• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
But I'm not in a script. What do you mean by the way?

I mean why do you have the ! above your head? Are you in an event or script tile or something?

Hello guys~
Can someone direct me to a "decapitolization patch" for Fire Red? I keep finding complete ROM bases for it, but no actual patches that I can apply to my already-edited ROM.

There are a bunch in the ROM hacking resources thread

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Maybe it's because you didn't repoint it or you misaligned it in the pic

But that's the thing, the normal arrow comes up, but then it flashes to the buggy one, then back to the normal one. If I didn't repoint it, wouldn't the whole thing be buggy?

GoGoJJTech

Years
But that's the thing, the normal arrow comes up, but then it flashes to the buggy one, then back to the normal one. If I didn't repoint it, wouldn't the whole thing be buggy?

Same happens with overworlds, sometimes only the top 16 x 16 is shown. The last half is still there, but bugged. Not repointing is bad people

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Same happens with overworlds, sometimes only the top 16 x 16 is shown. The last half is still there, but bugged. Not repointing is bad people

Okay, well, I find out the problem. I was using Jpan hack, and used the sprite change for the hero, and apparently that was what caused the arrow to be buggy.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Okay, well, I find out the problem. I was using Jpan hack, and used the sprite change for the hero, and apparently that was what caused the arrow to be buggy.

Oh pfft lol

Now I have a question (not so simple, not exactly expecting a quick answer).
As you may or may not know or care, I'm in dev of 493 on Fire Red.
I have everything under control as of now except for pokedex loading new pokemon, and cries. Now, I'm focusing on cries. I know that pokemon over 0xfb (251 celebi) Have another order in which they read cries which is why Kecleon's cry is after celebi's in the cry table. Now, I repointed the cry conversion table at 0x82539D4. Since the routine strictly reads cries over 0xfb, I didn't bother putting in numbers under it. However, the cries refuse to read correctly, and most share Turtwig's cry or just play a cry backwards (which is known why). Anyone know anything on this cry conversion thing?

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hello, I'm trying to add pokemon music to my Pokemon FireRed hack. So I have a Music, and I've converted it into a MIDI file. The MIDI sounded so different but still okay, as it resembles the old file a bit. Then when I use Mid2Agb to convert it to an "S" file, and assemble it into the game with SAPPY, the music is beyond recognition.

What can I do?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hello, I'm trying to add pokemon music to my Pokemon FireRed hack. So I have a Music, and I've converted it into a MIDI file. The MIDI sounded so different but still okay, as it resembles the old file a bit. Then when I use Mid2Agb to convert it to an "S" file, and assemble it into the game with SAPPY, the music is beyond recognition.

What can I do?

This is because gamefreak's voicegroups don't have all the instruments, only what they use. You must import instruments. It's not going to just know what to do man! XD
My mega-huge sappy tutorial covers this.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
This is because gamefreak's voicegroups don't have all the instruments, only what they use. You must import instruments. It's not going to just know what to do man! XD
My mega-huge sappy tutorial covers this.

I see! Okay, I'll look at the tut, thanks.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Uh, I'm still having some trouble with this. :s

Some more screenshots to highlight the problem:
Spoiler:

* When I interact with the sprite from below (frame 0), the bottom majority of the sprite is invisible.
* When I interact with the sprite from above (frame 1), the sprite appears on top of the player and the top is cut off instead.

The only thing I can think of is it's a problem to do with Free Space, more-so with the latter off-sets? Having said that,despite the ROM not being initially un-used (I did a good bit of scripting etc.), I don't think I got to the 900000s. Idk. :s

I've tried some things so far but nothing seems to have solved it (changing some of the bytes which i felt might be inaccurate. You can see this above or by clicking here.

Thank you. :) Sorry it's not the typical problems but it's been driving me a bit insane. xD

Fixed it. :) I inserted a new palette too. The only problem now is that the sprite doesn't move/some of the frames aren't working however I've encountered this problem before and hopefully I can fix it again. ^.^ If anyone has any comments I'd appreciate it though. :)

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have problem with DNS. Okay, so I made a level script cutscene. After the trainerbattle, the day and night system doesn't work, and it reverts to original. After warping away (through the level script action), the Day and Night system works again (I'm using JPAN engine btw).
Q7gdokJd6JMzuyVZCMYNGi-ngp3sOpBAD-rqlc-TNPs=w240-h160-no
GREEN+HACK+BETA_07.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_08.png

In addition, how do I edit the animation of the Waterfall?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
There are two maps for Saffron City. What's the difference between them, and which one should I use (if it matters)?

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
I have problem with DNS. Okay, so I made a level script cutscene. After the trainerbattle, the day and night system doesn't work, and it reverts to original. After warping away (through the level script action), the Day and Night system works again (I'm using JPAN engine btw).
Q7gdokJd6JMzuyVZCMYNGi-ngp3sOpBAD-rqlc-TNPs=w240-h160-no
GREEN+HACK+BETA_07.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_08.png

In addition, how do I edit the animation of the Waterfall?

If you have disabled the DAN in battles, it will bug afterwards...

You must research the Waterfall tiles via logging in VBA-Development.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
If you have disabled the DAN in battles, it will bug afterwards...

You must research the Waterfall tiles via logging in VBA-Development.

I tried enabling DAN in battle as well, and it's still like that.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
I'm trying to do an Experiment hack or maybe a Hack I'll be working on so I can share it with you guys but I need one thing.....

1.De-Capitalization Patch for Firered

If you can give me links that will be better.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm trying to do an Experiment hack or maybe a Hack I'll be working on so I can share it with you guys but I need one thing.....

1.De-Capitalization Patch for Firered

If you can give me links that will be better.

I believe Kurapika's G3T's Anti-Exploud can help you with that.
I also added a 2nd tool, Anti-Exploud, it is meant to help hackers easily replace some pieces of text, mainly for decapitalisation
Though I haven't tried that yet however.
Just remember to save some back-ups of your ROM.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
There are two maps for Saffron City. What's the difference between them, and which one should I use (if it matters)?

The first Saffron City map (3.10) is the one which you use in game while the second one (3.11) has no scripts attached and is used to make the connecting routes (5, 6, 7 and 8) appear connected to the city from their perspective. If you stand as close as you can to Saffron City while on those routes you might be able to see one or two tiles from 3.11, but other than that it doesn't have any purpose. I have no idea why GameFreak thought making a replica Saffron City was better than extending the routes one or two tiles in width/ height.

And no, there no real need to use one over the other unless you want to save 3.10's scripts and events :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back