• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land vs Sea - The Team Aqua/Magma Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Username:Okjoek
Team: Magma
Partner Pokémon:Zubat
Anything Else: It is most logical to raise landmass from the sea because the sea is undesirable salt water, which when replaced by land gives room for fresh water that people can use and space for people to exist, expand to and explore! If I were actualy in a real team magma organization I'd love to be an admin like tabitha and courtney, but I'd prefer to be more of a scientist theme to look for more efficient ways of creating land because not all water is bad. Team magma's previous actions threatened much more than plain sea water. In a role playing sence my team would consist of:

Torkoal- A villain needs a good pokemon that can produce smokescreen for distraction.
-Fire blast
-Stone edge
-Gyro ball
-Amnesia

Eelektross- If your role playing as a technical member, then you never know when you'll need a good sourse of electricity!
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Dragon tail
-Toxic

Excadrill- A ground type is a must if you're in team magma. A living drill is always handy too!
-Sandstorm
-Earthquake
-X-scizzor
-Rock slide

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm hoping that Team Aqua get some more Pokémon! Don't get me wrong, I do love the four families they use now, but I really think they could've picked some stronger Pokémon to use. Introduce things like Wailord, Octillery, Wishcash, Kingdra, Lanturn, Kingler, etc, basically any Water types, and they'll be much stronger. I think that partly the reason they have the Pokémon that they do now is that those Pokémon are supposed to resemble evil, but I don't think this is the image that Aqua/Magma should have. They aren't evil; they're doing what they're doing because they think it'll improve the world. They're actively trying to help people rather than hinder them, so I don't understand why they only use evil-associated Pokémon. With teams like the Rockets, it's obvious that they should be using these Pokémon because they're trying to take over the world, not improve it. But I don't think Aqua/Magma should appear as evil like that.

I'd also love to see the leaders catch Kyogre/Groudon and fight with them; that'd be amazing to watch.
Completely agreeing here. There's such a variety of 'mon they could be using that are just neglected for no good reason! Even setting aside Aqua's general image, it would just make things so much more fun if there were a bunch of different Pokémon being used~

Alos yes big epic legendary battle would be uh... epic. Oops ran out of words. :x

Well there are a lot of new Pokemon out there now, and so I'd have not objections if the Hoenn Dex was expanded a bit. There just aren't a whole lot of fire alternatives for Magma. Maybe they could use ground or rock types?

I also would love to see them (or any team for that matter) have more involvement in the storyline, or at least more well tied together involvement.
You know when I was younger I always thought it was kind of unfair on Magma to be using Fire when there's actually not that many different kinds of 'mon with that type. But then I added in Rock and Ground and it became a bit more sensible. But still, the Pokémon chosen to represent Magma are as limited as those pertaining to Aqua. Y'all really need to expand your range.

Anything Else: It is most logical to raise landmass from the sea because the sea is undesirable salt water, which when replaced by land gives room for fresh water that people can use and space for people to exist, expand to and explore! If I were actualy in a real team magma organization I'd love to be an admin like tabitha and courtney, but I'd prefer to be more of a scientist theme to look for more efficient ways of creating land because not all water is bad. Team magma's previous actions threatened much more than plain sea water. In a role playing sence my team would consist of:

Torkoal- A villain needs a good pokemon that can produce smokescreen for distraction.
-Fire blast
-Stone edge
-Gyro ball
-Amnesia

Eelektross- If your role playing as a technical member, then you never know when you'll need a good sourse of electricity!
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Dragon tail
-Toxic

Excadrill- A ground type is a must if you're in team magma. A living drill is always handy too!
-Sandstorm
-Earthquake
-X-scizzor
-Rock slide
Heyy welcome back bro

but I'm not sure you'd be able to get away with Eelektross. It's pure electric; with the significance of the Aqua/Magma split being down to typing I don't think that'd be very good in those terms. Augh I've lost my vocabulary today terribly sorry I hope you understand what I'm getting at haha. Maybe Stunfisk for y'all and Lanturn for us over at Aqua?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Oh, it doesn't matter, just love creating hypothetical situations when it comes to pokemon teams. Anyway, I was watching this show one time I think it was called "How do they do it" or something like that. Anyway what it showed was that in Singapore they take all the trash which created electricity for a city and what they did with the ashes was even more awesome. Get this,

They would barrier off a certain area of the coastline and fill the boxes in with the ashes which makes new land! Therefore Singapore would be a wonderful place to recruit for team magma =P.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
You know when I was younger I always thought it was kind of unfair on Magma to be using Fire when there's actually not that many different kinds of 'mon with that type. But then I added in Rock and Ground and it became a bit more sensible. But still, the Pokémon chosen to represent Magma are as limited as those pertaining to Aqua. Y'all really need to expand your range.

I just looked back over the Hoenn Pokedex, and there are a ton of Pokemon that could have suited either team (Well, mostly Aqua) that weren't used. I guess it was an issue of uniformity, perhaps? Maybe a justification for it would be that the two teams have strict guidelines for what Pokemon may and may not be used. Just theorizing here, of course.

Anyway what it showed was that in Singapore they take all the trash which created electricity for a city and what they did with the ashes was even more awesome. Get this,

They would barrier off a certain area of the coastline and fill the boxes in with the ashes which makes new land! Therefore Singapore would be a wonderful place to recruit for team magma =P.

That's pretty interesting, actually. Though I'd have to say, as a general rule, assuming that the general population actually cares, that any overpopulated country or country that seeks expansion might be a good place to recruit. This is assuming anyone cares, because there are a lot of people who won't have a second thought about things like the environment for as long as they live.

Those people obviously aren't going to be joining a team that is well...environment oriented, I guess.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Great, I was waiting for such a club <3

Username:
Mentalii
Team:
Aqua
Partner Pokémon:
Carvanha
Anything Else:
Water types have always been my favourite Pokémons.So, if I entered a team, I'd obviously choose the awesome Team Aqua. Maybe that a Earth covered with water only water sounds a little excessive to my mind but it'd be still better than if it was covered with land only. A land-only world would be really annoying, and we couldn't survive anyway... Then, I love Team Aqua's uniforms :3

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh, it doesn't matter, just love creating hypothetical situations when it comes to pokemon teams. Anyway, I was watching this show one time I think it was called "How do they do it" or something like that. Anyway what it showed was that in Singapore they take all the trash which created electricity for a city and what they did with the ashes was even more awesome. Get this,

Oh man that is pretty cool. Although I do worry a bit about what that may be doing to the ecosystems already present along the shore there.

I just looked back over the Hoenn Pokedex, and there are a ton of Pokemon that could have suited either team (Well, mostly Aqua) that weren't used. I guess it was an issue of uniformity, perhaps? Maybe a justification for it would be that the two teams have strict guidelines for what Pokemon may and may not be used. Just theorizing here, of course.
Could be, but that does make me wonder why those kind of strict guidelines would exist.

Great, I was waiting for such a club <3

Username:
Mentalii
Team:
Aqua
Partner Pokémon:
Carvanha
Anything Else:
Water types have always been my favourite Pokémons.So, if I entered a team, I'd obviously choose the awesome Team Aqua. Maybe that a Earth covered with water only water sounds a little excessive to my mind but it'd be still better than if it was covered with land only. A land-only world would be really annoying, and we couldn't survive anyway... Then, I love Team Aqua's uniforms :3
Heyy welcome Mentalii~ With you joining Aqua and Magma are equal in terms of members once again. :D

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well, just to theorize again, I'd say the guideline would be that certain level grunts could only have certain Pokemon like Carvanha or Slugma. Maybe the Pokemon evolving could even be a way to go up in the ranks.

Even the admins have limited Pokemon, though, which makes me wonder why they would limit themselves so much. (other than because the developers said so. xP) You'd think at least Maxie and Archie would have a larger array of Pokemon, if not simply to show off that they're team leaders.

I mean, there were Gravelers and Torkoals all over the Magma Base, which made me wonder why none of the members actually owned any.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
oh man guys I'm sorry I kind of suck ;__;

Well, just to theorize again, I'd say the guideline would be that certain level grunts could only have certain Pokemon like Carvanha or Slugma. Maybe the Pokemon evolving could even be a way to go up in the ranks.

Even the admins have limited Pokemon, though, which makes me wonder why they would limit themselves so much. (other than because the developers said so. xP) You'd think at least Maxie and Archie would have a larger array of Pokemon, if not simply to show off that they're team leaders.

I mean, there were Gravelers and Torkoals all over the Magma Base, which made me wonder why none of the members actually owned any.

I was kind of thinking along similar lines- that the grunts have a few standard 'mon so it's easier to train them similarly, since they're a bit like an army. But even an army has a wide variety of soldier types and things I think, so they should have more of a variety within the ranks. Maybe one grunt is a defensive sort of battler and another is an offensive sort and they could team up against people?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Seraphimon-sama
Team: Magma
Partner Pokémon: Numel
Anything Else: I love Fire-Types and some Ground-Types, plus I prefer Groudon to Kyogre.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Club is being closed due to passing one month of inactivity.

~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back