• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Sorry if this is not the place to post this. I can't seem to find it in any tutorials.

How do I make a healing script?
What #raw do I use? How do I use it? etc.. Please help...

Years
Well thanks everyone for your help. I have been able to fix it somehow. I took a look at the scripts in the original FireRed ROM, and there was this command 'callstd 0x2' after the msgbox-line. I don't know what 'callstd 0x2' exactly means, but it did let the messagescript work.
So, eventually, I wrote this as (temporate) script:

So, just like Binary said, I used the 0x4 command. And besides that the callstd 0x2... So, what is it actually I'm using? ^_^'
So, just to make everything clear. I had this problem because I had an old version of XSE. Earlier I had a newer version, but that was on another PC. Now I updated XSE and everything work fine in the 'normal' way. (That means, without "callstd 0x2" but with "msgbox @pointer 0x4")
Thanks for everyones help again! :)

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
okay, so here's the script I wrote for Poketscript.
Spoiler:

It's supposed to say the messages, ask the questions, blah blah blah, fade out, remove the sprite, and fade back in. Here's what happens:

1. You get asked the question.
2. When I say yes, the fanfare plays, and the screen fades out.
3. The screen comes back for one second, with the pokeball sprite still there, and then fades out and STAYS faded.

So. Why? How can I fix this?

Years
Is there a way to put the highest pokemon level in your party into a variable? I'm trying to make the pokemon levels of a person you battle vary on the highest level pokemon in your party.

Years
I'm working on level scripts right now. It's going fine actually, but I've got a question. Is it possible to have multiple level scripts in one map, of course executes at different moments?
I want to make this:

First time you enter the map:
One OW disappears, hidesprite, setflag and all.
During the game:
You do something that turns a specific flag on (or variable).
Then you enter the map again:
OW appears and walks to you, et cetera (rest not important).

Because if you've run a level script once, it's not coming back anymore is it? Or should you maybe clear the flag you've associated with the level script before? And make a "checkflag 0x[somekindofotherflag], goto @pointer" in the level script so it will run another script. That would work, wouldn't it?

(Sorry for vaguiness :P)

Years
I'm working on level scripts right now. It's going fine actually, but I've got a question. Is it possible to have multiple level scripts in one map, of course executes at different moments?
I want to make this:

First time you enter the map:
One OW disappears, hidesprite, setflag and all.
During the game:
You do something that turns a specific flag on (or variable).
Then you enter the map again:
OW appears and walks to you, et cetera (rest not important).

Because if you've run a level script once, it's not coming back anymore is it? Or should you maybe clear the flag you've associated with the level script before? And make a "checkflag 0x[somekindofotherflag], goto @pointer" in the level script so it will run another script. That would work, wouldn't it?

(Sorry for vaguiness :P)

-when the script runs first time you setflag1
-when the certain event took place you clearflag1 and setflag2

flag1 being the flag you associated with the lvlscript, flag2 being the eventcompletion flag

lousy script example to give you an idea:

Spoiler:

Years
-when the script runs first time you setflag1
-when the certain event took place you clearflag1 and setflag2

flag1 being the flag you associated with the lvlscript, flag2 being the eventcompletion flag

lousy script example to give you an idea:

Spoiler:
Great! Thanks, I'm going to try it out immediately :)

EDIT: With some fighting with Amap and XSE it turned out beautifully! ^_^

Last edited:
Years
Great! Thanks, I'm going to try it out immediately :)

EDIT: With some fighting with Amap and XSE it turned out beautifully! ^_^

Glad i could help, i'm still pretty new too :)
Now that i'm answering anywayz i'm gona bump my question
Is there a way to put the highest pokemon level in your party into a variable? I'm trying to make the pokemon levels of a person you battle vary on the highest level pokemon in your party.
This is the only thing that is keeping me from finishing my lvlling area (trainer island!!!) Info about this overhere: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=224926&page=2
scroll all the way down :D

Kazbat028

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
okay, so here's the script I wrote for Poketscript.
Spoiler:

It's supposed to say the messages, ask the questions, blah blah blah, fade out, remove the sprite, and fade back in. Here's what happens:

1. You get asked the question.
2. When I say yes, the fanfare plays, and the screen fades out.
3. The screen comes back for one second, with the pokeball sprite still there, and then fades out and STAYS faded.

So. Why? How can I fix this?

err, yeah. I'll bump too.

Years
err, yeah. I'll bump too.
Ii don't see anything wrong with your script, though i've never scripted in poketscript. Have you tried it without the pause0x30 between the fadescreens? Maybe it affects the function, other then that i don't have a clue. Try some debugging with a messagebox or something to figure it out.

Kazbat028

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
URGENT. Need to know why. I used this script.
Spoiler:

I used Pokescript and Advance Map. It's a script-type event. I set the 'unknown' to 0003 and the VAR to 6000 as it is in the script. i also set the person who is involved (person # 4)'s ID to 1215. Why isn't it working?

All it does is display the message 'Hey, you!' and then freeze the game.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
URGENT. Need to know why. I used this script.
Spoiler:

I used Pokescript and Advance Map. It's a script-type event. I set the 'unknown' to 0003 and the VAR to 6000 as it is in the script. i also set the person who is involved (person # 4)'s ID to 1215. Why isn't it working?

All it does is display the message 'Hey, you!' and then freeze the game.

Messages and movements need to be placed at the END of the script... read thethethethe
's tutorial on pokescript, or move on to XSE

Years
Having problems with level scripts in Advancemap:

When I add a level script in Advancemap in the Header tab, and then choose 'script type' as '02 Validates values, etc.' automatically load the offsets in the "Script offset" box (the greyed one, number 1) and "Script offset 2" box from an other map. Then, when I fill the rest off the boxes and save everything, the two maps have the same level script.

How can I prevent Advancemap to automatically load script offsets from another map? :(

Kazbat028

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
The only problem I have with XSE is... i don't know how to compile it.

Years
The only problem I have with XSE is... i don't know how to compile it.

tools->batch compiler
in the popup window choose a rom to apply the script too
then browse to a folder. All scripts in the folder will show in a box
select the ones you want to compile and click compile
it'll work unless your syntax is wrong, then you need to debug
and it will show you your offsets if you were scripting dynamic

Kazbat028

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
wow, thanks. and will using XSE fix my problems? is pokescript buggy?
and when I compile, do I have to check any of those boxes?

Last edited:
Years
wow, thanks. and will using XSE fix my problems? is pokescript buggy?
and when I compile, do I have to check any of those boxes?

Another way of compiling is opening your ROM in XSE. Paste your script in the page and click 'compile' (the two radargears in the toolbar). If your script is OK it will give you the offset of the first pointer (for example "@start").

My question from last page: If someone know how to help: please tell me!
Having problems with level scripts in Advancemap:

When I add a level script in Advancemap in the Header tab, and then choose 'script type' as '02 Validates values, etc.' automatically load the offsets in the "Script offset" box (the greyed one, number 1) and "Script offset 2" box from an other map. Then, when I fill the rest off the boxes and save everything, the two maps have the same level script.

How can I prevent Advancemap to automatically load script offsets from another map? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back