• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battling with cute pokemon

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
How do you feel about cute pokemon being used in battle?

Me, being a person who likes to combine girly with badass, I generally enjoy using cute pokemon in battle as a reprisentive of myself.....Though I tend to use cool pokemon too cuz i like being powerful and winning easily xD;

Some people may not enjoy thinking cuter pokemon could get hurt and may want to 'protect' them more though.

I think there are cute pokemon i'd rather not use in fights much myself too. Like Togepi....that thing just doesn't look like a battler. Its like a little egg baby >w<''' ahaha......its evos are good battlers though. I mean, would most people want to send something that seriously resembles a new born baby out in battle much? o.o;

Years
Moving this to PGC for you since it's more about the games. ^_^

I mean, personally I've never been bothered to send out unevolved Pokemon into battle much because they get stronger as they battle more anyway. Although I understand that from an in-game universe standpoint that might be ever so slightly cruel depending on the Pokemon. :x

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I think Skitty would be okay to use in weaker/more playful battles. Its a kitten, so nothing too intense for her ^_^;;;

Fairies in general seem pretty fit for battling imo cuz they're like magical beings. Again, not baby ones so much, though. They're more for cuddly play mates or for dressing up and entering contests with xD

Cute legendaries are kind of like the fairies. I enjoy seeing them in battle, and praising them when they win. Its so cute when something like Mew and Jirachi gets all tough lol

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I looooove cute Pokémon, also why I always use cat pokémon in my playthroughs. There are just so many cute Pokémon, too little to choose from aaah :D

Years
I appreciate a well-designed Pokemon, so yes some of the Pokemon I use are cute, some are more what I would call cool, others beautiful, but I try to train Pokemon that I am drawn to for some reason or other and it could very well be because of its cuteness. I feel no shame about using a cute Pokemon in battle because some of them are also really strong like Dragonite, Togekiss, Ampharos, Florges, Chansey/Blissey, Clefable, Mew, the list goes on.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've gone through runs on Yellow with NFE, including one I just did recently. While it's cool to battle with NFE's, it makes battling so much more difficult and requires that you grind more to stand any chance since evolved Pokemon not only have better stats but have far more speed, hence getting the first move if you're not way above them in level. I literally grinded to 70 in my last run with NFE's and I was still getting outsped by some of the faster Pokémon out there like Aerodactyl, Gengar, Alakzam, Jolteon and even Ninetales.

Last edited:
Years
I think a lot of the Mythical Pokemon fall into the category of both being cute, and still being some of the best Pokemon to use in-game. And while cuteness is definitely subjective, I'd like to think that Azumarill is a fairly cute Pokemon, yet one of my favorites to use in battle.

Years
Gonna roll out that time-honored Karen quote:

"Strong Pokémon.
Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

If you mean, like, the ethics of it, I don't really see how the look of a Pokémon would affect that? The physical, mental, and emotional well-being of a creature like, say, Garbodor, considered unsightly by conventional standards, wouldn't matter less than that of a more conventionally-cute Pokémon like Skitty or Pikachu just because of their respective appearances.

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
I love to raise Happiny, Cleffa, Igglybuff and to train and battle with them, but without evolving my cuties (sometimes I only let Happiny evolve), I want to make them strong and let them stay like they are. On the other side I only want to protect and pet them, since they are sooo cute!!!
Swirlix and Spritzee are a similar case, although they aren't baby pokemon, but they trigger the same feelings in me.

Last edited:
Years
Love it! I prefer cute Pokémon so most of my favorite 5-6IV mons with ideal EVs and egg moves are those I consider cute. It's nice when they're both strong and cute. :>

Years
I like using weak Pokemon for the thrill of the added challenge, and it's just a coincidence that many of the weaker strains are considered cute. Compensation, one guesses.

The truly epic ones are usually floor-wipers, so I'm always stuck with the adorable or the unsightly. The latter are usually preferred because I have an affinity for the grotesque. Anime excepted.

But what are you all talking about?! Garbodor is the Mona Lisa of Pokemon. I love it.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Their move animations in the newer 6th/7th gen games are the cutest thing in the world, I can't resist. *-*

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Cute is subjective.

I think Crobat and Golbat are cute.

Wailord is also cute, especially the eyes.

Back