• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
senoran.gif

Random idea I had earlier. Sprite of a sentret holding an oran berry (was originally supposed to be a pecha berry, but that blended in way too much with the sentret's colors). I just noticed it looks a bit sad. That was unintentional.

It's made in a style that's like halfway between the official design and how I draw sentrets. O_o

The paw on the right annoys me... *pokes it*

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
Years
Random idea I had earlier. Sprite of a sentret holding an oran berry (was originally supposed to be a pecha berry, but that blended in way too much with the sentret's colors). I just noticed it looks a bit sad. That was unintentional.

It's made in a style that's like halfway between the official design and how I draw sentrets. O_o

That looks really good, I dont think He looks sad at all.

Also is anyone gonna comment my trainer sprite??

xxTemari

Temari-kun
Years
Cowrie said:
senoran.gif

It's so cute. I love it,Cowrie^^

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
UnseenIdiot said:
Once more awesome Hyperion!

Heres some trainers i made they were simple enough but i just think they are cool comment people!
new.bmp

Lmao Everyone Is Forgetting About Your Sprites!

Well I Shall Rate Them Yummy Could Use Some Milk Though Out Of MAGINIFICENT DE AMERICANO!

Mainly Because You Just Copied And Pasted The Heads On Different Bodys And Then Just Recolored Them. But Their Excellent!

(My Rating Scale: Sux Badly, Sux, Sux In A Good Way, Good, Great, Awsome, Excellent, Yummy Could Use Some Milk Though, Mmmmh....Yummy, MAGNIFICENT DE AMERICANO!)

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
how douth ye feel about thee new bouysel avatar
buizeruavatar7ea.png
oh dig thee crazy rythem

Years
maxxa said:
how douth ye feel about thee new bouysel avatar
buizeruavatar7ea.png
oh dig thee crazy rythem
Wow, I really like the style used there. Honestly. All thick and scribbly...I just like it. Though it could benefit from a different color on the innermost part of the border, maybe a darker blue, since the current blue isn't much different from the background color. It makes it look as though there's an unneeded gap between various parts of the buoysel and the black parts of the border. The bottom part of the tail could also use a bit more of a curve to it, since the angle used there just looks a bit awkward.

Also, it would've been nice to see the shading on the top of the right side of the head be "speckled" as well, to fit in with how the rest of it was shaded.

Sankari

...gone.
Years
I know I'm random but I just want to ask a simple question in spriting that I've never been able to find out...how on Earth do you make that white block behind your sprites invisible? I can never get rid of it ;.;

Years
Spoony~Chan said:
I know I'm random but I just want to ask a simple question in spriting that I've never been able to find out...how on Earth do you make that white block behind your sprites invisible? I can never get rid of it ;.;

You need a program that can handle transparency, and you'd also need to save the sprites in a format that can support it - either .gif or .png for web graphics. There are some free programs out there, such as Giffy (which is the only one I recall at the moment other than the GIMP, but the GIMP is a full art program), that can help with that. Just make the background transparent in such programs, and there you go...

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Spoony~Chan said:

Yup. What Cowrie said. ^^ I use GIMP to make my images transparent. I found that most of the other free programs you can download to make images transparent are only trial sessions, so you can only use the program for a set number of days before the trial runs out. You can download GIMP by just searching for it through Google, or I believe you could find it on a file sharing program like LimeWire. All of the features on GIMP can be a little overwhelming, so if you get the program and want the specifics on how to use transparency, feel free to drop me a PM.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
Cowrie said:
Wow, I really like the style used there. Honestly. All thick and scribbly...I just like it. Though it could benefit from a different color on the innermost part of the border, maybe a darker blue, since the current blue isn't much different from the background color. It makes it look as though there's an unneeded gap between various parts of the buoysel and the black parts of the border. The bottom part of the tail could also use a bit more of a curve to it, since the angle used there just looks a bit awkward.

Also, it would've been nice to see the shading on the top of the right side of the head be "speckled" as well, to fit in with how the rest of it was shaded.
wow thank you for that i will edit it to make it better thanks i have also done a politoed evo cus it looks nothing like the poli family
bribble3ve.png
i know its an edit of chuupy but hey its still scratch and i have taken the advice
buizeruavatar3jo.png

Last edited:

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
Maxxa Thats An Awsome Sprite I Would Think Of It As A Politoad Pre-Evo But Politoad Is Attached To The Poliwag Family So You Cant.....Ill Think Of It As A Baby Politoad.

Rating: Mmmmh....Yummy

(My Rating Scale: Sux Badly, Sux, Sux In A Good Way, Good, Great, Awsome, Excellent, Yummy Could Use Some Milk Though, Mmmmh....Yummy, MAGNIFICENT DE AMERICANO!)

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2006
@maxxa
i think ur buizeru avtar is ok but i think the shading could be a little better but overall i think its a good effort keep it up!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
hi, these r the starters i made for my hack, the one's galico, the water/ice type starter, and the second one hasn't got a name yet and it's the fire/ground starter (shading of the second one by me and maskpkmntnxtu)
galico (ant eater pokemon)

nameless (pre-historic armadillo pkmn^^')

Plz rate...and tell me if they have flaws

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back