• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When will you quit playing Pokemon?

At what age?

• Total voters

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Unfortunately I don't know how much longer I will be playing. The series really needs a new direction, and the nostalgia from growing up with G/S/C and R/S/E is starting to wear thin due to extensive amounts of replays. I still do not own a copy of White2, because I don't know how much it interests me. It's all same-old, same-old.

As long as the series is going to whet my appetite and give me the new things I would like to experience, instead of rehashes of what has been done, I will continue playing. I really can't specify an age...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I think I'll never stop playing Pokemon. Even if the franchise dies, why would I quit? I have a lot of reasons not to, a few of them being that the games are fun every time I play through them, there are some games I haven't played yet (None of the DS generation, actually) and there are a lot of unresolved mysteries in the games I've played already multiple times. So yeah, those are good enough reasons, really.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Pokemon is a part of my heart, I will never quit playing Pokemon games. Even if the franchise ends, I will continue with Pokemon. On my last day on Earth I will be playing Pokemon games.

Fomalhaut

Formal Hunt
Years
Ah, yes, I can see it now. A decrepit, well-aged me, lying on his death bed. My wife, lying over my shoulder, weeping "don't go"'s and "I love you"'s in my ear, and me, silently nodding, secretly using my free hand to save my gen XI game...

I find this answer to be sufficient. And I would pay wife-tan all the attention in the world, as soon as I saved the game >>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
When I get bored of the franchise. Right now I couldn't tell you when/if that might occur, especially since I've been known to fall back on the older games when the newer ones had been disappointments.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I will keep playing until it bores me. Who knows when that'll be. It might be when there is too many to get on one game. I am thrilled that I was able to complete the dex in this generation. havent done that since Gen 1.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm not exactly planning on quitting Pokemon, but imo Pokemon's going downhill every season. It's not much fun as it is before. I'll probably stick around and see what happens, but there's a 50-50 chance I might quit.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I don't know whenj I stop playing it, it might be in 5 years or maybe in 20 years. It all depends on how Nintendo is going to treat the series.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm not quite sure when I quit. I guess when I just do. I seem to go on a trend in which I'm really into Pokemon for a while and then it goes downhill and eventually springs back up later on.

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
I'll probably stop playing when something like Jagex or something takes it over and makes it into the next Runescape, for the DS.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
The nurse will say "he's dead!"
My wife will say "he didn't save!"
My grandchildren will say "he never completed the PokeDex!"

In all seriousness, I don't see myself ever stopping. When I've played 'em all (even the spinoffs) , and also replayed 'em all, I'll start playing fan-made games.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
Years
Going off one of the first like posts I saw, I'd relate to this.

But also, it goes to say that you would quit something when you lose your joy and entertainment value of something. Pokemon will always sort of be a part of my life, but as for the games, I suppose I would stop playing them when so much of everything becomes well known or common knowledge. It was fun learning about things in the game, or feeling accomplished. It really is a solo experience in regards to that for many people. After that, being able to enjoy your time with other people and socialize with it becomes important. At least, this is for me. I'm sure some others can relate here or there. I don't like being so repetitive with some things. x3

I'm not sure where the line will cross and I'll stop, but I know once the new or rewarding experiences stop, so will my interest in the games.
This may also be why I tend to just buy the newer games, and not really remakes or continuations unless I don't have them anymore or really have good hopes for them. I really like double battles though, as it's more innovative and has more flexible strategy options, so Colosseum and Gale of Darkness I still want to play and beat. Pokemon is a role-playing game after all.

Let's face it though, some people, including me, are just fans for life. Or a really long time at least.

Back