• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fairy being weak to Dark would certainly be more useful than Poison, being honest here. Poison-types aren't difficult in the slightest to get rid of, since it's easy to wall their attacks and whatnot. So yeah, I definitely agree with Dark~

Yes, but its not the Pokemon's type you worry about when considering weakness. Its the type of attacks a Pokemon has. Fairy being weak to a Dark Type attack won't change much if Sylveon is facing off against a Dark Type Pokemon with no Dark attacks.

While half your statement still rings true, the same can almost be said for dark in general. Poison is only good against Fairy and Grass types effectively, while their added bonus of majority of them poisoning all but Steel and Poison makes up for their lack of offensive power. Ghost, Ground, Poison, and Rock are all that resist Poison.

While three are somewhat common in meta, they still can't deal with added effects well.

While Dark shares Poison's number of strengths currently. Even if Dark is effective against Fairy that only puts it one more above. Dark's only real strength would be being able to check Fairy AND Ghost types which the latter is fairly common in the meta. Psychic types are still good check and their immunity to them helps, but not initially concerning a Fairy Type. Resistance wise, Dark is resisted by 3 types, Dark, Fighting, and Steel...all three are common in current meta as well so Dark and Poison's resistance checks are pretty much even when paired up.

Dark is also weak to Bug and Fighting attacks which are both climbing the ladder in usage as attacks. With the new generation and us getting better bug attacks each gen, we may see even more which would increase bug's potential and lowering Dark's. A lot of things use heavy hitting Fighting attacks nowadays, be them physical or special.

Since Poison type Pokemon aren't used as much as Dark types there's not much point in pulling up their overly common weaknesses as a lot of things use either Psychic or Earthquake. But the point being made is that Dark has just as much liability issues as Poison faces. Only thing saving individual Dark Types is that their stats are usually superior to Poison types in ways and they are common counters for high powered Psychics and Ghost making them needed a little more.

With a demand change on the way, Dark type usage can slow and reverse the flow making Poison more wanted than Darks just to come up as checks for Fairy. Even if the Pokemon type isn't used, the attack type may see a surge with both being somewhat even and Poison having a slightly better lingering effect.

New generation, new meta. Fairy has a chance to change everything or nothing at all depending on use of the individual Pokemon. Only threats that have been shown are Sylveon (130 possible SP. Attack), Gardevoir, and Xerneas (if he even gets used much).

Azumarill has potential I guess, but I don't see it climbing up the ladder just yet. Wigglytuff?...ya....no.

If Clefairy gets Fairy Type, then she may move up as Magic Guard makes her better suited to switch in and face off while entry hazards or weather effects are up, as well as can safely use Life Orb for an added damage bonus.

Honedge is definitely going to be a check for both Dark and Poison types. Its fairly neutral to Dark attacks, but with Dark attacks being fairly weak by default and only really get their power from added effects, he'd be a decent check thanks to Steel's usually high natural Defense and Special Defense. You'd have to have a heavy Dark type to counter it with a Fire or Earthquake attack.

Then we have Inkay which has a lot of potential being a Dark type I can see it getting used more than other Dark types which sorta raises the "bug climbing the ladder" thing.

Then we still have old checks which may come back more competitively like Lucario which pretty much walls both Dark and Poison types and has some team versatility.

So..ya...its going to be a brand new ball game which all of us pretty much needing to relearn some strategies to adjust to the new game style and all the new Pokemon.

We still don't know if Fairy resists anything so we don't know what it can check defensively and only know about 2 possible offenses. One being confirmed, Dragon, and the other unconfirmed but has high support being from a company that works under the distribution company and gets news straight from the source, Ice.

Years
I have some new rumors/speculation for everyone!

EDIT: This info came from the same person who leaked all of the Black White info in September 2010, Melkor.
http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/leaked-black-and-white-pokemon-information

This has been circulating around the various forums:
Spoiler:

Another attempt of guessing concepts from another forum (some of these don't make sense):

Spoiler:

I absolutely love the idea of a Moonlight Moth. Can you image a Sun-Moth/Moon-Moth pairing with Volcarona? With that name alone, I will allow my naivete to come through so I can be optimistic that it is genuine.

And...

Another Orotto sketch by a supposed spectator in Japan of the Genesect Movie:

Spoiler:

It is similar to the last "cyclops" interpretation, with some variation.

Melkor also states that the cyclops renditions was spot-on, except for that the pokemon had two eyes, and a mouth separate from the zigzag bark, which is not the actual mouth. So that corroborates the above image.

With that said, these are of course rumors, but I really wanted to call BS on the rumor of new pokemon including malimar, but the bulk of that rumor was confirmed true and this leaker has built credibility.

Lastly, if anyone is good with Japanese, and is able to pick up on any nuanced meaning that might be an indication of the concepts behind the names beyond that of which pokebeach was capable, then by all means please add your input.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
These rumors can actually be believable since he got the Black & White Pokédex spot on, but I'd rather avoid looking at it for more of a surprise when the official Pokédex is actually revealed.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
BLIZZARD WOLF?!
Is that supposed to be a Fenrir?!
Man i wish it is true!!
Also Fupa reminds me of Puppa so maybe it is the first stage of that moth.(Gekouga and Teeruna might be like Dustox and Beautifly)

Guy

just a guy
Years
If the rumor of an Ice-type Wolf Pokémon or a "Blizzard Wolf" as they say comes to fruition, then all I can say to that would be... finally!

Years
Oh! Japanese names! I'm on it.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It's name could come from deer + fancy + antsy. Another report states "sea deer".
This looks to be pretty spot on, though I personally think it's a bit of a stretch to assume "sea" from "shii". Not saying it can't happen, but that just looks like the end of "fancy" or whatever the name comes from. Although, the name does have "dian" in it, like Diana, goddess of the moon. And the moon controls the tides and has always had a symbolic relationship with the ocean.

Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off! (another report says "needle" and "armour". )
I agree that this is most likely related to Chespin because of the 'hari' at the beginning.

Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
The "ge" makes me think it's Froakie's evolution, too, because of the onomotapoeia that frogs make: "gero gero". And "kashira" can also relate to intelligence. A dictionary search also gives me "koga" as "classical elegance; antiquity" or "ancient painting" (depending on the kanji) so slight possibility that this 'mon will have some kind of "classical" look such as robes or something.

Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
This seems spot on to me.

Dedenne (デデンネ)
"Den" is the kanji for electricity. Or rice field. "Dedemushi" comes up in the dictionary as an old term for snail. I'm more convinced of an electric Pokemon here than a snail though.

Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
"Rubii" is ruby. "Bi" by itself can come from the kanji for fire. It's been lengthened to "bii" in the name, but that could just be to make it cuter sounding. So not necessarily a bee.

Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Dunno what this previous leak is, but 'nyao' is 'meow'. I also see "oni" as in the mischivous demon/goblin creatures. "Kusu" is the sound of snickering or giggling. And although it's slightly different from the name here, "onikusu" is pretty similar to "onikisu" which means "onyx".

Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Agree with this. Just gonna add that "garon" is also "gallon" but the "n" at the end it probably just to make it sound more like a cool name.

Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
"Garude" could come from "garde" which I believe is French for "guard". The "ji" at the beginning here could come from a word that starts with "j" but also "d" or "z" (Japanese doesn't have an easy way of making "di" or "zi" sounds). So it might come from a word that starts with "ziga" or "diga" or "zig" or "dig". Might be derived from "shiigaru" シーガル which is "seagull." "Ji" by itself means "self" and appears in a lot of words.

Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Agreeing. There's also "マフ" mafu - muff. Like the kind that keeps you hands warm.

Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
"Fuu" does come from "wind" but it can also come from English words that start with "hoo" or "who" or "foo". So the name might be transliterated as "Hoopa" just as easily. "Pa" as a sound by itself it kind of a "tada!" or "voila!" onomotepoeia. But yeah, it could be anything without knowing the context.

Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
"Ka" (which can become "ga" when combined into words) can come from "deer" or "mosquito". Or "fire" or "fruit". Moth isn't wrong, and it's probably the best guess, but we'll probably have to wait and see.

Torimian (トリミアン)
"Tori" means "bird." But because of how Japanese works it could also be "tri" meaning three of something, or just being part of a word that starts with "tri" like "trim".

Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.
And "teru" means "shine" like in Helioptile's Japanese name. They could have just stretched the word out for this name, like they did for Inkay's Japanese name.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I saw these names on Pokejungle, and I'm most excited for the "Lunar Moth" Pokemon. The idea of it has me really interested and excited at the possibility that maybe we'll get some counterpart creature to Volcarona. I mean, Volcarona has associations with the Sun, and this newly speculated creature has both "Lunar" and "Moth" in its' name, so who knows? I'd be really excited and the possibility of Volcarona being part of a duo of some sorts.

Years
I saw those leaked names when I was browsing through Tumblr the other day, and I do have to admit some of them look really cool. Hoping that the starter evolutions are at least confirmed soon, because waiting until after release can change people's opinions quickly.

That "lunar moth" thing looks like it might be something worth seeing. No wonder if these names are indeed legit.

Years
"The official GameFreak website has posted a strange picture of a silhouette with a caption noting that "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration". Now, this may not be regarding Pokémon, but rather another franchise that GameFreak is now working with, so don't take this as Pokémon at this time, but we'll bring news as and when it comes" -Serebii

silhouette.jpg

Hint: Tilt your computer screen and you get more definition of the silhouette.

Maybe a pony or mule?

BTW, would this the only silhouette reveal this generation?

It might be a non-pokemon.

Link to newly launched GF website:
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/g2013/index.html

Reverse contrast image:
Spoiler:

Thanks Austin

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
"The official GameFreak website has posted a strange picture of a silhouette with a caption noting that "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration". Now, this may not be regarding Pokémon, but rather another franchise that GameFreak is now working with, so don't take this as Pokémon at this time, but we'll bring news as and when it comes" -Serebii

silhouette.jpg

Maybe a pony or mule?

I do not think it is pokemon based (by the color of the picture), but if it is was. I am going to say it looks like a small cow so a Tarous/Miltank pre evo. This would tip of the idea of the caption. And no, Sylveon was a silhouette for a little.

As for the possible name, I really like the idea of the blizzard wolf.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years

silhouette.jpg

Maybe a pony or mule?

Link to newly launched GF website:
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/g2013/index.html

If you go on Pokejungle they have a better version of the photo.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Collaberation could hint at another fusion or perhaps 2 different Pokemon families giving birth to a third, or something? Reborn could mean new evolution methods, or like I said 2 known Pokemon giving birth to a 3rd species.

It looks like a baby cow so maybe a Tauros/Miltank hybrid baby.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Collaberation could hint at another fusion or perhaps 2 different Pokemon families giving birth to a third, or something? Reborn could mean new evolution methods, or like I said 2 known Pokemon giving birth to a 3rd species.

It looks like a baby cow so maybe a Tauros/Miltank hybrid baby.

This is what I am thinking. Miltanks are only female while Tauros are only male. So it would make since for them to make a baby that can evolve into one or the other depending on its gender.

But again, pokemon really isn't being "reborn" in this generation. I think it is a new game, but i don't know what. Now that I look at it, it does look like a horse more than a cow.

It almost reminds me of what something looked like in Harvest Moon. And it was well known and very popular and there hasn't been a new game in a while.

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
A pokemon x harvest moon for the 3ds would be nice.
We would have a farm with Pokemon ,feed them etc.
A new spin off series.
Still why are they showing that ?horse?
When i first read the ''well known game'' i thought Pokemon but when i read that serebii said that it may not be linked with Pokemon my mind went to YU-Gi-Oh which i doubt needs any ''reincarnation''

Back