• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phobias

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I do have a few,

Dying in a Tsunami - it's been my #1 Fear for years (since 2004), still traumatized by just seeing on TV or Movies, or real life documentaries (like the ones of Indonesia, Chile, and Japan). Sometimes I get nightmares about them, and wake up sweating, heart-beating fast, and times I can feel tears coming down my eyes, spend an hour in bed before falling asleep.

Disease Carrying Animals - another of my phobias, not technically see the animal, but the fear of getting stung or bitten and catching the disease

Pokemon or Cats becoming extinct - I just hope they will outlive me, especially in nightmares, I realized that I don't get any if I sleep with a stuffed animal or Pokemon plushy next to my pillow, I have one on each side of pillow. My regular symptoms (even if the stuffed animal or Pokemon plushy falls from the bed) sweating, loosing sleep, heart-beating fast, and tears coming down my eyes (even if I'm not physically crying)

and some that I'm slowly starting to get over, not so much afraid as before...

Heights - I remember not wanting to go up a ladder more than the 2nd step, I would be paralyzed with fear, sweating, I almost felt like passing out

Speaking with new people I have not met before in general, or speaking in a group. I'm slowly starting to become a talker, but slowly I run out of ideas and become more quiet, I'm good in writing.

Parallel Parking - I was afraid of messing up, damaging other cars, or other drivers making fun of me for taking too long, I think I got over it by now, but still feel the way I described earlier when I think the parking spot is a little too small.

I know I have more but not so bad that they come to mind. xD
If Pokemon went extinct... I would... I don't even know xD
I love cats too so that would be terrible to never see a cute cat and rather a stupid cat meme with terrible grammar so bad it's like a code you have to decipher just to understand it xD
I have a fear of falling. Not heights. If I'm up high but in a large landmass and not near an edge, sure, but a small landmass with me on the edge... *gunshot* xD
I'm getting over this, I've been so shy as a child where I didn't have 1, not 1 friend 'til I was like 4-5 except my sister, I'm really sensitive because of this and other factors, etc
And more xD

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Here is my list of fears:

Moths. It's the way they fly that has me scared. A few times a one flew so close to me that I literally screamed.

Dogs. I really don't like these animals because most of them are quite vicious. A few have come close to biting me.

Blood. I actually can't stand seeing blood anywhere, unless I know it's my own. I'm scared of seeing blood because it could carry any sort of disease.

Heights. Anything over 15ft and I start to feel really uneasy. Funnily enough, I don't have a fear of flying.

I can't think of any more at this time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Hmm... i'd really have to say i've always feared getting stuck/locked in a small area where there is nothing i can do about it until someone realizes where i'm at.

Just imagine if your locked in a Super Small Area out in the middle of no where and the only thing you can do is hope/pray for someone to eventually come by a say, OH sounds like someone's in there lets check and see.. lol that would be terrifying!

Social Anxiety- For some odd reason it seems that as i've gotten older i seem to suffer from social anxiety, which when i was younger never had an effect on me. Being in large crowds with people socializing with complete strangers is something i personally don't mind but for some reason i get this really awkward & anxious feeling when i'm in those predicaments so i don't prefer to be around crowds like that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Dogs (from having one try to attack me when I was around 7 years old- since then, I've encountered many angry dogs that could have tried to attack me, but none have)

Being underwater (my friend's brother nearly drowned me a few years ago. I make myself be underwater anyway, in an attempt to get over it.)

My best friend picking up on one of my habits (people can PM me about this one if they're curious)

A few specific things about me becoming known to friends/family (asdfghjkl that would be horrible)

Those are at least some I'm willing to share haha.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hmm for me it's spiders over a certain size (the oily-looking ones with the pointy legs I really dislike)..

And I don't think it's a phobia, but I really fear walking alone at night :c Don't wanna be kidnapped or attacked or etc.. :C It is a scary thought!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Spiders and snakes, the standard ones. Bugs in general.

They developed from the fact that I live in Australia where all the nasty deadly ones live and there is a very real chance that I could be killed any day.

Back