• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Well I saw the 1st post and it said you might include Johto in the 1st beta, well can you hold off on that till beta 2? The hack is great so far. On another subject, what are you doing with those 25 ?? pokemon? Are you going to use them as fakemon, use them for trainer faces (like in ruby destiny life of gardians), or are you just going to let them sit there and take up (a small amount of) space? Also, are you going to add new items over the multiple "blank" ??????? items? Will you make special optional events that only happen if you have Pikachu with you? Like,I don't know, maybe an event where the rockets try to steal pikachu, and while they're escaping they leave something behind that eventually leads to you stopping them from catching mewtwo, and you end up catching it yourself

Years
Well I saw the 1st post and it said you might include Johto in the 1st beta, well can you hold off on that till beta 2? The hack is great so far. On another subject, what are you doing with those 25 ?? pokemon? Are you going to use them as fakemon, use them for trainer faces (like in ruby destiny life of gardians), or are you just going to let them sit there and take up (a small amount of) space? Also, are you going to add new items over the multiple "blank" ??????? items? Will you make special optional events that only happen if you have Pikachu with you? Like,I don't know, maybe an event where the rockets try to steal pikachu, and while they're escaping they leave something behind that eventually leads to you stopping them from catching mewtwo, and you end up catching it yourself

One of them is going to be A surfing Pikachu, I don't really have a need for any of the rest.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
You should do something with the SS Anne truck.

BTW: If you're gonna add another region, it should be Hoenn and not Johto. For one Hoenn and Kanto go together(same time frame) and there's already hacks that include Kanto and Johto.

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
You should do something with the SS Anne truck.

BTW: If you're gonna add another region, it should be Hoenn and not Johto. For one Hoenn and Kanto go together(same time frame) and there's already hacks that include Kanto and Johto.

I think the reason he's doing johto is that:

It's right next to kanto

Hoenn is bigger than kanto and johto (individually) so there's not enough fly spots

Ruby and Sapphire were he worst (in many people's opinion) pokemon games so far.

Johto is the most popular official region, and you gotta follow the crowd

If he uses Hoenn, he'd either have to make new characters, or explain why they went all the way to Hoenn at the same time as the player

Johto was the second region introduced in the games, so why would a remake of a 1st gen game skip a region that is older than one that is included?

Also, you could make a flying pikachu fakemon in addition to the surfing one.
Will you use the gs beta maps in johto?
Will there be minigames?
Will some of the Sevii islands be in if you have enough space left?
Can you upload some videos of the next beta to youtube, and give us your yt user name?

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Ruby and Sapphire were he worst (in many people's opinion) pokemon games so far.
Nah...that goes to Diamond and Pearl.

If he uses Hoenn, he'd either have to make new characters, or explain why they went all the way to Hoenn at the same time as the player
Not really. Gary is the only one who would have to come along.

Johto was the second region introduced in the games, so why would a remake of a 1st gen game skip a region that is older than one that is included? Neither region was in the 1st gen...so what's the difference? Besides, it's not older. R/S took place during the same time as R/B.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Yeah, but Gold/Silver/Crystal were a million times better than Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
I think that Shadows should stick with Johto, screw Hoenn.

Years
By badges, they're all in already.
I'm not going to post updates for a while, so I might close this if my inactivity continues.

Closing Again.

Last edited:
Years
Some things that will be in beta 1 won't be in the demo.
The revised demo should be finished sometime this summer.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2009
gd job keep it up yo.. jus some encouragement to keep ur fire burnin =)

Years
Update:
The Revised Demo is almost complete, heres some screenshots I took a while ago:
111fkz.png
222q.png
333z.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2010
Okay, on the demo when you get pikachu it says you obtained bulbasaur, just one of the things i found.

I like the platinum tiles (I can never figure out how to put in tiles)

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
:\
Thats too bad.
That was the main reason I liked yellow, was because Pikachu was always following me.
OH well, this hack looks promising anyways. (Hopefully that building will be built in vermillion city, I always wanted to know what that was, lol)
ya i've always wanted to know what that building was too

icemanya

♥♥♥♥♥
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2010
I was actually very curious if anyone had ever though about this. glad to see there is already someone in the works of it. Well you got my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back