• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Is there a way I can make the character limit for Pokémon names bigger than they are at the moment?

Years
A new version is available.

Always aim to please yea Poccil? Anyway just a few questions that might come up, because I didn't see any update (for this release) in your Notes.Html.

Which fields in Metadata define the animations for the Hidden Move/Fishing Animations?

Where does one put for the battle sprite of the partner trainer, and what should I name it?

Can you call a wild encounter with two Pokemon separate from having a partner trainer as long as you have 2 Pokemon in your party?

I think thats all for now, thanks Poccil!

-Krobe

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The information on the fishing sprite is contained in the section "Miscellaneous".
The hidden move animation resembles the GBA games and cannot be changed.

I've recently changed the metadata so that the back of the trainer now depends on the
player's trainer type. It is to be placed in Graphics/Pictures/ and has a filename
of trbackXXX.png, where XXX is the trainer type's ID number. Trainer backs for partner
trainers and other trainers are defined in the same way.

For question three, no, that's not possible.

Years
@Poccil - Thanks, that's all I needed to know! But for some reason, I get a script hanging error, and I'm still not sure why it happens. In any case, when I was talking about the hidden move part, I thought it was the same as the fishing one, where you see your character using the Pokeball, animation.

Anyway, if you can explain why the scripts hang sometimes, I would appreciate it, because of it, production of Pokemon Krobelus is on hold =P

-Krobe

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
Could you post your events/scripts, then? It's very hard for me to help you if we can't see where the problem is.

I found out what I did wrong and found the problem, It's been fixed. Thanks for your help though. I do have aanother question though, is there a way to add the music during the character surfing, or using the bike like in the games?

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
I've recently changed the metadata so that the back of the trainer now depends on the
player's trainer type. It is to be placed in Graphics/Pictures/ and has a filename
of trbackXXX.png, where XXX is the trainer type's ID number. Trainer backs for partner
trainers and other trainers are defined in the same way.

So that goes for the trainers you define in trainers.txt too? like say i have a trainer called Youngster Joey and his id number is 098 id just name my backround joeyback098.png?

*edit*
Nope doesnt work hmm....

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
you do "trback098". Poccil, can you make the biker and the walker the same person? It gets strange that when you use the bike, you change clothes :o

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
you do "trback098". Poccil, can you make the biker and the walker the same person? It gets strange that when you use the bike, you change clothes :o

oh duh *feels dumb* and for your question you have to change your trainer bike graphic in your metadata.txt to a bike graphic with your player on it.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
Is there a way to add the music during the character surfing, or using the bike like in the games? And I followed the instructions on the notes and in trainers.txt and the partner trainer isn't working, i get this:

Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `eval'
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'

Last edited:

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
nice to see some new updates to your game poccil, but i get the same error as well, will you help some nubs? :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
phoenixprime88b5:

What was the Script event command you used that caused the error above? There was a syntax error in that event command.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
i believe he used the one that your site said to use, the pbRegisterPartner command, i did the same thing and got an error :\

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
It was a mistake on my part. The note should have read:

Code:
pbRegisterPartner([b]PBTrainers::[/b]PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0)

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
hi, can somebody tell me what place this will be in the map please? and please don't tell me to read the note because I already have done this before!

and how can I add an item???

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Don't understand your first question, and for the second one, you can find it in notes.

pbAddItem(PBItems::Potion)

I think that's how you do it, anyway.

Years
@Lorem Ipsum - You might want to disable smileys when you post, to prevent stuff like :P to happen.

@Poccil - Just a few things you should take into consideration for the starter kit:
1. Faster EXP gain. Each time I gain exp, it's really slow. And I would much appreciate if it were faster.

2. In TrainerNames.txt, I would like it if you could optionally choose the vol. of the bgm you might have put for a certain trainer name. Some bgms are louder than others, and they are usually, for me, fixed in events, but not for trainers.

3. Theres something wrong with the HM01 Cut. Each time I try to use it, the name CUT is replaced by nothing, and in turn, I cannot teach it to any of my Pokemon, might be the same thing with other HMs, not sure, but it might be something you might wanna take a look into.

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Krobelus:

Point 2 is already supported. Although I didn't document it, putting a colon after the filename followed by the volume will adjust the volume. For example, "file.mid:50" sets the volume to 50 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back