• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Sarah smiled at all the similarities she had with Oz. "Well, you are quite the gentlemen! I am glad to have met you Oz. I usually don't interact that much with young trainers, most of the time they will ignore me and on the rare occasions I do battle them either I win and they walk off with a fowl attitude or I lose and they start to gloat." She shrugged, "I suppose it's how their minds operate. Many are just so young when they leave and that's never enough time to infuse all of the discipline they need."

"Blaze." Blaze said from the side as he nodded his head.

Sarah giggled, "Even Blaze agrees with us. Just shows that some pokemon know as well as we humans do. Anyhow, when did you start your journey and where do you come from? I see a lot of trainers around this ship so it's highly improbable that we all come from the same town." She said with a smile.

Blaze had his arms folded as he just leaned there, rather bored. That fight had been good he had to admit. Still he wanted more. He looked over at Sarah and coughed a bit to get her attention. Sarah rolled her eyes, "Seems he wants some more battles. Let us finish Blaze."

The Blaziken just turned away. "He does get his feelings hurt sometimes though. He'll get out of it once it's time for another battle. That or dinner."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ortzi "Oz" Aidyn

Ortzi frowned, thinking her words over. He certainly saw her point however... he had started his journey not far from the normal age children did. Perhaps he was just strange... or it was his drive that had brought him to remain as focused on who he was and what he desired to be. Or perhaps it was his goal that kept the grandeur from blinding his eyes so thoroughly. His goal was not for glory after all, not in the same regard.

"I would surmise that..." Oz thought slowly aloud. "The young trainers feel as though they have more potential and new strategies that the old would not know, never believing that perhaps those who came before could teach them anything. It's rather sad... and please do not worry Blaze. I am certain more fun battles await you. Anticipating them is half the fun."

Smiling at Sarah, the young man answered. "I started my journey at the age of twelve from the city of Altomare. It is quite the beautiful place, living in harmony with the water. It was a very fun realm to be in. However the start of my journey was likely unorthodox compared to the feats of many others. You see I..." He felt his cheeks flush and looked down modestly at his shoes. Alystar tittered as only a Togekiss could, knowing this story very well. "I wrestled a Houndoom." The admission was clearly sheepish, implying that at the time he should have known better and been more careful. "However at the time, I was unaware I had a Pokemon with me. It was a very impulsive task I gave myself and despite its success I still believe it was an important lesson for me."

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji VS Buster: Ghostly frenzy! Anger VS Determination! Rage VS Cunning!

That Shadow Sneak was fast, but Troll (lack of an Iron Ball notwithstanding) was faster. "Troll intercept with Confuse Ray!" the orange ensemble ordered. The sableye grinned and launched a bright yellow orb that orbited around the Duskull. However, it did little, nothing at all actually, to stop the angry ghost that popped out of the ground and slammed right into Troll. While Jarvis winced at the poison, he hit the bullseye, and the gem glutton skidded on the ground, getting back up and hissing at his opponent.

He then turned to Wolfsbane, hoping to find a pokemon who snapped out of it.
What he found was a Nidorino that was....... well....... thank goodness the ref can't feel a thing. So that's why their horns were bigger. The more you know.
Orenji figured giving an order wouldn't hurt. "Wolfsbane attack the Skarmory with Double Kick!"

What he got was..... well....... more of the same. Except faster and with seemingly greater need. Oh hell no. Not on his watch. "Wolfsbane whatever you do, do NOT hit THAT Skarmory with Double Kick!" The Poison Pin pokemon stopped, and looked at the ref quizzically, must be thinking its his trainer. The teen decided to milk it. "DON'T. USE. DOUBLE KICK. ON. THAT. SKARMORY." The Nidorino nodded with each word, as if knowing exactly what he meant. He proceeded to use Peck on the ref, then in a surprise, burst into a sprint and went for the steel bird, hopefully not to........ ughhh
He shuddered thinking about it, Buster wouldn't like it too much.

Back to the matter at hand. Troll can't scratch the Duskull, and Duskull has neutral STAB in Shadow Sneak. Troll has to outlast him, the only way he can is to hinder him. Risky, but worth a shot. "Use Taunt!" Troll complied by using all matter of taunting, in an attempt to get him angrier than he already is, ridiculous faces, sticking his tongue out, cursing in poke-nese as he likes to call it. Troll even did a speech to the young Jarvis (not that any human could understand anyways) that seemed to make him blistering furious, the poison not even registering in his mind. "Now try Leer!" The sableye glared at him, once again lowering his Defense, but the intent to enrage him. Hopefully its enough to make the little guy sloppy.

All that's left is to hope Wolfsbane can pull a miracle, and NOT put his horn anywhere. That poor ref...

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer
The worried Dee Dee tried to understand what Hikari was trying to tell him, but was unable to. He couldn't understand her gestures. But it seemed like it was something that Ayame considered personal, because she looked like she was against him knowing. Then, all of a sudden, her Lucario popped out and told Dorian via telepathy that his best friend hadn't eaten for days. That made the boy's mouth open wide, surprised.

"I-Is that so?!" he said, and opened the door, "Then y-you gotta eat!"

He grabbed Ayame's arm and pulled her along, leading her somewhere they could eat. And by the looks of the S.S. Anne, a great meal would be awaiting them.

But there was something strange to all of this. Dorian's cheeks were...normal coloured! He was holding Ayame's hand and wasn't blushing! Probably because the worry and haste stole the spotlight from the feelings he had for his best friend. And making Dee Dee stop thinking about the crush he had on his best friend was not an easy thing to do.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
George "Buster" Leggingsteele
Episode 1.2:
Battle with the Super Sentai Orenji!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! George smiled triumphantly when he saw Jarvis seemingly ignoring the Confuse Ray and slammering right into Troll, causing it to fly back quite a distance. Next up was Taunt and Leer, well Taunt made Jarvis unable to use moves like Confuse Ray and Disable for five turns. You could almost say that his Disable got disabled! Buster let out a chuckle at his little joke. No! Focus! He couldn't get sidetracked now! Leer had now lowered Jarvis' defenses even more - not that they were particulairly strong in the beginning - which left two conclusions to Buster. Either, he had no moves to damage Jarvis with and thus had nothing better to do, or he was setting up to make sure that his next hit would be the finishing one... However it seemed strange to George that he would make sure that his hit would instantly knock the Duskull out by lowering his defense... For instance, he had already been confused AND badly poisoned, why need to lower his defense? This led Buster to believing that Troll had no moves to directly damage Jarvis, but he still chose to be on hus guard for any tricks still left in Orenji's sleeves...

George then quickly turned to Eliza, surveying the events going on there. At first he had feared that Wolfsbane's confusion had ended when Orenji commamded him. However it was made clear when the Nidorino yet again attacked the ref, that this was not the case. Or was it? George guloed when he saw Wolfsbane sprinting towards Eliza, she had no was of defending herself how would she... Buster's face shone up, he had gotten an idea!

"Eliza, get in his line of kicking!" He said. Eliza tilted her head as much as the Iron Ball let her to give George a piercing glare saying "Are you CRAZY?!"
"Just trust me on this one!" He said happily. With a sigh - or what was supposed to be a sigh if this ball wasn't stuck in her mouth - Eliza dragged her head across the floor until she could see Wolfsbane running directly in front of her. The Skarmory then closed her eyes and awaited the hit as well as cursing her intelligence-liberated trainer.

*BAM* The kick hit her hard, but Eliza also felt something moving in her mouth...

*BAM*

It fell out. Eliza opened her eyes to find her jaw budged up and the Iron Ball laying beside her, seemingly wet from her spit. The Skarmory quickly stood up, she had no idea that her jaw could open up THAT much. So she quickly closed it, never wanting to experience something like that again.

"Good," Buster said, his voice sounding somewhat confident, "Eliza - Peck, and Jarvis use Shadow Sneak again!" he exclaimed. The Skarmory nodded and thrusted her beak towards Wolfsbane, aiming for the space between the Nidorino's eyes.

Jarvis - on the other hand - didn't say anything besides a wail and dove into the ground again, but suddenly something happened. Another Pokémon had made it's way into the battlefield. Normally Jarvis would ignore it, but under the pressure of confusion what he saw began to warp until it was unrecognizable. And the newcomer seemed more and more like a threat. So the Duskull quickly changed directions and headed for the poor Litwick and despite his trainer's protests, he didn't stop.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Part 4: Missing Persons

Day 2: Evening - Day 3: Noon
July 31st - August 10th

s_s__anne_remake_by_peekychew-d3raga7.png

"Captain? Captain?!" Carla burst into the cabin, Rogers swinging around in shock as the young woman slammed the door behind her. The newspaper fell from his lap as he turned so suddenly.

"I've told you, you can't-" He started. The Captain hated being interrupted in his cabin, especially by certain, loud, members of staff. However, he was soon quickly cut short by the frantic hostess.

"The police are here," Carla explained, "Apparently some of the trainers who were on our ship have gone missing." She rubbed her hands together in worry as she explained the situation.

Captain Rogers frowned, "So? What does this have to do with us?" He asked, puzzled by the girls anxiousness.

"Officer Jenny seemed certain that the trainers were targeted, all three disappeared at the same time," Carla recalled the stern look the Policewoman gave her, "She said there were rumours of-"

Sean raised a hand, stopping the girl midsentence, "I'll go talk to her now, whilst we're docked. I'm sure there is an explanation for this all. Just make sure the ship is ready to set sail once everything is sorted." He rose from his chair, a face of discontent as he left his Cabin, leaving Carla standing in the doorway.

Carla stood at the top of the gangplank, after walking around the ship a few times she had already worked out who was on board, and was waiting for the Fuchsia explorers to return from their day trip. Clipboard in hand, the hostess ticked off trainer's names as they arrived on board.

Sure enough there were names missing from the list. Ureshii Wagyu, Rajay Murdock, Ryan Blake... all missing. Checking their rooms, Carla could only confirm that something must have happened to them - their rooms were still full of luggage and personal items. The group of police, led by Fuchsia's Officer Jenny, waited for the Hostess on the docks.

"I've checked the records, it looks like we're missing three passengers," Carla passed over the clipboard to point out the highlighted names, "One is an elderly man, he probably couldn't get far on his own - but the others are two feisty trainers." Jenny nodded along as she scanned the pages of passenger information, barely acknowledging Carla's input. "I mean maybe they just got lost? It is quite a bit city I suppose and with the dark-"

"This man, did he have a Mr. Mime?" Jenny asked abruptly, pointing at the elderly Ureshii's photo.

"Well, er... I think he did," Carla stumbled, worried what her answer might mean.

The officer nodded, looking back at her subordinates, "Look for these boys," she commanded, holding up the photos of Rajay and Ryan, "They're likely to be injured or worse."

"Injured?!" The Hostess cried, "Or worse...? What happened?" Carla had only briefly met the old man, but still she couldn't continue without knowing. What is going on.

Jenny cleared her throat, signalling to her underlings to go about their duties, leaving the two women alone on the docks. "Mr Wagyu was found dead, in a dumpster by the security building on Route 15. A Mr. Mime was found cowering behind, at first we assumed it was the culprit - but with unconnected boys missing as well..."

Gasping with shock, Carla tried to make sense of what had happened, "He was killed?"

"That's what it looks like so far, we're thinking a psychic or ghost type attack - judging by the lack of markings, but definitely murder," grabbing a ball from her pouch, Jenny released a Growlithe out on to the deck, "Would you mind letting us take a look around? I hear your next stop is The Seafoam Islands, it would be easier to be on board, just in case."

"Seems like that's the only way," boomed the Captain's voice from the gangplank, which he had quickly descended. "We're ready to leave, as long as you're ready, Officer." He spoke with little enthusiasm, although for once his lacklustre tone suited the mood.

They boarded together, Carla quickly leaving the Officer and Captain in order to tend to the ship - making sure it was ready to set sail once more. "There's another person missing," stated Sean, once they were in the privacy of the upper cabins, "Nadia Elson. She was injured just yesterday - but it seems she has disappeared without being discharged by our Nurse."

"Are you suggesting she is a victim or a suspect?" Jenny queried, puzzled by the Captain's secrecy.

"I'm not entirely sure yet, but I do know she hasn't yet left the ship. She's somewhere on board, and innocent people don't tend to hide." The officer's eyes narrowed, a young girl is the suspect? She was dubious of the Captain's allegations. Nevertheless, it was exactly the reason she had come on board.

Ding dong, chimed the overhead speakers, "We're now ready to depart the dock. Please make sure all your Pokémon are on board and enjoy the ride. We should arrived at Seafoam Islands around Lunchtime tomorrow."

With that the ship departed, the lights of Fuchsia City falling into the distance, leaving the S.S. Anne to drift off in to the darkness.

Interactable NPCs

Spr_BW_Waitress.png
Spr_BW_Nurse.png

Wild Pokémon:

On Deck/In Water

Spr_5b_278.png
Spr_5b_183.png
Spr_5b_340.png

Spr_5b_347.png
Spr_5b_226.png
Spr_5b_130_m.png

Spoiler:

Trades:

New Pokémon wanted! Willing to trade a super* well trained Rattata. I'll be waiting in the trade room.
- Joey​
*Rattata comes at level 25, no matter what you trade for it.

Remember:
You may battle Angie Silvers, but do check nobody is in the middle of interacting with her directly. In the case of Nadia she can be assumed to be being looked after by Chansey, etc. whilst Angie is not in the Nurse's office.

If battling a fellow character, please make sure to be considerate and it might be best to write your battle together in PMs. You may also organise double battles with other players, preferably against a made up NPC team.

Officer Jenny is on board, you may notice her but you may not interact with her or her Pokémon.

If your character is not already on board then make sure they are caught up with this event by the end of your next post.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Hogan 'Iggy' Jules

Nudge, by this time had wondered right on to the field, and with the Duskull confused yet attacking, Hogan could see what would happen, Nudge would take the Shadow Sneak right in the face, and that is EXACTLY what happened.

The little Litwick took a fair amount of damage from the ghost type attack, ghost being super effective against other ghost attacks. In retaliation it brought both its little hands to its mouth as it let forth a thick damaging smog attack before spinning, aiming to get both teams engulfed, once this was done - the litwick giggled to itself before unleashing its most powerful attack: Heatwave.

"Nudge! Please get back here - this is not the time - return!"

But somehow the small candle pokemon managed to avoid being returned to its ball and continued causing havoc on the field.

Hogan was getting more and more irritated, but he could not let Nudge see it, after all she had been abandoned and the local nurse had said that Nudge had followed a number of trainers, but all ignored her because they thought she was week - but Hogan had showed her kindness and pity, and offered her a place on his team, but that had not been enough to change the pokemons attitude, so that from time to time, she plays up, so Hogan hoped that this trip might help...but so far it didnt look positive.

What to do? I could perhaps use Hazard or Surf to knock her out, but that would only lessen what trust she has in me.... damn

As time passed, more and more mayhem was being caused on the battle, and Hogan had yet thought of a decent plan...

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

"I-Is that so?!" Dorian eyes had widened and he looked quite worried. "Then y-you gotta eat!" Dorian grabbed Ayame's hand and leaded her outside the cabin, followed by Hikari and Obilivio.

'D-Dorian! It's really okay!' Ayame said to him but he wouldn't listen. 'I-i'm not hungry at all!' Ayame tried to escape out of his grab, but secretly she didn't wanted to escape, she felt all happy inside whenever he holded her hand. At the moment Ayame said she wasn't hungry, her tummy made a dying whale sound, which embaressed her and was the reason for her blush.

'(Thank you)' Hikari thanked Obilivo for telling Dorian what she ment. "(She'll finally get some food.)" Obilivio nodded at Hikari and spoke in pokemon language. '(She can be so reckless...)' Hikari sighed, but slightly smiled too. '(Ah well, i guess that's what makes her... Ayame.)' Obilivio chuckled.

Ayame decided it was no use to try to run away, once she should eat, the reason she didn't eat? Well...

*flashback*

A few days ago...

'Hey dear, do i look fat?' Ayame walked past a couple, in a hurry because she had to get home quick, in a few days she and her best friend would travel to vermillion city. 'Honestly?' The boy asked his girlfriend. 'You don't dear, and even if you were, i would love you anyway.' The boy told his girl. 'Aawwwwwwwww~' The girl made a soothing sound, the two cuddled up to each other.

Ayame saw what the two did. 'He would love her even when she was fat?' Ayame repeated quietly with a questionating face. Then she looked at her tummy while thinking about Dorian, suddenly she got the weird idea that she was fat. 'I need to go on a diet... No more food for me...' She then said, loud enough for Hikari to hear. '(No way! You're not fat! You're far away from fat!)' Hikari tried to tell her but Ayame kept running, Hikari was right, Ayame was really skinny, not eating would become unhealty for her.

'If i don't, Dee Dee will never like me back!' Ayame shouted back at her Poochyena, who then sighed. '(It's so damn obvious... I wonder when they confess...)' Hikari quietly spoke to herself.

*end flashback*

Ayame looked up at her best friend with a slight blush, then she looked at her tummy again. Dee Dee will never like me if i'm fat... The skinny girl thought, leaving a sad expression on her face.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Episode 1.3:
Penumbra VS. The "renegade" Litwick

"No Jarvis!" George's voice echoed inside the Duskull's head. However it was a few seconds too late. Jarvis' eye shrunk as he saw the new attacker blow smoke in his face, the Ghost-type coughed heavily as he breathed in the gas. It didn't feel to nice to be honest, but in Jarvis' opinion it had been better than what came afterwards. At first he felt the air around him and the attacker get hotter, then he felt a burning pain spread all over his body and finally he felt the sensation of being lashed back as by a whip. The Duskull was already out cold when he hit the ground after the Heat Wave connected. Buster's voice was full of worry as he said,

"Eliza! Get out of the way!" But as in the case with Jarvis, Eliza's reaction was too slow as well. Not noticing - or caring for that matter - if her attack connected, the Skarmory was engulfed in a wave of fire. She took a few disoriented steps back as some of her feathers had been blackened by soot. And with a loud "Skaaarrr..." she fell to the ground.

This was bad, this was really really bad. Both Eliza and Jarvis had been knocked out by an interfeiring Pokémon. Needless to say, George's first battle on the S. S. Anne had not quite turned out like he expected. But that was one interesting aspect of it at least. In fact, it was a bit funny for some reason and Buster let out a giggle. However, he quickly resumed a focused face as he tried to think of a plan for this Litwick. It had seemed like even the Ghost-type's trainer had been unable to calm it. That was not a plus at all. However a Ghost-type was a Ghost-type, and George had the perfect candidate for some ghostbustin' in his arsenal.

"Penumbra, you're up!" He shouted and threw Penumbra's Pokéball at the ground. Out of the spherical-object burst an Umbreon, seemingly taking a nap. He awoke at all of the sudden commotion and looked quizzically at his trainer before posing the question.

"Umbreon?"(What exactly is going on?)

"We have some ghostbustin' to do! So hit it with a Faint Attack!" George said with excitement and pointed at the Litwick who literally seemed to have a blast out there.

With a slight shrug from Penumbra - not noticing the current state of his team-members - the Umbreon started running towards the Litwick as a shadowy aura developed around him. Faint Attack was a move that always landed, so Buster was certain that it should at least take the Ghost-type's mind off of trying to harm stuff.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji VS..... Nevermind, stupid Litwick

Not much made Orenji silent, it just wasn't in his nature. However, a random little Litwick causing havoc in HIS battle was one of those moments. The pokemon responsible for this would pay. He returned Troll and Wolfsbane, proud of their valiant efforts, and released Maytec. The washing machine naturally was laughing up a storm at the situation. Even when a Flame Burst hit him directly, in fact he laughed even harder. That Pokemon was his to fight not Buster's. "make haste Maytec, lets catch the little bastard!" (cue Sentai pose)

Easier said than done now that he noticed the line of trainers wanting their shot at the ghost type. No matter, he had some serious firepower.
"Maytec, strike quick and true with Hyrdo... Dammit get out of my way, he started moving people that got in his pokemons line of fire, said pokemon giggling at the predicament. Then he noticed someone, Buster, going after the prize. Time to follow. "This way Maytec!" shouted the orange ensemble, the Rotom close behind.

"Our battle hasn't finished yet! And that Litwick is mine, fire a Hydro Pump now!" This time only Buster's Umbreon was between him and that wretched Litwick, and even both of them together couldn't stand up to the Nokia/Adamantium hybrid that was Maytec. The Rotom laughed Ripper Roo style and shot out a high pressure stream of water that would definitely hurt.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer​

Things weren't going very well. Both Dee Dee and Ayame woke up pretty late. The sun looked like it was setting as Dorian led his best friend through the hallways, looking for a place where they could it. It was very hard for him to find his way, as in a huge, luxurious ship like that it wasn't easy to find your way when you were there for the first time in your life. Luckily there were signs, or who knew where the boy and his friend would end up. Queenie was following, looking regretful about what she had done.

"Hang in there, we're almost there..." he said, then lowered her voice to a barely audible whisper, "I think..."

Some time after that they reached the Food Aisle. Just as Dee Dee expected, it was cramming with delicious-looking meals for him and Ayame to eat. In fact, just seeing all that food made him hungry, and his stomach growled!

"Well, heehee, I guess I got hungry on our way here!" he said, blushing lightly out of embarassment, "Time for both of us to eat, Ayame!"

With the hunger, and all the haste, Dee Dee had completely forgotten about the fact that Ayame's hand was in his. It would sure be fun when he remembered.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Link Hunter
''Receiving The Ticket''
-------------------------------------------​

The En Suite bathroom door opened and how steam flooded out, filling the rest of the room but quickly evaporating. Wearing just a towel Link stepped out of the bathroom.

Much better...

The how shower had helped, his body was feeling a lot less tense and besides he was feeling a lot better. Grabbing his suitcase and swinging it onto the bed he pulled out clean underwear, socks, and a new but identical to the previous white vest which he quickly threw on, including his previous days jeans. During this time his hair had started to dry off, and he walked over the mirror to comb it so that is fringe was once again half covering one of his eyes. He grabbed a can of hairspray from the suitcase which he used to spray substantially on his head, before ruffling up the top and back a bit before placing the can on the table below his mirror.

It was at this point he stopped to take his first proper look at the cabin in its entirety. It was very fancy, clearly no expense had been spared on the building of this ship, so much so that Link found himself again shocked that he had received his ticket for free, he wondered how much other passengers had had to actually pay for theirs, assumedly quite a bundle. Then again, his ticket hadn't EXACTLY how for free...

* Flashback*

''You may have defeated one of my Pokemon, but this last one is all I need!''
Not far from what was known as Rock Tunnel, which none except a few Hikers and Poke maniacs dared enter without a Pokemon with the ability to flash it up was a clearly experienced trainer wearing yellow and black shorts, a red and white top, and a golden black hat tilted backwards. He wore a confident grin and stood on the field in front of him was the Pokemon he had just released, a rather intimidating looking Typhlosion. The fire Pokemon stood growling, its golden red flames shining and dancing under the star filled sky, facing down its opponent.

Perched opposite it on the floor was a significantly smaller Pokemon, a black furred, black eyed Murkrow. Its face was just as stern and serious as the trainer standing behind it

''Is that so?''

Link spoke arrogantly but with a hint of mocking sarcastic fear. He ruffled the hood covering his head and slightly brushed aside the fringe covering one of his eyes, not disturbing that effect though...

The trainer who had introduced himself as Gold smiled on

''Heck no! Your Murkrow is powerful, but there's no way it can stand up to my Typhlosion, isn't that right pal!''

The Typhlosion roared in agreement without takings its eyes off of the dark bird Pokemon opposite it, who perched completely still without blinking, merely staring right back at its opponent.

''I'm afraid....the battle is already mine''

Link placed both hands in his jeans pocket with an almost bored expression on his face as he slouched further still

''The fact that this battle is two on two, and I have two left to your one is all I need''

Gold raised an eyebrow

''You're making no sense dude, and I'm not waiting for you to explain yourself, show me what you got! Typhlosion, Flamethrower!''

The fire type fully evolved from its Johto starter stretched its body forward and opened it's mouth, and with a roar, an incredible amount of fire exploded out of it's mouth and headed straight forward. Link responded calmly

''Up''

The Murkrow which previously could have easily been mistaken for a statue for the past minute suddenly sprang to life and shot high into the air, easily escaping the Flamethrower. It hovered high in the air waiting for its next command

''Oh it will all make sense now, duuuude'' Link spoke mockingly
''Murkrow, Perish Song''

The Murkrow closed its eyes and opened its beak; it began to sing an absolutely beautiful but deadly song in a haunting minor key. Black glowing musical notes immerged from the birds song and began floating in a large circle around the battlefield, trapping the two fighting Pokemon. Typhlosion looked up at the notes surrounding it, its face a mixture of awe from the songs beauty, but combined with a feeling of hearing nails on a chalkboard.

''Perish Song...?''

''Yes, Perish Song'' Link said, his lip curling into a sneer
''Perish song has a wonderful effect, which makes all Pokemon that hear it faint three turns after it has been sung, and if that isn't a simple enough explanation for you, you have three attacks, three...
After that, both of our Pokemon will be knocked out, and since I'm the only one with a an extra Pokemon left....this battle is as good as over''

Gold's smile was suddenly replaced with a look of shock.

''BOTH of our Pokemon? But that means your Murkrow too!''

''The trick is normally for me to now switch out my Murkrow, but seeing as this match will be over in three turns anyway, there's not much point, besides, I wish you great luck in using your three attacks on try and hit my flying Pokemon with your land stuck one''

The Murkrow's song ended and its eyes reopened, staring blankly at the Typhlosion, occasionally flapping its wings to stay airborne

''Three attacks is all we need...Typhlosion! Rock Throw!

Gold's Pokemon raised its arms and slammed them down hard at the ground on which it stood. Large sharp rocks erupted from the floor and were sent flying at a great speed into the air

''Dodge Murkrow''

The dark flying type once again sprung to life as it soared side to side, dodging the rocks thrown at it until the last one had flown past and landed some distance away from the battlefield

''That's one...''

Gold's face tightened up as he began to think fast.
There's gotta be a way out of this...

Suddenly Golds face sprung to life, and he called out with excitement

''Typhlosion! Use swift!''

Typhlosion leapt backwards and opened its mouth once again, but instead of fire this time glowing stars burst out and flew directly for Links Pokemon

''Dodge that!''

Gold said with a smile

Link took his hands out of his pockets and smiled right back

''While it's true that Swift attack never fails to hit its mark, it's is nowhere near enough damage to take down Murkrow before Perish Song takes effect, especially since your Beedrill failed to do any real damage to it beforehand. I assure you that even a second Swift attack will not be enough to take it out in time''

Sure enough, the golden stars slammed into the Dark Bird Pokemon with great force, knocking it back through the air, but the damage was not enough to prevent the Pokemon from being able to regain its balance in the air and continue staring at its opponent

''That's two''

Gold was clearly panicking, he had only one attack left, and the sneaky Murkrow was still standing tall, and had already proved to be extremely fast, especially in the air...he knew that unless he could take it out with this next attack, he would lose, the best he could do at this point was a draw anyway, because Link still had a Pokemon left, but Gold wasn't a quitter.

''Typhlosion, use one of the taller rocks to jump up and use Overheat! FULL POWER!!!''

Typhlosion darted backwards towards a collection of rocks, he jumped from one to the other, smallest to tallest before making a final leap into the air towards Murkrow. The flames on it's back burned brighter and hotter than ever, and the Pokémon's skin seemed to burn up inside as it roared

''TYPHLOSION!!!''

Overheat exploded out of the fire Pokémon's mouth, soaring towards the Murkrow

''Up!''

The Murkrow obeying the order of its trainer, angled itself facing up where it flew straight and high into the air, attempting to out fly the potentially devastating Overheat attack. It seemed to escape the worst of the attack, but it's wings were still scraped by a powerful amount of the attack. The flying pokemon cried out in pain, and no longer possessing the strength to keep flying, began to fall a long way down to the earth below

''Murkrow! Fly!''

About ten feet away from the ground, the Murkrow started flapping it's wings, having taken a full powered Overheat attack, along with a Swift, and attacks from the previous fight with a Beedrill, it was understandably getting tired. Finally it managed to gain enough strength to slow down its fall, but it still landed quite hard and was definitely exhausted, but it was still up and going, and that's all that mattered...

As The three turns were now over, the black musical notes reappeared and began to shine brightly, suddenly breaking into two circles which tightly surrounded the two Pokemon, spinning round and round and drawing more tightly in. The Typhlosion with a panicked look on its face didn't know quite where to look as the shining song sang to the fire type, before slamming into it's body and disappearing just as quick. The same thing was happening to Murkrow who was relatively calmer and clearly used to the process, the two Pokemon fainted at the same time.

Link unclipped a Pokeball from his belt and held it up

'Murkrow return''

The Pokeball released a beam of red light which hit the Murkrow, and brought it back into the ball which was shrunk and reclipped to Links belt.

''Looks like we're done here''

''I guess so...'' replied Gold ''But hey, can I ask you something?''

''If you're quick...''

''Do you often use that strategy? You know...letting your own Pokemon faint?''

''...If it gets the job done''

Gold walked over to his Typhlosion, kneeling down and stroking it
''Don't you think that's a bit cruel?''

Link had heard enough, without another word he turned around and began his walk downhill towards Lavander Town which was only a few minutes away. There was no way he was going to listen to the criticism of someone who couldn't even defeat one of his Pokemon on his own

I only battled him because he interrupted my training...Pathetic

''Impressive!''

Links attentioned were turned to the sound of the voice which he quickly saw were coming from a tall man dressed on a full suit with a long black coat, a pair of black sunglasses and black trilby hat.

Not again...

''You're quite the trainer aren't you!''

''You're quite the optimist aren't you...''

Link said with a smrik indicating the mans sunglasses. The man smiled and reached into his coat pocket, pulling out a white envelope

''A trainer like you should get on quite fine with this!'' he said extending the envelope out towards Link who looked him up a down for a moment before slowly taking the envelope off of him. He open it and reached inside, pulling out a ticket

''The S.S Anne Luxury Cruise?....What would I want this for?''

Link looked back up to question the man, but he had gone. Link looked all around him in shock, but the man was nowhere to be seen...

* Flashback *

Grabbing a clean (But identical) Hooded top from his suitcase, Link pulled it over his head and lifted the hood, then without making any effort to tidy his clothes, or any other part of the room for that matter, he grabbed his Pokeballs, Cabin Key and Pokenav from the bedside table and briskly left the cabin, locking it behind him.

Stepping back onto the deck and into the bright sun, Link walked to the side of the ship and looked out towards the ocean, all around were wild flying and water Pokemon, which reminded him...

Where the heck is Murkrow, it can't be long until we're lea...

Ding dong

''We're now ready to depart the dock. Please make sure all your Pokemon are on board and enjoy the ride. We should arrive at Seafoam Islands around Lunchtime tomorrow.''

Seafoam Island eh...

That particular location was well known as being close to Cinnabar Island, the place where it all started all those years ago...

Last edited:

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Hogan 'Iggy' Jules

As the litwick continued to giggle at the mayhem it was causing - she did not realize until it was too late that she had just been struck by the dark attack, the faint attack caused the litwick to soar into the air, a bit dazed, and a fair bit hurt, she sent a confuse ray towards the ground, her accuracy a fair bit off, so if it didnt connect at all, it would be of no surprise.

As she fell, she connected with a powerful hydro pump attack, sending her flying towards the trainer.Due to the super effectiveness of a water attack on a fire pokemon; landed totally spark out - no fight or resistance left in her and Hogan was able to return her to her ball.

Realizing what Nudge had done, he quickly walked up to the two trainers and started making a string of apologies to both trainers.

"I am utterly sorry to the pair of you - I think she must of sensed the anger coming from the Duskull - again, so sorry; I have a hard time with my Litwick as I had just recently caught her and had been informed she had actually been abandoned by her trainer and treated badly by other humans before I found her. So once again - I am very sorry for having to interrupt your battle."

It was not his normal way to be all chatty, but seeing as it had been Nudge that had caused the battle to go off tangent he realized that he needed to apologize to both trainers.

"If there is anything I can do to make this up - please, just tell me."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

'Hang in there... We're almost there...' Dorian said to her when they were still walking, or running... Dee Dee seemed really worried, it made Ayame feel bad for what she did. 'I'm sorry...' Ayame apologized quietly.

It didn't take long for them to reach the dinner room, even though it seemed like they were lost at first. Ayame was that hungry that she didn't notice that Dorian was still holding her hand, and looking at all that delicious food made her even hungrier.

'Y-yeah, let's eat~' Ayame said to Dorian when he smiled down at her and walked to the food. Still doubting if she should eat or not. But after awhile, she smiled and remembered what the boy said to his girlfriend back there I would love you even if you were fat she remembered.
She looked down at her belly, touching it with her other hand and then gigling to herself. How could i think i was fat?! Haha! Ayame thought.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Caydee Mint - Fuchsia Gym, Fuchsia Dock

Eyes were locked on the Venomoth for Ninetales. As it duplicated itself to start the battle, Ninetales kept his eye on the moving Venomoth, as it had surrounded him throughout the battle. The pupils from his eyes moves side by side, waiting for an eye on one of the Venomoths to move. None of them seem to move at all. The Venomoth started to drop a sweat, hoping Ninetales wouldn't notice, but a single drop of that sweat was able to be heard by him. His left ear tingled, listening to the drop falling on the ground. "Nine!" he shouted, and starts to use Confuse Ray at the Venomoth on the left side of him. Ninetales's eyes glowed red, as the Venomoth got affected by the rays of the confusion.

The Venomoth's eyes widened, and the duplicates disappeared. It starts to jump around, flying from corner to corner due to its confusion. Janine tries to stop the Venomoth from its confusion. She tries commanding it to attack. "Venomoth, snap out of it and use Poisonpowder on Ninetales!"

But the Venomoth was still confused, it slapped itself with one of its wings a few times. Ninetales grinned happily, it was his chance to shine again. Caydee was feeling the intensity of the battle now, cracking her knuckles hard. "Flame Burst, Ninetales! Do it while it's confused!"

Ninetales unleashed a different type of fire blasting from his mouth. Unlike Fire Spin, the streaks of fire are spread everywhere in Ninetales' path. The Venomoth got hit by the fire directly, and it was literally burned on spot. Its wings were caught fire, as it whined, complained, and flew all around the battlefield to put them out. Janine facepalmed at the suffering Venomoth, losing health as it flies scatteredly around the battlefield.

"Venomoth, you're basically done." Janine said, "Return and get some rest." She took out a Pokeball, and returned the Venomoth back inside. Afterwards, she placed the Pokeball back in her pocket. Sighing, she has one more Pokemon left, her weakest: Weezing. She knew that this was finally. If Weezing was her weakest Pokemon, she'd have to pull it off very well against Caydee's Ninetales. She decides to not give up just yet. "I'm still going to continue. I won't give up just yet, Caydee!"

"Bring it on, Janine!" Caydee shouted. "Ninetales, you ready?"

"Nine!" Ninetales said, with one of his legs digging on the rocky sand, growling at the Weezing.

As the Weezing came onto the battlefield, Janine smiled evily at the Ninetales. She then placed a mask around her face. "Prepare for a smelly battle, Caydee. Weezing's poison is so intoxicating, you'll need a mask for your Ninetales. Weezing, Poison Gas!"

The Weezing produced gas from the holes, filling the room with smelly poison. Brad, from the benches, took out two masks and threw one to Caydee. "Caydee here! Hurry!"

Caydee caught the white mask and puts it on around her mouth. She was able to breathe after putting it on. But it was Ninetales that has to get through this battle without one. "Ninetales, stay strong! How about a Flame Burst!"
"Niiiine!" Ninetales blasted a plume of fire from its mouth with the poison gas surrounding it. The Weezing's eyes widened, because the gas was burning out due to Flame Burst. It roared at Ninetales receiving the blow. One of the streaks of fire hits Weezing back into the gym wall, passing Janine as quickly. As the Poison Gas faded, Weezing fainted…after one single hit. Ninetales stood on the ground, wobbly because he's been poisoned by the gas. Caydee took off her mask and came towards Ninetales. Brad immediately followed.

"Weezing." Janine called at the fainted Weezing. "You did swell, just wish you battled better. Return." Janine takes her Weezing back into the Pokeball and glanced at it. "We will train later."

"Ninetales, you deserve a good rest as well." Caydee has decided to take Ninetales back into his Pokeball as well. Ninetales was poisoned from the gas, and Caydee has no choice but to get to a Pokemon Center before boarding back on the ship again.

Janine returned her Pokeball back into her pocket, and came up towards Caydee. She smiled happily at her, because it became one of her finest trainers to battle with. Caydee looked up to Janine who was smiling at both Caydee and Brad. "Congratulations on winning, Caydee. You were one determined battler indeed. I hope Brad learned a ton from what you've done today."

"Indeed I did!" Brad exclaimed. "I know what I'm going to do the next time I see you!"

"Caydee, on behalf of the Fuchsia City Gym," Janine started, handing Caydee a pink Heart-Shaped badge on her right hand. "I will award you the Soul Badge. This badge shows proof that you've been a great battler, and I know for a fact that you'll go very, very far. I'm proud of you."

Caydee retrieved the badge. "Thank you, Janine. You did very swell too! I apologize I did go a bit too far on the fire-type moves."

"It's ok. I've seen Brad's Charizard do the same thing." Janine snickered at Brad.

Caydee turned to Brad and smiled. "You have a Charizard??"

Several hours later…

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK" (click for sound lolololol)

"Well, Caydee. It's been great knowing ya." Brad and Caydee were at the Fuchsia City boarding platform, where the SS Anne is awaiting departure. Caydee still had Ninetales in her Pokeball, but it was already healed earlier. "You had a great battle, and I had a great battle too! With your skills, I was able to beat Janine as well. I thank you."

Caydee smiled. "No problem. You have my PokeGear number, right? So we can keep in touch?"

Brad shook Caydee's right hand and smiled. "I'll call you for any battling tips and concerns okay! Have fun on the SS Anne, lucky girl!"

Caydee starts to walk towards the ship, waving goodbye to Brad who's waving back at her. Caydee felt excited, but sad to leave Fuchsia City too soon. Though the battle between Janine was totally worth it. All by herself, she boards the ship…being the last to board actually. As the ship's doors closed up, the horn honked loudly and repeatedly…and was undocked from the ship. The next destination was yet to be determined, but no matter what, Caydee is excited to go for what's next in this remarkable journey.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Carla strolled around the corridor, looking for the right cabin. Soon enough she found the right once - Room 204: Caydee Mint. After knocking twice, and getting no response, the hostess snuck in to the room. Leaving the package on the bedside table.

Caydee ~ Thanks for the fun battle! -Janine

Attached to the note was a technical machine which Janine had picked out herself.

Caydee received a TM! This TM teaches the move Energy Ball.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Blaze just nodded at Oz's statement and Sarah frowned at his recollection. "You wrestled... what a Houndoom?" She actually had to take a moment to let that sink in and also to make sure that it wasn't some kind of joke he had told her. "Why would you do that!? Wild pokemon are very dangerous! You could have easily been killed!" She said with a frown. If she had caught her own kids playing with wild and untamed pokemon you bet she would have scolded them and would have grounded them for a whole year! Blaze just chuckled at the story and smiled a bit. It seemed that Oz's story had impressed him.

Sarah frowned at him, "Blaze, we do not encourage this kind of behavior!" She turned back to Oz. "Dear, young kids are killed by wild pokemon very often! You're lucky you weren't killed or maimed!"

Blaze just rolled his eyes at his trainers words. She could get like that every now and then. Tell her something that she saw as irresponsible and she wouldn't get off the case for anything. Still, a kid wrestling with a Houndoom? The image still bought a smile to his face.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Episode 1.3:
Penumbra VS. The "renegade" Litwick

George turned around at Orenji's words, did he think the Litwick was wild? That was most certainly not the case. However due to the huge wall of fire engulfing the field a few seconds ago, the stressed-out trainer must've been hard to see...
"Well, I'm terribly sorry dude. But as you can see, both of my Pokémon are out cold and- Penumbra!" Buster shouted as Orenji's Rotom fired off a Hydro Pump which swallowed both his Umbreon and the Litwick. Awestruck at the sight of the rare Ghost-type and terrified of Penumbra's safety, Buster ran up to his Pokémon with haste.

"Penumbra, are you okay?!" He said. After a few seconds without an answer, he deemed that his Umbreon was out cold. George returned the Eeveelution with a slight frown on his face and turned to the Litwick's trainer who started to apologize.

"Well," he said and started to move towards his two other Pokémon. "I can't really think of anyway for you to repay me," his voice grew louder as he moved further and further away from the trainer. Buster stopped infront of Jarvis, he looked at the small ghost with a hint of pity in his eye. Poor Duskull, lying there on the ground, almost lifeless and heavily breathing. George quickly returned him, thinking that he had to heal him before his condition worsened.

"However," Buster said to the Litwick's trainer as he started moving towards Eliza. "After I'm done with my other battle, I'd like you to battle me." George stopped before Eliza, like he had done with Jarvis. But as he saw the Skarmory twitch a little, the young man bent down and looked the steel-bird into her half opened eyes.

"Ska... rmo... ry."(I... will murder... that candle.) She said weakly. It was clear that the Litwick had pissed Eliza off greatly, she was just too tired to fully show it.

"There..." Buster said soothingly. He smiled weakly when he noticed that his Skarmory was just like she always was. He returned her quickly and started to walk towards Orenji and Hogan. "I'm gonna' go to the healing-spot," he said with a smile, "Feel free to join me the both of you. I guess that Troll and Wolfsbane are busted up after the battle as well?" George nodded friendly at Orenji, "And your Litwick needs some patching up too maybe? That Hydro Pump seemed pretty rough to be honest." He gave another friendly nod to Hogan and started to walk away. After a while Buster stopped and turned around to face the other two trainers,
"Where IS the healing-spot precisely?" He said, a little bit embarassed.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Eve Murphy​

"Mur! Murkrow!" the black bird cried as it floated over Eve. Oh good, now I know exactly who its trainer is. "I can't understand what you're saying, so how about you just go back to him or her, okay?" Eve called up. The bird swooped down and attempting to pull her hair again, but this time Achilles quickly scratched at it. The Murkrow lost balance and "fell" backward before regaining it and flying up again.

"Look, you, I can't tolerate your shenanigans any longer so I'm going to have to attack you. Since you're not leaving I'll assume you have no trainer," Eve said sternly. "Achilles, Ice Beam!" He lifted his head off of Eve's and opened his mouth wide, shooting the icy beam at the bird. The Murkrow sailed through the air, just managing to escape the would-be super-effective attack. Achilles had anticipated that it might be able to avoid it easily due to the fact that it could fly away, so he was prepared to continue shooting more and more beams until he managed to land a hit. As the beam pushed the crying Murkrow back, Eve pulled out a tiny pokéball which promptly enlarged.

She tossed the ball at her target. The ball hit it, opened up and a red beam surrounded the bird. The light glowed bright around it before fading away and returning inside the ball. Eve raised her hand and caught the ball after it flew back to her. The Murkrow dropped down into the ocean and quietly floated on the surface. It flapped its wings and struggled to soar again but it quickly managed and again floated by Eve as if to say, "Here I am."

Eve raised an eyebrow and pocketed the ball after it shrunk down again. "So you do belong to someone…" she said quietly. She stood there silently scrutinizing the Murkrow for a moment, then turned around and noticed the hooded boy she had seen before at the cabins. Had he seen what happened? How long was he standing there? What if this Pokémon was his? Would he be mad? "Hey," Eve said, her mouth curled in a grin though in reality she was somewhat embarrassed. "Is that Pokémon yours? Or do you at least know who it belongs to?"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ortzi "Oz" Aidyn

Ortzi gave a sheepish laugh at the woman's tirade. He was well aware of the dangers now and... he had been then. However, he had also been twelve years old, still under the delusions of male youth. "Believe me my lady, I was properly chastised. And... at the time I was also aware of how dangerous it was. However... the benefits outweighed the risks at the time." His voice spoke very seriously. "I was luckier that the rest of the pack had not come after me. If I had not, my things would have been scattered all over the clearing and many more Pokemon would have come after me and I mostly likely would not be standing here today."

Oz hesitated before continuing. "This does not excuse my actions... however there are times where dangerous behaviors are a must, especially in the case of a creature's pride. In the case of that Houndoom..." He returned Alystar, who pouted at him as he did, releasing that very Houndoom, Drystan, in the process. "I was lucky enough that it worked out for the best." The Pokemon growled at him lightly before submitting to the boy's casual scratching at his head.

Oz then smiled at Blaze. "You are quite enthralled by fighting as a whole aren't you? Even if you do not encourage it, the possibility excites you. Well, I'd be quite happy to face you again." He gave Sarah another quiet smile. "Rest assured miss, I have not been quite so foolish again. I wouldn't dare after the tongue-lashing I was given."

"You can't assist her if you're bedridden or six feet under Ortzi!"

His mother's words at the time made him stifle another chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back