• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 2, 2017
Hello, i played the demo and i loved it. I would like to help in something because this hack rom is brillant and has a lot of future ;)

Years
My review on this ROM hack (beta - Alpha 1.1) :
Start : 8/10 - Unlike most rom hacks this one doesn't follow the story of going next door, choosing your first pokemon etc.
Quest : 9/10 - This side quests are awesome, hope there will be more. (but why is Combee so hard to encounter? I really do hope future side quest will be easier to complete)
Graphics : 5/10 - Unfortunately the graphics of this ROM hack doesn't really live up to my expectation. Graphics could be a little less dark. The dark colour nature of this ROM hack somewhat takes away the beauty of the pokemons. I could barely see the features of some pokemons like Salandit.
Overall this is a good ROM hack I can't wait for it to be completed.
Here are my few humble suggestion on its improvement.
1. Graphics - Could be lighter to provide more comfortable visual on model details.
2. Side quest - Could be centered around a specific zone as close as possible to the quest giver. So players won't have to run back and forth and battle through all those wild pokemons.
3. Choosing Nature - Now this is something new, pokemon rom hacks as well as originals dont provide the freedom of choosing Pokemon nature, the nature of a pokemon is something that most players don't even care about but if this game's difficulty is going to be high, I suggest giving an option for choosing pokemon nature
4. Training - I don't know if there are going to be more training halls thingy like in the first town, but I think I speak for all when I say "Me want more training halls!!" XD , but with moderation.
5. Gender - Let us choose first pokemon gender.
6. More starter Pokemon - If there were like 10 different starter pokemon available to choose from, it would be freakin awesome

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
1. Graphics - Could be lighter to provide more comfortable visual on model details.
2. Side quest - Could be centered around a specific zone as close as possible to the quest giver. So players won't have to run back and forth and battle through all those wild pokemons.
3. Choosing Nature - Now this is something new, pokemon rom hacks as well as originals dont provide the freedom of choosing Pokemon nature, the nature of a pokemon is something that most players don't even care about but if this game's difficulty is going to be high, I suggest giving an option for choosing pokemon nature
4. Training - I don't know if there are going to be more training halls thingy like in the first town, but I think I speak for all when I say "Me want more training halls!!" XD , but with moderation.
5. Gender - Let us choose first pokemon gender.
6. More starter Pokemon - If there were like 10 different starter pokemon available to choose from, it would be freakin awesome

1. I can't say I've noticed many issues with the graphics. I'll take a closer look.
2. Side-quests vary throughout the game. Not all of them involve catching a rare pokemon. In general, they are centered around where the player receives the quest.
3. While the game will be difficult, I do not think that choosing natures will be a good addition. Success will depend more on strategy and good team composition than having the perfect nature.
4. Trainer Houses are present throughout the game, without being overly frequent.
5. We are not providing a method to choose the gender of your starter. The only response I have for that is to reset the game and try again.
6. We are sticking to the current 3 starters.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Last edited:
Years
I was wondering if you guys had any plans on implementing a character customization option or feature.
Like use a key item in the cube and bam!! Our character model looks like Fisherman, Schoolboy, Sailor, Ninja etc.
I've never seen a ROM hack having this kind of feature and I believe its something that players would be exited to see. Like a whole new pokemon experience.
Once played a ROM hack that allows us to change into a Team Rocket Suit and even though that even that allowed us to only lasted a few seconds, it just blew my mind with excitement!!

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
I was wondering if you guys had any plans on implementing a character customization option or feature.

There is certainly a plan for character customization. The details are still being worked out. We'll take the idea of Trainer Class into consideration :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 17, 2017
Which are the starters...??
Also does the mega evolution to back to normal after the battle...??
Please reply quickly..????????

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
That tile set looks so freaking amazing. I CANT WAIT!!!! ????????????????
Thanks! I'm glad you're excited!

Really looking forward to this hack! Great work guys :)
Thanks!

I am sure of the last bug. I am playing on MyBoy so maybe it would be causing problems.

The new tile set is awesome!!
I fixed the bug a little bit after you mentioned it.
Thanks!

Um, it happened when i just catch it, and i don't think it could have maximun happiness, is it?
Hmm...I need to look into it further.

Cool!Looks awesome!I'm gonna try it now!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

this hack is great :)
Good luck with it friend :)
Thanks!

this looks awesome i'm looking forward to trying it out
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

Good hack I like the tiles and the game play waiting for it to be finished
Seriously this game is awesome
Thanks!

This hack is just amazing. Keep on working. You are awesome friend. Can't wait for next release :)
Thanks!

My review on this ROM hack (beta - Alpha 1.1) :
Start : 8/10 - Unlike most rom hacks this one doesn't follow the story of going next door, choosing your first pokemon etc.
Quest : 9/10 - This side quests are awesome, hope there will be more. (but why is Combee so hard to encounter? I really do hope future side quest will be easier to complete)
Graphics : 5/10 - Unfortunately the graphics of this ROM hack doesn't really live up to my expectation. Graphics could be a little less dark. The dark colour nature of this ROM hack somewhat takes away the beauty of the pokemons. I could barely see the features of some pokemons like Salandit.
Overall this is a good ROM hack I can't wait for it to be completed.
Specifically to your graphics concern, all of the Pokemon sprites are taken from resources on Pokecommunity. The ones in the game are a little outdated, but they'll look better in the final version.

Thanks for your feedback!

Like use a key item in the cube and bam!! Our character model looks like Fisherman, Schoolboy, Sailor, Ninja etc.
I've never seen a ROM hack having this kind of feature and I believe its something that players would be excited to see. Like a whole new pokemon experience.
Once played a ROM hack that allows us to change into a Team Rocket Suit and even though that even that allowed us to only lasted a few seconds, it just blew my mind with excitement!!
Spoiler:

Which are the starters...??
Also does the mega evolution to back to normal after the battle...??
Please reply quickly..????????
Gible, Larvitar, and Beldum.
Mega evolution works the way it should.

Progress Update:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 21, 2022
HOLY!!!!!! The day night tiles are freaking amazing!!!!!!!! I cannot WAIT!

Back