• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bright Lights ✧ (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha. I realized what I forgot. Age! Please put age into your SU :3 Preferably somewhere between 13-17, thank you.

details
NAME: Auryn Reins

appearance
BODY: Auryn is tiny, measuring 160 cm and weighing 47 kg. She keeps healthy by eating almost nothing but seafood and vegetables as well as running around in the outdoors at all times. Flowing down alongside her petite figure is her incredibly long hair. It is black as a raven and reaches down almost to her knees, being wavy and wild but still shiny in an almost blue way.

Her complexion is as pale as they come, but still most often has a healthy pink tint to it, especially on her cheeks. Not a single freckle dot her though, and she hasn't managed to find any birthmarks on her whole body. Her face is round, as is her nose, and her eyes are big and also round, with naturally dark eyelashes and a striking emerald color. Her front teeth are somewhat too large which shows when she smiles. Despite being so tiny, she has got enough muscles to be energetic and quick, with great reflexes and balance.

CLOTHING: Auryn will wear a black, rather short but wide and simple dress on her journey, with thin straps and some frill. Under that, she will wear leggings of varying colors, like red, green and blue depending on the mood and occasion. Her shoes are black ballet flats. Over the dress, she wears a long, gray coat. One significant part of her attire is her very big and round, glasses. They are a bit too big for her but they sit nicely in her thick hair behind her ears and they used to belong to her father so she really loves them. She doesn't even need glasses for real; there is not even any glass in them!

She also wears a pendant around her neck in a brown leather strip. It's an amulet for luck, and it's a light brown and white seashell that she found when she was playing at the beach with her mother some time, many years ago. For her stuff, she will carry a relatively large brown backpack.​
personal
PERSONALITY: Auryn is spontaneous, energetic and active, but not in a loud and annoying way. She can never sit still for long and has seldom watched a movie or TV series in her life. Speaking ill of others would never occur to her, which is why she tends to get very disappointed and even sad when people do bad things that could actually justify speaking ill of them. Normally, she doesn't ponder things for long though, and can forgive them very easily. She is not the person to wish for things and dream a lot to no avail; if she wants something, she makes sure to get there. This activeness together with her genuine naivety has earned her the place as the class clown, even though other candidates could do a more self-conscious job.

Her upbringing with her aunt Lucia has made her value different things in life than most 14 year olds do. She has never tried to wear make up and even if she does think about love sometimes, it's always in the platonic romantic way and never about what she could actually do with a boy. She wouldn't even know what to think about. Instead, she loves to spend time outdoors in the nature and see beautiful views and play in secret with her friend Remoraid.

She has got some friends in school, but they aren't very close as most find her too odd to bother with. She wears strangely colorful clothes most of the time and is generally too naive and oblivious to who is popular and who is not. Plus, doesn't she seem to smell like fish pretty often? This makes Remoraid the only real friend she has. Beside her aunt, of course.

INTERESTS: Above everything else, Auryn feels good when she is outdoors. She might not look like she's suited - or even dressed - for a life under the stars, but she feels like her body is starting to itch if she is indoors for too long.

Like with the seashell pendant, she likes to collect small, beautiful things. It can be pebbles, pieces of junk, flowers or things like that. She keeps whole shelves of collected stuff in her room.

A calm day is almost boring for Auryn. She likes when the wind blows and the rain falls. She loves when the sun shines strongly and cute clouds dot the sky. She likes when something happens and the nature shows its dramatic ways through weather.

Remoraid is her primary playmate and she is always eager to compete for fun or invent new games to get some exhilarating feelings. It's not winning that matters, it's the game itself!

DISLIKES: Sitting still was never her good quality. She starts feeling itchy and annoyed if she is motionless for too long, unless she is sleeping of course. She has been known to walk in her sleep though...

Auryn dislikes when people say bad things about others, and therefore she really dislikes when people do bad things and actually deserve getting spoken ill off. She also disapproves of rancorous people though, and easily forgets trouble herself.

Crying is to her unnecessary, but she has done it on occasions. Normally she bottles up sad feelings, so when they do come out, she can get really emotional and crying. Which she doesn't feel comfortable with.

HISTORY: Auryn was born in Vermilion City, as the first daughter to two loving parents. The father was an office worker in Saffron City and went there every day. The mother was a teacher at a local kindergarten. The first years of Auryn's life were happy and nothing special happened. Not until the fateful day when a tidal wave swept the Reins boat away and drowned the parents. Auryn, not more than five years old, survived and was washed ashore thanks to a group of Remoraid that she could cling onto. The newly orphaned girl didn't fully understand the severity of the situation, but she got sent to Cinnabar Island, to live with her mother's sister, Lucia Reins.

Lucia lived in an old lighthouse building on the outskirts of Cinnabar Town. Her values in life differed from most other people's, and Auryn was now brought up as a slightly peculiar child. She always wore clothes that looked strange to other children, because her aunt with her special taste picked clothes for her. She didn't own a computer or TV because her aunt believed that those machines would only dull your brain or make your eyes turn square shaped. She didn't play any sports, but she knew a huge number of bizarre games and ways to have fun that her aunt had thought her, using the forest and the cliffs near the lighthouse and beach as the setting. Auryn turned into a clever, alert and creative soul who didn't care much what people said about her because her aunt said that if you never speak ill of others, they would have no real reason to speak ill of you either.

Unfortunately, her healthy and odd lifestyle had its downsides too. She became naive and even clueless about things that would seem obvious to others. Like love between a man and a woman, because her aunt didn't think that stuff was appropriate for Auryn to think about. Politics and TV shows were other areas where she was completely lost. Another area could have been pokémon training. Lucia didn't even own a pokémon. She regarded them as useful beasts and fairies that nursed the Earth and lived their own lives, but she didn't think humans were meant to interact with them. And certainly not meant to force them to battle, or live with them! Here, though, Auryn's mind worked on its own.

She had been nervous and lost when she moved to Cinnabar. She made new friends in school and even though she grew up to be regarded as an oddball, she wasn't downright despised or laughed at. Well, maybe she was sometimes laughed at, but that was because she had accepted her role as the class clown and actually laughed with them quite often. But she felt a bit alone, like nobody really understood her. She didn't really understand herself, and wondered if she should be feeling more sad than she did over the loss of her parents.

One day when she was 9 years old, she was playing alone on the beach. Well, mostly she was thinking. Then, she noticed a pokémon washed up on shore. A Remoraid. It awokened a memory inside her, the memory of some Remoraid saving her life in the accident. She tossed the pokémon back into sea. It didn't even seem happy or thankful and just swam away, but nevertheless Auryn had repaid the help now, she thought. But after that, she started feeling watched when she was on the beach. Eventually, she realized that the Remoraid hadn't left. Whenever she went down to the beach, it was there waiting for her, watching her play with its expressionless face. So Auryn finally began playing with it.

It didn't take long for the two of them to realize that they needed each other. Auryn now had a friend who always listened, even though it most of the time was hard to tell if he really cared. Eventually she learned to read the little expressions his fish face actually did, and she discovered that he was actually quite the smart fish. She didn't tell Lucia about this because she knew her aunt wouldn't approve. But as it became suspicious when she started going to the beach more often, she knew she needed to find some other solution for being able to meet with Remoraid. So she started carrying him.

Under her arm, as if she was carrying a thin barrel there, she walked around with him. Remoraid was at first terrified of being out of the water, but he soon learned that it didn't really kill him. He seemed to be breathing air just as well as water anyways. Eventually, he even learned to jump around on the ground to get around, even though he preferred being carried around by the human girl.

One day, Ambella Coal accidentally met them when they were playing in the forest. She promised not to say anything to anyone about Auryn having a pokémon, but she didn't understand why it was so important. Then came the day when Ambella needed trainers for her mission. She thought of Auryn and her great bond with the unusual Remoraid and went to the lighthouse to talk to Lucia. When Auryn came home and found them talking, her aunt was fuming, having just learned that Auryn had been sneaking around behind her back with a pokémon. Ambella managed to calm them down though, and explained to Lucia that she needed the girl and her pokémon. Finally, Lucia agreed after Ambella had promised to pay her too.

So with a worried sick aunt and a land-jumping Remoraid who has only recently seen the inside of a pokéball for the first time, a naive little girl starts her journey to catch 'em all. Or at least find them. Or at least some of them.​
pokémon
SPECIES: Remoraid

RP sample

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ah withdraw me. Sorry Red, a bit too busy at the moment. I'll certainly be reading though and if spots come open later, please let me know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Really Red, you should have seen this one coming. :)
Accepted! Aww, and here I really liked your character.

Awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeaweosmeawesome, Okay, I'll stop now and instead provide this un-filled out application-form.
Confusing but fun SU xD I prefer if you write your RP posts in third person, though first person could be fun with Irwin, perhaps.
Accepted!

Must, resist, urge, to join!
I failed
I'll use a Zigzagoon, I suddenly feel like loving those...
The sample will be my most recent post in Skies of Fruition :)
I also wanted to do a character based upon myself, hope that's not a problem...
I guess we need some kind of unsocial/gloomy character to counter Irwin and Auryn with :p I prefer if the RP posts are written in third person, though first person is ok. Second person makes me think of Homestuck too much ;p
Accepted!

NAME: Kai
I have to listen to my guts when I pick players and even though your SU is ok, I don't think your writing style is what I'm looking for for this RP.

BUT if you rewrite the RP sample to be in third person past tense (or at least some kind of past tense) I can re-read it and think again. Try to not be so fast-paced; it's a bit difficult to follow what's happening at all times :)

details
NAME: (first and last) Ben White
Your RP sample is fine, but your SU is incredibly thin. I don't get a good enough feeling for your character. I'm declining it for now, but you can try to flesh it out if you want. Let me know when you want me to re-read your SU :3

To everyone else, work on those SUs if you want one of the last 2 spots. If I find three SUs I really like when I check in the morning, I guess might accept one extra player ;)

Goodnight!

Fuyu

Years
Aw now you're making me feel bad. I just felt like the character was coming out real slow. XD If I can finish the SU in the next few hours I'll consider it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Aw now you're making me feel bad. I just felt like the character was coming out real slow. XD If I can finish the SU in the next few hours I'll consider it.

Haha, you mean you weren't even finished? I must really like you or something to think it sufficed, then xD

But actually, if you are busy you'd better leave the spot to someone else. For the sake of the RP and its activity. No matter how much I like you :3

Fuyu

Years
:3 I hadn't even written her history yet. It's not so much that I'm busy; I just go slower than everyone else here so far :P Cause I get distracted and multitask.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I'm so tempted to submit a SU for this now. I'll try and work on one. :D

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Haha yeah... I actually got the idea to write the SU in first person because in the parenthases for the different things, it said stuff like "What is your clothing", and I thought, why not make the character fill it out himself? And thus, Irwin's confusing but fun SU was born. I'm not sure what narrative style to write his posts in though. I could use third person, but then again I like to try new things now and then...

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
So, here's my signup. I hope I got everything in order, would love to be a member for this one. If I missed anything, please let me know, I'll be sure to rectify anything that may be amiss. My RP sample is from the "Odyssey" RP, so if anyone is curious as to the material, my character there is a villain. So if it seemed a bit...evil, that's why. :P

details
NAME: Allie Corwin

appearance
BODY: A short girl, approximately 5'1" and petite in frame. Allie grew up as a fat kid, always leaning more towards the plus size end of the spectrum. In recent years however, due to her success in dieting and perseverance, Allie has gotten down to a much more normal, svelte weight. Even though she is now what one would consider "normal" in size, her face still harbors some of that stubborn baby fat in her cheeks, giving her face a childlike endearing quality.

Her rich, wavy, shoulder length brunette hair, is contrasted by the light blue almond shaped eyes that sit upon her button nose and round lips. A light dusting of freckles adorn each cheek, contrasting the tone of her pale flesh. If one were to look very closely, the faint traces of a small scar is visible on the left side of her forehead. Sustained by a playground accident when she was very young, she now attempts to cover it at all times with her bangs.

CLOTHING: For the journey ahead, Allie decided on her favorite red and black Argyle knit dress, the one that comes mid thigh on her, the top is almost sweater like in that it has a turtleneckish neckline with short fitted sleeves. She adorns this with gray leggings underneath. On her feet, for practicalities purposes, she has her black leather, mid-calf, flat boots with rubber soles.

Not being an overly big fan of accessories, all she decided to bring with her was her mother's bracelet: A silver chevron shaped bracelet that sits on her left wrist, her and her mother's names engraved on the inside. Her pack is a simple one strap messenger bag: A thick, white, canvas made bag. Two pockets on the side and a large zipper pocket on the front.​
personal
PERSONALITY: Allie is fiery, spunky and all around overly energetic. Her personality now almost a complete one hundred and eighty degree turn from her childhood. After so many years of being told she wasn't good enough, or ugly. Allie finally found the courage to stand up for herself and rectify the majority of the issues in her life.

She finds herself at a crossroads, stuck in the limbo of not quite a child, not quite an adult. She expects much of herself now, more so than others demand. Quick witted, but at times her mouth has no filter. Many times, she has said a hurtful thing, or said the wrong thing to the wrong person only to suffer the consequences. She never intends to hurt anyone with her comments. And if she ever found out she did, the proverbial heart on her sleeves would ache at her mistake. She would never rest to make sure she atoned for an injustice made against another.

Underneath all that she is, Allie suffers from the overcompensation of a long gone youth. She hated the person she was and as a result, has tried to remove her from existence.

INTERESTS: Allie has always been a musician at heart. Growing up, one of the few friends she had, besides Wicki of course, was her Piano. Many hours every day were dedicated to its cause, not just recital but composition.

She has a great desire to make new friends, each person she meets has a new and interesting story to tell. (At least in her mind.)

Against all rational thinking, Allie is in love with the rain, even if she is caught in it.

People who aid those in need and stand up for the weak.

Ice Cream. :P

DISLIKES: Allie is absolutely afraid of the dark, no matter how much someone tries to convince her nothing is there to harm her. She doesn't know where this fear comes from, but it has been a recurring fear since her childhood.

People who are incredibly stupid or dense.

Boys who are too flirty or only care about romance. In her mind, romance is something desirable, but only if it should come along naturally. The brain and personality are her ideas of beauty, not people who overly idolize the body.

HISTORY: Born and raise on Cinnabar Island, Allie grew up with two admittedly over loving parents. Her mother Ashley and father Charles, spared no expense or moment for their only child. They didn't have a privileged living, but she never longed for anything materially either.

Every night, right before bed, she would shriek in terror at the prospect of the lights being shut off. Her parents could never comprehend this irrational fear and deemed it a faze. Many months and years later however, with little Allie continuing to magically appear in their bed under the covers, they decided that it needed to be addressed. One day, her parents summoned her to the living room. A pokeball placed dead center of the coffee table. They told her it was a gift, someone who would protect her in the dark and scare anyway anything mean. Obviously they never read much about Litwicks or their reputation for absorbing the life energies of people, because they thought it was a perfect gift for a five year old afraid of the dark.

The day she first met Wicki, he had emerged from his Pokeball with a most inquisitive look. He couldn't quite figure out what to make of Allie, or she him. Their first night together was both sleepless and illuminating. They stared at each other from across the expanse of her room, the only light coming from the top of the little pokemon's head. It was a most effective night light, but it took a long time before they even got around to being within three feet of one another.

Her early school years were well documented as being the worst of her life. Constant picking and ridicule were cast in her direction. She was awkward from the first day, the most insufferable nickname coming from a boy she both loathed and secretly had a crush on. His name calling was both unexpected and most agonizing, every time he would call her "Munchlax", she just wanted to curl up and die.

Upon reaching her teens, she finally found the strength to overcome. Life became much more tolerable. The motivation for change came from within, she pushed herself by sheer force of will. Wicki and her bonded much more closely. Every night, they would sit at her piano. Allie playing and composing by the soft glow of his lustrous flame. Even through all of the changes she induced in her life and many friends, Wicki was her one true friend. The only one besides her family who loved her wether she was fat or skinny, shy or boisterous. The bond was real and tangible.

Her teenage years were filled with much more happiness than her childhood. The social life in junior high was much more conducive for friendships, and she made many. It was almost as if she had gone through a reboot of her own making. The once shy and introverted girl, a now extraverted and driven young lady.

pokémon
SPECIES: Litwick (Wicki)
607.gif

RP sample
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
:3 I hadn't even written her history yet. It's not so much that I'm busy; I just go slower than everyone else here so far :P Cause I get distracted and multitask.

Note to self: don't go through SUs in the middle of the night. xD

And KingKaos, if you think that is past tense, then I don't think you're right for this RP :3 No offense.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I know what you mean, Psycho. :/ When I make a character for an RP I can usually only make one. Maybe a second one, but certainly not as good. Everything else just feels out of place.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ah, I'm conflicted. I have a character in mind for this RP, but it's a guy, and you already accepted two guys. It's not even a character I could easily translate into a girl either. It just wouldn't be the same, you know?

I can easily accept three guys. Go ahead and make one if you want to :]

I noticed that both PsychoJigglypuff and Kiklion are in Charizard_Man's RP as well. If you choose to enter this one too, I hope you can keep up interest in two Kanto trainer RPs at once.
I'm in the same boat since I'm in both too xD durr

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Uh, SU finished!

It's okay I think... I think I can improve it if I need to. Yeah...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
details
NAME: Eli King

appearance
BODY: Eli has dirty blond hair which he keeps short in a buzz cut. His facial hair is starting to grow in, but he keeps himself clean shaven. In fact, most of him is shaven as he does a lot of competitive swimming. His eyes are dark brown, but he usually keeps them covered with sunglasses or goggles. His skin has a slight tan due to being outdoors most of the time. If he isn't careful though, he can burn pretty easily.

Eli stands tall at around 5'10" and weighs a healthy 160 lbs. He has good muscle mass due to his athleticism; not too built, but still very fit. His features are masculine, with broad shoulders, a prominent brow, and a square jaw. This, accompanied with his usually serious demeanor, tends to intimidate some people. The impression he gives off is "tough guy you don't want to mess with."

CLOTHING: His usual attire consists of a simple black tank top and camouflage pattern cargo pants, accompanied by brown boots and black aviator sunglasses. Many people ask if he's trying to dress up like Lt. Surge, but it's really just a coincidental resemblance. When it's particularly hot outside, he dons brown shorts and sandals instead. Since he's a swimmer, he always has his suit, goggles, and a swim cap handy. He has a simple brown wristwatch on his right arm, and a brown satchel where he stores all of his supplies.​
personal
PERSONALITY: Eli is a reserved and quiet young man, keeping mostly to himself. While his stoicism makes him seem cold, he is actually a nice guy. He just doesn't express himself as easily. He's a pretty serious person most of the time, and his sense of humor is terrible. He rarely laughs at anything, and when he does, it isn't even remotely funny to anyone else. He also takes everything someone says seriously, so it's best not to use sarcasm or figures of speech around him.

He is a very protective person. If anything threatens his loved ones, he'll do anything to stop it. He also has a strong sense of justice, so if he sees anyone in danger or committing a crime, he will step in, regardless of how unwise it is. Other than those situations, he always thinks before he acts. Often times, he ends up overthinking things, but that's beside the point. He is generally a very rational and mature person.

INTERESTS: As stated several times already, Eli is a swimmer, and a competitive one at that. While he usually swims in pools, he also loves to swim in the ocean. He almost fells more comfortable in the water than on land. This leads him to have somewhat of a bias towards water-type Pokemon, as he enjoys swimming with them.

Another bias that wasn't nearly as obvious was his love of cute Pokemon. He is an absolute sucker for anything cute, in fact. This is very surprising to most people, as he gives off such a manly vibe, but when there's a cute Pokemon around, he practically melts. It's quite an amusing sight.

DISLIKES: He detests criminals and delinquents. If you're not a law abiding citizen, you're automatically on Eli's bad side. If someone is just rude or obnoxious, but haven't done anything wrong, he'll be annoyed by them on the inside, but outwardly tolerate them.

He also has a terrible sense of direction, so he dislikes maps, as they never seem to help him. He has to rely on other people to tell him where something is, or else he's just wandering blindly around.

HISTORY: Eli used to live in Nimbasa City, Unova. He had a large family, with three siblings, his parents, and his grandmother all living together in one house. His mother was a retired actress who ran a small gardening shop, and his father was a businessman who worked in Castelia City. It was a happy and lively time. Eli got along well with his siblings, and even though his older sister loved to tease him, it was all in good fun.

Unfortunately, those times didn't last. When Eli was six years old, his parents got into a fight. No one knew what had caused it, or what it was about, as they kept it to themselves. Whatever it was, they kept arguing about it, and eventually they split up. Eli and his younger sister Isabelle ended up going with their father, while his two older siblings went with his mother. It was a devastating time for everyone, as they didn't like being split from half of their family, but after a while, they simply got used to it.

Eli's father was originally from Kanto, so they ended up moving to his home town of Cinnabar Island. The two kids were mainly taken care of by their aunt and uncle, as their father was busy with work. It was a big change for Eli, but he ended up adapting well to the new environment, making friends locally and getting involved in the local swim team. Isabelle was only three at the time, so she didn't even remember her life back in Nimbasa.

For Eli's 16th birthday, he got a Pokemon egg as a gift from his aunt. She knew how much he loved Pokemon, especially cute Water-types. He took care of the egg and raised it lovingly, bringing it with him wherever he went. Before long, it hatched into an adorable Azurill he named Dot. They got along very well, and she joined him whenever he went for a swim. They were practically inseparable.
pokémon
SPECIES: Azurill

RP sample
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Done :D

details
NAME: Fiona Cole
Accepted!

Uh, SU finished!

It's okay I think... I think I can improve it if I need to. Yeah...
Yes. It's ok. I really like that you talked about the gym leaders in the history.
Accepted!

details
NAME: Eli King

Accepted!

To everyone else who signed up, thanks for your interest :3

With that, I guess it's time to start off the game already don't you think, players?

There's something we could discuss in this thread before we interact in the IC. Since we are all from Cinnabar Island, some of us can know each other beforehand. We have likely all gone to the same school, for instance, but we don't have to be close friends, unless some want that!

AURYN: my character should probably be regarded as a bit odd, with her crazily long hair and large, round glasses without any glass in them, as well as being very naive. She shouldn't be great friends with anyone right off the bat.

Deandra is probably in the same class as Auryn is. How well do you think the two of them should know each other? Would Deandra dislike Auryn or shrug and let her be what she is? Auryn would probably think Deandra's hair looks cool and then not mind much how she is. She would just greet her regardless of how Deandra treats her.​

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Eli probably wouldn't know any of them too well since he's the oldest. He would probably be regarded as "that guy who swims" or "that guy who looks like Lt Surge." Unless any of you want your characters to be friends with him, he will only recognize people as being from the same neighborhood and not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back