• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Atlantis Reborn!

Do you think its a hack in progress?

• Its great for a first hack!

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Its modest.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Its okay but I think it will turn out to be a good hack.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • It's bad.

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
HACK NAME
POKEMON ATLANTIS REBORN

HACK OF:
POKEMON RUBY

INTRODUCTION
I am a good mapper and somewhat spriter as well as knowing SOME hex. I think I can pull it off.

STORY
Boy/Girl: You are a new trainer in the RAZO region. Your sister is Shelly (the opposite if you are a girl) who has retired from Team Aqua because the leader betrayed her/him. He/She has some valuable info about what Team Magma and Team Aqua and Team Rocket are fusing together into a team calle Team Nightshade. You start in the beginning getting your first PKMN. Then you go to the lab for the reunion. Afterwards, Prof. Yew, (new prof.) tells you that after a rest at home, you must head out for Tide Docks to start your journey. Shelly or the boy already took off. You will go to Pavilion City. Later on, you discover they have been stealing parts like lasers and manuscripts to piece out a way to summon an ancient creature who is actually the son of Mother nature. It is good natured but they use CIPHER's old tactics to create shadow PKMN to stall you along the way as well as turn the legendary into a Shadow nightmare. Their goal is to use the Moon's force to cause an eclipse over the Earth resulting in total darkness and making the Earth cold and inhabitable so that they can use the power of the Shadows' to rebuilt the Earth and remove all evil and crimes from the Earth. But they don't know that THEY are the evil ones. later on you will join old familiar friends to form Team Legend a team that would be unstoppable.

FEATURES

New Pokemon (SOME)
New Maps
New Story
New trainers
New Boy and Girl

Team
I need a good spriter that knows how to make trainers and PKMN sprites and back sprites. (I'm not good at backsprites)
I also need beta testers to report any glitches.
REPORT in this format:
Route or City:
Glitch:
Where:
Any possible ideas for fixing it?

Also I need people to give me ideas for the outline of towns and things that might happen. I already have 10 pages worth of writing on the events but I need more because I only have main but not a broad stretch over the events and encounters.

Also if anyone wants to be a trainer tell me in this format:
TRAINER NAME:
TYPE OF TRAINER (Like Elite four, normal, etc.)
PLACE:
TRAINER SPRITE:
POKEMON AND THEIR LVLS.

Currently I'm not working on them but I will tell you when. Now its strictly maps, title screen, and after Mew Three's Cyclone, Noble Map, and PokeTronic, scripts. After these are out of the way I'll start. I'll give pictures till the new tool is out and then after a couple of days,weeks, or a month, the beta will be out. MAYBE!!! DON'T ASK! It will be up to Dewford which is now, Diamond Rock City. I have the maps done but I can't add the events till PokeTronic comes out.

RULES
No asking for the beta, I already said when I'll release it!
I will take comments and and problems gladly.
You can give ideas for the game.
No useless comments like "It sucks!" more constructive critiscm like this, ("It sucks but if you edit this and do that and save it as that it would look better.") would be nice.

SCREENSHOTS
littleroot.gif
untitled.jpg

tidedocks.jpg
pavilioncity.jpg

More screens at: http://www.atlantisreborn.zoomshare.com/

SPRITER'S CURRENT TASK
1. Resize Shelly's bmp to fit May's bmp. Save it and write the pallete adjustment for it. Then PM it to me. Also if you want you can do a backsprite. Has to fit May's backsprite space too. (after we choose a spriter that is)

ENOUGH TALKING AND GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK!

Edit by Scizz: I edited some Screenshots into your post, as the Users want to see what your Hacks looks like when they're viewing the thread, not to have to open a Website! ;)

Last edited:

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
story sounds really good. The maps look like theyve had some though behind them. I like them but you could improve them a bit on the edges of buildings and the grass next to sand.

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
Excellent wor DragonMaster. I like the maps but you can still see some of Hoenn.

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
Years
He might mean that thereare still hoenn graphics. Nice start and nifty maps! MayI suggest editing the background layer on the top of the Pok?mart?

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
Sure!

Yes I would like to do that but the bits don't work out. If I edit the tileset there, when I use the Mart somewhere else it will have the sandy touch to it. I can't adjust them because I'm using Slateport tiles. Would you prefer I change the background sand to grass for best looks?

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
No. Put a fence around it. And inside the fence put some grass tiles.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
Was loaded in AdvanceMap.

That's because I took the pics when it was loaded in AdvanceMap. ;)

EDIT: The glitches are fixed.

Last edited:

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
How many betas do you think you will come out with before the grand opening??

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
No idea because in the first beta there will be no new maps. But later on with hotels, new caves, and championship islands that I'm going to add is going to take its own beta. And there are also betas for the new poke and trainers. But it won't take too long but it will be progressive.

ANYONE WANT TO BE A SPRITER? Also I am running out of ideas for maps so any ideas would be appreciated lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2007
Dragonmaster1234 said:
HACK NAME
POKEMON ATLANTIS REBORN

HACK OF:
POKEMON RUBY

INTRODUCTION
I am a good mapper and somewhat spriter as well as knowing SOME hex. I think I can pull it off.

STORY
Boy/Girl: You are a new trainer in the RAZO region. Your sister is Shelly (the opposite if you are a girl) who has retired from Team Aqua because the leader betrayed her/him. He/She has some valuable info about what Team Magma and Team Aqua and Team Rocket are fusing together into a team calle Team Chaos Darkness, Chaos for short. You start in the beginning getting your first PKMN. Then you go to the lab for the reunion. Afterwards, Prof. Yew, (new prof.) tells you that after a rest at home, you must head out for Tide Docks to start your journey. Shelly or the boy already took off. You will go to Pavilion City. Later on, you discover they have been stealing parts like lasers and manuscripts to piece out a way to summon an ancient creature who is actually the son of Mother nature. It is good natured but they use CIPHER's old tactics to create shadow PKMN to stall you along the way as well as turn the legendary into a Shadow nightmare. Their goal is to use the Moon's force to cause an eclipse over the Earth resulting in total darkness and making the Earth cold and inhabitable so that they can use the power of the Shadows' to rebuilt the Earth and remove all evil and crimes from the Earth. But they don't know that THEY are the evil ones. later on you will join old familiar friends to form Team Legend a team that would be unstoppable.

FEATURES

New Pokemon (SOME)
New Maps
New Story
New trainers
New Boy and Girl

Team
I need a good spriter that knows how to make trainers and PKMN sprites and back sprites. (I'm not good at backsprites)
I also need beta testers to report any glitches.
REPORT in this format:
Route or City:
Glitch:
Where:
Any possible ideas for fixing it?

Also I need people to give me ideas for the outline of towns and things that might happen. I already have 10 pages worth of writing on the events but I need more because I only have main but not a broad stretch over the events and encounters.

Also if anyone wants to be a trainer tell me in this format:
TRAINER NAME:
TYPE OF TRAINER (Like Elite four, normal, etc.)
PLACE:
TRAINER SPRITE:
POKEMON AND THEIR LVLS.

Currently I'm not working on them but I will tell you when. Now its strictly maps, title screen, and after Mew Three's Cyclone, Noble Map, and PokeTronic, scripts. After these are out of the way I'll start. I'll give pictures till the new tool is out and then after a couple of days,weeks, or a month, the beta will be out. MAYBE!!! DON'T ASK! It will be up to Dewford which is now, Diamond Rock City. I have the maps done but I can't add the events till PokeTronic comes out.

RULES
No asking for the beta, I already said when I'll release it!
I will take comments and and problems gladly.
You can give ideas for the game.
No useless comments like "It sucks!" more constructive critiscm like this, ("It sucks but if you edit this and do that and save it as that it would look better.") would be nice.

SCREENSHOTS
littleroot.gif
untitled.jpg

tidedocks.jpg
pavilioncity.jpg

More screens at: http://www.atlantisreborn.zoomshare.com/

SPRITER'S CURRENT TASK
1. Resize Shelly's bmp to fit May's bmp. Save it and write the pallete adjustment for it. Then PM it to me. Also if you want you can do a backsprite. Has to fit May's backsprite space too. (after we choose a spriter that is)

ENOUGH TALKING AND GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK!

Edit by Scizz: I edited some Screenshots into your post, as the Users want to see what your Hacks looks like when they're viewing the thread, not to have to open a Website! ;)
The screens are bad maked.
I can help you, to make better screens.
I'm a pro with tiles.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
Sure! Thanks!

Yeah thanks, I fixed them in the screens. Pure Carelessness. But hey, when I release the beta, sure you can edit them and PM them to me. You're in the team!:bandit:

To me the screens aren't so bad but they need tweaking adjusting with different trees with a sandy touch. I fixed the corners of the rocks and the PC and Mart with a fence...any other ideas.

Last edited:

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
Sorry for double posting I have to keep this thread alive, but now I need ideas for maps and events and a spriter!:bandit:

BTW, here's some more pics:
rocksanctuary.jpg

THIS IS ROCK SANCTUARY, ABOVER AQUA SANCTUARY (Oldale)
route101.gif

This Route 101.
sunnyislepart2.jpg

This is the bottom layer of Sunny Isle.

EDIT: Come on, anyone?
BTW, Darkfear05, thanks for the fence idea, it helps!
Smithy.boy, I changed some parts near buildings.
Blastoise B.B. feel free to post the sprites in the thread.

Last edited:

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
I think you should use the stair tile instead of the floor tile.

100TH POST WOOT WOOT!!!

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
on the sanctuary you shouldn't use both types of rock tiles. and you should work on the levels like whats above eachother. I can see this has alot of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back