• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I've been following this thread for months now, and I've only just made an account so I can post some of my hopes for the next generation of Pokémon.

I would like to see Game Freak refine and develop previous Pokémon as well as introducing many more creatures this generation. Here are some of my ideas:
- It would be nice if Game Freak fixed the bug involving the breeding of the Nidos. Many people know about it, but they still haven't addressed the issue!
- I would love the fairy type to be introduced, as we have dragon, and it actually makes sense, as a lot of old Pokémon would fit into this typing. Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable should now be purely fairy type, along with Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Happiny, Chansey, Blissey and Togepi. Audino should be normal/fairy, and I also think Togetic and Togekiss should be fairy/flying. I would also like to see Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf all become psychic/fairy type. Maybe Mienshao should become fighting/fairy type too! And of course Sylveon will be this type, and maybe Xerneas will be fairy/steel.
- It would be nice if Vulpix got a pre-evolution! Name and design suggestions would be cool!
- A water/psychic evolution to Golduck would be nice too! Maybe a purple colour, with lots of jewels! Name suggestions would be nice again!
- Maybe a poison/dark evolution of Muk called Tarr?
- Maybe a water/rock evolution of Kingler?
- Maybe a poison/dark evolution of Weezing called Choking?
- I would love Tangela to have a grass/ground type pre-evolution called Tangulb.
- I would also like a psychic type Mr. Mime evolution called Master Mime.
- We all know it's about time Jynx got an evolution, probably keeping the ice/psychic typing!
- I think Tauros and Miltank should get the same pre-evolution, seeing as they have the same base stats and all Tauros are male, and all Miltank are female.
- I think Gyarados should be retyped as water/dragon. It is rumoured Game Freak intended for Gyarados to be this typing, but they didn't want him to be overpowered in the first games.
- Lapras needs a water type pre-evolution!
- I would love for there to be a poison type eeveelution called Fungeon, and a ghost type eeveelution called Ghouleon.
- Sudowoodo should get a rock/grass type evolution!
- I would love Stantler to get a normal/ground evolution!
- Game Freak need to fix the Azurill changing gender when evolving problem too!
- I would like a bug type Volbeat and Illumise pre-evolution called Fumblebee.
- I would also love for Torkoal to get a fire/rock evolution!
- I would really love for Banette to get a ghost type evolution called Shuppefeer.
- A grass/ground Tropius evolution might be cool!
- Chimecho should get a psychic/steel evolution, that looks like a large bell.
- A flying type Chatot evolution would be nice...
- Maybe an amazing electric/dark evolution to Zebstrika?
- It would be nice if Throh and Sawk got a normal/fighting type pre-evolution, a bit like Tyrogue.
- I think the Tynamo line should be electric/water, especially as Tynamo is the EleFish Pokémon...

Finally, I would like Game Freak to have these games almost be stand alone. I want to be able to catch every Pokémon with just these two games...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Finally, I would like Game Freak to have these games almost be stand alone. I want to be able to catch every Pokémon with just these two games...
That'll never happen. They want you to buy their other games.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
- It would be nice if Game Freak fixed the bug involving the breeding of the Nidos. Many people know about it, but they still haven't addressed the issue!

Its not a bug. They did that on purpose. That's why its never been fixed as there is nothing to fix. Nidorina and Nidoqueen were designed not to be able to have babies. This is the only Breeding issue I can think of that I know with these two.

- Maybe a poison/dark evolution of Muk called Tarr?

Best one ever!

- I think Gyarados should be retyped as water/dragon. It is rumoured Game Freak intended for Gyarados to be this typing, but they didn't want him to be overpowered in the first games.

That was just a rumor that actually has nothing close to being called proof. Gyarados as far as I've been able to research was never intended to be Dragon type and may never be retyped since he has existed for more than 5 Generations a long with Dragon types. Milotic, a Special Attacking version of Gyarados introduced in gen 3 is the same way. Very Dragonesque but not Dragon Typed. They are however pseudo dragons as members of the Dragon Breed Group.

- I would love for there to be a poison type eeveelution called Fungeon, and a ghost type eeveelution called Ghouleon.

We only get 1 new Eevee Evolution this time around and still no where close to knowing what type it is.

- Game Freak need to fix the Azurill changing gender when evolving problem too!

This like the other one isn't a problem since it wasn't changed in Gen 4. It seems to have been done on purpose to mimic some real world creature.

- I think the Tynamo line should be electric/water, especially as Tynamo is the EleFish Pokémon...

Just because its a fish doesn't mean it has to be Water Typed. Tynamo cannot be found in water and isn't part of either Water Breeding groups, instead part of the shapeless (Amorphous/Indeterminate) breeding group. Then you have a Pokemon like Stunfisk which does live in water, but is Ground/Electric.

This completely defeats the purpose of the Pokemon games. They are meant to promote connectivity between players and force us to trade to complete the Pokedexes. If they were to ever do a stand alone it will never have a full Pokedex. It would have about half (best case scenario but seeing as this is the largest possible Pokedex they'll allow its not very likely) the known Pokemon available in some way directly in the game, and force us to trade between past generations and other players to complete the Pokedex 100%.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping these games have more exclusives, BW were nice but they could still use more differences.

I wonder if these games will have something similar to Unova's extralink, the B2W2 version was helpful for getting items like shards.

Guy

just a guy
Years
NEway, where did you get that screen, or is that grabbed from the first trailer?
Yup, came from the first trailer.

I'm hoping these games have more exclusives, BW were nice but they could still use more differences.

I wonder if these games will have something similar to Unova's extralink, the B2W2 version was helpful for getting items like shards.
So long as none of those exclusives include area-exclusive cities. I wasn't so keen on the concept of the White Forest and Black City.

As for Entralink, I don't really have much two say about whether they bring it back or not. I've never once accessed the Entralink in my games so I wouldn't miss it if they didn't and I probably wouldn't use it if they did.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As for Entralink, I don't really have much two say about whether they bring it back or not. I've never once accessed the Entralink in my games so I wouldn't miss it if they didn't and I probably wouldn't use it if they did.
You never used the Dream World? You use the Entralink to pick up your new dream friends.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I kind of don't want to see the Dream World return in general anymore. It was more hassle than it was really worth, plus they still haven't gotten around to even releasing a good portion of the new abilities yet. Plus, only growing berries in the Dream World was just a weird move to me. Anything involving it (Entralink included) I wouldn't mind doing away with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dream World I don't really feel too strongly about it returning or not, however...

Entralink was kind of useless in general so I wouldn't mind if that didn't return because really, it just... had very little use in Unova, and the same would likely apply to these games.

Guy

just a guy
Years
You never used the Dream World? You use the Entralink to pick up your new dream friends.

Cyclone
Nope, but unlike Entralink, the Dream World is something I hope doesn't make a return this generation. It just feels too disconnected from the games in my opinion.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've decided to start using the DW - and, consequently, the Entralink - to collect all the Berries from DW growing, having already traded in the Rank 8 Berries; my hope is we can send items to Gen. VI and import missing Berries in that generation, but I'm not counting on it.

Meanwhile, I do have some DWFs. I wonder if the third ability bit will be continued or whether the DW even exists beyond Gen. VI starting.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly if anything if there was a more accessible way for Hidden Grottos to be included so we could get Dream World abilities without having to deal with using the Dream World (or if they just reset faster) I'd be happy. I don't like having to rely on playing tedious minigames to get the better abilities for Pokémon I want to use. I'd still prefer them to just be found in the wild, but I sadly doubt that would ever come to fruition.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
This. I was always really confused as to the existence of Dream World if...we could essentially accomplish the same thing within Hidden Grottos. .___. I'd like those brought back, if anything, but not the Dream World itself.

Yeah, just drop Dream World, and make the abilities randomly occurring. Hidden Grottoes would be nice to see return. I wish you could soft reset to change the Pokemon's nature, gender, etc..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It'll mean a ton more exclusives, as I don't see them including all the DW Pokémon in both games...and maybe they'll leave some out for third version,or Sequels, and Hoenn remakes if and when they come (the if applies to all three things btw).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It'll mean a ton more exclusives, as I don't see them including all the DW Pokémon in both games...and maybe they'll leave some out for third version,or Sequels, and Hoenn remakes if and when they come (the if applies to all three things btw).
Hoenn is the next in line for a remake, if anything, methinks. Thus, I would not be surprised to see Hidden Grottos added there and the hidden abilities scattered among those. Especially ones not seen in B2/W2.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah I think DW mons will finally all be released in the games rather than wait for the remakes. GF is only just starting to be really nice so why not? :3

blue

gucci
Years
I think Hidden Grotos would be substituted by Secret Bases in the Remakes.. as for the DW, they could carry it on but for how long? I just say let the DW abilities be randomly generated on wild Pokemon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
My idea is to bring back an island a la Mirage Island where various Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities can be found. Depending on the day, time, season, and what version you have, different Pokémon will appear in that area. To find access to the island, you must first solve a puzzle sort of like how we had to unlock the Regi Trio in RSE. I think this would be far more fun and less of a hassle than bringing back Dream World again.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really like that idea. If I'm interpreting you correct, you just mean you solve the puzzle once like the Regis and then you have access to the island forever? And then depending on the factors you listed you could catch different hidden ability Pokémon? If so, yes yes yes yes yes. That sounds like a much better idea than a giant disconnect from the games with tedious minigames that no one wants to play =P

Guy

just a guy
Years
I really like that idea. If I'm interpreting you correct, you just mean you solve the puzzle once like the Regis and then you have access to the island forever? And then depending on the factors you listed you could catch different hidden ability Pokémon? If so, yes yes yes yes yes. That sounds like a much better idea than a giant disconnect from the games with tedious minigames that no one wants to play =P
Yes, you got it!

Mirage Island was incredibly difficult to find in RSE, so if they did something like this, they would have to make it easier to find than that. Adding in a one-time only puzzle to unlock the area seems like the best way to go about doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back