• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader!

Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Winona has always been my favorite. I find her to be a challenge, mainly because of that Altaria. She's not easy to defeat in my opinion, and I like that.

Years
Probably the twins. Double battles are a format that I just really can't get enough of, the more the better. I love psychic pokemon and I also am always happy to visit Mossdeep city, home of Steven Stone and the place where I received my Bedlum.

Flannery is also one I remember favorably too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Flannery for me, why ? Well, I like Fire type, and Lavaridge Town is my favorite town in-game, I feel good there at every gameplay, probably favorite part of the game :) And the gym itself is somehow good to me with that kind of mist and hidden trainers :) Finally, because of her pretty good personnality in itself too

Years
I really like Winona, it's not toooo often we get a flying type Gym and she was pretty cool. PLus that Altaria was kinda challenging which is good.

Years
I find the twins Tate and Liza to be an interesting duo to fight against it's not everyday that you get to fight two gym leaders at the same time
They're gym layout was a pretty good puzzle aswell I found it ffun to walk through that puzzle and eventually get to them.

Last edited:

nundo

Quick! Dance like an eggplant!
Years
Tate and Liza tbh, I remember I had such a hard time defeating them because I was way too underleveled and had a fetish for fighting pokemon in emerald haha, instant death :')

blue

gucci
Years
Winona always stood out from the rest for me. I like her team, style, and she just seems pretty chill. I'd also say Flannery and Roxanne for similar reasons.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Wallace and Juan. They both have great designs and mannerisms. ORAS definitely added a lot to Brawly, though.

Winona always stood out from the rest for me. I like her team, style, and she just seems pretty chill. I'd also say Flannery and Roxanne for similar reasons.
seems pretty chill
asVQl9R.jpg

(Yes I know this is from ORAS but she has the same dialog in RSE, just sans the "Haiyaaaaaa!")

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Roxanne is adorable. Surprised me that she was a Rock Pokemon Gym Leader, but that's cool nonetheless!

fe5c90111eef517c0247460489058ede0ff51350_hq.gif

I also adore Winona's design, and the idea behind Liza and Tate. I'd say those are the gym leaders I enjoy the most, but I think they're all pretty memorable in general.

Bad Egg

An error
Years
Norman is my choose. He haves balanced team, which is prettty rare for a gym, haves a bit of story, and gym haves pretty cool idea at same time. He was decent challenge to beat, but not too hard like Tate and Liza. He is also only alive father for protagonist. And, by the way, unlike some people, his Slaking didn't cause too much problems.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I like battling Tate & Liza for the novelty, but overall it would have to be Brawly. Before Gen IV I was permanently jealous because I couldn't get Meditite on Emerald, and I've always loved Makuhita - more so when I found out that one of the surfer bro's fighting types can actually use Surf!

xXLunaSolXx

Flannery all the way! I always loved fire-type Pokemon and she is my pick.

Back