• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A day in the life of you - on the Internet!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Talk us through how you, on an average day, use the internet. What sites do you visit, which services do you use, and for how long?

Years
When I wake up the first thing I do on my laptop/ipod/phone/whatever is check PC for anything interesting or to see if I have any messages. That usually takes about five to ten minutes as I usually don't reply to messages as soon as I've woken up. After that I'll look through my emails and then have a look through Reddit to see if I've missed out on anything whilst I've been sleeping.
After that I usually just repeat myself. Going on PC, looking through Reddit, occasionally checking emails.
A bit later on I'll tend to sit on youtube or one of the anime streaming websites and watch a few episodes of something and then log off for the night.

Oh, and if it counts I'm on IRC and MSN and such through out the day so I'll be talking to other people whilst doing what I listed above.

Years
/breathes life into thread

PC is usually the first thing I check when I get online. I'd spend a good half hour or so responding to new members' intro threads (who would've thought it'd be so addicting ffs) and then dig around other sections I visit, like Art Gallery and OVP. I'm on PC for a good few hours a day at the very least.

But yeah, PC aside (since this is a general internet thread), afterwards I'd check Youtube for any new subscription videos and watch 'em if they're ones I'm interested in. That could take anywhere from ten minutes to an hour. |D;;

I'd also dig around EGC (another forum) and browse through the new posts there at random intervals, but it's also one of the things I check as soon as I get online. Like PC, I probably spend a good few hours a day here altogether.

Checking my e-mail is something I forget to do but still try to at least once a day. Takes less than a minute.

All-in-all, my daily order of checking things seems to be:
PC -> EGC -> Youtube -> PC/EGC -> Youtube -> repeat until I remember to check my e-mail. Those are really the only sites I visit daily; anything else I visit once in a while so I didn't include them.

And.. yeah, that's all, really. >: My internet life is pretty boring tbh haha.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
The first thing I usually do is check tumblr for any new replies (I have a couple of rp blogs). Once I've sent any new replies to my drafts, I work on existing ones. The time it takes me to do this depends on the size of the reply in question (ranging from a couple of minutes to an hour or so).
If I'm swamped with replies, I more or less spend the entire online day on tumblr working on replies.
Once that's done, I usually check myanimelist to update my list.

The rest of the day is usually spent browsing random sites. Apart from a handful of forums (Pokécommunity, Bulbagarden, Serebii and Zelda Universe are the main forums I go to), I usually go on sites like Youtube, Tvtropes, Facebook, etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The first thing I do on the Internet is sign on to Skype and Bulbagarden Forums. I will check my messages and all Skype chats I am, then do some posting and chat if I feel like. I also check PC. I look at OVP and Other Chat and respond to any threads that interest me. Sometimes I visit youtube and watch a Lets Play of a game I'm playing though not very often. Every so often I check my MSN and Gmail. That's about it really. Im online a lot for several hours at a time.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Well after I wake up, I open up Facebook to check for any Messages/Notifications but nothing really. Than I check on the latest Technology/Phone news on DroidDog and TechnoBuffalo and game news on ZeldaInformer. I use Youtube allot. I might check whats new on the Minecraft Forums and PokeCommunity/The Pokemon Plaza. Than I go back to check Facebook and Youtube.
(Really, I only use Facebook as a "RSS?" feed of DroidDog/TechnoBuffalo/ZeldaInformer news articles)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
For the most part, I'm online as soon as I get up in the morning. Weirdly, although I don't actively use it much any more, Facebook will always been the first site I check. I don't even get that many notifications, but it's just become a force of habit over the years to do so. This is closely followed by my Gmail and then Twitter. All three of these tabs will be kept open throughout the day so I can quickly be alerted to any changes.

Sometimes I'll go on PC straight away, sometimes I'll wait a few hours. It all depends on if I've got anything big on in my morning and what mood I'm in, to be honest. Usual moddy-stuff happens first, then a bit of a posting binge, then a general lurk for the rest of the day (in case I need to do more moddy stuff later on/a spambot comes etc.)

After that - or, sometimes, concurrently - I'll go on my entertainment websites. HitFix, The AV Club etc. And maybe the BBC website to check some news and current affairs and whatnot. At this point, I'll probably watch some TV; I watch most of my TV online and there's rarely a day where there's nothing to catch-up on.

The rest of the day is mainly made up of checking back on the websites I've mentioned earlier, as well as general browsing. As the day goes on, my activity becomes more sporadic, as real life interrupts the flow of the internet. Which is a good thing, of course, as too much internet is definitely a bad thing for me! :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
As soon as I get online, I always check all my emails, delete all of the ones I don't need, or interested on reading. From there its onto Facebook. Recently, not much has changed. All of that usually takes me about 2 hours or less.

After email and fb, I go to all forums I'm on. on the PokeCommunity, and two others one about the video game Grand Turismo, and the other forum is about learning languages and other cultures.

After that I go to my city's local news website, check out what happened during the day, and see what the weather will be like the next day, and to see what events will happen the next day (mainly for street/freeway closures, find out where to avoid driving)

After that I just search the net for whatever pops in my head. Before heading to sleep (that means to me turning off the computer for the night) I go back to the forums and see the latest replys.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'm online whenever I get the chance nowadays but my routine is something like this.

Check emails.
Talk to friends over Skype and MSN.
Listen to music on Youtube.
Stumble upon bile so sick it would make Charles Manson jump back in horror just to kill the time.
Try my field at random online dating sites only to discover that they require a credit card.
Watch Nostalgia Critic.

Not in any particular order but yeah that's my routine in a nutshell. Gruesome ain't it.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
This is what I do:
1. Log on Xfire to see if mah bud is on.
2. Check Facebook
3. Check IGN
4. Check PokeCommunity
5. Go on a google excursion for random stuff (Usually Pokemon stuff) or check out 4Chan
6. Youtube for a while
7. Check out Facebook, IGN, Pokecommunity, and Dorkly again
8. Leave for a while, then come back to check Memebase and Cracked for nightly readings.

Last edited:
Years
My internet routine is soo variable that I cannot list them in any particular order XD but first things I always do (in the morning) is say hello on any IRC channel I visit and set my away status to back (not verbal in channels, btw), check any forums I commonly visit (including PC) and then my email. Once all of that is complete, I usually find a video to watch on Youtube or I listen to music via iTunes and then chat some on IRC. Once I get bored after all that, I go on drawception and on rare occasions, Facebook and or twitter.

Also, I usually stay logged onto IMs/Skype 24-7, so sometimes I answer IMs I get overnight for those (who usually stay on all the time as well) for them to see later or right away.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
For the most part, I'm online as soon as I get up in the morning. Weirdly, although I don't actively use it much any more, Facebook will always been the first site I check. I don't even get that many notifications, but it's just become a force of habit over the years to do so. This is closely followed by my Gmail and then Twitter. All three of these tabs will be kept open throughout the day so I can quickly be alerted to any changes.
I do exactly this when I wake up. I have no idea why though, I never get notifications any more haha. But yeah, my internet day usually goes something like this:
  1. Check Facebook & Twitter
  2. Check PC
  3. Log into IRC and waste countless hours chatting whilst listening to music/concerts on YouTube
  4. Post around on PC and a Zelda forum
  5. Spend the night on IRC/MSN
  6. Play Minecraft and watch anime until ridiculous hours in the morning
  7. Head back to IRC and fall asleep around 5:30am
  8. Rinse & repeat
I wouldn't say it's the perfect lifestyle by any means, but it's alright. c:

Honest

Hi!
Years
First, I check PC, look to see if I have any notifications. Regardless of if I do or don't, I check my Facebook next and respond to anything over there that needs responding. After that, it can go two ways. Either I'll respond to any VMs, or I'll put them to the side and check out OVP and other subforums for threads to answer. I'd do the other option after that. Then I'll probably go on Youtube and check to see if there are any new videos up. Occasionally, if I remember, I check my email, too. After that, the whole cycle repeats itself.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I pop online for short bursts at various times of the day, mostly checking PC, Facebook, Yahoo Mail, and deviantArt, and I'll do these in any order. On all of these, I'll check for new notifications first. With PC, I'll go check the areas of the site I'm a regular on (OVP, DCC). Once a week I'll log onto Safebooru and Pixiv to get my weekly dosage of anime fan art (how do you think I accumulated all those pics of Leaf as well as various Pretty Cures xD), and visit various anime subbing sites to get the torrents for the current series I'm keeping up with. Other sites, I'll visit as I need to.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I normally wake up and check PC, go through all my subscribed threads and venture around the forums searching for threads that look interesting. After that I normally take a break for a bit until coming back to either go on PC or watch some Starcraft streams or something. If I'm still around after that I'll check out some stuff on Youtube and check my email if I remember. I'll also very occasionally check out Serebii just in case they have some news I like.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
Years
I usually go online around noon-ish. I go chat with my PC friends on Mibbit for about an hour or so while i go stalk around OT. When I get shot by my friends bored, I exit the chat and go play online games (Maplestory, Lost Saga, TF2 etc.) for about two to four hours before getting told to stop and eat.

After I eat dinner, I go check things on Facebook, Twitter, and PC. After THAT is one, I just go play some games before its time to go to sleep.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I go online at about 1pm, and I usually look up themetapicture, to see what new pics have come in, it's quite similar to reddit.

I then go on PC and check the new posts and stuff, and I might post in the process, or I might not.

I then visit youtube and check my account for any new notifications, or check the new videos that have been released.

I also check romhacking.net to see what hacks have been released, or any new tools which might be close to the games that I am romhacking. Sometimes I may log in to see what the posts are and stuff.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Get online.
Go to Facebook [human account]
Get bored and go to furry account.
Go to Pokécommunity and check the two links that are in my sig.
Go to Youtube and Deviantart and check for updates.
Upload stuff to those two sites if I feel it's worth uploading.
Go to ... urr ... .///. Not for your eyes.
Log out.
Go outside.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I don't have a schedule. I usually check some of the forums I visit and all of the forums I own.

Then I spent most of the day chatting to my friends on messengers (Skyyype), Failbook, and etc. while working on game design things and doing chores/exercise, etc.

Back