• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Years
haha, gotta love autocorrect. No worries, it wasn't a "POST NOW OR ELSE", the main function of that was just to remind everyone to post as soon as they have the free time. I need to be sure everyone is going to be active before the RP gets in too far is all :)

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Okay, going to post soon, but have a few questions.

Are there held items (like Razor Claw, Macho Brace, Miracle Seed, etc.)?

Can we nickname our Pokemon if we did not do so in our SU?

And, if a Pokemon has a branched evolution (Tyrogue, Wurmple etc.) that involves Personality Values or stats, do we choose evolution?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I should probably post part two of the first chapter for my character haha. I'll do it tomorrow though, it's quite late here in London, maybe tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Years
@Eevee - People keep pointing out things I hadn't thought of o.O so on the subject of held items I'll say this: Held items do not exist simply because I can't actually imagine an ekans battling with a bucket of sludge in its mouth. Similarly evolutions normally requiring a held item or trade (NOT a stone) will happen naturally.

You may nickname your pokemon even if you did not in your SU. But be consistent.

As for branched evolutions, evolutions are decided on by me in regards to timing so it makes sense to me that what it evolves into also would. You can request things but I will make no guarantee that's where I'll go with this. In the case of Oddish I will most likely give you a choice between two stones later in the RP.

@Scyke - Sure thing. Just don't post twice in a row (make sure there's someone else between all of your posts).

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Aye, I think I should be able to post later today too. Haven't had a fantastic amount of time to pay attention to posting in the IC, and I was sort of waiting on the other participants who hadn't posted here yet to get their chance at making their first post in the IC. I'll get to work on it somewhere in the afternoon.

Years
Thank you for posting Blaze. Just a few more first posts to go.

As for the rest of you, don't be afraid to post more just because others are yet to. All characters progress at their own speed, so there's nothing to worry about.

Years
Sure thing. I'm in the process of working out chapter two right now. I will let you know this though, chapter two will be the first with required character interaction (not necessarily battling, but on that not, be sure to re-read all rules before a player v player battle).

Looking forward to everyone's posts. If you have not made your first post yet please be sure to have done so by the time chapter 2 has begun. I don't want people falling behind because that causes huge problems in a chapter based RP. Keep up the good work everyone :)

Years
No there will not be an evil team in Novia (why would they target a small barely known region?). There will however be some minor antagonists introduced later on in the story.

Chapter 1 UPDATE

Abel's catch was a success! Abel's new Spearow knows Peck, Growl and Sky Attack (not to be frequently used) and has the ability Keen Eye.

Devon's catch was a success! Devon's new Swablu knows Peck, Growl and Ice Beam and has the ability Natural Cure.

Glyn's catch was a success! Glyn's new Spearow knows Peck, Growl and Leer and has the hidden ability Sniper.

Dan's catch was a success! Dan's new Togepi knows Peck, Metronome and Charm and has the ability Serene Grace.
*Note - since it took such a beating from your Vanilite be sure to remember it won't be destroying anyone in battle with ease any time soon.​

Chapter 2 has been posted. You may start it as soon as you are ready. Minnesotan Gamer, Eeveelution Coordinator and Yoshi you will need to have posted in chapter 1 before the beginning of chapter 3 or you will have fallen too far behind.

Sid's catch was a success! Sid's new Swablu knows Peck, Growl and Roost and has the ability Natural Cure.
*Note - I was nice enough to let it slide this time but please don't finalise a catch until you check the OOC from now on.​

Last edited:
Years
They have got until the end of chapter two to post. Not posting before then will result in getting booted with no exceptions.

Update

Jason Wolf's catch attempt was a success! Jason's new Krabby knows Bubble, Vice Grip and Hone Claws and its ability is Hyper Cutter.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
darn subtle suggestion didn't work. oh well a Krabby is a Krabby.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Sorry, it was night when I did this so I probably wasn't really awake enough for subtlety xD
What were you aiming for?

Back