• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origins

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
The Legend

Long ago, there existed a Pokemon that had control over time, space, and the dimensions. This creature enjoyed wreaking havoc and abused its powers to such an extent that it became known as the Bringer of Chaos. Accordingly, there existed another Pokemon to counterbalance its power. This Pokemon, the Controller of Fate, could guide an individual whose destiny had been distorted by the Chaos Pokemon back down their intended path.

For many ages, these two Pokemon struggled to gain an edge over one another. Whenever one side appeared to be at an advantage, the other would increase its efforts tenfold, thereby tipping the scale back in its own favor. Eventually, however, it was the Chaos Pokemon that proved triumphant. The Controller of Fate became overwhelmed by the sheer number of impeded destinies, and was thereby forced to concede defeat.

At this point, the Original One had no choice but to step in. Throughout the ages, the Original One had observed the struggle between the Bringer of Chaos and the Controller of Fate, but as long as the balance was maintained, the Original One could not interfere. Without the Controller of Fate, however, it became clear to the Original One that this one being could not be allowed so much power. So, the Original One split the Bringer of Chaos into three, dividing its abilities evenly amongst them. In this way, instead of one being having command over time, space, and the dimensions, each of the three would be allowed control of just one.

The Story
(Part One)

You play as either Logan or Natalia. Several weeks prior to the start of the game, you were found washed up on the shores of Taha Island, unconscious. When you finally came to, it became clear that you knew nothing about yourself, aside from your name, and had absolutely no idea how you had ended up on that island. The one who'd found you, a young woman by the name of Kaiya, owner of the local Pokemart, decided to allow you to stay with her for the time being, provided that you earn your keep by working at her store.

According to Kaiya, the inhabitants of Taha and its neighboring island Adia seldom ventured to the mainland, due to the numerous odd and unexplainable occurances as of late. For a while, you are content to heed her warning and stay within the boundaries of the two islands, but eventually, you become curious...

Following a chain of events in which you have your first encounter with a member of the Descendants, obtain an egg, and acquire a Pokemon from Professor Laurel of Adia Island, you finally manage to catch a boat to the mainland. Hovak, as you will soon discover, is a region of no straight paths and a great many roadblocks. Most of the towns you encounter will be experiencing a problem of some sort, and in order to progress, you must solve it. With each completed puzzle, you will regain a fragment of your memory.

Not everyone will appreciate your efforts. There will be those that try to hinder your progression, and help can come in many unexpected forms. Just be sure never to forget that in Hovak, things are not always as they seem!

The Setting

Hovak (hoh-vahk): A strange region with no gyms or Pokemon League. Many seemingly impossible things occur here, and you must restore balance in order to regain your memory and return home. Unrelated to the main series.

Valoh (va-loh): A region that has remained largely unchanged for many years, though there are those who would like to change that. Here, the truth shall be revealed...Set during the events of Platinum.

The Features

Spoiler:

Recruitment
(More than one accepted for most positions.)

1. Pokemon Concept Artist - Will draw concept sketches of the new Pokemon.
  2. Pokemon Concept Colorist- Will line and color the Pokemon concept sketches. Busoni
  3. Character Concept Artist - Will draw and color concepts of the new NPCs and generic trainers that appear within the game. Can be separated.
  4. Character/Pokemon OW Spritist - Will sprite trainer, NPC, and Pokemon OWs. Can be separated.
  5. Trainer Spritist - Will create in-battle trainer sprites.
  6. Pokemon Spritist - Will create in-battle Pokemon sprites, including backsprites.
  7. Item Spritist - Will create sprites of the new items found within the game (i.e. pokeballs, badges, etc.).
  8. Tile...ist - Will create outdoor and indoor tiles.
  9. Scripter - Will create the new scripts found within the game.
  10. Music Composer - Will compose the music for the various towns, etc. PsychoticTurtle, Hikui-Hito
Banners
Want to help spread the word about Pokemon Origins? Place one of these banners or userbars in your signature (or anywhere else, for that matter)!​
Userbar.png
HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180200"][IMG]http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo57/
pkmn_destiny/Userbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
A pretty good story... much better than a lot of the stuff I've read recently. I just have one question: what will your region look like? Will it be tropical, such as in (poor) Malachite? Or arctic, like no pokemon game yet made?

Even if other people ignore this, I believe in you!

Tsukiyo

Years
Aww, thank you...^.^!

I actually didn't reveal much of the story, even as far as Part One goes. I don't really want to reveal anything about Part Two until the game has been released, as that would, in my opinion, spoil too much of Part One. There are a lot of twists and turns within this game's plot, and you (that is, the character) end up discovering many things that you hadn't known even prior to losing you memory...

As for your question, the region isn't made up of just one climate. I tend to think of the regions sort of like small countries and, as such, it will be made up of several different climates.

By the by, I'd be willing to give you more details regarding the plot via PM, if you'd like...

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Wow. I really like this game. The beginning is a bit unorthodox, but that's why I like it. I would really like to help, but all I can do is write scripts (physical ones with lines, not coding). So I wish you luck. Keep it up!

Tsukiyo

Years
I'm glad what I've revealed thus far appeals to you, and thanks a ton for the luck! Be sure to keep checking back for updates...^^

Tsukiyo

Years
You're welcome to use the one in my sig, but I'm guessing you'll want something a bit smaller...xDD;

I'll try and get one of those userbars or some such up.

Tsukiyo

Years
One of the starters (fire, to be specific) is displayed in my signature; I'll have the other two up in the very near future.

To be honest, I have no intention of revealing all of the new Pokemon, but I may put up a couple of others (aside from the starters, that is).

riolu's

riolu? where!
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2009
spritist plox.

lol can i be a spriter? i have quite the experience, and i need a hobby...

Tsukiyo

Years
What are you interested in spriting? Pokemon, trainers, OWs...xD?
Have you got any examples?

riolu's

riolu? where!
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2009
What are you interested in spriting? Pokemon, trainers, OWs...xD?
Have you got any examples?

img3.imageshack. us/my.php?image=pokemonscene. png

remove all spaces

i can sprite anything you'll need.

Tsukiyo

Years
TheTotodileEmperor555 - Thank you...^^
Putting together the rest of the team is going to prove a lot easier than finding scripters for all of that, I'm sure. But, it'll be worth it in the end. I've got all of the details planned out, and I really think you guys will like what I've come up with. By the by, I'm willing to expand upon any of the aforementioned features, if anyone is interested!

riolu's - Hmm...Well, other than the Flannery sprite (which I'm not really sure about), your example doesn't really show me anything but a recolor and a couple of reposes (pixel overs?). As either the Pokemon or Character Spritist, you'd need to be able to do scratches (although, with the characters, you may be able to get away with heavy edits).
Also, you didn't really need to add the spaces to the link...o.o;

riolu's

riolu? where!
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2009
TheTotodileEmperor555 - Thank you...^^
Putting together the rest of the team is going to prove a lot easier than finding scripters for all of that, I'm sure. But, it'll be worth it in the end. I've got all of the details planned out, and I really think you guys will like what I've come up with. By the by, I'm willing to expand upon any of the aforementioned features, if anyone is interested!

riolu's - Hmm...Well, other than the Flannery sprite (which I'm not really sure about), your example doesn't really show me anything but a recolor and a couple of reposes (pixel overs?). As either the Pokemon or Character Spritist, you'd need to be able to do scratches (although, with the characters, you may be able to get away with heavy edits).
Also, you didn't really need to add the spaces to the link...o.o;

img195.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blondmidget.jpg
^my most recent^

jpeg sort of messed it up..
i did the other one a while ago, i didnt expect a good responce.

Tsukiyo

Years
Your anatomy could definitely use some work...XP
Ah...to be honest, I don't think your style is quite what I'm looking for.

Tsukiyo

Years
Thanks...xD!
I have my amazing artist and colorist to thank.

Wait 'till you see the other two.

shadowbmz

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2011
your features sound very promising
"Redesigned Fishing System
Redesigned Gym System
Tournament-Style Pokemon League"
really caught my attention especially the tournament Pokemon League
Good Luck!

Tsukiyo

Years
Tournament-style is the way the games were meant to be, in my opinion...XP
It's a bit more challenging if you don't know what you'll be up against going in; the Elite Four are, basically, improved Gym Leaders (aside from the Champion), which makes it all too easy to strategize beforehand.

I'm a bit disappointed that HG and SS incorporated basically the entirety of what I had in mind for the 'Follow Me!' system. Picking up items, activating events...I doubt anyone will believe me now, but I'm certainly wishing I hadn't delayed in posting this thread...xDD;

Ah, well. It'll be interesting to see how the official games handle it.

Last edited:
Back