• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about an evolution for Minun and Plusle? I know they're Hoenn's Raichu (I prefer Rai over Pika) clones but Raichu got a baby evolution outside of it's generation so maybe the other Raichu clones will too...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Electabuzz/Magmar would have gone to the first list as a trio that split up in Gen 4 thanks to gaining evolutions while their third didn't.

Same evolutions aren't pairs.

Cleffa/Igglybuff both go with every other baby that was introduced in Gen 2 with same evolution methods, Pichu, Togepi.

Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime were introduced in different eras. Same as Hera and Pinsir. They can't be pairs. Nothing matches up except for evolution standards but then they can share this with other Pokemon as well. Hardly even qualifies for being able to pair up. As for Hera and Pinsir, they were only paired after Pinsir lost its original pair partner. This to me was just done as an excuse to keep Pinsir paired. Other than that not much is similar.

There isn't much similarity between the last set of pairs either. At least they were introduced in the same generations, but they all hardly qualify as pairs seeing as the two have next to nothing alike.

I don't believe that GF even pairs Pokemon up unless they were designed to play off one another or designed for Tag battles. For the latter that's pretty much just Gen 3 Pokemon.

Electabuzz/Magmar were not part of a trio. Jynx (I assume) is distinct from them in several ways (being weaker, having a Psy type, being female, obtained in its own way..), but even simply from a design viewpoint.. Magmar and Electabuzz are both humanoid versions of an animal, with patterns across their body that clearly show off their element. Whereas Jynx is something else entirely and I would never guess the Ice type.

But anyhow. Care to elaborate what you meant by "pairs" then?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Electabuzz/Magmar were not part of a trio. Jynx (I assume) is distinct from them in several ways (being weaker, having a Psy type, being female, obtained in its own way..), but even simply from a design viewpoint.. Magmar and Electabuzz are both humanoid versions of an animal, with patterns across their body that clearly show off their element. Whereas Jynx is something else entirely and I would never guess the Ice type.

But anyhow. Care to elaborate what you meant by "pairs" then?

Electabuzz, Jynx, and Magmar were a trio until Gen 4 broke them. They have always been regarded as a trio by fans until two got an evolution. They share the Electric/Ice/Fire grouping as the Legendary Bird trio which is rumored that they were supposed to be the legendary trio until the birds replaced them.

All the pairs are directly linked to one another by existence.

Nidoran M and Nidoran F. While separate Pokemon, they are part of the same family.

Volbeat and Illumise share the Nidoran relationship. They are two separate Pokemon that are part of the same family.

Plusel and Minun were designed for Tag battles. Having identical patters, move sets, and abilities that were originally just for them and used to power one another up during tag and double battles.

Lunatone and Solrock share a backstory of being from the same origin, share the same moves.

Zangoose and Seviper share a history. While its not a nice history, they still directly influenced each other's design.

Latios and Latias are from the same family and share a history with one another.

Newest pair is Karrablast and Shelmet. Since the two need each other to evolve I don't think they'll ever lose their pairing.

These are pretty much always shown together and around the same areas. Where you find one, you find the other if both are available if not then they are available in two separate games in the same area.

Most others came into existence through fans, but majority of fan made ones have been constantly broken by Gamefreak in later games. Those are so far the only ones to have remained. Might be a bit more but these were the ones right at the top of my head without needing to go through the Pokedex again.

At first, I though they were part of a trio but....I don't see what Jynx really has in common with Electabuzz or even Magmar. Arguably (actually it can hardly be debated considering Jynx's anatomy), Jynx is more humanoid than the former two (even though they're all really humanoid in a sense), but that's all I really see them having in common. oO; So in that sense, maybe Jynx isn't really paired up with them, after all, which is why it didn't get an evo.

It didn't want to get one because GF didn't want to give it one. Until Gen 4, all three have high similarities and were meant to be the legendary trio of the original games, being replaced by the birds.

If Jynx were to get another Evolutions and if it ends up with an item ending in "-izer" many fans will fight to get her added back into as a trio. It wasn't until Gen 4 that Electabuzz and Magmar started getting more publicity but that was very short lived.

Even though the already shown picture was fake, some fans still believe the rumor that there will be a Jynx evolution. Really the only reason for wanting her to evolve is because they want to reestablish the trio.

Samething would happen if Pinsir got an evolution and Heracross didn't. Pinsir would drop Heracross as its paired Pokemon and go back to being Scyther's pair.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just to comment on all the pair thing (since I guess I sort of started the topic), I do realize that they aren't officially a pair or anything, but from a fan's perspective they kind of are, so with that logic it made sense. Of course, they don't have to follow through with that, so I'd be okay with just seeing a Mawile evolution and not having one for Sableye =P

On a different note, I'd love to see an evolution given to the Skitty line. Delcatty is just meh honestly, although it has a decent support movepool. Plus it's adorable =P Unlikely to happen due to Skitty evolving into Delcatty via Moon Stone, but it'd still be nice!

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
I'm not a big fan of Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of old Pokemon. While I may learn to love some of them, others just look horrible to me. For example I will never like Lickilicky and Magmortar.

Years
I also wish that it'll have one. Darn, I'm hoping that they'll break the stone evolutions don't have anymore evolution non written rule they have going on.
Also I feel that Manectic could use an evolution, she's the one I'm hoping gets an evolution the most out of all the Hoenn Pokémon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I'm rather fond of Manectric as it is, and it's stats aren't too bad really. It could be given one, but I don't really see it as a necessity for it.

Years
I think it's evolution's design should look more like a real life wolf. That way we can have our real wolf pokemon as many seem to forget it's based on a wolf :(

Years
I think a Mawile evo would be pretty cool. I'd also be happy if it got two evos (not stage 1 & 2 but two stage 1s similar to Huntail & Gorebyss), one were it's a bigger version of the yellow part of Mawile without the black jaw and another were the black jaw has consumed the rest of Mawile.

I know Farfetch'd gets brought up a lot, but I contemplated it further earlier when I compared its uselessness to Murkrow before Honchkrow was introduced.

Shuckle and Heracross could do with evolutions just for more exposure, they're part of a section of Johto pokemon I easily manage to forget.

It would be cool if Spinda evolved into a powerful pokemon that gets confused through its ability, in a sort of similar drawback to Slaking.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
A Spinda evolution would definitely be cool. I mean, something to actual abuse Contrary (other than Superpower) would be really cool for it. That, or just to up its stats so it could actually get an attack off easier =P

Years
Maybe it gives it the effect of outrage? Like after two or three turns of consecutive attacks it becomes confused.
Anyways, I hope it's evolution would look better, it's not the best looking of the Hoenn Pokémon...still cute though.

Years
It really all depends on it's power, if it has Slacking,Regigigas (and Kyogre and Groudon) stats I must say two would be the most likely if it is to have an ability like what we're talking about.
How about an alternate evolution for Slakoth?

Years
Yeah I like the Outrage-esque idea for Spinda.

If they gave a special hold item for Vigoroth to make it a bit more powerful, they could eliminate the need for an alternate evolution line.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really get the point of giving Vigoroth an alternative evolution. I always felt like the point of it was choosing something moderately strong and not having to only move every other turn, or have great power, but sacrifice some movement. If you give it another evolution, you're basically stripping away that choice and just making Vigoroth's alternate stronger. Slaking would pretty much be useless at that point, minus MAYBE outside double battles to give something else Truant.

Years
How about a Dugtrio evolution? I feel like it should've gotten one back in Gen IV. Maybe it could be a normal looking animal mole that way we never would expect it evolved from the triple cartoon mole.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I think there should be an alternate evo for Remoraid. Remoraid and Octillery just don't look like eachother at all! Remoraid should evolve into a Pure Water typed biggerfish. The fish that evolves into an octopuss us so weird imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How about a Dugtrio evolution? I feel like it should've gotten one back in Gen IV. Maybe it could be a normal looking animal mole that way we never would expect it evolved from the triple cartoon mole.

idk, if it is I can't help but think it'd be like those ugly drawings of it having legs below, and instead of three, there would be like five heads ;_;

Back