomy" trend for the name though...

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I remember that ORAS were announced about 7 months after XY came out.. But I doubt it would happen again hehe

pkmin3033

June 13th, I think? Nintendo aren't holding an E3 event, but they actually are because they'll do directs and a livestream etc. Most of it will probably focus on the Switch, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got something Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
doubt they're gonna pull an announcement at E3, so unless there's a last-minute announcement at the end of May or beginning of June, then we'll prob hear about a sequel/prequel to Sun & Moon later this year. I don't think DP remakes will be announced this year, though that's ultimately what I want rn.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
doubt they're gonna pull an announcement at E3, so unless there's a last-minute announcement at the end of May or beginning of June, then we'll prob hear about a sequel/prequel to Sun & Moon later this year. I don't think DP remakes will be announced this year, though that's ultimately what I want rn.

Where do the games usually get announced?
I remember that ORAS announcement came out of nowhere in the middle of May

blue

gucci
Years
Where do the games usually get announced?
I remember that ORAS announcement came out of nowhere in the middle of May

Spoiler:

that's a timeline of all the game related stuff we've got in may over the years which is why may is perceived as an important month for pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Spoiler:

that's a timeline of all the game related stuff we've got in may over the years which is why may is perceived as an important month for pokemon.

Thanks.
I really hope we hear some news regarding a new game as soon as possible, especially since SuMo were released after 2 years break!!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
For once, I actually think a main Pokemon game announcement will be during their E3 presentation, because it's something we've been waiting for for quite a long time. A main series Pokemon game that can be played on a TV. Major news!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
For once, I actually think a main Pokemon game announcement will be during their E3 presentation, because it's something we've been waiting for for quite a long time. A main series Pokemon game that can be played on a TV. Major news!

Well, I actually don't really support that idea.. I think that the 3ds is perfect for Pokemon

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Well, I actually don't really support that idea.. I think that the 3ds is perfect for Pokemon

The 3DS started showing its limitations with the very first set of games; X and Y. Get into a double battle or horde battle and watch the frames run away screaming.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The 3DS started showing its limitations with the very first set of games; X and Y. Get into a double battle or horde battle and watch the frames run away screaming.

Yes, you're right when considering this espect. What I mean is that I think that Pokemon should stay simple, and playing it on TV seems.. IDK.. weird hehe

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Well you don't have to play it on the TV screen. Of the time I have spent with my Switch, most of it has been handheld mode. That doesn't mean I don't use TV mode, but most of the games I have look and run just fine in handheld mode.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I certainly think we'll be hearing about the next game soon. Though I think I'm in a minority, I'm hoping for a new original region rather than SM2 or DPPt remakes. We'll see though!

I hope you're right and we are about to get news soon..
Why would u wanna have a new region so soon? Sumo were released only a few months ago

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I think Stars is kind of a lame name for a 3rd game, Eclipse would be a better name.

However I think the next name will be a Gen 4 remake

Back