• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokestar!

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I'm actually amazed you can fail using the rental Pokemon. The only times I've ever failed using them was when I picked a wrong line or got lolcrit'd. Other than that, I've gotten through every movie I've shot so far perfectly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Well, you seem to be lucky, then! (I have to retry many times...)

#isthenumbersign
Years
Smeargle keeps OHKOing me with Guillotine. And this romance scene is soooo cheesy haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
guillotine? You are defo using the wrong line then, He wouldnt use guilltone if you were using the right line. :lol.

I think only the later episodes(like episodes 3 or 4 of a movie ) tend to be harder , the first of a series are quite easy normally.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Yeah probably. I thought you had to defeat him in exactly 8 scenes or whatever it was.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I loled, using voltorb's explosion in the magical door series. All for the strange endings. I really like strange endings.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Loved them. The money issue? Nah. I always have enough money from beating the Elite 4. :D I just do it for fun. The part where your character having dialogues is good.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I do it when I'm bored, but I can't do too many at a time. I wish they would give us money though, I keep splurging my pokémoney on my maxed out Join Avenue.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
In the second brycen film, you get a Herdier and you are supposed to roar out the roggenrola on the first turn. I get rock blasted to yellow health. I roar second due to reduced priority. Second turn, I get killed after getting a bite off, but can't ko the second pokemon. This happens every time. Doesn't help that the Herdier is underleveled compared to the enemy pokemon.
Yeah, I got rock blasted first turn and my Herdier fainted before I could do anything.

And speaking of which, some of the strange and bad endings to the movies are really dark for a Pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
My favorite series is Timegate Traveller. How about everyone else?

Adore

Party.
Years
I've really like Pokestar. It's great to see the earnings on the record board. They make me feel accomplished (and so do the medals you get for completing each series. :'D)

The only thing that bugs me is that certain moves effects (like accuracy drops) were not nerfed when you record. :/ Things like that make it much harder to complete them if you're not lucky, even when you're doing everything right. It took me like five times to get the first Invaders movie right because Roggenrolla used Sand Attack on me despite following the script and using the right lines.

But then again, that's all part of the challenge I guess.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
It was ok, I did it a few times and I kinda got bored. But my Riolu became a star.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I've really like Pokestar. It's great to see the earnings on the record board. They make me feel accomplished (and so do the medals you get for completing each series. :'D)

The only thing that bugs me is that certain moves effects (like accuracy drops) were not nerfed when you record. :/ Things like that make it much harder to complete them if you're not lucky, even when you're doing everything right. It took me like five times to get the first Invaders movie right because Roggenrolla used Sand Attack on me despite following the script and using the right lines.

But then again, that's all part of the challenge I guess.

Yeah, sometimes it's easy, but other times, it's all luck. There are movies I have given up on because my luck in PokeStar was that bad (reseting 10 or more times)

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
Ooooooh~
I was addicted to PokeStar the moment I first took part in a movie :3. In previous games I never spent my time on these kind of things like contests and musicals, so..yeah. But before I got the game I thought it was the same junk as before (like musicals).

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Found it cool, I tried it but I found trying to get the star animation was kinda hard early game so haven't touched it since :D
But I found that fact that you earn 0 money EXTREMELY annoying....

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I have been doing the movies and most of them are a hoot! Like the Giant Girlfriend series.

You do get nuggets eventually latter in the Movie making world. Not a whole lot, but you are making money.

Mothica (volcarona) and Mavel (espeon) Are Celebrities!

Last edited:

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
I just love doing movies :D It's a shame that I have no more to do ;-; I did them before I knew they helped my trainer card score/medal count so that's how much I love them :D !!

Some are just so sweet omg

Like Full Metal Cop. When the Sneasel Ninja reformed, I was like o: omg happy ending for lyfe ;(

Love and Battles was interesting though heh. The ending was quite interestingly sad, but not tearjerking in my opinion.

GAMEFREAK NEEDS TO MAKE MORE MOVIES FOR ME TO MAKE.

Years
For me, this is a hilarious addition to the game, especially the names of the directors. Sydney Lumet-Sydney Pokemet, David Lynch becomes David Pokench, and John Carpenter is John Pokenter. I keep doing them just to see the names of the directors. Especially since I've seen movies from these people.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I also did not like the Pokestar studios part of this game because it was rather boring in my opinion. I didn't like any of the movies; I honestly did these Pokestar movies for the medals and I still did not do all of the movies because I just recently found out that I did not unlock all of the movies and have no idea how to do it.

:t354:TG

Back