• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Starter Pokemon Would You Be?

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Don't use the Mystery Dungeon quiz to answer this, because that quiz doesn't give consistent results. Decide based off of your personality/which one you look a lot like.

I'd be a Bulbasaur! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Still thinking about my own answer to this, but in the meantime I'll move this over to Pokémon Voting Polls, as it is a perfect thread for that subsection!

-moved

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd most likely be a Torchic. Torchic are usually very shy, cheerful, protective, and easy to befriend, just like me! Speed Boost would the ability that I would have. With Speed Boost, I would always be able to outspeed my opponent and strike the first hit. My moveset would probably consist of Fire Blast, Hidden Power (grass), Substitute, and Rock Slide. Fire Blast would make it an easy task for me to defeat opposing grass-types. With Rock Slide, I'd be able to take out other fire-type Pokémon, since they're super-effective to it. Substitute would allow me to hide behind a doll and not take any damage at all. Finally, with Hidden Power, I would have the chance to make any water Pokémon faint. All of this would make me an extremely important asset to my trainer's team, haha. (:

Sirfetch’d

Give it a hug - it will be glowing with warmth

I would be a Torchic as well. Not only is it my favorite starter of all time, but that Pokedex description describes me a lot. I love receiving hugs and when I do, I fell all warn inside just like a Torchic.

Not to mention that I would make one hell of a cute little starter Pokemon:

150px-255Torchic.png

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Treeko, because I can kind of relate to it's Sapphire description. I am relaxed, and unafraid of threats.
treecko.jpg

Years
If I had to choose one starter that I could be, I think I'd be a Bulbasaur. It isn't that popular compared to the other Pokemon, and is a better Pokemon than many give it credit for, which would be similar characteristics I'd attribute to myself. Plus, I always like the personality that Ash's Bulbasaur had in the anime, and I think I'd act very similar if I were a Pokemon myself.

001.gif

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think would Chimchar like Paul/Ash's one in the anime. When I am hurt I can cause a lot of damage like when Chimchar's Blaze ability.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
It depends, if I didn't have to evolve then Squirtle. If I did, I would be Chimchar.

Nymue

Draconic Neophyte
Years
Charmander. I think I'm a Charmeleon at heart. I feel like I'm similarly confrontational, a loner, and difficult to please, but genuinely passionate about the things I fight about.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Probably a slightly clumsy and naive yet friendly and energetic Totodile! Not because I like Totodile in particular, but because I can totally relate to its, hm, smile somehow. xD And being over the top loud and talky.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
I guess a quiet and shy Squirtle, who ends up hiding in his shell a lot if there are too many people he does not know in an area. I don't know why I think I would be a Squirtle, it could be my massive love for the cute little guy. But maybe cause it would be nice to hide in a shell sometimes. ; n ;

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I would be Chimchar, because I find myself similar to him (as in the Pokémon anime) at some point, experiencing sad things, wanting to prove self and was out of control at some point and all.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
I don't know what I would be, but I know I would like to be a Bulbasaur, which I like. Also, I would like to be a geodude if possible, because it eventually evolves into Golem, which is my favorite pokemon.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
I would be a Cyndaquil. I am normally shy and quiet, especially around new people/people I don't know very well. Around friends, I am a completely different person; my flame lights up and I become energetic and free-spirited.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I would be a Fennekin. I love it's aesthetics and I can see myself as a Delphox if fully evolved. Fire and Psychic. Not the most fitting of all type combos, but out of the starters.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
If we're going in game with Mystery Dungeon, I would say Tepig. We both have strong hearts and want to protect who we love and won't give up so easily. I wouldn't want to evolve, though. If not, then I would want to be a Fennekin.

Back