• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shadows

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Team Shadows

Hello everybody. I'm cbd98, but you can call me... well, cbd98. I've worked for a few hacks, and I tried my own but it hit a stop and failed. But I have a new idea, new inspiration and a new team name. This is... Team Purify.

Have you ever played through any of the GameCube games for Pokemon? You know, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness? Well I came across an old thread where a team was trying to make a Colosseum remake calle Pokemon Colosseum Advance. It looked like it was going to be really cool, and they even were making scripts for shadow Pokemon. But it suddenly stopped about a year and a half ago. These people inspired me to do a remake of my own. But instead of Colosseum, I think the team should do XD first because it's a little bit simpler.

Our current project is...
POKEMON XD: WINDS OF SHADOWS
ROM being used:
Ruby
This hack is going to take a lot of work. We will probably need some ASM to get the shadow Pokemon, and we will need tile inserters and mappers. Those will be the most important things. But I also want to put in some original ideas instead of a complete remake. Here's a few of the ideas and features...

>The scooter will be used, and there will be an animation to get places instead of routes. If that doesnt work out, then there will be routes and the scooter will be used on the routes.
>Trainers will be in towns like in XD. But also like in XD, you have to talk to them.
>There will be grass in the Pokespots instead of using snacks. There won't be a lot, but they will hold the Pokemon from the original Pokespots (and a few extras). But if we get a skilled ASM or scripter person, we could probably put in the snacks.
>There may be a few twists in the storyline... But not that many. Just enough to add a little suspense.
>Hopefully snag machine and shadow Pokemon. I'll try to contact some people from the original Colosseum Advance to help with that.
>Custom sprites and tiles to make it as cool looking and original as possible.

Pics
0_0.jpg
248_2.jpg
248_3.jpg

If you want to join this wonderful team, then please fill out the following form:
Code:
Name/What you want to be called:
Skills:
Past Experience:
Proof of Work:
How should I contact you?:
Time Zone:
Have you ever played XD?:

If you can do any of these things, then please fill out the form, because we need this many people...
Code:
Spriter - 2-4 - 1. Punnagg 2. ShadowSpriter
OW Spriter - 1-3 - 1. cbd98
Tile Inserter/Maker - 1-2 each
Mappers - 3-4 - 1. KCAT HAX 2. supershadow74 3. E4 Lucian/Mike
Scripter - 3-6 - 1. UnForgiven* 2. Clacla
ASM - 1-2
Banner Maker - 1 - 1. PokeMasterX 2. XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Beta Tester - Any number - 1. PokeMasterX
Storyline - 1-2 - 1. PokeMasterX

Banner:
149621_519395-1.jpg

Made by PokeMasterX. If you want to make one too, go ahead.

tsbanner.jpg

I made one too :)

This will be a fun hack to make, so join to put our name's in the hacking legend of PokeCommunity!

Last edited:

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
Years
hey man, been a while since pokereality
Name/What you want to be called: PokeMasterX
Skills:beta testing, storyline editer, banner making
Past Experience: beta tester/storyline-"(Team)Master Hackers" banner-none
Proof of Work: "Master Hackers" founded by MayanMan2012
How should I contact you?:FB pm/vm pm me for fb if u want Time Zone:
Eastern Standard Time
Have you ever played XD?: no but i read the wikipedia article
about it and it is a pretty cool game

Last edited:

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hey man! Thank Arceus somebody joined. Your...
ACCEPTED

I'll PM you about what you can do, and maybe send you some YouTube videos of parts of the story I want to change.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name/What you want to be called: Olli97/Olli
Skills: Scripting
Past Experience: Various hack teams, mainly team Rumble Rock.
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

How should I contact you?: PM/VM and skype if needed
Time Zone: GMT +1 (+2 at summertime which it is now)
Have you ever played XD?: Are you referring to Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, 'cus that would be a no.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Olli! You are definitely....
ACCEPTED

I'll PM you about some stuff, and probably send you some videos of parts to script.

Years
To be honest, this looks alot better than the colloseum hack thread.
Name/What you want to be called: Hi-Techneon
Skills: Mapping, Tile Inserter, OW Inserter, Beta Testing, Scripting, Storyline
Past Experience: See previous thread
Proof of Work: See previous thread
How should I contact you?: VM or PM
Time Zone: UTC+2 (GMT+1 I think)
Have you ever played XD?: nope, but I'll read some walkthroughs :)

Also, about the shadow Pokémon: if you don't mind removing shinies, shadow Pokémon can replace shinies and then using HackMew's Shinyzer ensure a shadow encounter :)

It's my summer vacation by the way, which means I'll have more free time and I'll be able to put more effort into this than the previous one. :)

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Name/What you want to be called: Punnagg
Skills: Spriter
Past Experience: You Know
Proof of Work: My Sprite Shop
How should I contact you?: PM or VM me
Time Zone: +05:30
Have you ever played XD?: No but i know about it

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
@ Hi-Techneon: GENIUS! You are a genius. Now we just need to make the shadow moves and give them the other shadow pokemon stuff. But you are..........
ACCEPTED

I'll PM you later, and talk with Olli so you guys can make sure your scripts don't overlap.

@Punnagg Hey! You already know that you are...
ACCEPTED
... because we need lots of recolors and stuff for the shadow Pokemon.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Guys, I have to take a break for a few days. I got in a car crash and hurt my hand, and I need to let it rest. You guys should be fine though, and I'll work when I can.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
GUYS, WE NEED TO WORK AGAIN!!! WE'RE SLACKING OFF SO MUCH!! ACTUALLY I AM TOO A LOT, BUT STILL... WE'LL ALL WORK HARD.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
Name/What you want to be called:ROMeo010Skills:Scripter
Past Experience:none...Proof of Work:got deleted by little bro :/How should I contact you?:my site gastlygames.comTime Zone:easternHave you ever played XD?:yep

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Sweet. You are...
ACCEPTED

Talk with Hi-Techneon and Olli97 about the scripts. You might not get much work until the second version of beta depending on how much they've done.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
This seem's interesting~!

Name/What you want to be called: OminousMix
Skills: Spriting; Graphics [I can help make banners and userbars]
Past Experience: None so far.
Proof of Work:
picture.php
picture.php
soulomb%20evo.png
kogo.png

How should I contact you?:
You can VM/PM me or try and contact me via Skype or E-mail.
Time Zone: Standart Time Zone: UTC/GMT +2 Hours

Current Time Zone Offset UTC/GMT +3 Hours [Current Time]: full-screen window
http://www.timeanddate.com/clocks/free.html?n=238
Have you ever played XD?: Not really, but i've watched walktroughs. :D

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
Name/What you want to be called: Niven
Skills: scripting
Past Experience: none
Proof of Work: youtube.com/watch?v=R5w1lIpM4-0
How should I contact you?: email - [email protected], or PM me
Time Zone: Eastern standard time US/ UTC -5:00 (I think, whatever south eastern kentucky is)
Have you ever played XD?: No

I think that this is a good idea. I've always wanted to play xd or collesuem but never could, and a gba remake sounds cool.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
@OminousMix: Amazing. That spriting is awesome. Can you do trainer sprites too? Eventually we might add Fakemon, but still you're...
ACCEPTED

@Niven: The more scripters the better. you are also...
ACCEPTED

Talk with the other scripters for info. This cuts their work in half about, so we should be set for a nice, easy, pace.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
@OminousMix: Amazing. That spriting is awesome. Can you do trainer sprites too? Eventually we might add Fakemon, but still you're...
ACCEPTED

@Niven: The more scripters the better. you are also...
ACCEPTED

Talk with the other scripters for info. This cuts their work in half about, so we should be set for a nice, easy, pace.

Yeah, i can do trainer sprites. But i need to know what their appearance should be before i start sketching. Dark, Good, Friend, Gym Leader? You know.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Perfect. If you could, make a trainer battle sprite for Chobin (make him look like a frenemy, like a friend and enemy, sort of like a rival but a little more evil and Chobin-like), the generic trainers that you meet (cooltrainers, bodybuilders etc.) in the order they appear, some Cipher guys (evil, but most of them look similar, so mostly boys and girls), and that's about it for the first beta. So you only have to make like 3 or four. You seem pretty good, so this shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Thank you very much!

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
Perfect. If you could, make a trainer battle sprite for Chobin (make him look like a frenemy, like a friend and enemy, sort of like a rival but a little more evil and Chobin-like), the generic trainers that you meet (cooltrainers, bodybuilders etc.) in the order they appear, some Cipher guys (evil, but most of them look similar, so mostly boys and girls), and that's about it for the first beta. So you only have to make like 3 or four. You seem pretty good, so this shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Thank you very much!

Ok i made a bodybuilder, cooltrainer and cipher guy.
d4cce962ec2630f03935175cbb475959_58928.png
picture.php
picture.php
Do note that these are only beta models, i'll see if i can fix em up if possible. Do note though...I'M REALLY BAD AT THE BODYBUILDER'S SPRITE MAKING. I'm just horrible at making his sprite, if anyone can help me with that, i will be REALLY Thankful. Otherwise i think the other two are half decent...

Tell me what you personally think of them.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
well yea i like them the body builder seems slighty disproportionet

Back