• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: The Santa Exam [RP Secret Santa '22!]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Santa is not a single entity. We all know this. Even the old stories tell us that there were multiple people, by multiple names, serving multiple regions. And as the world grew, so did the enterprise of late-night gift delivery.

These days, a division of the Santa Conglomerate known as "Santa Scouts" are responsible for recruiting people with potential to be Santas and guiding them through a December-long Santa training program. On New Year's Eve, trainees are put to the test by delivering gifts to the worker's town sprawled across the North Pole. This is:

❅ The Santa Exam ❅

The Details

Welcome to RP's Secret Santa event for 2022! The core of this operation is to gift each other with zany characters to play as in a short-term roleplay. By signing up, you agree to at the ABSOLUTE least to make a character for the person you get matched up with. Don't take anything too seriously- except getting your characters in on time!

The schedule and details are as follows- everything will change over around 1pm Central / 7pm UTC on the last day listed because that's what's convenient for Anna thank you.

❅ Sign-Ups: December 1 - 7

All you have to do is post here that you want to participate! You may also include a "wishlist" of a few things you'd like to see in the character that will be made for you. You may also include things you can not tolerate playing; please do this if you have specific squicks or triggers that would prevent you from enjoying a character!

❅ Drawing Names: December 7

Anna will shuffle everyone who has chosen to participate! Each person will be privately told who their recipient is- please DO NOT share this information with anyone else until the RP ends on December 31!

❅ Character Creation: December 7 - 14

As soon as names have been drawn, you can get to work on character creation! Please make this a priority; I don't like to be super annoying in chasing people down as the deadline approaches and y'all won't like it either. ;P Also if everyone gets their stuff in, we can start the next phase early! Make sure to check your recipient's wishlist and fill out the template provided. Please use minimal formatting- we don't want to give away identities!

IMPORTANT!!! When you are done with your character, ONLY PM IT TO ME. I will post them all in the next phase!
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B] (please write it out, but a Picrew or a faceclaim can be added as a bonus!)
[B]Brief History / Personality / Etc:[/B]

[B]What skills, assets, or traits make you a good fit for the Santa program?[/B]

[B]What struggles do you face in becoming a good Santa?[/B]

❅ Character Distribution: December 14

Anna will post all the characters and their recipients in the thread! Remember, don't reveal which character you made yet- but guesses are always fun to put out there!

❅ IC Posting: December 14 - January 1

Have fun trying to pass the Santa Exam with your new characters! And don't miss the afterparty!

❅ Wrapping Up: January 1 - 7

The Head Examiner will announce who has passed and who has failed the exam. Everyone is now allowed to reveal which characters they created, and feedback on the event is welcomed and encouraged! The IC will be closed sometime on January 7th.

The Scenario

Your mode of transit: two flying reindeer towing a small sleigh.
Your equipment: a magical sack that provides whatever you ask, but can not have items returned to it.
Your companion: a Santa Scout who is here to grade you and not allowed to help you in any way.
Your assignment: to be an amazing Santa for a single household in the worker's village!

As you have been taught, the basic expectation for a Santa is to complete four objectives:
• Eat provided offerings.
• Fill all five stockings with appropriate stuffing- two will be for adults, two for children, and one for a pet.
• Deposit five gifts under the tree, one for each member of the household.
• Leave no other trace.​

However, the situation is almost never the Perfect Scenario. Encountering and overcoming the unexpected is just part of the job. [once you have your character, select ONE challenge from EACH category, or have anna choose for you.]

Category 1: Mild Challenge

• More pets than expected, and they are not just dogs and cats. Correctly fill four additional pet stockings.
• Tree is not a tree, there is no tree, or the tree is too tiny to put presents under. Arrange gifts artfully.
• The food offerings are inedible to you for some reason. Dispose of them in a way that makes it seem as if you have eaten them.

Category 2: Moderate Challenge

• One gift is extremely oversized. Maneuver it into place without outside assistance or damage to property.
• This family has three adults and seven children! Fill stockings appropriately and find room for all gifts under the tree.
• An imaginary friend has a stocking. Fill appropriately.

Category 3: Difficult Challenge

• House still has a chimney. You are expected to enter, move gifts, and exit via this route. Do not leave a mess.
• Stockings have been hung in bedrooms. Do not wake occupants while filling.
• All five gifts are extremely oversized. Maneuver them into place without outside assistance or damage to property.

if you would like to suggest a challenge please lmk i'll probably add it

After you complete your exam you are encouraged to attend the afterparty, where you can commiserate or relax with others who have also finished their tests! [jp, you know!] At the end of the night, it will be announced who passed and who failed. Good luck!

Any questions? Ask away!

css & background images made by me
snowflakes | presents | trees

Years
I've ruined more Christmases than I've saved, bah humbug and all that, why do I sign up for these every year?

Count me in.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
This sounds amazing but I'm going to have a super busy Christmas season with family all over the place, so it'd be unfair of me to sign up, sadly! I look forward to seeing how it unfolds though ^^

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
I'll sign up. I guess the only thing that comes to mind for my Santa is that they're a buff woman, do whatever the hell else you want lol

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
HELLO EVERYONE

Since I have y'all on Discord I have DM'd you all on there with the person you'll be making a character for! Let me know if I've somehow lost my mind and missed you (I've checked like 12 times I'm so paranoid aaa). Again, characters are due by PC PM to ME ONLY before 1pm Central / 7pm UTC on DECEMBER 14TH. Go nuts have fun etc etc~

pings
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

❅ The Examinees ❅

for ARCANEUM

Spoiler:

for FEN-FEN

Spoiler:

for FOXRALLY

Spoiler:

for GIMMEPIE

Spoiler:

for GROC

Spoiler:

for JANP

Spoiler:

for QUEENNOTHING

Spoiler:

Have fun chatting about this crew, but remember not to give away which character you designed! The IC is open as well - click here. You have the rest of the month to do your best to pass the Santa Exam- good luck!

css & background images made by me
snowflakes | presents | trees

pings
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
wait why is Aaron's character literally who they are in my PC Rimworld file LMAO

they all look great though! sitting out this year cause I want to catch up on my RPs but I hope u all have fun!!

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
"Hey guys it's me the literal devil by the way no cheese on my omelette please"

(I love him)

EDIT: Whoever made Kansas is a gem on this website

Last edited:
Years
Ok I am in love with who I've been given, I don't think I've come even close to writing a character such as thing, am cooking up some ideas!

As a whole though I agree, this is a great bunch!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
hiii hows it going everyone? there's about eleven days left to write your ordeals!

pings
Spoiler:

Years
Hoping to have mine done by the end of the week, but I'm trying to do like 50 things all at once right now so wish me luck.

Back