• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

borisjo

Scripter (XSE, pokescript)
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2016
Pokemon Emerald 1.0
Advance Map
XSE
---

Does anyone know Bagon and Trapinch's hexadecimal number?

Oh, and could I make a title screen in Adobe/Macromedia Fireworks and somehow send it into unLz.gba to use as my titlescreen? I need the titlescreen number too for unLZ.gba unless there's another way I could edit the titlescreen.

Decimal counts from 0 till 9 and hex counts from 0 till F ( 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F)

Bagon's number is 371 what makes 0x173 (funny it's the opposite)
Trapinch's number is 328 what makes 0x148

You CAN edit the title screen, the only way I know is with one of the tools from HackMew (I guess, sorry I'm not sure 'cus i deleted it O.O)
And maybe you can edit it all but than you need to hex edit it and I don't think you're going to that since you asked for the hex codes I say: GOOD LUCK! =D

P.s: You can also use RMXP but I don't know this programm, never got interested in it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
Thanks for the help guys, but i'm still unclear on the titlescreen editing, I want it to be completley custom, like I just want to edit the title and background. Can I use Fireworks to do this?

Oh, and does anyone have a flag list for Emerald? Cause i'm new to using flags and I dunno what flag means what. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Years
I want to know how to decapitalize Pokemon, move names, and item names for Fire Red and Emerald, how do I do that? Also for Fire Red when you get the Pokedex I want it to be in National Dex form when you first obtain it, how do I do that?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2012
I want to know how to decapitalize Pokemon, move names, and item names for Fire Red and Emerald, how do I do that? Also for Fire Red when you get the Pokedex I want it to be in National Dex form when you first obtain it, how do I do that?
1) To decapitalize, you have to download a script editor, move editor, Pokemon editor, etc. and manually decapitalize everything. I don't think there's an easier way.
2) It involves flags. I believe the flag for the National Dex (and how to get it to work) is in the XSE tutorial in the Tutorials section here. (I'd explain more but I'm not exactly good at this stuff...)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years

There was a ROM Base that had all the names decapitilized, I think it was wichu that made it? I dunno, use the search function ;)

You can activate the national dex by using the special 0x16F once the player has the pokedex ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
hacking pointers

hi!

I have a simple question...

I'm used to hacking (with nes), I mean the command... so I can change intelligence and things like that...

but for games I hacked, pointers were always given... I wondered, if I have something, for example, the pokedex, the list of hex code which tell the order of the pokemon in the pokedex, how can I find the pointer?

are there tutorial about it?

and I found the pokedex by logic... but if I hadn't is there a easy way to find such datas? I just search for number of two bytes in the order of the pokedex and found it...

thx for reading me

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
hi!

I have a simple question...

I'm used to hacking (with nes), I mean the command... so I can change intelligence and things like that...

but for games I hacked, pointers were always given... I wondered, if I have something, for example, the pokedex, the list of hex code which tell the order of the pokemon in the pokedex, how can I find the pointer?

are there tutorial about it?

and I found the pokedex by logic... but if I hadn't is there a easy way to find such datas? I just search for number of two bytes in the order of the pokedex and found it...

thx for reading me

Alright I think you should do some reading in the tutorials section. Because unlike NES hacking we have a whole bunch of tools here ready for use and rarely do any real hex editing. So take a look around in the tutorial and toolbox sections. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
thx a lot for ansering.

I know and use lots of those tools, but the reason I'm asking, is because I want to expand the bank ok pokemon too to have more. so I would need to have my pointers to points somewhere, and that is why I need to find them. For this, I don't know of any tools...

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
OK guys, so I want a character to flat out disappear after I talk to them. No fade to black, just *poof*, like a cupcake in front of a Snorlax. What's the script for, or how do I go about, doing that? And thanks for the previous answer, Lyzo!

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
OK guys, so I want a character to flat out disappear after I talk to them. No fade to black, just *poof*, like a cupcake in front of a Snorlax. What's the script for, or how do I go about, doing that? And thanks for the previous answer, Lyzo!

There's two ways you can do that ;)

One's better than the other. One is using applymovement and one of the applymovements makes the character dissappear. <- not good one.

THe other is using hidesprite 0xEventNumber

For more info on it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

that's diego's tutorial on scripting, search 'hidesprite' and go down till you have the part on hidesprite and showsprite.

If you want to make the character dissapear forever, also set a flag and put that in the event properties in advance map ;)

Always glad to help :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Alright, well two questions about that. First, when I try to insert hidesprite into this certain person's script (some guy in Viridian City), it says that "hidesprite" is an unknown command. And second, how do I find out the event number of this guy so that he in specific disappears? Thanks!

Oh and also a different question if you get the chance.. I tried to make a person give the player a Pokemon by assigning the script to a free hex value via PokeScript, but when I assigned the script's new hex value to the person in Advance-Map, the person's script became the following:
Spoiler:

When it should have looked like
Spoiler:

Any idea why? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Alright, I don't know much about PokeScript, sorry about that. The hidesprite command is for XSE, but pokescript should have it as well, but it's probably named differently, or it's a #raw... But I wouldn't know...

You should switch over to XSE anyway, seeing as PokeScript is quite outdated and unsupported anyway. It's much like pokescript, but a bit different, and so much easier to use!

You can get it here and here is a quite extensive tutorial. In this tutorial it also shows you how to get the person event number ;)

Cheesewig

Hi!
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
Worded better:

Pokemon Gold:
In PKSV-UI Is there a way that I can change RAM Values in a script?

RAM Values like:
D1FF-Player's Sprite
D203-Player's Clothes

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Pokemon Gold:
In PKSV-UI Is there a way that I can change RAM Values in a script?

RAM Values like:
D1FF-Player's Sprite
D203-Player's Clothes
There is a way. First, you should probably study Tauwasser's scripting compendium. The command you're looking for is 0x1B.
It took me less than 5 minutes to figure out how the command 0x1B is labeled in PKSV (and I never used that program before), so you should too. You can write the raw command in the ROM, than decompile it and see how it is labeled. Or you could just write your scripts using a hex editor and the Compendium as a reference.

Cheesewig

Hi!
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
I edited the sprite with RAM finally but when I enter a building the sprite changes to something I don't want.

It was normal: I changed into the Rival but I entered my house and I turned into Mom. I went into a pokémart and changed to a random guy.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
hi!

I've been searching for 1 hour, how to edit the intro with prof birch, and the starting map of pokemon ruby (which is the truck, and I don't find this map) and also, I don't find the script for the mother first speech...

if there is already a thread, please tell me, because Idon,t find it

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
Pokemon Emerald 1.0
XSE
Advance Map
---

How could I make the "tree" person event be able to be cut?

Thanks guys. <3

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Hey guys, in FR/LG, is it possible to edit the ghost of Marowak battle in Pokemon Tower so that it's a different Pokemon? I tried my best to go into the script and change it, but it kept reverting back to Marowak.

Alright, I don't know much about PokeScript, sorry about that. The hidesprite command is for XSE, but pokescript should have it as well, but it's probably named differently, or it's a #raw... But I wouldn't know...

You should switch over to XSE anyway, seeing as PokeScript is quite outdated and unsupported anyway. It's much like pokescript, but a bit different, and so much easier to use!

You can get it here and here is a quite extensive tutorial. In this tutorial it also shows you how to get the person event number ;)

Cool, thanks man. XSE sounds good, I'll definitely switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back