• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen March: International WiFi Tournament

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
From Serebii.net
The official Japanese site has revealed details of their third WiFi tournament, and the first completely international one. This tournament, the 2012 International Challenge, is the first Global Link WiFi Tournament to be accessible to every user in the world. Registration opens up for this tournament at 00:00 March 15th 2012 JST(16:00 March 14th UTC) and ends at 23:59 March 21st 2012 JST(15:59 March 21st UTC) with the tournament opening up straight after at 00:00 March 22nd JST (16:00 March 21st JST) and ending on 23:59 March 26th 2012 JST (15:59 March 26th UTC). This WiFi tournament has the same rules as the last one, only banning the Pokémon banned from Random Matchup and running in Doubles and is registered in the Global Battle Union with the team in your Battle Box. There are to be 50,000 spaces in this tournament with 25,000 allocated to Japan.

international.jpg

In summary, there will be an international WiFi tournament in Pokémon Black and White in March.
Website

So will you be entering this tournament? Do you have a team in mind? What do you think about a tournament that involves Japan as well? How do you think you will go with Japanese players included?
Don't answer in lists.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I barely have time to ev train and Iv breed now so I doubt I'd enter it. Plus the meta game has been nothing but weather wars later and everyone uses the same freaking things, plus broken Pokemon such as garchomp and thundurus are allowed in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm also not going to enter this. The best team I have is level 100 Pokemon that are weak to fighting attacks, so... no. If this was on something like PO, maybe, but I really don't see the point of EV training, finding and training a whole team. I mean sure I could put together a team, it'd just take waaaay too long to get the legendaries I'd want (that aren't banned? lol)

I do like that it's international, though!

Years
I'm actually pretty keen for this. I never paid much attention to doubles, so now might be a good time. EV training can usually be done in a few hours, so it's not out of the question, although I'll have to put together some competitive Pokémon for this gen.

GlaciaFox

A wandering Elite Glaceon
Years
I'll be entering tho. my IGN is Tenshi♡ if any1 sees me there. n i agree, ev training wont take long, but unlike the last tourney they had i only had 2 days to prepare since they didnt announce before registering for it so it was kinda hard to prepare my team well, but with trying to get perfect ivs, then yeah it would take awhile..

also i dont think im going to use any 5th gen pokemon except 1 since most of em arent my kind of choices, n most of em are weak to fighting, which i failed miserably in the tourney since alot of people were using fighting types.

Back