• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Time to make the font bigger again - you're still using the small font.

I know, I have the hgss font but i can't seem to get essentials to read it, possibly because i don't actually know what the fonts name is

last update of today. All summary screens except for egg done

summary-new.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Theres been an update to the gts page on the website, it now shows information about the pokemon.

Also, the version 0.12 is out. This fixes a major bug with the gts

As usual leave it about 10 minutes after this post for the patch to become available

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
i download the new demo i go to professor oak for myl oan Pokemon and then it crash here is waht it says

Script 'interpreter* Edited line 276:Runtime error occured.

Script error within event7 map2 (pallet town):
Exception:name error
message (eval):1`pbExecute script` uninitialized constant
PBSSpecies: PIKACHU-NE
***full script:
pb WILD BATTLE(PBSpecies PIKACHU-NE,5,45,false

Interpreter*Edited241:in 'pbExecuteScrirt'
Interpreter*Edited1585:in'eval'
Interpreter*Edited241:in 'pbExecuteScrirt'
Interpreter*Edited1585:in 'command-355'
Interpreter*Edited494:in 'execute-command'
Interpreter*Edited193:in 'update'
Interpreter*Edited106:in 'loop'
Interpreter*Edited198:in 'update'

Scene-Map:96:in 'update'
Scene-Map:94:in 'loop'

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
are you running the latest version?

Edit:
Egg summary screen pretty much finished, just need to decide on what colour to use instead of white. Don't want to use black since its the main text
summary-new.png

New party screen almost done, just need to move around the text and icons
new-party1.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
thats strange, i've just played through to that point and entered the battle without issue.

I can see the problem, for some reason its picking an _ up as a - which is wrong, but i don't know why

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Party Screen Finished

new-party2.png

Anyone any ideas where i can put the ice rock so that eevee can evolve into glaceon? I know where i'm going to put the moss rock but not ice

Last edited:

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Unless you're including the Sevii Islands, I'd also go with Seafoam Islands.

The summary screen is looking good. But shouldn't you use the same size icon to denote Pokérus as status? It shouldn't be too hard to make a smaller Pokérus icon in HG/SS style.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
If you choose Seafoam Islands I suggest you make a new part to it (like a new room not a new island) which the rock is there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I think for now i'll go with the Seafoam Islands somewhere since i'm still undecided about the Sevii Islands at this point.

A new screen, the new bag screen. The bar at the top changes its icon depending on what pocket your in, and all pockets now have a bag image
new-bag.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2012
I keep receiving the same error when i was trying to play. i have just downloaded it off you website and done the complete update.

The error is:
RGSS104E.dll couldnot be found

I tried just renaming the file like most people have said and now i have an:
Error: 34

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Are you sure you fully updated it?
RGSS104E.dll is included in one of the later updates.

When does the Error: 34 occur? When you start the game? When trying to do something in game?

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2012
The updater says i'm fully updated.
I tried re-downloading and updating before anything and still had the exact same problem.

First the RGSS104E.dll couldnot be found

after i change RGSS102E.dll to RGSS104E.dll i get:
Error: 34 as soon as the game tries to open. Like as soon as i hit the application. I never see anypart of the game it just pops up says Error: 34 and closes.

To be clear all of this is happening before the game truly launches. I never make it into any part of the game. Not even the start up screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=J7H0Ys4IcG4&feature=youtu.be

This is a video of me and what is happening.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The error: 34 is due to you changing the name of the RGSS file. For some reason 104 wasn't included in patch 0.12. It'll be in 0.13
In the mean time, delete the one you've just renamed and then download and extract these to the game folder

http://lightning-yellow.com/RGSS.zip

new-trainer-card.png

New trainer card screen. Might change again at some point, not sure i 100% like it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2012
The files you gave me worked but now i'm running into this error.

youtube.com/watch?v=HIjyoz47Fxg&feature=youtu.be

Its at the end i just wanted you to see everything i was doing up to that point.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thats a well known issue with Lightning Yellow. I think its caused by the underscore in the pokemon name, but why some are fine with it and others aren't i don't know.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
@desbrina if ever you get to fix that error,(same error the intercept line 276 event 6/7/8(mine is 8) bla bla bla, tell us!

EDIT: okay i just tried the error again, it switched to event 7, dunno how that happened

EDIT: tried it with the un-updated version. worked fine w/o errors.

EDIT: about the 2nd edit.. it errors on the 2nd battle with gary (viridian city)

Last edited:
Back