• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Here's my first set of TornWorld Tiles.

Check Attachment.

All Set to multiples of 16, aka 16x16, 16x32, 16x64, etc

Requirments of Usage:

Give credits to Dark Clone: Purify Shadows for Torn World tiles. Sorry if this is a load but it took me over a week.

Ok I admit that they are sloped but that was what I was able to get from the screenies :\

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
Here are the indexed front and back sprites of Giratina Origin Form and Shaymin Sky Form:

Indexed by me

Give credits if used.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

This pack contains:

1- Lucas NORMAL walking set (Fit to Brendan's Pallete (R/S)) :D
2- Lucas using Pokémon outside set. (One made costumely because I found the sprites contains only four from TSR) (Fit to Brendan's Pallete (R/S)) :P
3- Rowan's Breifcase (Costum) (Fit for Birch's Bag Pallete (R/S/E)) :\

Requirments of Usage:

1- For me: Credit not needed, but would be appreciated! Give Credit to Pokémon Dark Clone: Shade Mew, However... not Nature Keeper. :)

2- The Orginal Ripper of these sprites is Kaori on The Spriters Rescource. She said in her requirments Credit not Needed. :)

NOTE: I made the sprites fit to palletes, so It's not Kaori's work only. ;)

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
this is one of the trees from hgss. give credit if used!
newtree.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
I have some revamped/ recolored yellow sprites. Some are real good, and some are real bad. No credit needed. Fire Red colors.
Spoiler:

pokemonyellowrecoloreds.png

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Well... I got bored, so I opened up paint and... made my first-ever trainer battle sprite! Yea I know, it sucks, but you know... some more training and blah, blah, blah... Oh well, it's in attachment, credit or not if u wanna use it, I'm a bored teenager, not a cop... So... yea.

EDIT: note that I did NOT use any pallete of any kind, so you'll have to recolour it if u want it to work on a ROM... Sorry... I think the size is correct, though...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Rotina para Pokéscript:
#raw 0x11 0x02 0x00 0x6B 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x03 0x01 0x6B 0x02 0x02
#raw 0x11 0xDA 0xBE 0x4E 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x67 0x5A 0x6A 0x02 0x02

Rotina para XSE:
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
This is how Mastermind_X presents the activation of National Pokedex in Ruby.

The upper sample is for PokeScript,
the lower one is for XSE.

nibbsy7

Head of LG Entertainment
Years
National Dex Base (FIRE RED ONLY)

I have finnaly got it working :D THIS IS FOR FIRE RED ONLY!
I have made a base rom file of the National Dex I made this myself. You get the pokedex upgraded when you talk to the old man who teaches you how to catch pokemon (in Viridian City)
just talk to him after he has taught you.

IF USED I REQUEST THAT YOU GIVE ME CREDIT.

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
HG/SS Starter Spirtes:
Cyndaquil:

cinda.png

Totodile:

totodiles.png

Cicorita:

cick.png

You are free to use them but please give credits to Raibaru and Ichrio Kazuki

Edit: Cichorita add

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
there was an awesome rom base for FIRERED featuring wonderfull tiles from Heart Gold And Soul Silver however the .RAR file included a clean FireRed ROM, which resulted in a deleted post. Here it is re-uploaded
i found this .txt file in the RAR it's pretty self explanitory
Dutch:
Als je deze base alleen gebruikt om de tiles en pallets uit de halen,
geef dan ''Mitchel1'' credits voor de 16 collor GBA pallet.
De rest gewoon credits geven aan KYLEDOVE voor de (normale HG/SS) pallets en tiles[/B].
Dit is aangezien de pallet naar 16 collor zetten, op formaat maken het lastigst was met deze HG/SS tiles.
alfast bedankt.
maar ik neem aan dat mensen deze rom-base gewoon gebruiken. ^^

English:
If u only use this rom-base to rip out the tiles and/or pallets.
Please, give then ''Mitchel1'' credits for the 16 collor GBA pallet.
And ofcorse give give KYLEDOVE for the offical HG/SS pallets and tiles.
Why giving credits for 16 collor pallet?
Because recollor the tiles with 16 collors limit that GBA support and making the tile fit,
Was the hardest of inserting the HG/SS tiles. Thanks in advance
But I suppose u just use the rom-base as it suposed to meen. ^^

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Hi, me again!

I've ripped some (useful?) stuff from HGSSpics, hope u like it.
Now, there's a LOT where they came from, so I just might add some new stuff time to time... Or not, rip them yourself, IDK... Anyway, credit not needed, but would be nice.
They're in attachment...

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Hi, me again!

I've ripped some (useful?) stuff from HGSSpics, hope u like it.
Now, there's a LOT where they came from, so I just might add some new stuff time to time... Or not, rip them yourself, IDK... Anyway, credit not needed, but would be nice.
They're in attachment...

Oh, BTW, check out my new sig! I don't know if this is too off-topic, but if it's possible to copy and paste, you can put it in your sig if you want, just credit me ^^! see, I made that a resource too! Not for hacking, but meh... If it is indeed too off-topic, then feel free to delete this part. Maybe I'll make a Ho-oh one too, just in case...
lol beat me to it...

HGSSSTUFF2.png

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
there was an awesome rom base for FIRERED featuring wonderfull tiles from Heart Gold And Soul Silver however the .RAR file included a clean FireRed ROM, which resulted in a deleted post. Here it is re-uploaded
i found this .txt file in the RAR it's pretty self explanitory
Dutch:
Als je deze base alleen gebruikt om de tiles en pallets uit de halen,
geef dan ''Mitchel1'' credits voor de 16 collor GBA pallet.
De rest gewoon credits geven aan KYLEDOVE voor de (normale HG/SS) pallets en tiles[/B].
Dit is aangezien de pallet naar 16 collor zetten, op formaat maken het lastigst was met deze HG/SS tiles.
alfast bedankt.
maar ik neem aan dat mensen deze rom-base gewoon gebruiken. ^^

English:
Because recollor the tiles with 16 collors limit that GBA support and making the tile fit,

Thanks m8 for replace it again ;) I though I'll place it with it (the clean one) so patching would be faster that way ^^ ah well learned something new here hehe :p I hope u all enjoy my newest rom-base. and use it responsible ^^
btw thanks for the possitive replays ^^
U know what let me place the post again so people know what they need to patch and now without clean r*m

~Ontopic:
Its finally done...
Here is the true HG/SS base..
It has the true shadows and tiles...
This is....
[highlight]Project Glowing Gold[/highlight]

Rom:
badge-firered.png

Credits:
UltramasterBDX: D/P/P textbox
Kyledove: de HG/SS tiles, pallets
Wesley FG: D/P trees

Missing:
Grass tile, couldn't find fixed HG/SS tile.

Toelichting:
Anyway to make it short, if u use the rom-base as it suppose to meen, please give me ''Mitchel1'' ofcorse credits for the rom-base but I think u all understand that :p

In-game screens:
rj1v9h.png
im8m4m.png

21d27fb.png
4pao2.png

Release ~14-06-2009~
It's a ips only
(Thanks to The blob of blobs for the new re-upload)
Here
-----------------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
ok, this is a combination of 2 ROM bases and my own contribution.
It is the heartgold&soulsilver patch above and the kyledove patch a few pages back
i combined the two added the hack warning screen, then added an (almost) complete sinnoh world map that is also in the ROM hacking resources, however some people find inserting world maps to be challenging so i made a patch for ya ;)
*looks up credits...*
ok credits for kyledove part of the base
(*)Kyledove - Most tiles.
(*)Peyi - PC and Mart.
(*) Punk Rocker - Palettes, some tiles I made.
and credits for HG/SS base
(*)UltramasterBDX: D/P/P textbox <~since i replaced tiles with kyledove, those look more d/p-ish,
credits...for me ^_^?
again, not manditory but appreciated.
but if you do, then the credit is for inserting the world map
I'll upload a screenie in just a sec

ok, this is a combination of 2 ROM bases and my own contribution.
It is the heartgold&soulsilver patch above and the kyledove patch a few pages back
i combined the two added the hack warning screen, then added an (almost) complete sinnoh world map that is also in the ROM hacking resources, however some people find inserting world maps to be challenging so i made a patch for ya ;)
*looks up credits...*
ok credits for kyledove part of the base
(*)Kyledove - Most tiles.
(*)Peyi - PC and Mart.
(*) Punk Rocker - Palettes, some tiles I made.
and credits for HG/SS base
(*)UltramasterBDX: D/P/P textbox <~since i replaced tiles with kyledove, those look more d/p-ish,
*edit* ok there is some more credit to be given from HG/SS rombase i found this out while makeing that screenie
Kyledove: de HG/SS tiles, pallets
and of course Mitchel1 (I kept those 'lake' tiles from original)
credits...for me ^_^?
again, not manditory but appreciated.
but if you do, then the credit is for inserting the world map
I'll upload a screenie in just a sec
ok here's screenie
2ibknwo.png

and the file is in attatchments

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I made this out of boredom. Ripped, resized, adjusted and indexed. Give credit when used ;)

2v16k3a.png

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Pallet revamps

I got bored, so I made some to me good (like the player house) and bad (like the fence) revamps of some stuff in the RBG Pallet Town, they're in FRLG colours. Enjoy.
Credit... Hm... Sure, let's say you should give credit if you use it.
It's in attachment (I can't open the insert picture window)...

Edit: Oh, just noticed: Sorry for the Window error on the Player house, you should be able to fix that...

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
An update to the previous patch i posted, it has a much,much much better world map.
*will post screenie of world map in a sec*
*EDIT*
here is world map screenie
attachment.php

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
Years
A bunch of sprites

I was making a hack, i quit, starting up again, but anyone is free to use these sprites, as long as you give credit to Datai, Bikdiponabus, Ikwaylx, Jack Luft, etc., (honestly dont remember all of them, but be sure to give credit to me, Krinoit, trying to get my username changed)

Its in a zipped folder because, there is at least 100 sprites in there, some of trainers and gym leaders, and most of them are custom pokemon sprites, mostly jhoto so enjoy to your nerdy content...

Years
This is basically a mini-tut/resource showing you how to change the keys on the intro of the game (the A, B, etc.)
On unLZ GBA, go to ~335. Use Black + White Mode. You should see an image like this:
scramblea.png

If you need to adjust it, use the +/- options until it looks like this:
scrambleb.png

Finally, import this:
ZXSAENTERSPACE2.png

Write to ROM and your done! There shouldn't be any need for repointing the image to a new offset, as this should be smaller/same size as the image before (or at least that's how it is on my ROM). If you need to edit the L/R text to say A/S, use A-Text's search tool, just type in:
Code:
If you need help
No full stops, no commas, just that. Hit 'Search' and on the right box, the full text should come up, saying:
If you need help when playing the game, or on how to do things, press the L or R Button.
Click 'Write to INI' and choose which Section you want it to be in. Give it a name as well. Hit 'Add to INI' and edit away! You can do that with the rest of the buttons, using the text that shows up on VBA in-game. I hope I helped. (P.S. if you just edit the two letters L and R to A and S, you may notice in-game that it's a bit screwed up. I recommend taking out the 'or on how to do things' part.)

Here's my finished result:
screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

Credits:
Spherical Ice (me)

This is the picture you should import:
ZXSAENTERSPACE2.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back