• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
What is the average age of Pokemon players? I'd be interested to know...

Is it still restricted to mostly kids or are there a secret army of hardcore adult Pokemon fans out there?

I'll start you off: I'm 23 later this year...

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Seems I'm very very young here...I'm 11 and I'm turning 12 in August

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm 20 going on 21 in May and still play. I'd say the average age , fandom wise, would be between 15-25. There's many older fans in the community who grew up with the franchise and still play the games or watch the anime to this day. I've been a Pokemon fan since I was 6 and even now I still look forward to new games (keeping up with the news on X and y) and watch the anime here's also the newer fans between 5-13 who only just started playing the games but I think a majority of the fandom are the older crowd in their mid-teens and twenties who grew up with the games. Though in my opinion Pokemon is a game for all ages!

Years
I'm Playing Pokémon since my 9 year. 21 years right now, 22 in October and I'm still playing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think the majority of people on forums are at least in their teens, usually later teens, and started with the first or second generation.

Personally, I'm 20.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
That's awesome. Are you all mostly American too? I never seem to meet any English people my age that play pokemon :'(

Years
Ahh like Hercule Poirot!

This is actually kinda creepy.
I have read a lot of books of Agatha Christie with Poirot as the main character, I've got some dvd's of the series and some movies of Hercule Poirot... Creepy and pretty funny you mention him. ^^ I see him as a total genius when it comes to detectives. :cheeky:

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
This is actually kinda creepy.
I have read a lot of books of Agatha Christie with Poirot as the main character, I've got some dvd's of the series and some movies of Hercule Poirot... Creepy and pretty funny you mention him. ^^ I see him as a total genius when it comes to detectives. :cheeky:

Yeah, Poirot is way ahead of Jonathon Creek and all those other lame detectives.
I have the DVD boxset and watch episodes in a row while I'm papercrafting or sewing.
He's too good.

Years
Yeah, Poirot is way ahead of Jonathon Creek and all those other lame detectives.
I have the DVD boxset and watch episodes in a row while I'm papercrafting or sewing.
He's too good.
Jonathan Creek is unknown to me. :embarrass
I know Sherlock Holmes of course.

All right, that's pretty cool. I have 2 dvd's with 8 episodes/dvd of Poirot and 2 full lenght movies and that's it. But when they give episodes or movies of Poirot on tv I record them as fast as I know when they will be given. ^^
He's so neat and perfect in his things and yet so good at solving complicated cases that sometimes make no sense.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
That's awesome. Are you all mostly American too? I never seem to meet any English people my age that play pokemon :'(

I live in Trinidad, for what its worth, and that's a part of the British Commonwealth. That and the fact that I'm originally from Dublin, Ireland.

Last edited:
Back