• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
my game is giveing me problems, its the elder scrolls 4 OBLIVION (game of the year btw), anytime i enter the overworld, CRASH! enter sewers? CRASH! enter any area w/ water? CRASH! exit a city (e.g: BRUMA)? CRASH!

i tried alot of things 2 fix it, patches, modding the .idi file, downloads... no luck, i rly need help... but i tried a site... it says the hardware t&l (transform and lighting) fails, but my game l4d, has the same problem, but it dznt crash, only lags (major lag in dead air)

im not buying a new comp... cnt afford 1 but other ideas r majorly welcome
Have you tried running it on the lowest graphics settings? That should be the most obvious course of action if you're having video problems.

More specifically, though I'm best-guessing;
Try turning the option that goes "none, bloom, HDR" to none.
If there's an option for choosing the pixel shader, set that to 1.0 (might have to be done via the in-game console if anywhere).
Turn shadows off.
Turn reflections off (both windows and water).

Also, try looking around on forums for people who were/are having the same problem as you. Given the age of the game it's likely the issue has been discussed and resolved someplace.

If you haven't already then I recommend getting this, the 'Unofficial Oblivion Patch' as an aside. Don't expect it'll fix the problem you're having, but it stops a lot of quests becoming broken and suchlike occurances. Things Bethesda should've fixed themselves but never did.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
Have you tried running it on the lowest graphics settings? That should be the most obvious course of action if you're having video problems.

More specifically, though I'm best-guessing;
Try turning the option that goes "none, bloom, HDR" to none.
If there's an option for choosing the pixel shader, set that to 1.0 (might have to be done via the in-game console if anywhere).
Turn shadows off.
Turn reflections off (both windows and water).

Also, try looking around on forums for people who were/are having the same problem as you. Given the age of the game it's likely the issue has been discussed and resolved someplace.

If you haven't already then I recommend getting this, the 'Unofficial Oblivion Patch' as an aside. Don't expect it'll fix the problem you're having, but it stops a lot of quests becoming broken and suchlike occurances. Things Bethesda should've fixed themselves but never did.

tried most of those, not working either -_- and its not the quests tht r broken, its the water thts broken

and HOW do i manage 2 put it on 1.0?

Last edited:

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years

There are several types of "Charge at home, then use to charge devices away from home" type deals, such as this one, which very directly shows that it has an adapter for the DSi, among other things. The DSi and 3DS actually have the exact same chargers. (They're literally interchangeable.) So anything that works with the DSi should work with the 3DS.
Wow, are they typically that expensive? (thanks for the link btw)

Will it also work with the DS Lite?

EDIT: What about something like this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
tried most of those, not working either -_- and its not the quests tht r broken, its the water thts broken?
Just said as an aside, not so much to do with your problem, but a general recommendation which could on the off chance make the problem go away. Doubt that, but thought I'd mention it.

and HOW do i manage 2 put it on 1.0?
Looking about I'm not sure one can, but to open the console press the key to the left of 1, could be `, could be ~, or something else, depends on your keyboard. That opens the console.
Type bAllow30Shaders=0
That doesn't set the shader model to 1.0, I'm not sure if anything really does, it just disallows 3.0 (Oblivion normally runs on 2.0, apparently), and it should be set to 0 by default anyway.

Failing everything else, if you've got a kind of computer you can open the case and change parts of, you could simply upgrade the video card without buying a whole new system.

Sorry I'm not much of a help but I thought better than to say nothing.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
tried the shaders thing (and i use the console alot)... no luck... still crashes

wuts the best vid card i culd get fer under or at $300? (max budget if i say so)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Is there a way to send messages via DS systems to people a great distance away? I know the PictoChat allows message exchange, but I'm under the impression the senders have to be within a very short distance from each. What if I wanted to chat with someone in another city in my state? What about in another country? I would think if Nintendo fixed it so Pokemon Black and White players can battle people across the world on Wi-Fi, we could also chit-chat with people. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Can my PC run Fallout 3?

Pc specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 3,00 GB
System-type: 64-bit Operating System

Someone think it can run it?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

I usually use that to tell whether my computer will run something. It's never failed me yet, but I guess your mileage will vary. You just have to install something which I'm... pretty sure is quite harmless. It reads your specs and then you can use the site to tell what'll be compatible and whether it's bare minimum or recommended settings.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
Spectator Mode on Brawl?

I just got online to play Smash Bros Brawl, and the Spectator Mode and the Options were gone. I figured a lot of people play Brawl, so I thought PC would be a good place to ask.
Is Spectator Mode and Options gone for anyone else, or is it just me?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I just got online to play Smash Bros Brawl, and the Spectator Mode and the Options were gone. I figured a lot of people play Brawl, so I thought PC would be a good place to ask.
Is Spectator Mode and Options gone for anyone else, or is it just me?
Moved this into the quick questions thread in Video Gaming. Other Chat was not the right place! :)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I get the PS3 Motion Controller to run? I charged it and everything but it still won't come on. What am I doing wrong?

Years
How do I get the PS3 Motion Controller to run? I charged it and everything but it still won't come on. What am I doing wrong?

What do you mean it won't come on? You mean the controller itself doesn't switch on? Or you can't connect it to the PS3?

If you mean it won't turn on, power wise, it might be faulty, so I would take it back to the shop that you bought it at.​

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
When I play games that require it, the thing doesn't light up like it's supposed to, and the game won't sense it at all.

Years
Have you tried connecting the controller vire the USB cable to the PS3 system? That is how you register the normal controllers, so try that, if you haven't already.

If you have done this and the controllers seem to be completely dead and you have charged them correctly, then ring the shop and explain it to them and ask for a replacement.​

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
But I don't have a PS3 USB cable. And I can't find a place around here that sells them.

Years
But I don't have a PS3 USB cable. And I can't find a place around here that sells them.

Uhh... the PS3 comes with at least 1 USB connection, otherwise you wouldn't be able to sync your controller with the PS3 and I am sure the PS Move comes with one.

The official name for the cable you want is a 'mini B plug USB'. They are VERY common and you can pick them up on the internet for hardly anything.​

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
i was wondering if anyone had borderlands for 360 and wanted to play with a lonely gamer o---o pm me if interested

Back