• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
With 156 new Pokémon introduced in Unova, there are bound to be many that we all favor more than others. Whether it be because of their designs, abilities, stats, or backgrounds, there's always something we find favorable about these new Pokémon when they first came around. What are some of your favorite and least favorite Pokémon in Generation V? Were you always fond of them when you first saw them, or did it take time to adjust?

Feel free to mention other opinions you may have about the Pokémon you like or dislike in Unova.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, since we've found out all Gen V Pokémon & names, I've actually grew fond of quite alot of them, I mean there is 156 so there is quite a few to like and dislike, although, can't think of any I dislike off the top of my head.
For example, the six in my signature are some of my new favourites!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Favourites... almost everything (including Denchura/Bachuru <3)

Oh and adding onto the discussion of the last thread - I still really don't find any positives to Volcarona. ;__;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I do like most of the new pokemon, more than anything there are some I'm indifferent towards rather than strongly dislike.

Palpitoad and Cobalion still irk me a little, but not as much as when I first saw them. I guess palpitoad jiggling animation is sort of cute...

blue

gucci
Years
Oh and adding onto the discussion of the last thread - I still really don't find any positives to Volcarona. ;__;

I guess the fact that it's a Bug/Fire type, and it's got such a high stat total for a non-legendary, and well.. it's a popular Pokémon.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
My favorite 5th Gen Pokemon would have to be Braviary, Excadrill, Haxorus, Zororak, Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Krookodile, Sawsbuck, Escavalier, Eelektross, Hydreigon, Zekrom, Kyurem, and Genesect. All of these seem really well-made, if not slightly overdone.

The ones I hate? Pretty much all the others. Garbodor is the worst, though.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I have gotten used to them. At first I didnt want to ridicule them so soon. Most of them became my favorites right away..
Actuall these two here:
Zuruggu.gif
560.gif

I was disgusted with them, but I am in love with them now :D

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
The only ones I don't like are Kyurem, because of its retarded wings and asymmetrical shape of the body overall, and Unfezant, because it's just weak and has a boring desing.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
My favorite designs are Snivy/Servine/Serperior, Blitzle/Zebstrika, Basculin, Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile, Archen/Archeops, Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure, and Zekrom. I dislike the designs of Munna/Musharna, Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr, Throh, Sawk, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Scraggy/Scrafty, and Trubbish/Garbodor.

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
Years
I gotta say, I LOVE Trubbish and Garbador (not sure if I spelled Garbador right).
At first, I was REALLY disappointed in those designs, but then I noticed "Hey! Those are based on garbage bags!" and I fell in love with them.
Especially Trubbish. It's so adorable in its own way!

It was love at first sight for me and Erufuun.
I'm so dismayed by the English name that I now refuse to use it. :c
Erufuun is much more fitting than Whimsicott...
Heh. c: Back on topic, I really have grown to love these new Pokemon.
...Except for that one dragon that looks like it belongs in Digimon. HATEHATEHATEHATE it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
My dislikes? Well, I hate about 70% of the new pokemon when 80% of the pokemon designs are actual crap.

On the other hand though, I do really like Bedrock Crab and Seed Bby.
Spr_5b_558.png
Spr_5b_548.png

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My favorite B/W Pokemon:
-Excadrill (how can you not like a Pokemon that looks like Neo-Spacian Grand Mole?)
-Zoroark (for its ability to fool opponents with Illusion)
-Reshiram and Zekrom (for being the mascot Pokemon)
-Samurott/Daikenki (the most epic of the fully evolved Unova starters)
-Hydreigon/Sazandora (3-headed dragon of doom)
-Volcarona/Ulgamoth (flaming moths win)
-Bisharp/Kirikizan (looks like a Power Ranger)
-Archeo(p)s (good stats, cool design)

Least favorites:
-Trubbish/Yabukuron and Garbodor/Dasutodasu (they creeped me out when I first saw them)
-Cryogonal/Furiijio (creepy snowflake, bizarre movepool)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can help but think that half of this gen's pokemon are clones of other regions...specially Kanto clones...
anyways I like the Ghost/Fire pokemon, it's got great SA and it's cute in it's basic form :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think everybody takes an immediate dislike to the new Pokemon whenever a new generation comes out, then we eventually come around. I know I hated the third and fourth gens when they first arrived, now I love them all. I haven't looked at a lot of the fifth gen Pokemon yet, because I want the first time I see them to be when I'm playing the games, but I'm sure I'll feel the same way about them too.

Years
You've got to love Litwick. It's design is so simple, and so amazing :)
Oh, and Klink. ( I love their names! Klink, Klang, Klinklang!)
Not forgetting Sewaddle! Oh, and Vanillite too.
Foongus, too!! And Golett.
I don't really like any of the legendaries...

Back