• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
where do you go to ask questions for dream world neighbours?

It...depends what you mean. This thread is where you ask questions, yes. By dream world neighbours you mean dream pals, yes? The best way to get dream pals is by (while you're in the DW) clicking "dream pal map" and clicking the name in the bottom right corner, it'll take you to their world, and then you just click dream pal request in the top corner of their world - and once they accept, they become your neighbour in a sense, easily accessible once you click on dream world map. The people you can visit are random, though.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
where do you go to ask questions for dream world neighbours?

You go to their islands and you press the chat button in the upper right. It opens up a menu that has a list of preset questions you pick from. You can't write anything, so it's kind of useless.

Of course, that's not what you meant, is it?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Egg IV's

How are egg pokemon's IV's determined in pokemon Black/White? I ask because I have two "perfect pokemon" I would like to breed, what are the percentages the baby will have all 31's too?

PM me please

nm legend

Years
can somebody please tell me an average wait time to get into the the dream world id greatly aprreciate it.......................... because i got the Black the first day it came out an when i have time to go to the dream place i cant play becuase the loading thing is always at 0%......thanks in advance ........im waiting for this thing to load right now

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
can somebody please tell me an average wait time to get into the the dream world id greatly aprreciate it.......................... because i got the Black the first day it came out an when i have time to go to the dream place i cant play becuase the loading thing is always at 0%......thanks in advance ........im waiting for this thing to load right now

Sounds like it's a flash issue (or really bad Internet). Upgrade your flash player and try again, make sure you're using a browser like safari or chrome too, 'cause later firefox versions could also cause that issue.

On a fast Internet speed it goes through the numbers really quickly and on slow it doesn't, but when it loads, you'll be able to tell because it'll progress from zero. XD

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I usually go from 0% straight to 53%, then 80-something and finally to 100%. Then it goes again for like three seconds and I'm in the Dream World.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I Can't Log in To My Dreamworld/pokemon-gl account... see i have a Japanese Version of Pokemon White and i didn't have any Problems logging in before but now in the log in thing that Says "ID" every time I try to type a letter it won't display but when its a number it Gets display like when i press the Y key the letter Y won't display in the ID box but when I Press the 4 key you'll see number 4 there....

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Something I've been thinking about, is there a great desire for EV'd pokemon only because of the time it takes to grind it out? When I feel like it I can EV train any pokemon in an hour or so, which doesn't seem like that much time, though I guess I can't judge on that considering I live a very relaxed life style.

If EV training was desired because of the time investment, is there also a very high demand of EV trained pokemon? In that if I grinding out an EV trained haxorus, what would it be normal to trade it for something like a shiny furret? Would the haxorus also need to be lvl 100 to be considered EV trained?

Perhaps a simpler question is, what does it mean when someone wants an EV'd pokemon? Just maxed EV's? Or maxed EV's and maxed level? Does it depend on the person trading? And is an actual EV trained pokemon valuable in common trades? Or are they for specialty trades where you only trade EV'd pokemon for other EV'd pokemon?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Something I've been thinking about, is there a great desire for EV'd pokemon only because of the time it takes to grind it out? When I feel like it I can EV train any pokemon in an hour or so, which doesn't seem like that much time, though I guess I can't judge on that considering I live a very relaxed life style.

If EV training was desired because of the time investment, is there also a very high demand of EV trained pokemon? In that if I grinding out an EV trained haxorus, what would it be normal to trade it for something like a shiny furret? Would the haxorus also need to be lvl 100 to be considered EV trained?

Perhaps a simpler question is, what does it mean when someone wants an EV'd pokemon? Just maxed EV's? Or maxed EV's and maxed level? Does it depend on the person trading? And is an actual EV trained pokemon valuable in common trades? Or are they for specialty trades where you only trade EV'd pokemon for other EV'd pokemon?

When people ask for an Ev'd Pokemon, they usually expect the Ev's to be right, I.e not just any old junk and also a good movesets, most people use the competitive battling movesets from Smogon. They're not really in high demand but people just collect them. If the Pokemon is really wanted then I guess a shiny Furret could be traded for it.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013

When people ask for an Ev'd Pokemon, they usually expect the Ev's to be right, I.e not just any old junk and also a good movesets, most people use the competitive battling movesets from Smogon. They're not really in high demand but people just collect them. If the Pokemon is really wanted then I guess a shiny Furret could be traded for it.

So then its more of a convenience to have an EV'd pokemon that already has a moveset? Makes sense, but I was still curious to see if there was something more to it than just training them. XD Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
I have recently been to the Dream World for the first time and met some older generation pokemon friends. But I only have 4 badges and I've heard that you don't get your national pokedex until you have beaten all 8 gym leaders. So what will happen if I try to import an old pokemon into the game when I don't have a pokedex that recognises it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have recently been to the Dream World for the first time and met some older generation pokemon friends. But I only have 4 badges and I've heard that you don't get your national pokedex until you have beaten all 8 gym leaders. So what will happen if I try to import an old pokemon into the game when I don't have a pokedex that recognises it?

It shows up as a ??? number until you get the National Dex, that's all. You can still import them and use them in-game with no problems.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Is there a list of released berries in DW? Or do they all already exist but you have to collect more points?

Most have been released, including HP healing, status healing, super-effective damage reducing, EV berries, etc.

But stat up berries haven't been released yet. Nor Enigma Berries, I think.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
yeah but I don't understand anything of RNG.

Well, that's a problem then.
You need to install RNG Reporter on your computer.

I won't go into detail here.

RNG Reporter will tell you what seeds you need to make, so you just follow along with whatever it says. Here's the best beginner guide I've found to seeding so far: http://blazingblyde.tumblr.com/post/4545152323/blyde-rng-guide-3 This will run you through some of the basics to get IVs and Natures. Use this knowledge to alter shininess. You will get shinies by looking at the PIDRNG (not the MTIVRNG) and seeding the proper seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back