• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
@ machumoo- You called Yuri "Yuri", but his in-game name is actually Eclipse. I call him Yuri when I write him, so sorry if that was misleading.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@ machumoo- You called Yuri "Yuri", but his in-game name is actually Eclipse. I call him Yuri when I write him, so sorry if that was misleading.
Yeah, I'm pretty erratic with name usage. Though, I will note that what's written aren't always my character's thoughts, and as far as he knows, the character is Eclipse (I'll make it clear when I don't have it italicized whether it's my characters knowledge or not). I just use different names depending on how they flow with the sentence, not necessarily because my character knows them.

However, I can stop, if you want.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Busy Monday is busy! My next post should be up tonight or next morning ShinyDiamond! Just letting you know! :3

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Yeah, I'm pretty erratic with name usage. Though, I will note that what's written aren't always my character's thoughts, and as far as he knows, the character is Eclipse (I'll make it clear when I don't have it italicized whether it's my characters knowledge or not). I just use different names depending on how they flow with the sentence, not necessarily because my character knows them.

However, I can stop, if you want.

It's not that it's a problem, I don't really care. I was just pointing it out for the sake of technicality, since none of the players currently know each other's real names.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Guyssss D: You didn't gave Lucina the time to say something awesome xD well then... I have exams today so i'll try to post now... or when I get back which'll be very late because I have to work too c:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It's not that it's a problem, I don't really care. I was just pointing it out for the sake of technicality, since none of the players currently know each other's real names.
I do the same thing, though I'd care more. Philippa is how she thinks herself as, while Peperton is what she is known as. Though, until she introduces herself, nobody knows either. d:

Chalifoux

Years
I've posted, woot! :D

That's it, nothing big. A rushed post in which Kat calls Robin "Ruffles" for no apparent reason :3

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
is this rp closed for new members or are there spots still available? it doesn't seem to say in the initial post.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
is this rp closed for new members or are there spots still available? it doesn't seem to say in the initial post.

All spots are filled as far as I know, though I fail to understand why Khawill has two characters. That counts as 2 spots, doesn't it Pink?

Sapphire Rose

Years

Well... I didn't had the time yet to remove Krazzik's reservation from the list. I have graduation exams and have to work right after them Thank god that I don't have to work today and tomorrow. I will add you to the list as reserved~

I'll be having my last exam tomorrow: English~

All spots are filled as far as I know, though I fail to understand why Khawill has two characters. That counts as 2 spots, doesn't it Pink?

Well, that second character isn't really a second character... just a supportive character controlled by him ^^ If you click on the name then you can see that the SU is much smaller than it should be :3

Chalifoux

Years
Well, that second character isn't really a second character... just a supportive character controlled by him ^^ If you click on the name then you can see that the SU is much smaller than it should be :3

Which is to say, yes but no xD
Yes he has a second character... But it's also not a second character :p It's just one of those supportive PCs that pop up quite more frequency than an NPC and are also important to a characters story :)

As a side note, I had my next post done... But then I realized I replaced my previous post with that one xD Luckily I had a tab with the RP before I did such catastrophic action... And now I have to redo my next post xD

Just one thing SD, would it be okay if I just throw random wolfs at Kat & Robin on their way to the ruins? :?

Sapphire Rose

Years
Just one thing SD, would it be okay if I just throw random wolfs at Kat & Robin on their way to the ruins? :?

I just want to tell you that the ruins is a safety zone~ So once you guys get into the safety zone, the monster wolves will dissapear.

Chalifoux

Years
Okey-dokey :) No wolves once into the ruins! :D

I gotta say this RP is really fun thus far! :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Why are wolves being pinned as monsters?

;-;

WE LOVE YOU HUMANS BUT SOMETIMES YOU ARE SO MEAN

fml smh

lyk dis if yu crai everytime ;-;

Sapphire Rose

Years
Okey-dokey :) No wolves once into the ruins! :D

I gotta say this RP is really fun thus far! :3

Hmhm c: That's because SD and I spend a lot of time into it~ We did a lot of research and stuff ^^

also, since we're a real life couple, communicating with each other is much easier because we talk to each other a lot... if we didn't then i'm sure the roleplay wouldn't have been submitted yet c:

Why are wolves being pinned as monsters?

;-;

WE LOVE YOU HUMANS BUT SOMETIMES YOU ARE SO MEAN

fml smh

lyk dis if yu crai everytime ;-;

I wasn't the one with the "Let's make wolves into monsters" idea dear wolfy c:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i should kinda point this out that players are only on the first floor so there are lot of things we wouldn't know much about (even the beaters) like sleep PK or how to do things that were shown later in the show.

idk just when im reading it seems that people are a little too familiar with terms. i even think us using terms like PKer or beater is too much because in the show, the term beater wasn't introduced until the first floor boss?

just something to think about.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'll agree with the whole...beater thing. Heck, in the episode where it was brought up, some guy just made it up on the spot using clear genius and not at all embarrassing fusion skills to make a word that no one would ever make fun of...okay, I won't let this go, WHY THE HECK DID THEY USE ENGLISH? They fused two words in English (well, two terms and three words) to make a word that is incredibly silly in English...and the worst part is that nobody notices. It's like the "jerker" scene from Pumpkin Scissors (which I will be uploading).

*Sigh* Having said that, the phrase is said when Kirito is outed as a Beta Tester, and because Kirito doesn't exist, it's not implausible that the phrase was created and rose in popularity earlier and through some other instance.

PK is a different story, though. In pretty much any MMO where players can kill other players outside of any sort of arena the term PK is used, so it's not at all unlikely that players of SAO would know it.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
You do realise that in Japanese, "Beta (Tester)" and "Cheater" are often colloquially said in a Japanese pronunciation of the original English words; (ベータ Be-ta) and (チータ Chi-ta-) respectively. This is mainly due to the nature of the words being computer game terminology, ie; modern day words.

Also Beater in Japanese, doesn't have the same connotations as it would in English. The only other instance this being a word is of the kitchen appliance of the same name.

It's not that they used English, it's that they used the Japanese equivalent of those words (said phonetically in Japanese) to describe a Beta Tester who Cheated in game. It makes sense in Japanese to say the least.

The Same will go for the "Jerker" word, it does not have the same sexual connotation in Japanese as it does in English.

While the term Beater was coined during the first boss fight, who's to say in this RP that someone didn't have the same idea. It wouldn't take much for two people to have the same idea that the Beta Testers' knowledge allowed them to effectively "cheat" the first stage of the game. However not all Beta Testers are considered Beaters, just those who played enough of the game to have knowledge others didn't. Then again, being a Beta Tester was view in a bad light anyway.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, in the original version of Pumpkin Scissors they didn't say "jerker", that was a localization choice.

And I'd believe that they do sound similar. In fact, the moment I looked saw your name in the thread, I had a feeling that would be the first thing you would say. Still, the simplicity of the words and the mere fusion of them seems all too calculated for me. Specifically the use of the word "cheater", I always thought that one was pretty "out-in-left-field". I mean, it is still plausible, but I think there are too many factors that lend themselves to in just being a coincidence.

I know they don't carry the same connotations, but it's not implausible that the writer, the writer's editor, or someone involved with the writer did know of its connotation in the West and decided to use it, as both an "over-your-head" and a convenient fusion of names.

Regardless, I'll continue to have Godot say "Beta Testers", since it seems to shroud a negative cloud over all of them, regardless. Or maybe Chesters, I can see him saying that as well.

Back