• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Gates to Infinity

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Eh, I'm really not a fan of the PMD games, but I'll probably get this just so I know what the deal with it is. It looks fairly interesting, more so than the others, so that's a start!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
CoroCoro gave us some new info today! n_n

Serebii said:
The first images of CoroCoro has been revealed, showing more details of the upcoming game Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. These images showcase various new features of the game
In it, it lists Lugia and Ho-Oh as being major Pokémon within the narrative, along with Kyurem. The main hub area in the game is known as the Pokémon Paradise and features a variety of new Pokémon who provide many amenities and items. A new feature in the town is V-Roulette, run by Victini, which will get you higher ranked Pokémon through the V-Wave. Scraggy will allow you to forget and/or remember various moves. Azumarill runs the noticeboard where all the missions are given.
In addition to this, you're able to build up Pokémon Paradise to your own specifications as you go on, setting up stores with various PokémonWith Pansage, you have the ability to grow various berries to aid you on your quest. Quagsire is used to check upon the status of the Pokémon you have befriended, and set you to have them join you in the next dungeon. Beartic provides you with a small mini-game to play where you need to shoot discs across some ice to get it in a hole.
There's an Everyone Attack mode where all Pokémon 's heart beams are collected. The effect differs depending on your main character's type but it can do massive damage. There are also special Team Skills, which are currently unknown. Emolga and Dunsparce are labelled as best friends and will join your party as the game progresses

I'm so excited oh my god. :(

Also two scans from CoroCoro, SECOND ONE IS THE BEST.

Image 1
Spoiler:

Image 2
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Now that it's confirmed(?) that you won't be forced to play as Pikachu, I'm actually hyped for this game! And even if we can only play as Pikachu, the Unova starters, or Axew, it's much better than only being able to play as Pikachu.

The only Mystery Dungeon game I've played was Red; I was never able to get the newer ones but I've always wanted to continue playing them. This seems like a great opportunity for me to get back into those games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Serebii just uploaded 69 images from the official site. Shows off a lot of interesting things about the games.

3D item sprites confuse and perplex me XD But they look awesome. Kinda hopin they keep all the same generic images for the items...

Years
I'm so excited we can play as the Unova Starters and Axew as well. Not just Pikachu.

If only I had a 3DS I would get this game, and I'd definitely play as Oshawott cos you know, I love him.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm choosing Axew and Oshawott! n_n I swear if they make us play as Pikachu I swear to god. :(

I wish Hydreigon had a better role, perhaps has a villain. Look at it. A 3 headed being of destruction and they give it the role of running a shop... (I think that's his role, either way he's in the town thing).

Also Serebii said that moves can now level up. For example Thunder starts at level I and goes up to level III.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I've loved the previous mystery dungeon games. For starters, I'd want to be Tepig or Totodile.
I wished we could pick any starter from the games, though, cause I'd love to have a Woobat instead.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I really want to play this, the pictures look really nice, I'm definitely going to choose either Tepig or Snivy.

Mewtwo II

The Second One
Years
I'm so hyped!
I love playing mystery dungeon, and the new features in this game makes me want to play it NOW.
Time to earn some bucks for a 3DS :P
But man, I wish they add more choices for starter/partner Pokemon...

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I want a new PMD, but I was hoping they'd help the team mechanics a bit. The game always seemed boring when you are stuck with two pokemon all the time. Not to mention they were mostly starter pokemon or the mascots so they already had tons of face time and were over used. I prefered having a cubone in PMD1 because it was different.

I was hoping PMD 3 would have more for team building, and not a terribly timid partner always. It made the replay value of the game rather little when restarting since the characters were the same as before and they were why I love PMD2 so much.

less characters wouldn't be bad, but I still want as much or more choice. though with less characters I'd want less starters too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I agree jasonwolf! I usually always played with the newish starter Pokemon like Cubone/Skitty/etc because I've played the main games millions of times and tbh I'm almost tired of the starters, plus Pikachu. :|

I still don't get why they would only use the Unova starters + Pikachu + Axew, because did they really think that not everybody would choose Axew? Or at least the majority? lmao. Plus Axew seems kind of random... besides for it being Iris's partner, but then where's Pansage? I'm surprised the monkeys aren't the starters. (Though I'm really glad they aren't)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
yeah I had a thread here before where I mentioned a style where you pick your team after you get your own pokemon and its down with three rooms full of recruits. multiple pokemon but they have maybe 6 different personalities, and thusly we'd get a bunch of random options for our team. you, a kickass has to win always Charmander, a brooding cubone, and a clever trickster treeko would so be mine. Me probably playing either CHarmander and swaping that partner for a totodile, or me playing as Riolu, turtwig, or cyndaquil.

it would lead to nice character interaction, and the team being played up rather then the two mains.

Also I think the graphics are OK, but I'd prefer a bit more of a town feeling like the other games not this weird camp look. I liked the established society of pokemon. I'd also hope the inv is imporved with some way to send pokemon back with the items in the bag. this way you lose some team members, but keep more items, so its still balanced. Also recruiting is still a pain as most pokemon can't be added to your team until very late game.

Overall I will still buy it if its out in america, but the thing is I want the issues I had with PMD to be fixed so that it flows better when its not in the story.

Darlimus

Fly to the Clouds!
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
I was really excited when I heard news of a new PMD game, but then whenever I realized we have to scan things.. I was immediately turned off. I feel as though all of this will be terrible in the end.

As for playing as Pikachu.. I will not have that. I don't even like Pikachu.. =_=

zid_sen

The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
Years
I just knew this from my friend! Oh my god! But why in 3DS, my money can't afford to buy a 3DS!
It just that NDS just out, now 3DS! Well, this game kind of interesting, i'm wating for this for a looong time~
But too bad that we can only play as Pikachu,Snivy,Tepig,Oshawott and Axew T_T, i want to play as Minccino or Ducklett!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I wish that they would let us play as starters from other generations...

Years
It's strange to see that Ho-oh and Lugia will be two of mains characters, because the first PMD was with Rayquaza and the second (and third) with Dialga.
But they're cool, so whatever.

Back