• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
There is also that Mew glitch. (Which is legal and not cheating.) But please get back on topic.

Anyway, you appear to be coming even farther on the project, which is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
hmm ok
customisable hair styles (i hate you guys)
ok 2 ways we could do that
1. make a sprite of every customizable hair style, clothes colour etc.
2. make the game draw each part sepratly acording to the save game file

1. is alot of work i mean alot alot,
2. would make more lag and be difficult to code

currently we have a system where we have 100 diffrent sprites each with 7 colour variations

Years
This really is interesting! I can say this is probably gonna be completd as I see the will. Now let's get on the topic.
Seeing that clans are available makes me happy! I have some suggestions. In the clans what about a ranger option? Also what about a name like Pokemon Linked? or sth? :P That would make the game really nice. And a question. Since you're gonna put only the 151 Pokemon, the other won't be available to catch? Are you goning to update the game some time to cover them? Thanks in advance. Keep it up!

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
this game looks great hope you finish but the biggest problems i can see are goin to be in oaks lab, pokemarts, pokemon centers and the gyms couse everyone is goin to have to line up for ages to get to do what they want

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
reply to clan post

Yes we have heaps of diffrent "clans' as you call them, that ranger is one we didn't think of though thanks so much

thesse are great ideas guys you should all join the development team

I like "Pokemon Linked"
but what does sth stand for?

spike6958 said:
this game looks great hope you finish but the biggest problems i can see are goin to be in oaks lab, pokemarts, pokemon centers and the gyms couse everyone is goin to have to line up for ages to get to do what they want

All thesse places have an overflow limit of about 15 - 30 people depending on the building
of course when the game begins we will moniter taffic through thesse buildings and change the overflow limit as needed
i'll post a screen shot of a pokemon center

Screenshot4.PNG

* not complete still some bugs *
The main room in the gym area "where the leader is" will be unique or individual to each player

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
not sure what you mean by instance based
but it will just go to a second identical pokemon center
basically 2 or more maps for every key building

we may do this with routes as well if they lagg

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
FireKP1 said:
Nice pokemon center. I was wondering about traffic.

wonder no more
We spent a good 3 months solid planning
started full development about a month ago

Battle system calculations implimented
now fixing the save game files

Geo tells me that we now have case sensitive passwords (good work geo logic)(whos not yet a member of the forum but still reads the posts)

Last edited:

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
This Game Looks Great, Ive Always Wanted To Play An Online Pokemon Game. Well Anyway Get Ready To Type Because Heres An Interview On Your Game.

"Think Of This Not As A Bunch Of Questions But As An Interview"

For Contests Or Competitions You Could Make The Prize Be A Pokemon From Another Region. You Wouldnt Have To Code All The 386 Maybe Just Like 10 From The Other Games And They Would Be Rare To The Region. That Would Be Cool.

Also If You Become The Elitle Champion Will You Stay Their And Battle The Other Trainers That Come In To Face You?

Will Their Be A Battle Frointeir? (Seeing As In The Anime Its In Kanto.)
If Their Was You Could Give The Parts Of Being It To Some High Level Players Like Each 3 Months You Would Check On How Each Frointier Brain You Hired Is Doing And You Could Either Reinstate Them Or Give Another Trainer The Honor.

One Last Question:
Will There Be Pokemon Contests?
Proabably Be Cool And You Could Make It Cooler With The Anime Styled Where You Appeal Off Your Moves And Then Battle.

Haha I Lied One More Question I Promise:
Will You Have The Sevvi Islands On Your Game?
It Would Be Cool To Be Able To Sail To Them And Have Different Things.

Will Their Be A System For Your Pokemon To Come Out Of Their Balls And Follow You Or Like Have A Feeding And Care System?
It Might Be Cool To Be Able To Just Let Your Starter Be Able To Follow You, If You Dont Want To Code The Others.

Will Thier Be Missions For The Clans To Go On And Can Anyone Form One And Give Out Ranks, Aswell As Create The Name Of It?

Will Thier Be A System To Trade Items And Pokemon?

Will Morning, Day, And Night Systems As Well As A Phone System To Talk To People On Your Friends List Be Avilable In The Game?

Last But Not Last:
For Pokemon Breeders, Will They Be Able To Set Up Daycares At Thier House And Watch And Help Raise/Train Pokemon That The Player Dropped Off?
If So Will The Player Breeder Be Able To Take The Pokemon Out And Battle It. Will Players Also Be Allowed To Set Prices For Thier Services?

OK LAST ONE I PROMISE!
Will Other Players Be Allowed To Board Anothers Ship? Can The Player Lock Their Ship, Customize The Outside And Inside? And Will Their Be Different Kinds Of Boats To Buy Such As A Sail Boat And A Mini Speed Boat Then Going Up Alot Higher, A Cruise Liner Which Players Can Throw Partys On And Have Features For A Vacation Where People Could Stay And Give Money?

I Have Millions Of More Questions But Ill Let You Rest Your Hands From Typing The Answers, But I Will Be Back To Ask More, So Be Prepared, Ill Be Back.

Last edited:

Illusion

RMXP game maker
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
I really hope this game doesn't just die out like all the other Pokemon MMORPG's, nearly every time I saw one, it was never released and died...
But all I can say is that this does look like a great game, I'll be waiting for a demo.
Illusion
PS: Please continue with ur game it really lokks interesting. ;)
@mattwo: This is considered like asking to be a beta-tester, I don't think it's allowed...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Tbone2356 said:
For Contests Or Competitions You Could Make The Prize Be A Pokemon From Another Region. You Wouldnt Have To Code All The 386 Maybe Just Like 10 From The Other Games And They Would Be Rare To The Region. That Would Be Cool.
possable again i think the team and i have agreed to get it finish and add stuff in later

Tbone2356 said:
Also If You Become The Elitle Champion Will You Stay Their And Battle The Other Trainers That Come In To Face You?

Actually were not quite sure how we're going to do this, i'll keep you updated

Tbone2356 said:
Will Their Be A Battle Frointeir? (Seeing As In The Anime Its In Kanto.)
If Their Was You Could Give The Parts Of Being It To Some High Level Players Like Each 3 Months You Would Check On How Each Frointier Brain You Hired Is Doing And You Could Either Reinstate Them Or Give Another Trainer The Honor.

maybey, the thought had crossed our minds

Tbone2356 said:
One Last Question:
yea right

Tbone2356 said:
Will There Be Pokemon Contests?
Proabably Be Cool And You Could Make It Cooler With The Anime Styled Where You Appeal Off Your Moves And Then Battle.

Maybey later

Tbone2356 said:
Haha I Lied One More Question I Promise:
knew it

Tbone2356 said:
Will You Have The Sevvi Islands On Your Game?
It Would Be Cool To Be Able To Sail To Them And Have Different Things.
probably not at first but definitally later. this may depend on how where feeling after kanto
remember the routes are huge

Tbone2356 said:
Will Their Be A System For Your Pokemon To Come Out Of Their Balls And Follow You Or Like Have A Feeding And Care System?
It Might Be Cool To Be Able To Just Let Your Starter Be Able To Follow You, If You Dont Want To Code The Others.
no, this would create too much lagg having to draw all that
nice idea. it came up in planning but we never thought much of it

Tbone2356 said:
Will Thier Be Missions For The Clans To Go On And Can Anyone Form One And Give Out Ranks, Aswell As Create The Name Of It?
well yes you can create your own clans or guilds or mafias if you want as well as all the things you said above ^
* this feature is finished but may require tweaking *
but remember when you choose to be a pokemon breeder or a trainer or whatever its really just a title (no custom titles though) its linked to your sprite and is changeable thoughout the game and does not effect gameplay. it really just makes it sound cool if your title is a breeder and guess what you actually breed or run a day care lol

Tbone2356 said:
Will Thier Be A System To Trade Items And Pokemon?
yes and this is also finished

Tbone2356 said:
Will Morning, Day, And Night Systems As Well As A Phone System To Talk To People On Your Friends List Be Avilable In The Game?
Day and night system. currently there is but, there is some question whether this sould be taken out or not real time (currently it is)
this currently means that people from sertain countries such and the majority of europe, england etc would only ever play at night as they are 12hrs behind us

Tbone2356 said:
Last But Not Last:
For Pokemon Breeders, Will They Be Able To Set Up Daycares At Thier House And Watch And Help Raise/Train Pokemon That The Player Dropped Off?
If So Will The Player Breeder Be Able To Take The Pokemon Out And Battle It. Will Players Also Be Allowed To Set Prices For Thier Services?
yes, except you cant battle with them. it will be like a minigame/puzzel to get up a level

Tbone2356 said:
OK LAST ONE I PROMISE!
Will Other Players Be Allowed To Board Anothers Ship?
yes. i might not have metioned that

Tbone2356 said:
Can The Player Lock Their Ship, Customize The Outside And Inside? And Will Their Be Different Kinds Of Boats To Buy Such As A Sail Boat And A Mini Speed Boat Then Going Up Alot Higher, A Cruise Liner
yes and may have a crew for bigger ships
or yo could own a fleet of ships and just hire captins but you still get profit
but this is gameplay and you can do what you want

Tbone2356 said:
Which Players Can Throw Partys On And Have Features For A Vacation Where People Could Stay And Give Money?
you may do what you want as regards to the party.
and yes boat owners may charge for there services

Tbone2356 said:
I Have Millions Of More Questions But Ill Let You Rest Your Hands From Typing The Answers, But I Will Be Back To Ask More, So Be Prepared, Ill Be Back.

god not too soon as i need to work on the game

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 13, 2007
Blacksprite said:
oh and broken wings how would you like to work with us? (no dental plan but we do have good rsi cover)
Wha? Really? How, beta tester, spriter, what? Whatever it is, okay, I just don't know any coding apart from HTML... ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back